Mystery Box Challenges (Substitute)

Comments

• @EnvyReaper I am going to help you out with your contest, but this shouldn't be a "substitute mystery box contest" out of respect for @jpastor. I don't think he would mind at all, but until we know for sure, this should be a contest all it's own, and mystery box should be left to it's own devices. Therefor, the boxes should be left alone, and you should develop your own premade challenges. We don't know what went on behind the scenes of mystery box challenges except @jpastor. That is his baby, his show, so we need to respect that. I would highly recommend you rename this something else, but give credit where it is due, and make sure everyone knows it was directly influenced by Mystery Box Challenges. That is what I did with Creature Feature, except Creature Feature went it's own route and it became different from Mystery Box Challenges. (BTW thank you to everyone who goes to Creature Feature and keeps it alive. It means a lot, and Creature Feature is very much alive and well!! It is paced at the pace of the cardsmiths participation.)

For respect towards the top dog judge around here, @jpastor, I won't be asking for a mystery box challenge on this thread. No disrespect. However, if you do happen to go the extra mile and shake things up and change this contest to an original idea much like mystery box challenges, than you will of course have my full support. But make sure to give credit where it is due @EnvyReaper. :) You got the right mindset, but lets do this right. Of course, I could be way wrong, @jpastor shows up, says its completely cool, he gives you his blessings, then goes on his own way for what life has in store for him, Idk, but until you know, you won't really know, and that is why we need this to be a fresh start. Besides, it will be less messy and complicated for the boxes.
  • @EnvyReaper

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/elhorn-who-isnt-elhorn

Honestly I don't know either. Also, can I have another box?
  • edited March 2019
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Rewards:
    @Mantis17 - 67
    2 Faves and an ORDER TICKET
    Order Tickets are exchanged for me doing anything you wish, whether it is for me to create a symbol or visit a forum

@ElMagici - 68
    Aryanf's Hugs: 3 Faves of mine and 2 faves for you to tell me to give to other people

@pstmdrn - 48
    OMEGALUL (You can send me to troll someone's wall with OMEGALUL)
  • You spelled whether wrong.
  • Alright guys in order to stop sorin from shaming me (lol), I will be rebranding this thread, sadly that means scrapping jpastor's list, hold on as I will not be accepting anymore mystery box requests, anyone who still has a mystery box may complete it and redeem the prize
  • Ya know what, I’m just tired...
  • Here is a creature that does something when attacked.

• @pakashara
    OMEGALUL Ticket and ORDER Ticket
  • Alright everyone, introducing a new game, Mystery Slots!
    Read on the first page for the rules
  • @sorinjace
    But you copied Mechanix challenge right in front of our noses lol.
    Personally, I think it's ok to copy the original challenge.
  • @EnvyReaper & @sorinjace
    I have to agree with @Tomigon. If no one was allowed to copy challenges, we'd only have a handful of challenges that would never be allowed to close. I do like the change @EnvyReaper made... but as long as we change the name and pay homage to the original we're copying, then having more challenges can be exciting and fun for everyone. (plus, you can't copy a challenge and chastise someone else for doing the same thing!)
  • edited March 2019
    @Tomigon @Corwinnn it wasnt 100% copied. It was not following a keyword-type theme. The theme was that it was based on the mechanix challenges and favorite or less known keywords that caught my attention. What Envy did was a straight exact duplicate to what the mystery box challenge was. All i was saying was that it should have some differences to it and a different name. (We dont know if those boxes have specific items in them.) I think the new approach will be fun and it pays homage to @jpastor. Plus, he isnt done, he's just not present for now. He's very busy I imagine. :)

Sorry if i did, i didnt mean to chastise you @EnvyReaper. I just wanted to see you do more with your contest, which you have! :)
  • LoL @sorinjace - I didn't see the first incarnation, but I do like the variation that was made... seems fun!
  • I gave @EnvyReaper some pointers but he is the true originator of the ideas, I was only trying to help show him the direction he should take the contest so it wont be so confusing. It still has rules to be updated, but I have faith @EnvyReaper will make this contest an exciting one! I'm so stoked!
  • yeah but I don't think it is easy being kind of a blank on the cardsmith scene
  • Well anyways everyone who just POPPED into this, I would like you to take a seat, and do the Mystery Slots
  • Alright guys, now I have something done
  • I am going to create a new rewards list, so people can do both mystery games and mystery boxes
  • @EnvyReaper Describe Boxy. Are you just asking me to make a card with a lot of tex?
  • @S1A_L8R, nooooooooo, read the rules on pg.1
  • edited March 2019
    Create a card that sets a timer when cast. It turns out that making something that uses cast triggers, isn't an Eldrazi and fits into its flavour is actually really hard.

@EnvyReaper This new system's giving me flashbacks to Mario Sunshine's pachinko. In a good way, though.
  • Can i has a box?
  • I'll take a box
  • edited March 2019
    @EnvyReaper, a charm card. If this is still going on, gimme sum moar !
  • Everyone, I am going to be working on a new list, so it might take a little bit for you to get your rewards after this batch of boxes!
  • edited March 2019
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

@mlg20555
    Hatred
    Create a card that hates certain colors (White, Blue, Black, Red, or Green)

@KingWatherton
    Enchantment Gone Wrong
    Create an enchantment that transforms into a Horror creature

@ASubtleGhost
    Mana Thief
    Create a card that likes to siphon mana out of opponent’s mana pools

@pjbear2005
    Sorry I didn’t get to you!
    Eldrazi Corruption
    Create an Eldrazi card that likes to corrupt normal cards

______________________________________________________________________________________
  • @EnvyReaper I still don't get it...Ill figure somethin out for it
This discussion has been closed.