War of the Spark Speculation

Comments

• O, captain, my captain.
    ;)
  • edited March 2019
    DElet3D
  • @pjbear

I'm pretty sure we knew 90% of that already.
  • @Arceus8523 Yes but it's giving us the new character.
  • WHO HERE IS HYPE FOR DAVRIEL CANE!?!?!?!?!?

I also called it way back in HOU that the Eternals would be on Ravnica. The Ravnica part was a wild guess, but it is happening!!!
  • I already have an idea as to how they're going to put in his magic "borrowing" ability. A -X that lets another planeswalker's ability happen, where X is the devotion change thing. Not quite sure about the phraseology, but it makes sense.
  • edited March 2019
    @Ranshi922 Is it just me or Davriel looks like Freddie Mercury?

Yup, it's necromancer Freddie Mercury. His voice is too fabulous that people would awaken from their grave only to attend his concert.

11/10 too frickin fabulous.
  • Just a bit.
  • I wish they do some "recent sparked" planeswalker like they did on Origins, but, with two abilities and on the rare slot, like this:

CREATURE:

FLIP:
  • @pjbear2005

I read all of that info on the MTG wiki a while ago.
  • Ugin? Uginnnnnnn!
  • Limited will be terrible since every pack will have a planeswalker, even if there's a ton of planeswalker hate at common/uncommon.
  • I thought that the every pack thing had to do with the mythic edition.
  • There are multiple theories being thrown out there. I just wish Sorin wasn't stuck in a rock lol. But at least he's safe (unless some weird twist in the story plot happens to free Sorin!)

Very unlikely Garruk will make an appearance, but this would definitely get his attention with so many planeswalkers in one place!

I'm willing to bet Tezzeret won't survive. He has too many important artifacts for Nicol Bolas. He's definitely in danger of dying.

Vraska might go out in a blaze of glory too, unfortunately. I dont want to see her die, but I think this ties into her story with Jace.

Oh yeah, magic the gathering's poster boy/mascot, their own "Mario" of sorts, you know, Jace? Yeah... It's a safe bet he will survive.

Liliana and Ugin will be the most interesting. Tibalt isgoing to be involved too. Hey, hemight get a better card!

If your a edh/commander player, The Chain Veil should be high on your wish list if you don't already own it, and plan to incorporate cards coming in this new set. I would also get Contagion Clasp/Engine as well!
  • I'm hoping Davriel gets more attention after this as well.
  • Mark Rosewater stated that there will be 11 main planeswalker characters in War and we know 9 of them very well already
  • One of them is the shield mage new guy.
  • There is also Aminatou
  • Aminatou did not appear to be among the stained glass planeswalkers, so her presence will be unlikely.
  • Aminatou will not be in the set, there has been zero mention of her.

Garruk will not be in the set. MaRo said Garruk will be in a set in the near future but not War of the Spark.

They said doing more flip (DFC) creature-to-planeswalker cards was inevitable but it will not happen in this set.
  • but Aminatou has to be one of the most possibly threatening planeswalker of all, she can see into the future, AND change it, that is how she got her spark in the first place, she just changed the event that gave her spark and made it earlier
  • And she's not gonna be in the set for precisely that reason, I imagine. She's too... I almost wanna say excessively powerful, and I kinda hope she's never in a standard set. Besides if she was in War of the Spark, it'd 100% be Aminatou ex-machina, which is also boring.
  • "As a former little girl, I'm a firm believer in presenting them accurately—as unapologetic cosmic beings of immense metaphysical power."
    --Alison Luhrs, Author of Aminatou's lore article.

Yeah... I'm just going to leave this one out here.
  • Aminatou's feats are entirely informed, not demonstrated. She wasn't left out of War of the Spark because she's 'too powerful', it's because they came up with her too recently and didn't have a place for her in the story.
  • What if nobody dies and Bolas wins instead?
  • @Lujikul Seeing the future doesn't mean you win automatically.

Take an example of Dr. Strange in the Infinity War.
  • I am thinking that there is a chance that there will be another mending level event. Perhaps something to do with time. If so that would make sense as to why Serra is being included in Modern Horizons. Or maybe I have a complete lack of understanding of the lore.
  • Serra's inclusion in Modern Horizons has no lore implications. The set is (effectively) a Masters set. It has no lore attached to it and is designed solely for play.

Serra is currently dead in the lore.
This discussion has been closed.