My Art, Your Cards (Contest, Win Custom Art!) Week 1

Comments

• @Ranshi922 I get it. I usually try to make shorter flavor text or no flavor text if it collides with the rare symbol at the bottom of the screen. But sometimes a cardsmith really wants the flavor text they thought up for the card.
  • @SmallJem not to rush you but this isfun. I cant wait for the next art to drop and make more cards for ya! :)
  • edited March 2019
    Here is my entry, hope you enjoy it!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gaea-architect-of-nature-1
    Edit: Sorry, I dont know how to post in picture form. Link is to my entry, thanks.
  • @sorinjace, as evidenced by Daphne, I could care less about short flavor.
  • edited March 2019
    @Ranshi922 you can't have your cake and eat it too, have you ever heard that statement before? Sometimes you don't need long drawn out flavor text.

* Regular flavor text = Possible run in with rare symbol on rare or mythic rare cards

* Short flavor text = No run in with rare symbol on rare or mythic rare cards
  • @sorinjace, it’s called having two cakes.
  • edited March 2019
    @Ranshi922 I don't mind small flavor text just as much as lengthy flavor text is my point. If its necessary, its necessary. Btw you should check out @murkletins new public request challenge contest. Sorry for the plug! :)
  • @sorinjace, I am not saying that either length is bad. My extremely drawn out flavor makes sense for my card being that it is quoting an epic poem from which this whole shabazz is derived.
  • edited March 2019
    Here.

• edited March 2019
    @Ranshi922, I wasn't referring to that. I simply was saying that sometimes the longer flavor text truly isn't necessary, and feels forced because of the amount of space available on a card. I will stress again the word SOMETIMES.

btw @sanjaya666 nice planeswalker
  • I don’t think anybody is saying that it’s necessary. You also know how bad I am at communicating... T-T
    The point just seemed unnecessary if you weren’t.
  • Contest will be closed in 2 hours! Just so everyone knows!
  • And I don’t have time to adequately brainstorm...
  • The contest is closed for judging! Thanks everyone for your fantastic content! Same time next week for those who missed it
  • I see that this is closed for voting, but I just saw this today, and will be making a card for it. It'll be posted within the next hour.
  • Bonam Fortunam Vobis!
  • edited March 2019
    Hello @Smalljem - Here are my cards. It is a transforming card using both pieces of art. Elwyn is an elf of the forest who loves the forest above all others, up and to the point where she ceases to be an elf, and becomes an avatar of the forest and tool of its expansion and desire for growth... no matter the cost.

image image
  • I am pretty sure that there's no voting, and it is still ineligible.
  • Hope I'm not too late!

imageimage
  • edited March 2019
    RayearthIX: 4 hours and 16 minutes after closing.

Arceus8523: 4 hours, 41 minutes.

Sorry if it looks like I’m against the entries counting, I’m somewhat insecure about some of my cards and Arceus’s cards threaten my chances further.
  • @Ranshi922

I was at school when the two hour warning went off and there was no deadline (at least that I saw).

Besides, your entry is super solid and creative! I think you have nothing to worry about.
  • @Ranshi922

Genuine. I love the concept of a creature dying into a land.
  • Well, I literally just threw the story into an interpretation. You might as well credit Ovid with it... XD
  • @Ranshi922

It's still a great mechanical representation of the story. Very unique! Don't have such a low opinion of yourself.
  • If only 'twer that easy. I know I have sometimes unrealistically low opinions about myself and things I do. It's sometimes hard to sort between reasonable ones and others.
  • @Ranshi922 - I haven't been on the site in a couple weeks and saw one of the other cards by someone I follow was linked to this contest. I immediately made a card and posted it (took me about 45 minutes to make the cards and post them - the time between my first post and the cards being posted). I know I might not win anything, but I liked the art and had the idea for a transform card with them, so I made it.
  • Hey not too worried about late entries. Of course it was on the final day and I am aware time zones are different I'll reconsider how to do the "final call" next time
This discussion has been closed.