Duos Tournament

This is a spin off of regular tournaments, because you make a legendary creature with cmc 0-3 (must be humanoid! If it ain't human, elf, dwarf or something else that is clearly humanoid, it ain't getting in.) and a spell or artifact that shows more of your character. Once you do that, make a (decent length) story about them. Once we get 16 or 32 people, I get to pair people up, put you guys in a bracket, and after that, you guys get to work with your ally. But there may or may not be a twist for the pair that wins.

Now, for some background:
This takes place in the nation of Joulik, aka the land of champions. It is currently ruled by king Dealus, who won the previous tournament. There are many ruins around that are used as arenas, and the surrounding forests are commonly used as training grounds for contestents.
Round 1: CMC 0-3, 1 support
Round 2: CMC 3-6, 1 support
Round 3: CMC 6-9, 1 support
Round 4: CMC 10, 2 supports
If any more rounds are needed, they will follow the same path
Here is a link to all the cards representing currently needed knowledge: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Bowler218/sets/38556

Comments

Uwava is the sole heir to the Graadu clan, a wealthy family of noble elves and a top student at her school. She has talent with ranged weapons and nature and has a knack for exploring in the forests near her. After she came of age, she inherited the family heirloom of a legendary bow, with this in hand she set out on another one of her adventures looking for a magic crystal in the woods.

After adventuring for a few days, she reached a cave that held the crystal. She searched the cave till she reached the end where the crystal was. She reached out for the crystal and felt something pulse through her and knock her out. When she woke up she felt weakened and sick. When she went to a healer a disease was found.

Ugh, I don't want to write anymore. She has a magic disease and wants to win the tournament and get more powerful.
  • edited February 2019
    Uwava is already historic
    @pjbear2005
  • @DoctorFro
    Are you going to join?
  • I DONT' know I might I am trying to limit my contest entries
  • @DoctorFro it doesn’t need to be equipped to her, it’s just her signature
  • @pjbear2005 okay that makes more sense regardless I still don't think the application of "historic" makes any sense.
  • @DoctorFro because it's supposed to be a family heirloom and it has historic value, if equipped to a non-historic creature it makes it historic and something like Curator's Ward would have an effect on it.
  • imageimage

Though her family wasn't prominent by any means, it was a rite of passage in the family line that when a child came to be of age, they'd compete in the land's next tournament. Inori came to be of age shortly after the previous one had concluded, which meant she had plenty of time to train.

Inori focused on discipline above all else during her time spent preparing, and on maintaining a sharp spirit, as well as a sharp blade. When the time came for the next tournament, she set off with the same weapon each person before her had used, despite the fact all the others had also failed. The family all called it a good luck charm, and she was going to need all the luck she could get.

(Yes, the weapon's name is ripped straight from Under Night In-Birth.)
  • Ok, so 2/16 people.
    (This is a better bump)
  • @Bowler218

Here's a character:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/telso-spiritcaller

--1--

Telso's Grandmother had almost told him to always uphold tradition, no matter what the cost. He had grown up in the province of Zekron, constantly prosecuted for their lifestyle.

He belonged to the Clan Grimcsheg. He was raised in his clan, and was part of it. He was trained to be the village shaman. Trained to call the spirits of his ancestors.

He was about to face more than he could dream of. Telso's took a deep breath and took a step forward.
  • edited February 2019
    3/16
    don't forget to post a support card
  • If I make one tonight I will join are old cards allowed
  • If it fits!
  • edited February 2019
    image image

Story later.
  • bump
    4/16 people!
  • Bump
    Also, if everyone wants too, I'll allow everyone to make two characters max, but they won't be in the same pair (probably, I have a list I'm going to follow to put people together) and they must be different from different places with different stories and all that stuff.
    If you have any questions, you can always contact me here, PM me, or ask on the wall.
  • imageimage
    Izalan is the son of the folk hero, Toron. his village was besieged by Phyrexians and he was the only survivor. He took his father's magic sword from the reckage, and they hitched a ride with a friendly green planeswalker called Niana, who took them to Ravnica. On Ravnica, Izalan joined the Conclave and kept Tenosenos in his possesion. but now, with the recent trouble on Ravnica, he met with Niana again and left to seek his fortune on other planes.
  • edited March 2019
    Bump
    4/16 entries!

Aellia has trained her entire life to compete in the arena for the title of champion. But not for the glory, and not for the fame. Aellia's father was murdered by Gareth Dane, a high-level contestant, when she was just a girl, and she wants her shot at vengeance. If she can climb the champion's ladder high enough, she can face Dane, and kill him in honorable combat, justice for her father. Aellia is skilled in a unique form of magic that allows her to alter the form of projectiles she lets loose from her bow. There are different arrows for different situations, and Aellia has them all. She always carries in her left boot a single arrow, unaltered, that is dipped in nightshade venom and etched with a name - Dane. Aellia is one Elf that no sane person should want to cross.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/3/2/1551585795895468.png
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/3/2/1551587317014060.png
    Theo had been going to a remote magical academy where he had found a particular fondness for alchemy and brewing. All was going well, until a dragon showed up and razed the place.
    Well, that's what he tells people.
    In reality, Theo was expelled from the academy following an incident involving a professor's corpse and various illicit chemicals. Please, don't ask. Ever since then, he's been freelancing and setting up shop in various towns, always to the dismay of the local authority and infrastructure. He only joined the tournament because he's short on money-plus, he needs subjects for his new brews, and nobody's been offering.
    Theo may not have all of his marbles up there.
  • Are old cards allowed?
  • Yes, as long as it fits
  • edited March 2019

Story will be added during the next days. I think the creature is too OP. Changing to Mono Black
  • image image
    Story soon
This discussion has been closed.