I Just Realized..

When I was creating a card for a competition, I realized that you can create custom cards. While there are artifacts and creatures and artifact creatures, there is also a bar that is on the very top that says "Custom". This little option allows you to fuse old things to make new ones like creatures sorceries, and artifact enchantments, but as well new card types like traps, manifests, and more. There is a lot of room for creativity.

While this is just an idea to spark your imagination, you can post your cards here! Depending on how many cards come, I can give prizes for the best ideas! Just remember to post the rules of your new card type either on or next to your card. If you are stumped, here is a new type to help you out!

Creature Sorcery:
(When creature sorceries are played, you can choose for it to stay as a creature or to resolve as a sorcery.)

I can't wait to see some great ideas! Happy Smithing!

Comments

• edited June 2019
    It's been so long since I've used these forums so I don't remember how to plug a photo, but here's my iteration of the same concept you had.

The concept is that because of the rebound effect, you get no immediate value by having it enter as a creature. So cast it as a sorcery, copying a creature. There is the added risk of that if the board is cleared, it will do nothing off rebound, but if something big sticks, it has big value.
  • edited June 2019
    @Fyresis
    Oops, I forgot to submit this link. If you need to submit photos, go to this helpful tutorial!
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/2584/brief-guide-to-uploading-linked-pictures-images-in-comments-w-visual-aid#latest
    Thanks for submitting a card so fast!
  • @CrafterofTruths so THAT'S how it was. I used to use this all the time and just completely forgot. Thanks for the link! I'll try to edit the original message to have the image.
  • edited June 2019
    Oh. My. Gosh. I had the idea to make something like this for a looong time, but there was no way to make it possible to do this on Cardsmith - until now. Thanks so much for making me notice this, because otherwise, I would have totally missed it. This is my long imagined idea:
    image image image image
    These elementals are inhabitant of a half-plane called the Everstorm, a strange place in the Multiverse. Its existence is very hard to describe, so I won't even try. It's a big storm of mana, but it's more complicated.

I've tried to pull inspiration from the awesome mechanic of Bestow from the block of Theros.
    Also I made it Sorcery Creature instead of Creature Sorcery, because it feels better, like Artifact Creature, Enchantment Creature, Land Creature - the secial type is always first before the Creature.

Thre's another and more epic card:
  • edited June 2019
    Behold, the Artifact Instant !
  • edited June 2019
    I had this idea for a while. It isn't going to happen by any standards as it would call for the errata of many, many cards and checking the Oracle text of cards would need to happen a lot with some rules interactions. So, how about Plural Creatures?
    (I just made this in a few minutes using art I have already used to test it out.)
    I am not sure whether they should work any different or if it is just an interesting mechanic.
    Other Plural cards would include things such as:
    image image image

image image image
    (Legendary Plural Creature - Minotaur Clerics is to large to fit into the type box)
    Please give feedback :)
  • @AxNoodle
    I think that the best way to do plural creatures (if you didn't already have this in mind) is to count them as creatures and plural creatures. I think it is disappointing if The Three Hounds didn't have double strike or even triple strike themselves, so if you can, that change would be what I recommend.

@ASubtleGhost
    I am beholding! Nice card.

@ThePhantomJoker
    Just to finish the cycle, I would create a Snowbringer Elemental that is white. If you can pull off your Eyes of the Everstorm's tempest cost, you can pull off some massive cards.
  • Guys, the sorcery creature thing was already a mechanic in the tome, just executed slightly differently.
  • @CrafterofTruths They are meant to be plural and creatures at the same time. What I was thinking is that maybe they could block multiple creatures (which would be mightily confusing with all the erattas) or some other special ability.
  • edited June 2019
    Here's my Entry
    Is there a Maximum of card's you can enter?
  • edited June 2019
    Here's another Entry
  • edited June 2019
    Here's a Third entry
  • edited June 2019
    4th Entry
  • @Ranshi922
    Really! Could you direct me to it?

@HandCraftedd
    No entry limit. 4 armed one as an enchantment is really good. It is a great card idea. Your Damnation Swords instant ability is also really neat.

@AxNoodle
    I have an idea...
  • I wonder how long that function has been there. I definitely didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Anyway, I tried combining two types that haven't been combined yet:

And then I noticed you were talking about custom card types that hadn't really been used before. I'm not sure if by 'Trap', you meant the YuGiOh sort or not, but it's where my mind went.

So, I... made some Pokémon?

Yeah. IDK.
  • @Yesterday
    YES!!
    My sister would love this.
  • @CrafterofTruths
    Haha, well I'm glad. I was using them as a bargaining chip to get my brother to play with me for a while, and went through loads of variations on what the rules would be. I still don't know really how to get them to work, but he's since grown to like MtG as is, so that's a nice relief. ^^
  • edited June 2019
    I decided to make an "oldschool" card, using "Summon" instead of "Creature" and I even put the grammar in as it would read on the oldschool cards as well. *shrugs* Hope someone likes it lol.

• imageimageimage

Here's my entry, Arcs! The goal is to *bill wurtz voice* make a format out of this.

P.S. Worldforger's becoming reads "enchantments you own" instead of enchantments you control because there are a lot of weird rules about whether you control auras you put on enemy creatures, but you definitely own them, so that's the wording I used.
  • @CrafterofTruths, I don’t know exactly where it is, but it is in the tone somewhere in the first quarter.
  • @sorinjace
    Now I will always say Summon Creature instead of Creature

@HeroKP
    I understand Worldforgers goals. Maybe mythic rare for all of these though. The instants and sorceries one is hard enough to be rare, but having 12 creatures is easy. I might put it on if you control twelve of more nontoken creatures.

@Yesterday
    If I could add one thing to the pokemon's attacks, I would make it say that they don't lose the energy counters that they already have.

@AxNoodle
    Plural 2
    (This creature can block up to two creatures and can be affected up to twice by one effect.)
    This means if there was an effect that said, put a +1/+1 counter on up to two target creatures, you could place it on creatures with Plural 2, twice.
  • I've been trying to come up with some sort of supertype like legendary, but I'm not inspired. Any ideas?
  • @CrafterOfTruths I don’t think it should be a keyword, and I think blocking two creatures is too powerful of an effect. There is probably some interaction which makes cards too good. The multiple targeting thing might be interesting...
  • @CrafterofTruths Sorry I'm late, but about finishing the cycle - I made a white sorcery creature along with the other four, I just didn't put it here. If you want to see it, it's this:
  • edited June 2019
    @ArmisJoe
    Mythic Creature maybe? That is a hard quota.

@AxNoodle
    Okay
    Plural 2
    (This creature can be affected up to twice by one effect.)
    Or
    (This creature counts as two creatures for blocking, attacking, and for effects of cards you and your opponents control.)

@ThePhantomJoker
    Looks good!
  • edited June 2019
    Say hello to the Saga Creature!
  • edited June 2019
    Once I had an idea for a Tribal Creature which has an enchantment/instant/sorcery subtype.
  • @HandCraftedd
    I think you could edit that into an actuall saga card.

@KorandAngles
    Wouldn't instant sorcery just be an instant?
  • Just tried Mythic

It works like Legendary, but you can't have more than one Mythic permanent on the battlefield.
This discussion has been closed.