Just a thing I'm doing to meet fellow new forum members (Giving Prizes!)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, I want to see some new faces in this thread so I can follow some new cardsmiths. So I thought why not make this a friendly challenge!

Prizes: Two entrants of this meet and greet will win the following.
- 1 month of premium subscription.

Steps to enter:
1) Post your favorite card you made, if you already have one. Not required. :)
2) Post one of your favorite cards someone else made.

Note: You won't be judged on the cards posted. It's just so I can see what you like.

Feel free to chat in the comments as well. I'd like to see what you're up to these days!

Comments

• Is there a limit to how long we've been active?
  • edited May 2019
    @kandra127
    Nope. Everyone is welcome.
  • Hi.
    I'm Corwinnn.
    My name has 3 n's.
    I'm not too new, so I'm not trying to win any prizes.
    A Favorite Card I Made is...
    A Favorite Card that @Teacup made is...
  • So, I'm going to break the rules a tiny bit, because I can't decide between my two favorite cards I've made, but also can't decide between two cards I really love from other cardsmiths, so I'm going to sneak all four in :P
    Also, I used to be around back in like, 2015 or something, but only recently returned.
    So, my two cards:
    imageimage

As for the other cardsmith's cards we have
    @TenebrisNemo
    And
    @Sorinjace
  • edited May 2019
    @Red_Tower
    Thank you very much, it wasn't a very rigid rule. I just wanted to see your interests.

By the way, if you have any ideas for contests/challenges you'd like to see happen, mention them here so I can consider starting or sponsoring some. I want to see what people are looking for from the forums!
  • Will do! I know I personally enjoy things that encourage character and world building.
  • My name is Daedalus, I have been on here for (literally) just over a year. 1 year and 13 days as of me posting this comment. And like @Corwinnn, I am not trying to win any prizes even though I, unlike Corwinnn, am on the newer side.

My favorite card(s) I've made would probably be one of these two:
    image image
    They are both from different sets. My Abathra set is based around direct creature destruction and sacrifice while my Gareth set is based around casting things from exile.

My favorite card someone else made is definitely this:
    Just imagine the chaos and headaches this would cause.
  • Thanks everybody, make sure to enter the contest inspired by Red_Tower.
    The Towering of Planes (Oathbreaker Character Creation contest)
  • Hey guys, so I've been on mtgcs since February 2017. I've been on the forums since March 2017, but I didn't get actively involved until about November/December 2017 roughly. I'm kicking myself in the butt for it because I think I might have missed the chance to get at least 1 earnable avatar in that stretch of time I wasn't actively using the forums. At any rate, one of my favorite cards I made is:

Darkness Skulker

A favorite card by another cardsmith is

Loki, Lord of the Wings by @lostcause626

I started this last night but I fell asleep doing it lol.
  • edited May 2019
    I'm ArmisJoe, with no n's.

I discovered mtgcardsmith some years ago when I had to do some coop version of MTG for my uni degree so we had to create our own cards with coop mechanics. I came back in december 2018 and decided to create some cards I came up with, and ended up joining the forums about a month ago.

I was going to post Kaya's Task, but I'm going to go with personal attachment...

I don't want to fix the rulings because it would lose its magic

A favorite card by another cardsmith is Ydiri and Shu, Inseparable by Crimson

• edited May 2019
    I am Lowlander, and I am the pinnacle of self-esteem.

I got into smithing cardboard a good amount of years back, but real life makes me come and go really often, being months or years at a time away from creative work, so I might not be the most cost-efficient to follow, lol.

My oldest what, 20 cards, were already deleted since I didn't get premium and was away for too long (and I forgot'em), so it's always fun to check my empty "Most Favored by Community" column. You could say I'm relatively new, *wink wink*.

Hey, I've smeared my name enough, so why not do it some more. I'll hit it with my three favorite cards, in no specific order. Funny enough, none of them is in my favorite color (Green).

image image image

And my favorite cards by other smiths so far, courtesy of @bnew07, @strongbelieves and @KJMartin respectively.

image image image
  • Giving the results when I get back from my trip in around 5 hours. Thanks to everyone who considered entering this meet and greet! :)
  • edited May 2019
    @Red_Tower @Lowlander @Daedalus_The_All_Father
    Because I'm always full of surprises, I decided to gift each of you a premium subscription for the account you choose. Mainly in case you have alternate accounts.

@Everybody
    In addition, I'm giving an additional month of premium to one participant of this question asking/answering thread of mine. To be mentioned in that thread shortly.
    I need help determining my MTGC playmat, contest theme! (Advice needed.) { or Latest}
  • I'm honored. This is my only account so far.
  • Whoa, really? Thanks :) This is my single account as well.
  • @murkletins

This is going to be too late for your contest but I'd love to say hi anyway! :D

Just as an example of what I do, I've included a few of my questionable cardboard abominations here. I absolutely love comedy cards and if you want to jump in on my current contest at http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4473/futile-pointless-convoluted-and-so-on#latest then feel free to do so!

Nice to meet you by the way :D
This discussion has been closed.