Mechanix Challenge - 39 **Circuit Challenge**

edited August 2020 in Contests and Challenges
84 years ago, Corwinnn, MrRansom, AustinSmith and Tomigon started a project called TheMechanix.; Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to ; Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - 39
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/41920
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In MC-39, the focus is on Triggered Keywords
This challenge features mechanics from @LeviathanSoul, @Rednaxela, @thecreed2000, @Lastjustice, @CKNG, @jabrewer79, @Aggroman15, @Yururu, @Jarnefeldt, @ScottAnderson, @Dechujoh64 & @TheMechanix

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, creativity and flavor.

Limit of 12 entries max per person.
Deadline: 5/31/19
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY-; and added to -HALL OF FAME- !

In Addition...
First Place = 1 Circuit Point
Second Place = 3/4 Circuit Point
Third Place = 1/2 Circuit Point
Honorable Mentions = 1/4 Circuit Point

#MechanixChallenge

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Blight by LeviathanSoul
    Blight (Whenever a creature blocks this creature, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn and the blocking creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)

Reverence by Rednaxela
    Reverence (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may have it worship this creature.)

Luck by thecreed2000, modified by TheMechanix
    Luck N (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may shuffle your library and reveal the top card of it. If that card's converted mana cost is N, put it into your hand.)

Unstoppable by Lastjustice
    Unstoppable N (Whenever this creature becomes blocked, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to it this turn unless it is blocked by N or more creatures.)

Bloom by CKNG
    Bloom N (At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. At the beginning of your end step, if this creature has N or more +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it.)

Protector by jabrewer79
    Protector (When this creature enters the battlefield, choose another creature you control. All damage that would be dealt to that creature is dealt to this creature instead.)

Backup by Aggroman15
    Backup N (When this creature dies, create N 1/1 creature tokens that share all types and colors with this creature.)

Submerge by Yururu
    Submerge (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may put a -1/-1 counter on it. If you do, it becomes submerged and it can't be blocked.)

Consume by Jarnefeldt
    Consume N (Whenever a creature with power N or less that was dealt combat damage by this creature this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Thorns by Scott_Anderson
    Thorns N (Whenever this creature is dealt combat damage by a creature, this creature deals N damage to that creature.)

Retribution by Dechujoh64
    Retribution (Whenever a creature you control dies, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)
    -TheMechanix version
    Retribution (Whenever a creature you control dies, if it wasn’t sacrificed, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Bloodborne by TheMechanix
    Bloodborne (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may exile another creature you control. If a creature card with first strike is exiled this way, this creature gains first strike. The same is true for deathtouch, haste, lifelink, and menace.)

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    1st Entry

Edit: Is my entry allowed? I'm using Luck X instead of a default number. I don't know if I'm changing the mechanic too much.
  • edited May 2019
    image image
  • edited May 2019
    Entry #1:

Submerge by @Yururu

• edited May 2019
    Bloodborne by @TheMechanix

Should I make it so that the exiled card is also returned to the battlefield?
  • Nice entries thus far!
    @ArmisJoe - That works for me. We're always interested in different ways to utilize the mechanics.
    @shadow123 - Only if you want it to.

XD

Blight, 1st Entry

Reverence, Entry 2
  • @Corwinnn Is it alright if we adapt the mechanic a bit, for example, changing thorns to trigger of any damage rather than just combat damage?

Using an adapted version of thorns in order to make it trigger off fighting
  • 2nd Entry, using Submerge

• @Corwinnn here's your rude and crass cousin as my first entry using @Rednaxela 's mechanic.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/king-conker-the-squirrel

The meaning is on how Conker gains "friends" and the token generation is because of how many actual squirrel cards there actually are. 6. Plus Conker seems mad (the red Mana) don't ya think?

Thorns, Entry 3
  • edited May 2019
  • 3rd Entry, using Bloom by CKNG

• Entry #2:

Unstoppable by @Lastjustice

• edited May 2019
    Entry 1

Blight by LeviathanSoul

Entry 2

Luck by thecreed2000, modified by TheMechanix

Entry 3

Reverence by Rednaxela

Entry 4

Thorns by Scott_Anderson

Entry 5

Protector by jabrewer79

Backup by Aggroman15

• edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    @TheCaptain010 You're supposed to use mechanics off the list at the top. If you happen to have made said mechanic (Like Unstoppable for myself off this list.) then you can say yourself, but you aren't supposed just use any mechanic you made.

Edit: You can include your mechanics on the link @Corwinnn has in his post, and they might be part of a future mechanix contest someday.
  • @TheCaptain010 - @Lastjustice is correct. This challenge is about using the mechanics we selected from The Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. that other people have submitted.

(It's a link...click it!)
  • edited May 2019
    Entry #3:

Blight by @LeviathanSoul

• edited May 2019
    Entry 6

Backup by Aggroman15

Retribution by Dechujoh64

Entry 7

Consume by Jarnefeldt

Bloodborne by TheMechanix, minor tweak by Lastjustice (added double strike.)

Value= Converted mana cost , I just use that as a shorthand to save text.

Entry 8

Submerge by Yururu

Entry 9

Bloom by CKNG, Redubbed Erupt by Lastjustice (as bloom doesn't fit the flavor for this creature.)

This covers atleast one of each mechanic for this contest.

Entry 10

Blight by LeviathanSoul

• edited May 2019
    Backup by Aggroman15:

• I have a question, @Corwinn, like, I need to use a mechanic of the list I know, but if I had created a mechanic just like @TheCaptain010 could I use it? or use another mechanic created by another user, for example, create a creature with trophy by LeonineWolf and this same creature have luck X where X is the number of trophies in it, would be this card legal for the contest?
  • @TenebrisNemo how I use custom collection symbols?
  • @ArashiKun - It's a premium feature. You choose the "Custom Icon URL" from "Premium Icons" while creating your card. Then you copy the URL of the symbol which you want to use from this discussion and paste it into the white box which appears below the icon selector when you choose "Custom Icon URL."
This discussion has been closed.