Faiths_Guide - Reverse Challenge

Comments

• @Faiths_Guide Nooooooo, that is not what I meant, I mean their abilities consist of them LITERALLY turning into a creature, enchantment, and sorcery, like (Until the end of your turn, [PLANES-WALKER'S NAME] becomes a N/N creature with Vigilance and "[Tap symbol]: Scry 1")
  • @EnvyReaper
    I thought you might've, but that (as far as I know) doesn't really work within the rules without extremely complex wording. It would've been too long and cluttered to fit in the planeswalker rules text.

I came up with a compromise (which I think is actually really cool), where she "vanishes" and enacts some "other card type" affect, and then returns on your next turn.

It isn't close enough to what you wanted? I'm sorry.

However, as previously stated, this restaurant reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and I'd have to ask you to make a different order or vacate the premises for the reasons above :P
  • @Faiths_Guide Actually, that sounds better :)
  • edited March 2019
    @EnvyReaper
    Awesome! I'm really glad you think so :)

@Everyone
    Please check out the last few comments on the previous page before leaving comments/requests here :)
  • Faith that doesn't work, it just links to someone with the name Everyone, look at @all
  • edited March 2019
    @EnvyReaper
    It isn't supposed to "work," it is simply to let people know when they read this discussion page that I'm addressing anyone/everyone. ;)
  • New Esha wording:
    : Esha the Blessed phases in with 4 loyalty counters on it.
    -3: Phase out Esha. You may cast target instant or sorcery card in your graveyard. If a card cast this way would be put into your graveyard, exile it instead.
    -4: Phase out Esha. You may exile target Enchantment card with converted mana cost 3 or less in your graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of it.

This way, you can't cast Instants/Sorceries for free and you're restricted on "power level" of Enchantments you can copy. It's also just more correct and easier to understand.

Thoughts, @EnvyReaper or @anyone else?
  • @Faiths_Guide
    A planeswalker based around squirrel tribal.
  • edited March 2019
    Oh boy, the Plansewalker requests are always a bit depressing. I'm not that great at designing them and the site isn't that great for publishing them.

Updated Planeswalker for @EnvyReaper:
    Big thanks to @Platypusburger for help understanding Planeswalker functionality.

Orders served thus far:
    @modnation675, @Gelectrode, @meadowsatsunshine, @Platypusburger, @Corwinnn, @Odogom, @obsidianhoax, @Cybernekit, @Brainifyer, @Jyagaimasu, @BradXmagic, @0wlb0y, @Toodz111, @Hinges, @zephramtripp, @hivelord3, @Lujikul, @zizick123, @Decaldor, @sanjaya666, @FizzyGig, @ImagineThat, @unicornsareevil13579, @brcien, @KrampisZman, @ManaChrome, @Beydin13, @NokiSkaur, @SpiritDragon, @TigerFang8, @atrus159, & @EnvyReaper.

(Some of you are regulars that always want to try something new.)

All of the orders can now be found on "The Menu."

Next Up:
    1. @KingWatherton
    Mikeus as a living or undead planeswalker.

2. @baryonyx69
    A mythic rare Dinosaur creature.

3. @TigerFang8
    Space dragon card.

4. @modnation675
    A unique card with manifest.

5. @MEGAElixer
    A Planeswalker based around squirrel tribal.

______Also, there's obviously no obligation, but I'd really appreciate feedback on any/all_____ ____previous cards designed in this discussion from those that decided to "place orders"____ ______________________________and got their order delivered!______________________________

• edited March 2019
    Here's another one with updates, @brcien:
    Thanks for help with wording, @Memoryhead.
  • Please design a single card that utilizes a combination of the 'face-down' mechanic of morph and manifest, the transform mechanic, and the Kamigawa 'flip card' mechanic. The card should be complex and confusing but technically functional within the rules. A theme of 'insanity' would be fun.
  • edited March 2019
    @Platypusburger
    Sounds cool, now all you have to do is figure out how to place that order in 10 words or less. XD

You're also asking me to dabble in this realm of complexity (which might be above my pay grade).

Finally, I'd like to request the subtraction of Kamigawa "flip card" inclusion since it is impossible to do that aesthetically on the site...

I guess the rules box would be something like:
    Name
    Rules Text
    Type Line [x/x]

Name
    Rules Text
    Type Line [x/x]

Which could be kinda cool.

My 10 word synopsis of this might be
    "An insane morphing/manifesting, Kamigawa flipping, and transforming card."
    Does the truncation meet with your approval?
  • Lol, excuse me I forgot the challenge rules. Yes, that summation works excellently.
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I know you haven't done mine, but may I make a request that's more in line with a future contest I'm hoping goes well? If so...

"Please make a card featuring a flustered character?"
  • @murkletins ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • edited March 2019
    Order up!
    An undead Mikeus planeswalker for @KingWatherton:

My continuation of the Mikaeus story arc:
    After Mikaeus Cecani had his heart cut out with a letter opener at the hands of Geralf, his body was entombed unceremoniously by order of Bishop Alwin so as not to destroy what little faith was left in the hearts of the citizenry. Liliana stole from his remains the right to Blessed Sleep, raising him as one of her terrible zombie minions to tragically wreak havoc on everything he'd fought to protect in life.
    Time Passed and Liliana returned to Innistrad to attempt the destruction of Griselbrand. Upon her arrival she succeeded in opening the Helvault and releasing all the demons trapped there... and also Avacyn. Avacyn, after transforming the Gatstaf werewolves into wolfir, led humanity into a time of prosperity and peace which lasted roughly a year. The first step of this dramatic reversal was the eradication of Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, an as yet terrifying and deadly foe. The eradication, however, didn't go as expected. In a glaring burst of white and shimmering light Mikaeus vanished, presumably gone forever.
    Mikaeus was instantly transported to an unknown and largely uninhabited plane, spark ignited. He'd become a zombie planeswalker. Woe betide humanity when he learns to planeswalk back to his home plane with his newfound abilities and knowledge of the most horrific spells!

[Please take it easy on me if this sounds stupid or if I made any mistakes. I made this up on the fly and all research was done while designing the card since I know nothing of MtG lore. Anyway, I liked it...]

Orders served thus far:
    @modnation675, @Gelectrode, @meadowsatsunshine, @Platypusburger, @Corwinnn, @Odogom, @obsidianhoax, @Cybernekit, @Brainifyer, @Jyagaimasu, @BradXmagic, @0wlb0y, @Toodz111, @Hinges, @zephramtripp, @hivelord3, @Lujikul, @zizick123, @Decaldor, @sanjaya666, @FizzyGig, @ImagineThat, @unicornsareevil13579, @brcien, @KrampisZman, @ManaChrome, @Beydin13, @NokiSkaur, @SpiritDragon, @TigerFang8, @atrus159, @EnvyReaper, & @KingWatherton.

Every order can be found on "The Menu."

Next Up:
    Table 1. @baryonyx69
    A mythic rare Dinosaur creature.

Table 2. @TigerFang8
    Space dragon card.

Table 3. @modnation675
    A flustered character card. (With a unique card using manifest for dessert.)

Table 4. @MEGAElixer

Table 5. @Platypusburger
    An insane morphing/manifesting, Kamigawa flipping, and transforming card.

Seems strange that you all prefer to eat alone. Well, I can't complain, at least you're patient.

______Also, there's obviously no obligation, but I'd really appreciate feedback on any/all_____ ____previous cards designed in this discussion from those that decided to "place orders"____ ______________________________and got their order delivered!______________________________

P.S. @Platypusburger, I've been working on editing a couple of art pieces for the "Kamigawa flip" element of your card (which I've partially designed--or at least thought--out).
  • @Faiths_Guide
    I'd like the fluster character first, if that's okay.
  • @murkletins
    The customer is always right!
  • edited March 2019
    Order up!

Mythic Dino for @baryonyx69:

Well, there was a white mythic Dinosaur Tyrant and a green mythic Dinosaur Tyrant in Ixalan block (which cost {3}{w}{w} and {4}{g}{g} respectively) so here is the red one we were all missing!

Next Up:
    Table 1. @TigerFang8
    Space dragon card.

Table 2. @modnation675

Table 3. @MEGAElixer

Table 4. @Platypusburger
  • edited March 2019
    Order up!

Space Dragon for @TigerFang8 :

Wake has many definitions, all of which are applicable. The period in "battle.field" is to help the site along with text formatting (it has issues with big words).

Next Up:
    Table 1. @modnation675

Table 2. @MEGAElixer

Table 3. @Platypusburger

(I'm working quickly so I can get to serve that last table!)
  • edited March 2019
    @Faiths_Guide I want you to make a Rezatta themed card
    (Look in Ningyounk's Rezatta: Vision Design discussion, there are a ton of really cool custom keywords that bring awesome functionality, they even have an awesome mechanic called Psyllian life)
  • edited March 2019
    Table 4. @EnvyReaper
    A Rezatta card using Psylian life.

(I'll try to think up something I haven't already done since I've been involved in Rezatta since it started.
    I came up with the name for the Plane, designed the set symbol, and have helped with mechanics/designs etc.)
  • @Faiths_Guide holy crap, uhh maybe do something with Psyllian life that is cool then?
  • edited March 2019
    @EnvyReaper
    That's what I've got you down for, medium-rare, please have a seat.

P.S. I'll have fun designing a psylian life Rezatta card, just thought I'd fill you in on my past with the set. By the way, if you do some sleuthing, you'll run across some of my previous designs for the plane.
  • A card for yourself using a mechanic you've never used.
  • edited March 2019
    @Suicidal_Deity
    Welcome, would this corner booth be alright for you? Please don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a guy prone to mumbling and I wouldn't want the other patrons disturbed. You know, bad for business.
    So, what'll it be? Oh, ah-hah, really? That's never been ordered before, though I guess by now I shouldn't ever be surprised. Well, make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back.

Next Up:
    Table 1. @modnation675

Table 2. @MEGAElixer

Table 3. @Platypusburger

Table 4. @Suicidal_Deity
    A personal card featuring a mechanic I've never used before.
  • edited March 2019
    Order up!

A flustered character for @murkletins / @modnation675:

It was also submitted to both of these contests, check 'em out!
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4275/murkletins-reverse-challenge-1-week-duration#latest
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4273/am-i-flustered-maybe-contest#latest

Orders served thus far:
    @modnation675, @Gelectrode, @meadowsatsunshine, @Platypusburger, @Corwinnn, @Odogom, @obsidianhoax, @Cybernekit, @Brainifyer, @Jyagaimasu, @BradXmagic, @0wlb0y, @Toodz111, @Hinges, @zephramtripp, @hivelord3, @Lujikul, @zizick123, @Decaldor, @sanjaya666, @FizzyGig, @ImagineThat, @unicornsareevil13579, @brcien, @KrampisZman, @ManaChrome, @Beydin13, @NokiSkaur, @SpiritDragon, @TigerFang8, @atrus159, @EnvyReaper, @KingWatherton, & @baryonyx69.

Every order can be found on "The Menu."

Next Up:
    Table 1. @MEGAElixer

Table 2. @Platypusburger

Table 3. @Suicidal_Deity
    A personal card featuring a mechanic I've never used before.

Table 4. @modnation675
    A unique card using manifest (for dessert).

• A fair assumption, and quite astute as well. Though I must confess I do not know if the desire to be spared an audience or companionship would be remarked as for my sake or for theirs, ha ha.

Thank you and I eagerly await your concoction with bated breath.
  • edited March 2019
    @Suicidal_Deity
    In this line of work, being astute is a byproduct and not a virtue. I've served all kinds, and, with said service, I've accumulated vast quantities of insight--if such a thing could be quantified at all. Sometimes the insight is derived from the intelligence of the guest and other times from the difficulty of interpreting a less than intellectual order.

Just between you and I, friend, I think it's for everyone's sake, but especially mine.

I sincerely trust, and pray, that the concoction exceeds your expectations. Oh, and, no need to beat on the table ;)