Where are y'all from?

Comments

• a) London
    b) London
    c) A few years ago
    d) Dark Confidant or Bitterblossom
    e) That blue spy card @Chairforce made that I can't remember the name of now.
    f) @TenebrisNemo, @Temurzoa, @bnew07, @Tomigon and @Beeswax
  • @Animist, are you thinking of Idea Broker?
  • @Ranshi922 - yup, that's the one!
  • @Animist, thank you! I am honored
  • London. (Canada, not England.)

Parry Sound, Ontario.

March, 2013.

Vampire Nighthawk or Diabolic Tutor.

@Corwinnn version of Murder
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/murder-1

@MrRansom
  • edited May 2019
    Where are you from : some small city in East Java
    Where do you live now : in another unremarkable city in East Java
    When did you start making cards : somewhere in January 2017
    Whats's your favorite real card : probably Sadistic Sacrament or Unmoored Ego, just for the janky fun
    What's your favorite custom card : @ASubtleGhost 's boot of doom
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/boot-elemental?list=user
    Who's your favorite card smith(s) other than you : @modnation675 and @sorinjace
  • edited May 2019
    California
    Home of the Sharks
    I think it was a Saturday
    Thief of Sanity at the moment.
    There are so many, so I'll pick one at random!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/corwinnns-favor by @Teacup
    I have a list of favorite Cardsmiths, but I have to say this site wouldn't be what it is without @Tomigon!
  • edited May 2019
    a), b) Japan
    c) 5 years ago
    d) Twitch
    e) Counterfeit Copy by @Yesterday
    f) I'll pick three at random! - @East2West @fraziel07 @Undead
  • edited May 2019
    a) Sweden
    b) Sweden
    c) Made my account the 11th of December 2016, Have been making cards for at least one year before then.
    d) Serra Angel
    e) My favorite custom card of my own is probably this one or this one.
    I don't really have any favorite custom cards made by others but the card that inspirited me most when I was new is Arrawell, The Sand Sifter by @Faiths_Guide
    f) There are so many cardsmiths that I respect, like and fave the common creations of but a favorite must be @TenebrisNemo and @Teacup.
  • edited May 2019
    Bump

@sanjaya666 i'm flattered as well!
  • edited May 2019
    I'm from [REDACTED]

I'm currently living in [REDACTED]

I started making cards in 2015, but they were really bad undertale themed cards made cause I was an ironic cringelord, then around 2017 I tried to for some reason make color themed cards, then I just shook that off and started going on this path I have taken today

My favorite real card is Daretti, Scrap Savant (Really fun commander for me, as it allows for you to recycle unwanted cards out of your hand without needing a mulligan, also artifact recycle as well)

My favorite custom card is my own, Mad-Speak Whisperer, as it represented when I fully started creating actually good cards, and this card reflects that.

My favorite cardsmiths other than me are @Tomigon, @HeroKP, @ningyounk, @Ranshi922, @sorinjace, and @murkletins, as they have been like a squad to me
  • @EnvyReaper Well, thank you!

I myself started making cards in late 2017, but I was really bad with balancing at first. Had on/off jabs at the site, never got any real recognition.
    My highlight during this period was joining the Tournament of Champions, but I never got far in that. Then, september 2018, Guilds of Ravnica dropped, and it reignited my passion for magic, which also caused me to return to this site. I even made a contest just for the lolz, about empires colonising a planet. To my surprise, unlike my previous contests, it totally blew up (It's a series now, and we're on the third season). I am now happy with the amount of recognition I am getting, and don't plan on leaving the site anytime soon.

For my favorite card, I can't give away that title to any one card, but I want to mention:

Sheoldred, the Whispering One for being the star of my first deck that was any good,

OG Jace Beleren, as I used him for my first ever mill kill and

Muldrotha, the Grave Tide for just being a really fun card to play with in general.

For my favorite custom card, I would say Exor, Sorcere King by @Vardrus, because not only did it help my colonisers series take off...

it gud card.

For my favorite card of my own, I'd say my Scarlet/Beryl/Aquamarine bird cycle (I don't care if they are a geometrical impossibility, I love them).
  • @HeroKP

You got here around the same time as me?

I thought you were one of those people like @Tomigon, @Tenebrisnemo, or @Corwinnn who has just been here forever.
  • edited May 2019
    @kandra127
    @TenebrisNemo is still a young'n.
  • Most of the people here are newer I’d say, with some very notable exceptions, but you’d never be able to tell just from cardsmithing skill.
  • @Faiths_guide

See?
    I have no idea!
  • edited May 2019
    Im from Toledo ohio.
    I live in Toledo ohio.
    My favorite card is Scour From Existence.
    My favorite custom is Slightly Dark Ritual by @sanjaya666
    My favorite cardsmith is @lostcause626
    Started making cards last year.
  • edited May 2019
    From bellaire michigan
    im in gaylord michigan
    Started using this site in august or july 2018
    one of my fav cards is Hungry Jack by @supermariowifi
    i like any cardsmith who's not afraid to make a derpy card, because why not?
    @Aryanf @sorinjace @lost9186 @Ranshi922 @StarkProctor @TemurGideon @jfoster90
    @dechujoh64 @autistic_cheeto @Death_Methods @vendair13 @Jonteman53 @Teacup
    @Corwinnn @kaym3ra @Appledirt @125RAILGUN @DaDogeyOne @Erinscards
    I may have missed a few
  • 1. Born in Atlanta
    2. Indiana (Just look up Depauw University, it’s that town)
    3. I think I started making cards August 2017 but I’m too lazy to check
    4. My fav card is Saffi Eriksdotter for my Karador deck
    5. I don’t have a favorite cardsmith card or fav cardsmith bc I’m not on here that much
    But @murtlekins has always been pretty chill, and makes good cards
  • 1. Born in the Chicago land area, Illinois/USA.
    2. I still live in this area, I mostly roam the midwest, but I occasionally go other places as I had a brief time in Texas.
    3. Oct 27, 2016 is the date on the first card I have listed. I didn't posting more till probably a year later.
    4. SilverBlade Paladin / Odric, Lunarch Marshal, I like white cards in general as those are cards I play often in commander.
  • edited May 2019
    I an from Urth, Milky Way Galaxy where I still reside.
    I started making cards... wow about a year ago now.
    Um....... Eternal Dominion (especially with Hive Mind and Eye of the Storm...)
    Idk. There are a lot of cool ones.
    I definitely do not play favorites... ever.
  • I am from Southern Indiana in the U.S. (just north of Louisville) and am still there :)
    I started making cards 7/07/2016, and stopped making cards when I got engaged.

Whats's my favorite real card??? Like one card??? Probably this:
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=265717

This is my favorite custom card:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kren-born-of-war?list=user

There was a contest involving that card to create the other side of it. Many of the other sides were down in the comments of the card. I'm sad that they're gone.

My favorite cardsmith is @KJMartin.
    I'm also a fan of @Faiths_Guide because he makes great cards, @KrampisZman because he's hilarious, @Strongbelieves and @sanjaya666 because I enjoy reading their comments. I'm pretty sure @Corwinnn is an actual squirrel. I miss @Trippleboggey3 and @Modnation675, but there are a lot of other folk not mentioned here who are pretty solid as well.

@lostcause626 thank you for the shout-out! Two of my cards made it to why mtg cardsmith. I have no shame XD
  • edited July 2019
    Where are you from: Born in Nova Scotia, lived in Wolfville early on.

Where do you live now: New England, USA

When did you start making cards: Dec 26, 2013

Whats's your favorite real card:
    Perplexing Chimera
    Animate Dead
    Disciple of Deceit
    Dimir Cutpurse
    Mirror-Mad Phantasm

What's your favorite custom card:
    Lurking Shapeshifter by @Tomigon
    Meeting of Owl and Mouse by @Suicidal_Deity

Who's your favorite card smith other than you?
    @Suidical_Deity
    @Corwinnn
    @Tomigon
    @Beeswax
    @fraziel07

• edited July 2019
    I hail from the realm of Limbo, otherwise known as the Ever-Changing Chaos. My excursion to the Material World is fortunatly temporary, as I yearn to return to my splendid master's side.

As for now, my mercurial essence infuses Nivix, the guildhall of the Izzet League and aerie of the Firemind. The majority of my substance is currently concentrated in a lower story library, which is close to Thibble of the Izmagnus's primary laboratory. Remember, I'm being approximate here.

I started creating cards in 2015. It's been a wild ride on MTGCardsmith.

My favorite real card is Young Pyromancer. I find the youth of today to be particularly inspiring.

My favorite custom card is obviously the one depicting my master, Amoeba Almighty:

I do not have a favorite cardsmith, but I greatly admire the work of @Animist, @Beeswax, @Damnation, @Faiths_Guide, and @Orzhova.
  • @MrRansom
    I built a Temur combo Commander deck around Mirror mad phantasm
  • @Death_Methods & @Temurzoa
    Thank you both for the kind words :)
  • From Washington. Still live there.

February 15, 2015. Screw me, man, that's nostalgic.

My favorite real card, is, I think, Xathrid Demon.

My favorite custom card, I do not know, but looking through my old Favorites, Suicidal Deity's He Who Bestows Terrible Gifts stood out to me.

I would say my favorite cardsmiths are Master Tomigon, Chairforce, good 'ol Maximillian Ransom, VC420, Suicidal Deity, Faith's Guide, and Paul Kauyon. God I miss that guy.

Maybe Gelectrode?

bump? necro? Don't look at me, no one closed it.
  • @CrucibleOfHate
    I miss @kauyon too. He did make a new card in June, but I didn't even notice when it happened.
  • @Faiths_Guide @CrucibleOfHate - @kauyon dropped in and said hi and made a card or two. I know he was one of @MrRansom's favorite's as well!
  • I live in the Half of the True Sky*.
    *The southern half of this big ball thing most human people live on.
    I can't remember when I started cardsmith.
    My favourite real card... I don't know, possibly Marisi, breaker of the coil, or maybe Heart-piercer Manticore (Even though I play white).
    My favourite custom card: No idea.
    I do not have a favourite cardsmith in particular.
This discussion has been closed.