Make a Challenge, Together! (Cardsmith Party!)

edited June 2019 in Just for Fun Contests
This could get interesting!

Brainstorm. Rules are simple. I start a sentence. Players add up to two words. Then, combining them, any player, at any time, can make a card that fits any of the criteria, as long as the chosen criteria makes a full sentence and doesn’t cut off the words someone submitted (“MAKE A CARD” IS NOT VALID CRITERIA!. I'll randomly reset the sentence, and it starts back from there! The sentence does not end when a card is made, only when I end it manually.

- Once again, you can only add two words at a time
- You cannot add words within three comments of doing so (ex: person a adds a word, then person b does. Person A has to wait for one more person to add words before they can do so again)
- Unglued Cards are allowed, but don’t make criteria TOO nonsensical
- Do not start new sentences. Only I can do this.
- I may overrule criteria if it’s too nonsensical, or add words if the sentence is stalling.
- Yes, you can make a card based on any sentence from any point of the sentence, even if it’s already been reset, and even if someone else has submitted another word or card for it, as long as the point you choose makes a complete sentence.
- For example, if the last sentence is “Make a creature that has defender and haste but can’t block.” and the current sentence is “Make a card that would fit in War of the Spark.”, you can make a card that fits the criteria of “Make a creature that has defender and haste”
- I’ll also grade entries for criteria difficulty and creativity, and, depending on if the card is realistic or unglued, realism or flavor. Have fun!

Comments

• edited June 2019
    Here are the sentences completed so far:

- Make a card with vigilance and Monopoly Man.
    - Make a red and hasty token producing creature.
    - Make a spell that can’t be cast unless you control the enchantment with the least colored mana symbols in the casting cost.
    - Make a cycle of three cards that cause you to lose the game unless your life total is equal or less than the number of cards in an opponent's graveyard.
  • Vigilance and
  • Monopoly Man
  • This is not me adding to the sentence. Unglued Cards are allowed, replacing realism with flavor if the card in question is unglued
  • edited June 2019
    :3

“Make a card with vigilance and Monopoly Man”

Makes “cents”. A businessman must always be vigilant!
  • NOTASENTencemode Do we make a new sentence? iF SO,
    Make a red and...
  • edited June 2019
    hasty token.
    (Has haste.)
  • edited June 2019
    Please avoid making a sentence that’s hard to continue when it’s possible!

Sentence two: Make a red and hasty token producing creature
  • With hexproof
    Make a multicolour skeleton...
  • dabbing on...
  • edited June 2019
    ...top of a pelican.

(No wait that's impossible.)
  • @KorandAngels Please do not end sentences when it’s possible
  • ...and farting...
  • Welp... this is getting more out of hand than intended.

New rules:
    - You cannot add words within three comments of doing so (ex: person a adds a word, then person b does. Person A has to wait for one more person to add words before they can do so again)
    - Unglued Cards are allowed, but don’t make criteria TOO nonsensical
    - Do not start new sentences. Only I can do this.
    - I may overrule criteria if it’s too nonsensical, or add words if the sentence is stalling.

Reminders
    - Do not end sentences or make a sentence hard to continue (if it’s possible)
    - You may only add two words at a time
    - Making a card does not end the sentence
  • New Sentence

Make a spell that...
  • 'can't be'
  • 'cast unless'
  • ‘You control’
  • edited June 2019
    'the'

(:3)
  • 'only existing limited edition'
  • -~-

*last addition overruled*
  • (What?)
    (how do you fit the 'The' in otherwise, unless there's only one card?)
  • I'm sorry that I haven't been very helpful here.
  • "enchantment with"
  • the least
  • Colored mana
  • edited June 2019
    symbols in
  • edited June 2019
    The Casting Cost
  • edited June 2019
    Sentence complete: Make a spell that can’t be cast unless you control the enchantment with the least colored mana symbols in the casting cost. (Oh boy!)
This discussion has been closed.