Help Me Design a Card

Hey all! I have a challenge because I'm having designer's block. So, for one of my custom sets, I have a slot for a card, and I know what general art, name, and rarity it should have, but I have no idea what effect it should do.
Here's what I do know I want:
Name: Extinction Cannon
Art:
By Frank Wu
The focus should be on the cannon rather than the dinosaurs below it.
(---- This is not flavor text. This is just clarification on how to crop the art.
Rarity: Mythic Rare
Card Type: Artifact
And... that's everything I know I want for it. I want people to help me design the rest.
For this challenge, use the info I've given to make a card that I can add to the set file. Of course, your efforts are not for nothing, the winner of the challenge gets:
-Their design featured in one of my upcoming custom sets (with proper credit given, of course).
-A fav on their design, plus a fav on each of up to 10 cards.
-A follow (or an additional 5 favs if I'm already following you)
The runner-up gets:
-A fav on their design, plus a fav on each of up to 5 cards.
-A follow (or an additional 3 favs if I'm already following you)
Third place gets:
-A fav on their design, plus a fav on each of up to 3 cards.
-A follow (or an additional 2 favs if I'm already following you)
(More prices might be added if this contest gets enough interest.)

The rules:
1. Cards submitted must abide to the criteria given above.
2. Any detail I didn't specify about the card is up to you.
3. Your card can be done through any editor (MTGCS, MSE, etc.) or done in text (or drawing, or any other method that conveys your idea).
4. Editing your entry is allowed up until I call for judging.
5. You may enter up to three cards, but they all must be included in the same post. You may edit your post and add more cards over time, I just don't want extra space taken up by entries for the same person. The highest score among your cards will count when deciding prizes (e.g. If the top three cards are all by the same smith, they will only receive the first place prize and the second place price will go to the smith with the 4th best card.)
6. While not required, linking images directly to your entry is always nice, especially for the art of text cards. For help with html junk, go here: http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/809/tutorial-forum-post-coding

Judging will be based on:
1. How well balanced the card is. The design should be balanced in terms of play a single-set limited format and in an average standard format.
2. How much the mechanics of the card match the art/flavor (e.g. If the card made dinosaur tokens, that would probably make very little sense.)
3. How much this card "feels" like is belongs at the rarity I intend it to be at.
4. The wording of the card. (In terms of spelling and MTG syntax. It doesn't have to be perfect, but try to do the best you can.)

Some other info about the set that might be helpful:
Set Size: 249 Cards (Excluding Non-Wastes basics.)
Overarching Set themes:
Entering the Battlefield Matters
Colorless Matters
Set Mechanics:
Constellation
Landfall
Colorless Mana
Vehicles (as a theme, not just as an included card type ala Ixalan and Dominaria)
Displace target [object]. (Exile it. Return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control at the beginning of the next end step.)

Deadline for Submissions is April 14th

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm getting lazy with designing the set by doing this. I'm just really not sure what to make this card do. Thanks in advanced for anybody who participates!

Comments

• So basically, you want me to do your job for you?
  • @Dr_Necrofeelya

For this one card, yes. I referenced that in the last little bit of this.
  • @Dr_Necrofeelya, I couldn't have said it better myself.

@Arceus8523, come on, buddy! You're better than this... but then again your sets are exceptional, so I'd be happy to participate and potentially get my card featured in an old friend's set.
  • edited March 2019
    @Ranshi922

Yeah. This is the first time I've really hit a block in a set I'm working on. All the other cards are going fine and I have a design sitting in the set at the moment, I just feel like their has to be something more that can be done, something cooler.
  • @Arceus8523, can I have a peek at the set as it is so far? It might help. ;)
  • @Ranshi922

I'd rather leave the rest of the set a mystery for the sake of hype and fun reasons. It's got a lot of EM lore spoilers and stuff I want to hold out on before I confirm anything. If you want a bit of a scavenger hunt, there are two other cards from the set I've entered into contests here on MTGCS.
  • Heh, I'll do it
  • edited March 2019
    @Dr_Necrofeelya

I meant that stuff below the picture to be clarification for cropping it, not the flavor text XD. I've updated the original post to make that clear. Anywho, thanks for the submission!
  • edited March 2019
    Meh.
  • edited March 2019
    Landfall, colorless matters
    It said "remove three" at first, but I saw Displace mechanic, and decided to go with four. Instead I changed its cmc from 4 to 3. I don't really know how to balance it without looking at all cards in the set.
  • edited March 2019
    @Tomigon, how do you know about Displace?
  • edited March 2019
    @Arceus8523, what do you think? You always did like enchantments and enchantment creatures.
    Anyway, the flavor is malleable, in that you can change it if you like. I just would like the tone to remain consistent.
  • @Ranshi922
    I got a super ability... I can read!
  • Oh... I didn't see that there... I wish I had the ability to read. Somebody usually has to read to me. XD
  • @bnew07, 3 versions, really?
  • @Ranshi922 yeah, you can post up to 3 according to the contest rules
  • Yeah, I saw that after I made the comment. (Per usual)
  • @Ranshi922
    I think that card is a little overpowered, not because it's fast, but because it also destroys all of their lands. Is that the idea?
  • edited March 2019
    Yes, but it does require playing 10 enchantments after already getting it. That takes a while. If nobody destroys it with that much of a prolonged warning, then... they deserve the loss.

The thing enters pretty much in the 3rd turn at earliest, so that means that it could be anywhere from 3 turns (assuming they have all one drop enchantments and get another land each turn), to 10 turns, should they play one enchantment each turn.
  • True, but especially in other formats that arn't standard, that card could be broken.
  • It is a good card though, don't get me wrong
  • Thanks, but being that it could be broken should you have proliferate, or in certain formats, then it would likely be banned in a format or two, or should it have been a real card, just really expensive.
  • edited March 2019

This is basically an evolved version of Razortip Whip. I'm really hoping this is recieved well. Before anyone says anything, Razortip Whip also can deal 1 damage to a planeswalker, I just put the literal word 'planeswalker' on Extinction Cannon to save any confusion. @Tomigon thank you for the help on the original version, but for my sanity I had to scrap it and start over. :) I just wanted you to know I appreciated your input.
  • edited March 2019
  • @chanstutz
    I believe the wording would be 'whenever extinction cannon deals combat damage to a player, exile three target permanents that player controls'
  • edited March 2019
    I have some phyrexian spice to add!
    Extinction Cannon
This discussion has been closed.