Reactivation Challenge #51 - "Comanders" **Circuit Challenge**

Yoo hoo! It's that time again . . . Reactivate the forum!

"Years ago a smith created an amazing contest, then another and another. Each new contest more amazing than the last. Eventually someone made what many deemed, the greatest contest OF ALL TIME!! Countless Entries were made, so it would take months to judge... or so it seemed. The community patiently waited for an answer that would never come as it's creator vanished mysteriously without a trace from the pages of history. That user, @Gelectrode, is very, very sorry. It was then that @Tomigon joined forces with @Corwinnn and they formed The Cardwatch. This merry Band of Misfits vowed never again would this happen, and thus the Reactivation Challenge was born!"

Original contest:
http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4107/comanders#latest

Original contest rules:

"Make a commander, it can be anything,plans walker, artifact creature, creature
etc. You can only have a creature that is this type: Ox, Werewolf, Cat, Zombie,
Elemental. or if you rely want you can have a other type. Post a link or a picture"

Updated contest rules:

Make a commander for the popular format Elder Dragon Highlander. Bonus internet points for whoever makes a Ox, Cat, Zombie,
or Elemental commander. Spelling shall be of the utmost importance. Remember to credit the artist!

Other rules:
- Only new entries.
- Maximum of five entries.
- Joke cards are discouraged, but clever Unstable cards are welcome.
- Deadline is May 27th.

Prizes:
1st Place: 5 favorites + 1CP
2nd Place: 4 Favorites + 3/4 CP
3rd Place: 3 Favorites +1/2 CP
Honorable Mentions: +1/4 CP

*Reactivation Disclaimer:
1 ) An inactive challenge is chosen to be reactivated, it gets posted for new submissions with a new deadline.
2 ) The new judge cannot choose his or her own submissions as the winner.
3 ) After the winners are declared, the judge selects one participant as the next host (must be an active member).
4 ) The chosen participant chooses the next challenge that has been inactive for over 2 months. He or she hosts it as the reactivation judge.
5 ) The reactivation judge starts this process all over from step 1.
6 ) New discussion is opened for each reactivated challenge. A link to the original challenge is put there.
7 ) The alternate judge must type original judge's name after "@" to notice that his or her challenge is reactivated by the alternate judge.
8 ) The original judge has a right to take over their original challenge or to ask for it to remain open and unresolved at any time prior to a winner being declared and posted.

( ^ @NextJudge Copy this disclaimer and the Intro story to your new challenge thread.

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Dismantled.
  • edited May 2019
    (You spelled commander wrong in the thread title...)
  • @Ranshi922 That's the point, since the original was spelled wrong too
  • edited May 2019

Here's my first entry.
  • edited May 2019

Entry 2
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • Oof, the irony.
  • Excuse me while I go off myself then revive myself with necromancy.
  • Just make sure not to go to Tormod's Crypt!

Look at this dog!

But now it's a cat!
  • edited May 2019
    @Temurzoa @Corwinnn
    If the rule doesn't allow old cards, it's no longer a reactivation challenge. It's just a reboot of an old challenge with updated rules. The concept of reactivation challenge is to resolve the original challenges. Which means cards submitted to the original challenge must be judged along with new submissions. But this challenge became circuit, and "only new cards" rule is preferable for a circuit challenge. So my suggestion is to judge cards submitted to the original contest too, and if some of those cards win, circuit points aren't assigned to them. (For example, if 2nd place is an old card, and 1st, 3rd, 4th are new cards, 1st place gets 1 cp, 3rd gets 3/4 cp, 4th gets 1/2 cp.)

Anyway, here's my first submission:
  • @Tomigon - Very good and valid point! I can agree to that
  • edited May 2019
    I get a little excited for this one, legendary creature are kinda my favorite magic cards haha, so I present for you, first of all HONHARD!

Honhard, is a zombie, that broke the mental control of his master, and started to frequent the blood cult, a circle of necromancers that use life of other alive things (in this case the life of the player) to bring to life zombies! so he used his discovery to create his own horde of zombies, and started to dominate human villages and cities in his path! I hope you like my Emminence creation

now my favorite one! Ada, Nature's malice! (its art is incredible!) it is an elemental of dark magics that grown in a forest, and because of its necro-caracteristcs that
    simultaneously create and ends with life it waked Ohen, an ancient elemental, that liked this spirit created with dark magics of some forbidden witches, so him decided to keep it in watch instead of end with its existence, so they became kind of partners

the last but not the least I present you:Ohen, Nature's will the Ada's partner, I telled its basic lore in the Ada's section, but somethings that are nice to mention, he is a creation of the world for itself, the land infected with the magic of the gods and primordial lifebeings bringed it to life, that's the way its land type!

I really like to create legendary creatures and its lore, so even if I don't win or something like that I hope you enjoy this! I really liked those ones (especially Ada haha) so thanks for you time, and good luck!
  • edited May 2019
    Here.

EDIT: Ok card fixed.
  • edited May 2019
    Deleted.
  • Entry No. 2

• @sanjaya666 I really liked yout cards! but I preffered Gisa, is more my vibe haha! but I probably didn't use her as commander, because I could cast her from the grave so in this view I could use "two" commanders, but Cressida is probaby very powerful principally in reason of its color, jund is a very rampant combination, but liked both
  • @ArashiKun Well, Cressida is Naya though...

Hm...
  • edited May 2019
    @ArashiKun

Also, you might need to fix your cards. For example, here:

Honhard, of the Blood Cult (3)(B)(B)

Leg. Creature - Zombie Wizard

Deathtouch, menace

Eminence -- Whenever you cast your first black spell each turn, if Honhard, of the Blood Cult is in the command zone or on the battlefield, you may pay life equal to its converted mana cost. If you do, create a 1/2 black Zombie creature token with defender and lifelink.

Zombie tokens you control get +2/+0 and lose and can't gain defender and have menace.

1/6

The reason: It's just too strong at only 3 mana and 4 life with such effects.
  • @sanjaya666 oh, now I see, I really mixed up the white and black symbol (don't ask me why), I just see cressida faslty and confused its colors, 2ell, it being naya reduce its po2er level for commander, because the jund combination have so many interactions 2ith lands in the grave, and naya can mostly use lands from deck or hand
  • @sanjaya666

thanks for the feedback!

valid points, but I thing phyrexian mana combines more with him, so if I diminute the effects, like intead of +2/+0 and menace, just +1/+0? instead all of it just loses defender and gain menace or lifelink? I don't kno2, if you could help me, but I wish keep it with phyrexian mana, but if you think that it stills overpowered I could replace that for regular mana (no2 in the end I thought I could use one normal and one phyrexian too)
  • edited May 2019
    @ArashiKun

Probably should just creating regular 2/2 zombies (for the eminence part). And, just remove the damage buff and just give them deathtouch and menace instead.

If you insist to use phyrexian mana, then probably just make the commander 1/3 or 2/2.

Just a suggestion though.
This discussion has been closed.