MTGCS SURVIVOR SERIES 2019

Comments

• edited May 2019
    @pstmdrn yup. Sorry! Keep up with me, and catch me on my next contest, idk when it will be, but it will be sweet! :)

@CrafterofTruths as I stated before, it goes as fast as the cardsmiths drop entries. So in other words, once the last person drops their entry in, that deadline is up, judging will commence, 2 cardsmiths will be eliminated, prizes for that deadline will be awarded, and the next deadline/round will start.

On a further note, if too many people take too long to submit, I will be forced to eliminate them. So guys please dont take forever dropping entries.

@EnvyReaper go right ahead and use whatever site you wish to create your card on, but if possible, could you create a mtgcs version of the entry as well so I can favor your entry as well? (If you cant for technical reasons its ok just let me know.)

Enact is a custom mechanic of mine that reference the new enchantment subtype ‘Law’. Law has no rules meaning but can be referenced by cards/mechanics like Cartouche.
  • I think we should at the very least have a version on Cardsmith.
  • edited May 2019
  • edited June 2019
    First enchantment creature I've ever made that I'm proud about. Good luck to the other contestants!

• edited June 2019

There @sorinjace and @ranshi922 enough with the harassment
  • Dang it. I missed it.
  • @Jfoster90 your creature has to be a legendary enchantment creature. :)
  • @Jonteman93 I will have another contest available to everyone if they are interested in the topic once this contest wraps up. Hopefully you will be attending, as you make wonderful cards!!
  • @sorinjace, what do you mean by "worthy of standard"?
  • edited June 2019
    Making this card was a painstaking process of finding art that had the visual motifs of enchantment creatures without being WotC's. After that came 30 minutes of contemplation, 10 minutes of wording, and 2 hours of refining with the help of others.
    Factoid: The name means "Winged One" because there are no angels on Theros.
  • edited June 2019
    Man this takes me back. Theros was my first standard block, and bestow was my favorite mechanic. Please enjoy!

Minor and only update: Fixed a syntax error that would make Mystlyf’s Ability useless.
  • Not as happy with this as I'd like, but the art I originally found pulled me in a direction that became problematic, so after thinking for a bit I had just a spark of inspiration. I'll be a little curious to see if anyone knows the reference.
    Also, forgive me for having a changling that isn't a shapeshifter, as it didn't fit on the type line.

• @Ranshi922 when I said "worthy of standard," I meant balanced enough for standard, but powerful enough to be a commander in edh format as well.
  • Could you let me know whether or not I will be sucker-punched when judging comes around?
  • edited May 2019
    Would've been a human rogue if I could've made the entire type fit.

• We're waiting on 4 more entries guys, @Jfoster90 when you get a chance redo or pull your entry make sure you make it this deadlines theme (legendary enchantment creature.)
  • Well, here goes nothing:

• edited June 2019
  • @CrafterofTruths Who made the Legacy mechanic? If it was you, can I please use it in a set I’m working on?
  • @Tommia
    I did! You 100% can use it. If you post a card, you can put Legacy mechanic by @CrafterofTruths. Could you send me a link to your set?
  • How many more people need to submit their entries?
  • @Ranshi922 I count eleven cards (excluding the Dr. Mario card that probably doesn't count / I have no idea of the purpose of).
  • @Ranshi922 I'm at work atm, so I don't have time to go count the entries, but if @MemoryHead is correct, that means 3 more need to be submitted, and @Jfoster90 needs to edit or pull his entry and resubmit a new one. (In other words, 4 more entries to go.)
  • edited June 2019
    Is it possible to set the deadline at the end of next friday? (Kind of studying and packing up my stuff for a trip atm so I need some time by myself for this)
  • If we do that we can make it so it is two weeks time to submit and we can all get new challenges every Sunday (So we have Saturday off to work for ourselves)
  • @EnvyReaper we can't personalize it to only your schedule, it has to fit for the majority of people involved and myself being this contest's host. Sorry!
  • Yeah but I am saying that if everybody's schedule could align to a two week timestamp it could be better since we know when something will be due, and then have a day off, that is personally my thought but if it DOES fit for everybody I ordain we should make it that way
  • @EnvyReaper But on the other hand, it means that it'll take forever and a day to actually get through all of the rounds. I'm against it, in other words.
This discussion has been closed.