Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Temurzoa
    The only thing that really makes me upset is that card is not real. Nice work!

Next:
  • @Ilmarinen I like that card and It’s flavor text a lot. It is really well designed.

Next Up:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/heros-return
  • @shadow123
    Hero's return is really strong for one mana. It should probably be at least 3 cmc. Also, the point of exiling something is that you don't get it back.
    Next up:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vulcanus-forger-of-armies-2?list=user
  • edited May 2019
    A card that is probably broken in commander:

• @shadow123
    Thanks!

@strongbelieves
    You're supposed to give a fave and/or feedback to the card preceding yours before posting your own.
  • @strongbelieves
    I don't understand what makes the enchantment more than just a regular mythic enchantment, plus with this card's ability it makes it feel more blue than green, perhaps you should have made this multicolored?

Now it is my turn, wooo what a doozy, a commander that brings in bodyguards

imageimage
  • edited May 2019
    @strongbelieves
    You may not be aware, this is the "Actually see what others think" discussion I started. The rules are that you must either leave a fave or comment on the card preceding yours when you post it. We're trying to keep this discussion as clear as possible so that people have the simplest time knowing what to comment/fave when they post their own card for critique. I will try and swing by to comment on your linked card though ;)

Alright Smiths!

This is a somewhat unique discussion page (this is a function reminder), look at Page One for more clarification.

To post one or two cards for others to look at in this thread, first leave a FAVE or COMMENT on at least one of the cards preceding your own. The next person will do the same. In this way, almost every card that gets displayed here will have some form of feedback.

@Mantis17
    I left feedback on your card.

@EnvyReaper
    Sarencia is pretty cool! She'd probably be safer to cost at {3}{w}{w} because of the number of bodies and P/T she brings to the board. However, I think you've done a pretty good job of keeping her power-level in check. I think it's interesting how you chose to give the tokens the ability, but it seems like a viable option. The other way to do it, which would fit in the color-pie better, would be to give Sarencia the ability (in a manner similar to Aegis Angel): When Sarencia ETBs, create two tokens. Those tokens have indestructible for as long as you control Sarencia.
    In the future, please restrict your cards to ones made on this site. It makes it much simpler to leave feedback and discuss changes, and also is "in the spirit" of the forums.

Next Up:
    How well does he fit into Theros? Is he a good common?

Leave a fave or comment on this card, then post up to two of your own!
  • edited May 2019
    @Faiths_Guide
    While it is a good fit for Theros, my main concern is that it breaks New-World-Order, while I may not know the advanced parts of it, it basically describes that commons cannot be complicated, in this case if a lot of these were in circulation you would have a lot of people popping these for cheap and making them monstrous

Sadly I couldn't get the Fuse border and I think adding it in text form for the cards would have had made them look bad, so I just didn't put it in
  • edited May 2019
    @EnvyReaper
    To keep this discussion as clean as possible, please make these types of comments in the card comment section ;)

Please copy your comment over there so we can "disqus" your issue with it.
  • @Faiths_Guide oh crap sorry I forgot to add my card
  • edited May 2019
    @EnvyReaper

I believe A Place would be "Put target card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library". It might be worth making A Time a {1}{u} instant for greater utility but it's fine either way.

Here's mine, which Faiths_Guide has been super helpful on already but it would be good to get some other views as well.

• @Faiths_Guide I don't know how happy @Mantis17 is going to be with my comments.
    • The card is overstatted/undercosted by a lot. It's probably half what it should cost. There are only two creatures in MTG that have 5+ power and double strike. One is Atarka and the other is the irrelevant Avatar of Slaughter.
    • Affinity (and most cost reduction in general) is a broken mechanic. This doesn't need to ever cost less.
    • The ETB ability seems... Fine.
    • I don't know why I would ever activate this when I can simply kill my opponent in two turns by attacking.
  • edited May 2019
    @Animist Linger is an awesome creation! Did you and @Faiths_Guide design it? If so, nice job! I only have one suggestion about linger. I feel like you’re trying to get the theme of haunting someone when it dies, so I think it should only be able to enchant creatures. Nice card!

Next up:

• edited May 2019
    @shadow123
    I left a comment on the Force of Chaos card page.
    Yes, "linger" is @Animist's concept that I helped tweak. Glad you like it!

Next Up:
    Another card with the linger mechanic.

Leave a fave or comment on this card, then post up to two of your own!
  • Hey, I'm here again. So this card is a Milestone for me, 12 favorites so far and 18 comments and counting, I hope you like this: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2019/5/13/1557767163492648.png

Enduring Archangel: Now I make a Baird commander.
  • @Dom_Rocks, I think Marlyn would work better as a white/black planeswalker, as white typically has the ability to put extra loyalty counters. Also, "Other planeswalkers you control..."

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jtun-greataxe
  • @Temurzoa The biggest problem I have with your card is the special character in the name. That is something that wotc is actively trying to avoid these days, which is why they changed to Aether instead of the special character they used to use.
    The design itself is nice! You could possibly even get away with reducing the mana cost by 1.
    Here is my card I'd like thoughts on:
  • @Red_Tower Spelldash is interesting. I like it. My only problems that spelldash would allow you to make two 2/1 creatures with haste and vigilance with 4 mana every turn. I’d suggest the second ability to only create one goblin. I like the idea behind it though.

Next up:

• edited May 2019
    @shadow123
    Overall it is an excellent card but has a few kinks to figure out. It would make it a bit wordier, but I would change it into an Enchantment-Curse and have "When this enters the battlefield, chose a player. Spells that player casts costs one more mana." That would save up room for additional effects. Another thing I think is to change the second mechanic. I would change it to target players next spell because then you get the extra effect of you choosing to destroy it. As well as the player would probably go through 1 mana increments, then pay 3 mana on 1 turn and 3 mana on the next turn. Finally, I would change the name because "Curse of Memory" sounds like a card that would focus on cards and discards, but that is just a card name. The card is an awesome idea!

Now, time for my boys evaluation.
  • @CrafterofTruths thanks for the feedback! I’ll remember that while making future cards.

Now, your card:
    Remember in the second ability, a countered spell never enters the battlefield. I’d probably phrase it like this:

If Redfang, Gang Boss would be put into your graveyard and it's refuse cost was paid, return Redfang, Gang Boss from to your hand instead.

I’d also make it a 3/3

Now my card:

• @shadow123 Hmmm, I'm not sure about the power level. All I really got is that I'd change the ability to "Whenever you cast another spell, add one colorless mana (or one mana of any color, depending on which fits better for you) for each of its colors." In addition, the name feels off, although I don't know how to fix it.

As for my card:

For fealty: (You have fealty to this color combination for as long as the most amount of permanents you control are exactly green, white, and blue.)

(Yes, I know the card is mtgdesign. I needed to use a custom set mark)
  • edited May 2019
    @shadow123
    Well, because I don't have premium, and I don't have any favorites, I will delete and recreate Redfang. However, because I won't Redfang to be tough, I will change him to 3/4.

@MonkeyPirate2002
    Good, but a bit overpowered. Because if you are only playing W U G then 3 mana, all permanents gain hexproof, 2/4. I would maybe change into to ascend and fealty instead of just Fealty. Also, I'm salty that you used mtgdesign.

Another vampire gang boi
  • @monkeypirate2002 thanks for the feedback!
  • @CrafterofTruths - I've commented on your card.

Could someone please let me know what they think of the wording on this card?

it was originally "If equipped creature would deal combat damage, instead Vjarla, Bloodthirsty Blade deals that damage as if it were combat damage" but that might require specifying the amount and target of the damage.
  • @Animist - I believe the last part is unnecessary. If Vjarla deals the combat damage instead, you don't need to repeat it:

Combat damage that would be dealt by equipped creature is instead dealt by Vjarla, Bloodthirsty Blade.

Next up:

Moo!
  • @TenebrisNemo Ox tribal! I can't see much wrong with it? Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the evergreen keywords be in alphabetical order
  • Here's the next one from me:

• edited May 2019
    @pjbear2005 commented and favorited! Here are my first two(ish) entries:

(EDIT: Followed @Temurzoa's advice and nerfed the Eminence ability, as well as some minor changes.)

image image
  • edited May 2019
    @DragonsApprentice, Linthana is absurdly easy to break with wheels and the such. It would be fine if the first ability was merely static, but Eminence pushes it over.

Concerning Titanic Remains, the first ability should be worded as "Titanic Remains enters the battlefield tapped with eight Dune counters on it." Other than that, I love the flavor of the card. Just remember that other than damage, numbers should always be spelled out.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/uhlol-nebulous-enthraller
  • @DragonsApprentice @Temurzoa (Don't forget that life gain also uses numbers)