It's Heist Time!

It's time to assemble your team of criminals. Create for me four cards that all share the keyword Heist (A non existant mechanic, I want you to show me what you think it should be.) They don't all need to be creatures. I will like any submissions I like, and give feedback on each card posted. Let the best heister win!

Comments

• edited May 2019
    image image
    image image

Oh my gosh, I've got so many awesome ideas for this mechanic and story of my bandits while making those four cards, that I'm sad, that there's a limited number of entries.

• Time for some thievery...
  • @Derain2

I have a couple different strategies, can I make separate entries?
  • Yeah, I would also like to know that
  • Yeah! No limits on entries, I will keep this going for at least a week!
  • @ThePhantomJoker

I'm glad you have so many ideas! I suggested four entries per a concept because I thought that would be enough to explore the different facets of the mechanic you made. If you want to post more your welcome to it! Now onto your individual cards.

Huroon: Love this card, the flavor, everything is pretty great.

Camp: I was a little worried when I first read your heist mechanic, since it was a very powerful ability, but you do a good job of keeping it in control. Having this card grant heist before blockers are declared keep this card fair and fun.

Eniar: Cool synergies are cool. My only two cents are that scry is usually a blue mechanic, the red sometimes horns in on, so I'm not quite sure what green is doing showing up in this creatures mana cost.

Horseback Raiders: Once again you do a fantastic job keeping what could be a very broken mechanic in check. This seems like it would be a ton of fun to play.

If you want to add more cards with this mechanic here I'd love to read them. If you'd like to make a new submission with a different spin on a heist mechanic, I'd love to read those too.
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    Here.

image image
  • edited May 2019
    More to come (hopefully, if I'm inspired xD)

• @sanjaya666 Hey, thanks for exapanding on my mechanic! I really like the cutthroat
  • Can I make a building that needs to be infiltrated by the big gang?
  • edited May 2019
    @KorandAngels , or literally anyone: Can you please describe a conspiracy? I never knew what they meant.
  • edited May 2019
    @The-DM Conspiracies were cards made specifically for drafting in the Conspiracy sets (which were made primarily for drafting). They existed in the command zone (so they couldn't be interacted with in any way) and imparted positive effects on their owner. I'm pretty sure there was one in each pack of conspiracy or something, but I could be wrong.

Because conspiracies were made for draft, you could play all of the conspiracies that you drafted. The three types of conspiracy that exist are the following, though they're all pretty similar in terms of base function:

Huh, the dash in your name actually makes it impossible to @ you.
  • edited May 2019
    @Tigerfang8 Love the art! Very thematic for this contest. As for the mechanic itself, it's pretty fun. Low attack high defense cards that gain value when they attack is a fun way to punish certain deck types. I look forward to seeing what else you can do with the mechanic.

Edited: I misread your card the first time round. Sorry.
  • @Sanjaya666 Kylara seems a little pushed to me, but as a mostly standard and limited player perhaps I'm overly sensitive. She's cool, but she dosen't really do anything new with the mechanic we haven't already seen.

Hired Cutthroat. I love this card. It takes the baseline ability and adds in a new spin and flavor. Well don card from beginning to end, there is nothing I would change about it.
  • @ArmisJoe Cool card. Fun art, very fun flavor text. I like the idea of treating heist as similar to explore, making it something creatures do rather than something that simply happens. I look forward to seeing more cards like this in the future, maybe something that cares about when a specific creature heists or something.
  • @Korandangels

Flavor is one of my favorite things about Magic, so I always welcome it when someone wants to post something on one of my threads to expand its flavor! Thank you!
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
    @Derain2 I appreciate that, boss.

Really have no idea about it tho, aside from copying from another people anyway, kind of.
  • edited May 2019
    Here's my take on it :P
    Drum-roll please!
  • Heist, a custom Rogue-tribal mechanic:

imageimage
  • edited May 2019
  • @ArmisJoe Nice card. At first you'd have to get your mana up or get a lucky draw to be able to both activate it's ability and cast the card, so it's good you get value out o the ability anyways, and later when cards are cheaper you can really use this to run away with the game!
  • @Catfish21SM Cool set of cards. I don't think casting cards for their converted mana cost is really a thing in magic, I think the perfered method of convey that is "and you may spend mana as though it were any type to cast this spell" Just a minor quibble.

Traitiour Pirate seems like a nice pirate version of elvish mystic. We get a little extra toughness, but lose out on the possablity of wiffing on land. Well done.

Theiving Crow: I love the art on this one. Well crafted card that can get you quick value, but also is vulnerable to removal. Excellent draft material.

Master Theif: Fun capstone creature. The only thing I'd change is make his last ability a bit more expensive, since it essentially allows you to heist twice, and could go insane with itself.

• @Temurzoa I really like this take! It helps sell the who "Team of theives" feel the name deserves.

Palace Prowler: Nice to introduce a new keyword on a default creature, makes things easier for me, so thanks.

Catty Burglar: Cool addition to the team, spilling over with flavor of distracted guards and taking advantage of good opportunities.

Sly Backstabber: Seriously my favorite card of yours! It's got the best flavor, perfectly captures the essence of black creatures, rouges, and the pitfalls of teamwork. Great Great card.
  • @Tigerfang8 Geist Zilch seems like a fun commander to run! My only note is your reminder text is set for the default, not Heist 2.
This discussion has been closed.