The uncertainty of it all! challenge - Round 2 (Running)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, I was feeling really excited as yesterday was my birthday. In addition, people liked my asymmetric challenge idea. So I felt motivated to share the love and start a second round of this challenge.

One thing though! This challenge will be a revamped version of the last one, in that some rules will be revised to make it more flexible and allow for more choice in your challenges.

Instructions: "This is sort of like a mystery challenge with asymmetric judging."
1) Request a challenge.
2) I'll give two challenges that best remind myself of you.
3) You'll post a card for one or both, if still interested.
4) I'll judge the card on its own challenge.
5) At the end of the challenge, I'll award the cardsmith who made the best fitting card with the main prizes.

When requesting a challenge feel free to express yourself a bit, without sharing personal information. That way I can better suit the challenge to you!

Due Date:
The due date for this contest is the 14th of May. Late entries will be accepted as long as we haven't finished judging. If you want a time extension, just post a message in the contest with how long you need that @s myself, @murkletins.

Prizes For Entering:
- If you entered a card, you'll receive 2 favorites of your own choice.
For your convenience, list your favorites in your comment or a PM.

Main Prizes:
- 1 month of premium subscription for yourself.
- 1 month of premium subscription for a friend of yours on the site.
- A follow from us.
- 3 favorites on cards of your choice on your account.

Happy smithing!

Comments

• @murkletins
    Happy belated birthday!
    I'm in
  • edited April 2019
    Oops, deleted.
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse
    I have two things for you, this time based on your card collection and your ability to see the picture behind multiple archetypes!

Challenge Theme 1: What is my command again?
    Challenge 1: Make a card that can be used as a unique commander in CMDR/EDH.

Challenge Theme 2: Who am I to question this?
    Challenge 2: Make a card that can play an opponent's card(s).
  • Happy birthday! My daughter is an April Taurus, still a little fire left over from Aries. I would like to play! I love astrology, spirituality and shamanism. Maybe those will inspire you.
  • Thank you very much! I'll get your challenges to you soon.
  • @pstmdrn
    I have two things for you, this time based on your enthusiasm behind prophecy and the coolest creature type, Shaman!

Challenge Theme 1: When the stars align, we are divine!
    Challenge 1: Create a card that symbolizes a prophecy.

Challenge Theme 2: Sham... wow!
    Challenge 2: Create a Shaman with a unique thematic ability.
  • I think I’ll take a challenge, please.
  • May I have a challenge?
  • I'd also like a challenge. I'm currently sick as hell, so I can't garuntee that my card will be created at the best speed. I love bugs and enjoy trying to make something new out of old mechanics.
  • Challenge me as well.

Also, happy birthday!
  • HaPPyBiRTHDay!!!
  • Give me a challenge that makes me think. And happy birthday!
  • edited May 2019
    Sorry for the delay everyone, I've been deciding what Commander deck to buy so I can play it in paper.

I'll try to answer as many requests by the end of the day as possible.
  • Challenge Theme 1: What is my command again?
    Challenge 1: Make a card that can be used as a unique commander in CMDR/EDH.

A creature that lets you play the bottom of your library, as long as you know what that card is. I tried forever to give it some manner of "you may play the bottom card of your library as long as you know it" but couldn't find a clean, rules-legal way to do it.
  • @Lujikul
    I have two things for you, this time based on your embrace of the absurdity and your ability to keep yourself tethered by your friends!

Challenge Theme 1: Oh my, what is this?
    Challenge 1: Create a creature card featuring a character doing something unordinary.

Challenge Theme 2: Gather up your friends!
    Challenge 2: Make a card that supports a deck a friend of yours plays.

@shadow123
    I have two things for you, this time based on your card collection and the fact that shadows lurk in the day!

Challenge Theme 1: In this world, really?
    Challenge 1: Create a card that features artwork that is out of this world.

Challenge Theme 2: You just have bad juju!
    Challenge 2: Create a creature card featuring a character facing trouble.

@Potato13
    I have two things for you, this time based on your embrace of the carnage that follows Dragons and your fondness of flying!

Challenge Theme 1: Curse that Sword!
    Challenge 1: Create card that is an interpretation of the swords of __ and __ cycle.

Challenge Theme 2: Everybody gets high, why can't I!
    Challenge 2: Create a creature card that becomes a flying creature.

@TenebrisNemo
    I have two things for you, this time based on your ability to encourage others and hold back harsh words!

Challenge Theme 1: Never put my love out on the line!
    Challenge 1: Create a card featuring a hesitant romantic.

Challenge Theme 2: Curse my name!
    Challenge 2: Create a Aura curse card that involves naming a name or choosing something.

@ArmisJoe
    I have two things for you, this time based on you being unfamiliar to some draft formats/sets and your desire to learn from something new!

Challenge Theme 1: I must investigate this further!
    Challenge 1: Create a conspiracy card or a card designed for conspiracy drafting.

Challenge Theme 2: Lyrics of madness!
    Challenge 2: Create a card themed off of a song that you haven't heard before today.
  • Can I have a challenge, please ?
  • @EmolgAn
    What is your username on the main mtgcardsmith site? I can only give tailored challenges to accounts I can find.
  • Challenge Theme 2: Lyrics of madness!
    Challenge 2: Create a card themed off of a song that you haven't heard before today.

Based on the song Started by Iggy Azalea
  • @murkletins happy belated birthday! May the force be with you!

(I'd like a challenge as well please.)
  • It's EmolgAn
  • Both challenges:

imageimage
  • May I request another challenge?

If you need some inspirations, I love math and music.
  • @murkletins

May I please have a challenge?
  • Sorry for being offline, I got abruptly sick. Now I have a cold, but I'll get right to giving the challenges.
  • @EmolgAn
    I have two things for you, this time based on your love for angelic grace and the forbidden nature behind some of your cards!

Challenge Theme 1: We have many faces!
    Challenge 1: Create a Demon creature card expressed as good or an Angel creature card expressed as bad.

Challenge Theme 2: Red herring, or was it blue!
    Challenge 2: Create a card that features summoning in the artwork and card text.

@sorinjace
    I have two things for you, this time based on your adaptability as a cardsmith and your acceptance of my absurd ideas! XD

Challenge Theme 1: I walk the heavens and lands alike!
    Challenge 1: Create an Angel, Demon or God creature card with another non-class creature type. (Class types are things like Rogue or Soldier.)

Challenge Theme 2: Formats Smormats!
    Challenge 2: Create a Commander staple that is Modern legal.

@shadow123
    I have two things for you, this time based on your enjoyment of the bright side and your use of playful artwork!

Challenge Theme 1: Look, on the bright side...
    Challenge 1: Create a card that shows a creature of the night entering the light. (Literally or metaphorically.)

Challenge Theme 2: How cute!
    Challenge 2: Create a creature card that features a playful critter that you don't have a created card of yet.

@bigbadbooknerd
    I have two things for you, this time based on your !

Challenge Theme 1: What's your fantasy?
    Challenge 1: Create a card that expresses one of your fantasies.

Challenge Theme 2: Do not dare mess with my Waifu!
    Challenge 2: Create a creature card of your favorite DnD creature type.
  • Challenge Theme 1: Never put my love out on the line!
    Challenge 1: Create a card featuring a hesitant romantic.

Entry:

It's not always wise to help unknown creatures with their dinner plans in a romantic way!

@murkletins - I would like you to favorite these two cards, please:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tapios-emissary
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/malicious-melodies
  • Challenge 1: Create a Demon creature card expressed as good or an Angel creature card expressed as bad.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/liliko-beauty-of-agony?list=user

Well, thanks for this challenge , I'm loving twisted creatue that we think bad or goog and they are all contrary.

Challenge 2 :Create a card that features summoning in the artwork and card text.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/call-for-help-from-cyni?list=user

This entry was most diificult to find an idea about it , but I like the final card , and you give more summoning cards to make.

Thanks @murkletins ! Hope you like this card !

PS: I'm french so sorry for little ( or big ) mistakes.
  • @EmolgAn
    No worries, I give leniency to typos as long as it functions. Very nice second card, despite it being challenging! :)
  • Could I have a challenge?
This discussion has been closed.