Story Arc Challenge *Big*

2»

Comments

• edited April 2019
    Bump

• edited April 2019
    Ok ok ok...

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS NOT TO MAKE IT A BUNCH OF UN-SETS?

But I managed to keep it serious, and that already feels like an accomplishment.

First Block:

BIRTHSCAPE OF DREAMS

First Set:

LANDS OF SERENITY Medium Size

The plane of Daea is an isolated one. Here, all the thoughts, intentions and dreams from all other planes take physical form (a bit like a reverse nyx). These all mix to make the 10 Totems (legendary creatures who manifest certain living things and/or ideas), coloured with all the shedges (shards + wedges). Those are:

WUB - Tehowakar, Aven Totem (An eagle)

WUR - Aspreheth, Desert Totem (A snek)

WUG - Gromlen, Scale Totem (A crocodile/turtle)

WBR - Erteigroel, Mountain Totem (A giant/cave monster)

WBG - Uldur, Forest Totem (A bear)

WRG - Vexa, Feral Totem (A cat)

UBR - Onyx, Dream Totem (An amorphous cosmic entity)

UBG - Uhthulc, Depth Totem (A giant cephallopod)

URG - Feras, Might Totem (A dragon, but not like anything we've seen before since he's a manifestation of mother nature herself)

BRG - Matra, Growth Totem (A dangerous plänt)

The ten coexist somewhat peacefully, but skirmishes happen, and tensions are high.

Second Set:

LANDS OF DISCORD Medium Size

Suddenly, skype is exterminated by the greatest chatting service, discord

This set takes place a good amount of time after. The great totems have commited to all-out war, and the plane is thrust into chaos. This is caused by the W.O.B. (War On Bolas) taking a sharper turn, echoing in war across this plane of manifestatio. Everything is at war with everything. Gromlen, Tehowakar and Aspreheth try to negotiate a peace treaty, but the problem is that they all hate each other. The entire plane will end up ravaged by Onyx, who will then quietly disappear because of disturbances in the Nyx of Theros (the actual Nyx this time).

What happens now? I tell you what...

Second Block:

THE TWISTING PATH

First Set:

GATES OF IVORY Big Size

We return to Daea as the land is completely razed and a power vacuum is created, allowing for brave new manifestations. These manifestations, corellating to when the guilds of ravnica set takes place, became the

10 GUILDS OF DAEA!

These were,

Siuroza Cult, A conglomeration of chaotic sphynxes and creatures who have given themselve wings with dark magic to wreack havoc

Rimid Legion, Lawful vampires serving as the plane's righteous battalion

Senate of Sodkar, Supernatural creatures that believe in order so much it's almost like a sect

Luurg Combine, Naturally docile humans that turn berserk when given a substance called "battle spice", developed by the shamans of the guild

Aynseles Swarm, A borderline hive mind colony of dark elves and some other subjugate races thrown in the mix

Vohzro League, eXpLoSiVe gHoStS Undead, both corporeal and incorporeal, that indulge in the chaotic sciences

Tezzi Syndicate, An oligarchy of electromancers that keep their servants (of all races they can find) subdued with their mind-altering shocks

Iraglog Conclave, An underground (literally) community that grows bountiful gardens where no one can get close to them

House Sorob, Fallen angels that have set up a secret reign of terror, complete with arsenals of spies

Cimis [Pronounced Chimis] Clans, a group closely tied to the Luurg. They have taken great amounts of the battle spice, experimenting with it, to eventually create a mutagenic substance. Their manic group of leaders has forced everyone they could find to take it, by force sometimes, which resulted in their transformation into a decentralized alliance of mutants at the far reaches of the plane.

Second Set:

GATES OF HORN Small Size

A shorter than usual set, which serves as an extension of Gates of Ivory, with further exploration of the concepts, as well as slightly stronger parallels to the Guilds of Ravnica. It is mostly made to get everyone hyped for:

Third Set:

CONFLICT OF INTERESTS Big Size

Aligned chronologically with Ravnica Allegiance and/or War of the Spark (depending on what timeframe the latter takes up). The guilds begin to take sides. One side:

Senate of Sodkar,

Rimid Legion,

Iraglog Conclave,

Vohzro League and

Tezzi Syndicate

Aimed for unification of the guilds

The Other:

House Sorob,

Siuroza Cult,

Aynseles Swarm,

Luurg Combine and

Cimis Clans

Aimed to stay independent.

The Independents, unlike in Firefly, just barely won the war, but because of their unorganised nature, they couldn't obliterate the other guilds. The set ends with everyone weakened.

ALRIGHT!,

Third Block:

FORBIDDEN LORE

First Set:

HUNTER'S SUNRISE Small Size

Tamiyo (Yes, that ol' Bant eldritch investigator! I know you all missed her!) is chased across the wild reaches of Daea by an entity she reffers to as "the hunter". It will not be made immediately clear whether this is the real Tamiyo or a dreamscape version of Tamiyo. Tamiyo will be WUG, as usual, but the force fighting her will be BRG. Because they are both green, the set will boil down to the two sides competing to win nature's allegiance against the opponent.

Second Set:

MORBID SUNSET Small Size

After a brief encounter with the guilds, the hunter's shape becomes less consistent, yet Tamiyo seems to feel more and more connected to it (perhaps this is the reason she came here in the first place and is unable to planeswalk away). It all culminates as she sees the hunter's minions take the shapes of kami and eldrazi. She realises that the hunter gains strength through her own knowledge and the horrifying things she has seen. She sacrifices herself in order to kill the entity, but it escapes with the small sliver of knowledge it has aquired while studying Daea.

• edited April 2019
    Fourth Block:

WAR OF MIRRORS

First Set:

SIGNS AND SIGILS Small Size

The hunter, having slightly regained strength after "Morbid Sunset", starts to try and conquer The Empire, which was founded when the Senate of Sodkar slowly conquered the surrounding guilds (they never defeated the Sorob, and they are still a major problem for the growing nation). The most notable way the hunter marks is territory is with the Hunter's Sigil. This is the story of a group called The Lodge, who tries to stop the expanse of the enemy without alerting the public.

Second Set:

COMMON HEROES Medium Size

The Lodge decide to risk coming out to the public, and surprisingly, the people believe them. The name is philosophical, in that common people are trying to combat evil, but also gameplay related, since it shall have many common legendaries. Inspired by this, a commoner called Ejid (whose gender will be kept a secret by avoiding pronouns and never showing his/her face) ignites a spark, and sets out across the universe to bring back the greatest heroes of the multiverse.

Third Set:

MIRRORCLASH Big Size

Ejid brings back five great planeswalkers, and YAY! It's not the gatewatch, those valour hogs!

*PLEASE STAND BY BEEP*

Well, Chandra, Liliana, and Jace are back, but not Nissa or Gideon, those valour hogs! We're instead going to have Ajani Goldmane (That big ol' cat!) and Freyalise! What fun!

It is going to be extremely fun, in that wa shall have 5 Ejid planeswalker cards, each a different colour, in which she takes inspiration from each of the Daewatch.

Fifth Block:

EXILED OUTWARD

First Set:

NEW GUIDANCE Medium Size

We find ourselves on Shandalar!

THAT'S RIGHT! SHANDALAR! I DON'T CARE THAT THE MTG WIKI SAYS IT'S UNLIKELY IT WILL BE THE SETTING OF A SET, I LOVE SHANDALAR, AND I WANT SHANDALAR TO COME BA

*deep breath*

Sorry for my outburst there. As I was saying, we find ourselves on Shandalar. We follow a planeswalker called Hannah, who can't stay long in new worlds she finds because of a curse on her she inexplicably knows the name of: the Chain Veil. She remembers nothing of her past, except that she isn't the first cursed by the Chain Veil, but it has had very different effects on her than the other victims. She is just surviving in the plane's wild, wild nature, when she finds a village of people who lack powerful magic that are also just trying to endure their savage surroundings, so she joins it, and quickly rises to the top.

Second, and final set:

FUTURE HOPES Small Size

Hannah has now built a society of sorcerers, and is on her deathbed. She has had a revelation about her past, that terrified her to the core. She used to be such a great evil force, that it took the six greatest mages of all time to seal her away to this world called Shandalar, and curse her with the chain mail so she would never leave. The shock is too much to bear, and she passes away, but not before leaving a son, who is also a planeswalker, but he isn't cursed with the Chain Mail so he is free to leave. He winds up on Rabiah Kamigawa Alara, anf hikinks ensues as he explores this world so similar, yet so different from his own.

THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! CARDS COMING ALONG!
  • @HeroKP After cards are made, I would like to propose making this arc an actual thing. We can get a group and start designing the sets more than they already are.
  • @pjbear2005 If / when that actually happens, can you poke me if I don't seem to notice? It might be the peer pressure I need to get back into (semi) serious artwork and if I do that then I can contribute artwork.
  • @pjbear2005

I am honoured, and thrilled
  • @HeroKP Damn you and your ability to have great storytelling while going on tangents and making jokes! And you’re ability to make a set in which it’s possible to find art for...
  • @Netherin5 Why, thank you! I had a lot of time to kill at the school library
  • edited April 2019
    First Block: Dumaran's Beginnings
    The plane of Dumaran is in a state of turmoil, the early nations, six in total, are currently gripping at each other's throats, all though not all of them are at war with each other.

The plane consists of two main continents, Erostat and Orostat, with No Man's Island next to Orostat.

1/2 Block - Rejection of Faith

The Feldish - (Green\White\Blue) - Celebrators of the gods of old, they speak to the trees for guidance

The Corizians - (Red\Green\White) - Although they are connected deeply to Feldish culture, they are a different entity, instead of praising the trees, they look to the ancient dragons instead

//The Protectorate//
    The Durnish - (White\Blue)
    The Morians - (White\Black)
    Both seeing the potential threat of the Lordship of Feld, Durnum and Moria have drafted an alliance in order to stop the Feld if they show any aggression.

First Set - Feldish Aggression - Small imageimageimageimage
    After the Corizian maiden Sarencia refused to marry Lothar of Feld in the presence of the Elder Gods, he vows to end the Corizian race for disgracing them.

One Buy a Box Promo - (Sarencia, Maiden of Corrizan)
    One Planeswalker OR Legendary Creature - (Sarencia, Maiden of Corrizan)
    One Legendary Creature Deck Search Card - (Dragon Envoy)

imageimage
    Second Set - The Corizian Exile - Medium imageimageimageimage
    The Corizians have given up on the Feldish gods of old, and thus have been exiled, in order to ensure the survival of his culture, Calthar the Survivor must convince the Protectorate's Alliance to let them pass through the two-way strait.

Third Set - The Final Stand - Big imageimageimageimage
    Now that the Corizians are safe past the two-way strait, the Protectorate's Alliance is prepared to defend the two-way strait from the Feldish.
  • @pjbear2005
    Why not @Hergusbergus's arc? It seems good
  • @pjbear2005

So should we start on that set about now?
  • @pjbear2005

I assume nobody is going to get that reward now
This discussion has been closed.