Tournament of Champions 2 Rematch (The game has begun)

Comments

• @kandra127 - Sure thing!

@Everyone - I would like to remind you to send me your champion's signature card via p.m, if that would be possible and if it even has one. It would help me to come up with the course of your matches and also grant some additional chances for your victory (depending on how well the card is made and how it suits your character).
  • edited April 2019
    @Faiths_Guide - It's on my personal list now, alongside with Dostran's signature. Thanks!

On match 1, I wasn't sure if @HeroKP's champion, Bab Yagara, used Treesome Hive or Hearty Ol' Berry Juice as signature card. To avoid such confusion in the future, I want everyone to send their champion's signature card to me, so I can write them down.
  • edited April 2019
    The trio sat down to eat. All of them had a great appetite today. Today they met in Tai’s room. It was way too oversized for the tiny Faerie, but it was somehow really messy. There were books and scrolls scattered on the floor that Tai had borrowed from the library. Like usual, instead of turning on the gas, Pele let a small fireball shoot out of her hand and light the burner. Tai got out ingredients: Eggs, Tomato, and Cheese. They were making omelettes today. Sylva was a surprisingly good cook. Even with the few ingredients, Sylva made amazing food. There was a small one for Tai, and two large ones for Sylva and Pele.

“So,” Pele said, “You’ve been going to the library recently. What’s that all about?”

“It’s nothing,” Tai said curtly as she used her foot to close one of the scrolls.

“Never mind about that. Sylva’s match is next, isn’t it?” Pele said before taking another bite of the omelette.

“Yeah,” Sylva responded, “I’m a bit nervous.”

“But you’ll do great,” Tai said happily again.

“Yeah, I agree,” Pele chimed in.

“I guess...” Sylva trailed off. Suddenly she looked at the door.

“What is it?” Tai asked.

There was a small knock. Pele put out the fire on the stove and opened the door nervously. An angel stood outside the door. She held a sword and had blonde hair and a blue dress. She had large wings which were folded down at the moment. Tai realized something.

“You’re Onara!”

“Yes, and I watched you and the girl with the hammer train.” the angel said, “I was... inspired.”

“So?” Sylva asked.

“So I’d like to train with you.” Onara stated.

Tai loved having more contestants to train with, but her group would get awfully big. She paused for a moment and then put out her tiny palm. “You can join,” the Faerie said, “I’m Tai.”

The angel smiled.

“I’m Pele.”

“and I’m Sylva.”

Is this okay with @pjbear2005 and @pakashara

@ASubtleGhost If pjbear2005 and pakashra are okay with it, you’re in!
  • Yeah, I'm fine with it
  • So then it’s only @pakashara
  • That's fine with me. I've just been so busy recently. I've got finals next week so I'll still be here off and on. I'm writing some story for Sylva but I need the right art for a new signature card.
  • @pakashara Great! The SBAC testing is coming up for me, so I will be studying a lot too!
  • edited April 2019
    >>

It has always been sunny since Rin and the other contenders' arrival in Eternstor. Currently, she was enjoying a breakfast that was comprised of a sort of cooked and neatly cut fish on a plate using a pair of chopsticks that's been always in her possession.

The blue-painted tavern she was in was for some reasons also called as 'The Sea Dragon'

'Kinda fitting name... I guess.' She thought.

Contemplating about her life, the female ronin didn't know whether she should talk to someone else to get a friend or just keep being lonely for the entire time.

It felt like that her whole existence was a curse due to the amount of people she cared most before that were dying in the crossfire because of the Syndicate's grudge against her.

"Uh, h-hi there!" A fairly young man suddenly asked to her as she finished her meal. The said person was having a blonde hair complexion and a slightly tanned skin. His attire was composed of a slightly tattered grey tunic in contrast of her dark samurai robe along with his brown pants and black boots.

"Yes?" Answered the female swordsman as she was slightly taken aback.

"W-well, you seem kinda lonely so... uh.." The boy scratched his head and avoided her gaze.

'Please... you will only endanger your life, kid...' A thought of her dying lover some years ago flashed in Rin's mind. She tried so hard to forget about it, but she couldn't as she gazed at the boy before her.

"It's... Rin, if you want to know it." She answered with a faint smile.

"Oh, um... I'm Henry by the way. Uh, this is kinda awkward... " Remarked the young man with an awkward smile.

"So... what do you want to know then?" She asked again with a slight pause.

"W-well, can I sit here?" He pointed at the chair at the opposite of her.

"Sure."

Slowly, the young man pulled the chair and proceeded to sit.

"So... uh... you know... do you maybe need a help?"

Rin raised her left eyebrow.

"A help"?

"You know... like a servant, since you seem to be a... well an adventurer."

"Ah..." The ronin smiled again.

"But aren't you maybe too young to have such work?"

"Truth is... I'm an orphan, so no one actually cares about me anyway... heheh..." Said him as he avoided her gaze.

The ronin sighed.

'If I reject him, then it's just the same as throwing him towards the wolves. Either is a bad choice but I had to choose it anyway...'

"You do realize that this work is dangerous, right?"

"I... know..." He looked down with a hollow expression.

"But I promise I will work hard and always ob-obedient!" This time he spoke with a determined voice and clenched fists.

Rin closed her eyes for a while, then she smiled and folded her arms.

"Fine. But don't expect that I will pay you very much. And please just be stick around with me and call me out if there's a problem you can't solve."

"T-thank you very much, master!" This time he just stood up again and bowed deeply.

"So, I'll be back then, master!"

'You don't know what you're getting into, kid...' She thought solemnly as he watched him return to the back of the tavern to pack his belongings.
  • edited April 2019
    Current stats

Name: Rin Yuu

Alignment: Neutral good

Power(s) and skill(s):
    - Swordsmanship (iaido)
    - Demonic pact (through her sword) that grants enhanced strength (able to lift a boulder with ease), enhanced stamina, and inhuman speed (supersonic reflexes). Somehow also able to conjure magical illusions that look like afterimages while moving at fast speed.
    - Need to kill people while her sword beckons her (needed to devour souls or otherwise the sword would claim her soul). The intervals can be arranged by meditating to communicate with the demonic sword.

Equipment(s):
    - Yorukaze, a semi-sentient, demonic blade. Said sword could boost the strength and speed to its wielder to an unnatural level. Needed to obtain a pact with the demonic blade, otherwise it's just a regular katana.
    - A set of samurai attire (dark yukata) along with a pair of wooden sandals and a straw hat.
    - Her old traveling backpack (unusable in the arena).

Friend(s) and/or companion(s):
    - Henry, her servant. No known siblings. An orphaned boy from Eternstor. Likely lost his parents in the conflict during an invasion of demonic hordes that happened in Eternstor some times ago.
  • @Sanjaya666
    Does Yorukaze have a card yet?
  • edited April 2019
    @kandra127

Well, I'm not gonna really making too much hassle in this tournament, since I doubt that I could make it in the finale at least.

So yeah, it's kind of fruitless effort anyway. (Probably even gonna lose in this round because in the past I and the DM had a grudge towards each other. It was really a weird shite at that time.)

:))
  • @sanjaya666 - I've put it behind me, and I hope you do so as well. Every champion has a chance to make it to the finals, regardless of who made them. How great that chance is depends on the cardsmith's efforts; how well the card is designed, the amount of character influence it has, signature cards' flavor, etc.

Also, there are prizes after the end of each round for those who win their matches (favorites in general, additional prizes later on). The further your champion progresses, the more prizes you will get, and as the tournament gets closer to its end, the prizes are higher. The champion who wins the whole tournament gets all those prizes and the greatest of them all.

@pakashara - If you want, we could probably postpone Sylva's match so you can share her story and new signature card before it begins.
  • Oh that’s right I gotta do stuff for this this weekend... it gets more and more challenging bc I have to start studying for my aps in 2 weeks
  • edited April 2019
    >>

Beneath the cool evening sun, Rin and her latest known friend could be seen to have calm interactions while they were walking towards the tavern of the contenders.

"S-so, that sword is technically... possessed?" Asked a certain young man with curious gaze as he was also carrying his master's backpack along with his own and some groceries along.

"It is. Although anyone technically could obtain the pact as long as they have... the correct desire and if they could obtain a connection with the demon, at first by blood."

"Oh... do you mean... if you really want to kill someone or something, anyone could technically gain the benefit of the pact?"

Rin smiled and patted him, with her sword still held tightly in her left palm.

"You're a smart one, Henry."

Then she paused for a moment.

"So, don't you like being in the orphanage or-"

"I-I really hate that place. And all my friends have already been in better places. I-I mean with their new families." He cut her words off with a frown.

The ronin just sighed.

'But I don't know that I could also offer you a protection, kid. I don't even know how to be a good mother... but why am I doing this? Is this just because of my motherly instinct? Tch...'

"But you know that to go along with me is... no better than that."

"A-at least I'm not stuck being a... cleaning boy forever. And I-I wish I could m-meet my parents again soon anyway..."

'Kid's really having a death wish.' She thought solemnly.

Whether it was because of an instinct or not, she then just quickly walked in front of him and knelt before the distressed young man, then proceeded to grab both of his shoulders.

"Don't even think about suicide. Life is still too precious for such a young, good, and handsome person like you. And that's an order, understand?"

Taken aback by that statement, he could only tore his gaze away from his master, dropped the things he carried along, and silently wept with his eyes closed and his palms clenched tightly.

Rin said nothing and just embraced the emotionally pained young man in a hug.

Like what a mother should be done to comfort her distraught child.
  • Tai was getting nervous for Sylva, she had seen her opponent twice while walking back from training, and she looked powerful. Tai urged Sylva to train more, especially with their powerful new friend.

@ASubtleGhost @Pakashara @pjbear2005

If you want to write the next part, please do so!
  • edited April 2019
    >>

"Um, m-master, can I ask you about something?" Asked a certain blonde young man.

"Ask away then." The ronin smiled. Stargazing was alright, but if it was done together along with someone close, the feeling would be completely different. At least that was what she felt at that moment.

"Why... are you in this t-tournament anyway..."

'It is always the why anyway.' Again, that faint smile.

"I honestly don't know about it... and I don't really care whether I'm winning or not. There are these bad people who are always hunting me down, and they would never rest until I... am permanently dead."

"But t-that's horrible!" The younger person just stared at her wide eyed.

But Rin just kept watching at the silent, cloudless night sky with that unchanged expression.

"I know. That's why it's also dangerous for you to be around with me." The ronin just gently stroked his messily cut hair.

"I don't care. Y-you're the only one who is always nice to me so far, master..."

Rin just said nothing and just patted him.

"So... y-you're running away from those... bad people too?"

"That's... one part of why I am here." She returned her gaze towards the starry sky above.

"And the other part, I'm just trying to find a certain someone in this particular world. Especially around this city."

"W-who is it then, master?"

"Someone who was once my dearest sister-in-arms. Someone... who burned my home and killed my whole family."

"M-master..." Henry didn't know how to react towards that statement, so he just hung his head low instead.

"It's okay, Henry. Just remember that if you're in trouble..."

"I-I know... master. But didn't you say that we shouldn't dwell in our p-past before?"

"I did. But vengeance is what's driving me to continue the path of my existence. Especially that."

Henry couldn't say anything about it, so he just instead sat closer to his master, as Rin also encircled her right arm around his back right afterwards.

'Someday... I might have someone that I could call as family again... at least if I'm not die trying...'

The shining moon of Avelaide still hung silently, its ethereal light shone faintly along with billions of stars that dotted that peaceful night sky.
  • @ASubtleGhost @Pakashara @shadow123

Pele learned to control the darker side of her magic but grew tired because of the nightmares she had at night. Tai noticed and offered some sleeping dust but Pele refused because she realized that she could make the night her domain, and she did. Pele practiced in the sewers and would only sleep when she was too tired to dream.

Pele also picked back up skilled she learned from Jaholion and eventually learned to hold her projections for up to 10 minutes until she got burnt. She grew accustomed to pain and started building a resistance to fire, though this resulted in constantly bandaged limbs. They brought her pain in combat but she pulled through, this would help in her matches.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The angel was a surprise, Pele didn't expect her to join their group. It's always nice to have new friends though, and she might be able to get some information on the competitor. She never really thought she would interact with Onara that much, she always seemed reserved and their matches were kind of far apart. Everyone met the Onara and she fit in with group relatively quick. She had a fighting style different from everyone else's and was fun to have around.

The group had recently started getting together in the mornings to eat and talk, but most of the time they spent together was training since, especially since Sylva's match was getting closer. The 4 of them enjoyed training and got more experienced. Each of them had learned a lot since the beginning of the tournament and were ready to put it to use. They all missed Nya but realized soon that she would have left eventually and hoped they would meet again someday.
  • @pjbear2005 @ASubtleGhost @Pakashara @shadow123
    Okar will be watching you guys train every day.
    if you want to include them in anything, feel free. (you don't have to, It's just automatic permission. :D)
  • @kandra127 I'm fine with it. If everyone is too, I will write you in.
  • edited April 2019
    @kandra127 the color black isn't inherently evil and/or corrupted. Onara shouldn't mind... too much.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Faster on your feet, Pele ! Your opponent won't be as kind as me. Left ! Now !"

Onara's massive blade swung down, missing Pele by a hair's breadth as she dove to her left, cleaving in the packed earth below. The dark-haired woman prepaired an orb of dark fire in her right fist, ready to give her answer. The angel raised her hand calmly. A sign that their sparring was over. Pele breathed out noisiliy.

"Good... enough. Let's take a break", said Onara.

"How is this supposed to be training ? Kift isn't a swordsman, and you attack with this huge thing of a sword ! If anything, I should be prepared for a magical assault."

"Hah ! With that efreet, you won't know what you will be going against. He could show up either as a withered academy mage or as a twelve feet tall troll. You should be ready for anything. Besides, fireballs aren't my specialty."

"Ugh... fine, I guess. But what's with the greatsword ? I thought yours was shorter, and golden," said Pele, pointing at the blade embedded in the trampled soil.

Onara raised a metal-gloved hand, palm to the sky. The hilt of the sword shuddered, and the weapon gracefully flew to the angel's outstreched fingers. She swung it around in a fluid movement before resting it on her shoulder.

"This is Toladran. The shorter one is Irild. I like both, but this one has more reach and packs a greater punch in each swing... although it trades that for a slower arc."

"You're saying I'm slow, is that it ? ", hissed a reddening Pele.

Onara's crystaline laughter immediatly brought the tension down. "Of course not, young Pele. I simply wished to challenge myself. My two-handed play isn't as good is it used to be."

• @ASubtleGhost
    1:Yes, but many people see black that way.
    2: Her thing is all about non-white hate.
  • edited April 2019
    @kandra127 You're perfectly right. Cross her and she'll do all that is in her power to smite Okar like the foul black creature that he is. But on the flip side, she isn't really allowed to do so outside of a tournament match, and angels are all about going by the rules. Besides that, she's a reasonable person: with enough good manners, Onara and Okar should get along just nice, like the two civilized people they are.
  • BACKSTORY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLASHBACK FLASHBACK OOH AAH OOH AAH

Okar stood over the body of their friend as they melted away. Desperate to regain the companionship that they had once had, Okar grabbed on to the dying aetherborn's aether trail, and screamed as they floated along with it. They could not see what happened, but they woke up somewhere that was...definitely not Kaladesh.

Walking down from a hill, Okar entered a town. It seemed to be empty. That's when they heard a horn sounding from the rooftops. Within seconds, three enormous winged figures floated above the town.

Angels.

FLASHBACK FLASHBACK OOH AAH OOH AAH

more soon! :)
  • @kandra127 Black is about ambition and passion. It's just it is also seen as evil often
  • @kandra127 I’ll include you in some of the passages I write then!
  • edited April 2019
    Tai ran outside to the training fields with Sylva. The angel, Onara, and the pyromancer, Pele, were training. Pele shot fireballs which the angel deflected with her sword, but the powerful weapon never hit its mark. Pele was fast, and easily dodged the continuous slashes from the sword.

“I guess we better start training,” Sylva said.

Tai nodded. The dark flute hung at her side, like always. Tai reached into her pouch and pulled out red powder, the one she always opened her battle with.

“How predictable,” the Mechanic said.

Tai threw it and dissapeared as Sylva focused on tolerating the red powder. Tai hid in the branches of a tree, sprinkling red and black powder on a branch precisely and artfully. The powder had disappeared and Sylva had tolerated it with ease. There was one problem: She couldn’t find Tai. Now, Tai’s work was complete! She had made a strong wooden blade. She suddenly burst out of the leaves of the tree, catching Sylva by surprise. The Faerie slashed quickly, creating a cut on Sylva’s arm. Tai flew around Sylva in circles, carefully swooping incand slashing. Sylva now had three cuts. She suddenly remembered something: Under her hammer was a hidden dagger.

“This is it!” Tai showed while diving for the fourth time.

Sylva uncapped her hammer and countered with her magical dagger. It glowed brightly. Tai was stunned. She had forgotten about the hidden blade. Tai attacked vigorously, but all her jabs were parried by Sylva. Sylva was great with swords (and daggers for that matter), and was superior to Tai in that aspect. Even without a long blade, Sylva struck the Faerie twice before being overcome by a wave of red powder. Sylva’s blade lit up. A golden light burst from it and the powder was dispersed. Sylva launched herself at the stunned Faerie who barely managed to dodge her attack. Tai sprinkled healing powder on herself and dodged Sylva’s next attack. When Sylva attacked again, Tai didn’t dodge. She sprayed black powder all over the mechanic and was slammed by the dagger. Sylva collapsed. Tai was bleeding badly, so she dumped the rest of her powder on her wounds and went off to make more powder. She gathered the ingredients: withered Esis Root, volcanic ash, and sugar. She made more powder and sprinkled some on Sylva’s foerhead. Like magic, she sprung up.

“That was tough,” Sylva said, “I need to learn how to track my enemies.”

“Yes, you do,” Tai said, “Your opponent will be fast, but, I can help you. I have just the right training in mind.”

Onara and Pele walked over to Tai and Sylva.

“Today was a great training day,” Onara said.

“Yeah,” Pele and Tai agreed.

“I’ll need to train to beat my opponent, but I’m not about to give up!” Sylva stated.

“We’ll all help you,” the angel said as she took to the sky.

Pele walked away leaving the the two friends together. Sylva and Tai were both of their first friends.

I’ve noted everything.

“Work hard young mechanic,” a tree seemed to say, then a figure darted away.

Tai and Sylva smiled and went to their respective rooms, they had a long day of training planned tomorrow.
  • I am currently working on a story segment for Koorir. It will be posted later on Sunday because it is one, and I am not in the mood to keep typing past 3 pages right now lol
  • @pakashara

The next day, Tai faithfully helped her friend train. Tai made Sylva close her eyes and listen for Tai’s silent wingbeats in the air. It seemed impossible at first, but Sylva slowly got better.

“Close your eyes,” Tai said soothingly, “Listen to your surroundings. Attune yourself with them. Feel every slight vibration that passes through the ground. Listen for your opponent’s every move.”

Tai flew behind her and floated in the air. They had been doing this for hours now. Sylva closed her eyes and listened. Three seconds later, she identified Tai’s position and grabbed. She missed as Tai quickly moved again. This process repeated, and Sylva continued to get better.

“Let’s take a break,” Tai said, “We can continue later.”

They both walked down to meet Onara and Pele.
This discussion has been closed.