Help Designing Valentine's Themed Deck

I'm fairly new to magic and was hoping to get input on a themed deck for valentine's day. My boyfriend is an avid control player, so I was looking to create a blue/white deck. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Maybe, to pair with his deck and go along with the hearts create a red deck with stuff that takes other people's creatures and "steal" their heart
  • edited February 2019
    Your best bet might be to assemble a soulbond themed deck.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[soulbond]

It exists mostly in green and blue, but has some powerful members in white (namely Silverblade Paladin). it wouldn't be too difficult to assemble some sort of Bant Soulbond control deck using cards like Druid's Familiar, Wolfir Silverheart, Pathbreaker Wurm, or the aforementioned Silverblade Paladin to set up finishers while using others for value. Combine this with some basic control spells including counters and basic removal and you've got a deck that'd also be (hopefully) cheap to make in addition to being on flavor.

I can whip up a sample list later if you'd like.
  • edited February 2019
    This seemed like it was on point for this topic...

• I like pj's idea of taking things.

It also should give things, "What's mine is yours, and yours is mine."
  • Like a U/R deck that takes creatures but causes both players to draw cards.
  • Thank you all so much! These are great ideas!
  • I'd be happy to help play test it!
  • edited February 2019
    @brightsong234 ive left you some comments on discuss. I hope your set comes out well, but if no ones said anything to you just yet, be sure to credit the original creator of cards you have remade they dropped here. Or you can get a premium to your account for 1 month it will allow you to instead of recreating cards just make a set folder for all the cards you would like to add to your set and you wouldnt need to recreate anyone elses cards, just go to the card, and then you can add it to your set. But this only works if you have a premium account. If you still want to remake other cardsmiths cards, which is cool most of the time (we are always working on improving our cards here) just give credit to the original cardsmith in the disqus when you remake their cards. Nice to meet you and welcome to mtgcardsmith! :) I hope this was said as nice as possible. :)
  • Thank you @sorinjace. I'll go back and credit the original authors! :) I didn't think people would mind. I appreciate you pointing this out to me.
  • edited February 2019
    I made a card for you, based off the idea of @Ranshi922
    If you have this, and have almost every other card being some type of instant, that would be super evil. Maybe it could even be the base to the most broken control deck ever. I might need to make that enchant more expensive, I don't know.

I still need to tweak the other two, and add another I had planned, but here they are so far.

• edited February 2019
    I wish I could find the artwork I want to find. Where does everyone else find their artwork?
  • Vigil of the Lost and Fated Infatuation for some real cards in those colors.
This discussion has been closed.