COLONISERS: Season 3!!! (Colonisers of Krystel)

Comments

• "Dreamblade. Something rises in the oceans."

"Why would that affect us?"

"Anything on this godforsaken continent is after us. Now, we may need to take drastic measures."

"You mean...?"

"Not yet. The One will be kept our little... surprise. We need the... less nice aspects of your power. "

"Yes, Eternal. It will be... taken care of."

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dreams-of-the-fallen

I've been waiting to make this card ever since I made the mechanic!
    and, yes, I know It can enable infinites.
  • Can someone catch me up on what's happening? Am I out? can I make all the cards?
  • @pjbear2005

You're behind in exploration, but you're not out yet. You have until wednesday to make a card and try to avoid elimination.

In other news, @Derain2 is now a merchant state, @EmolgA and @AxNoodle are fighting a "peaceful liberation war", @Lujikul is making lots of allliances, @kandra127 is planting spies in House Elta, and there is an eldritch horror rising from the depths threatening do devour y'all.
  • The Flamebearers of Dusk are not so easily caught off guard. Their tendency to bring light wherever they go means that they are vigilant, and always watching for when the shadows hide a threat to their ideals.

Sorry about the inactivity on my part, I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately.

I have returned! Here to take Krystel by storm once again!
  • @pjbear2005 In case you care,
  • This speaks for itself:

• edited June 2019
    Water was pouring from the sky like a waterfall, wind was driving it in sheets. Towns were boarded up, weaker structures abandoned. They had done everything they could. The storm was upon them.

Dame Almer pushed against the wind, towards the docks. Even in the protected harbor ships rolled and quaked. On the shore, the newly formed Order of the Vast waited for her. Standing in the middle of them all was Vorek.

imageimage

"Well met," Dame Almer said as she approached. She could feel skittering around her mind as she drew near. "Have you-"

Vorek placed his large palm on Almer's cheek, and suddenly she collapsed. For a moment she lost all sensation. The then she felt the hammering rain against the face, smelled the salt of the mighty ocean, heard the thunders call in the distance. She opened her eyes, and saw standing over her The Order of the Vast. But they were no longer the face of strangers. She saw them as they saw themselves. All their loves, all their fears. What they hated about themselves, everything. Vorek didn't say anything as he offered his hand and pulled Dame Almer to her feet. He didn't have to. In that moment she realized they too saw her as she was. Her resentment of her birthright. The boy she loved as a girl, the million little dreams she had that could never come true. They did not hate her for it. They understood.

They didn't speak as they clasped hands and marched into the waters. As they did so Dame Almer could feel her consciousness expand, not just among her peers, but across the distant sea. She could feel the ships circling the isles, the leviathans beneath them, and in the distance the terrible hunger that approached, and she knew all of them could feel her too. She was swimming through the turbulent ocean gazing up at the shadow of a ship. She was on that ship bent on her knees chanting as the waves tossed her this way and that. And she was the hunger, driven to consume them all.

Hunger did not come close to describing it. She was starving. She was born starving and always would be. She could consume the world itself and it would not be enough. She knew who these people were, what lives the lead but she did not care, she would consume them all, but... She would feel it. With every gnash of her teeth, every life she body she rended, she would feel that pain. Best to find other prey. At least for now...

(Ritual of Mind is my actual submission.)

• And in a twist of fate, now the only empire without a submission is @Potato13. I gib 24 hours, use them wisely.
  • @AxNoodle I know, I just thought it fit right so I ignored it.
  • @Potato13

Tick, tock, tick, tock...
  • edited June 2019
    @Potato13

Well, looks like our hivemindy friend isn't showing, so his faction is ELIMINATED!

Pack up your psychic transmitters, shove the lesser drones into a box, then put it on top of the carrier drone, and head home.

@ Everyone else, expect your updated map and challenge soon

MÄPPE
  • @EmolgAn @AxNoodle @Derain2 @kandra127 @Lujikul @MemoryHead @MonkeyPirate2002 @pjbear2005

Your challenge for next wednesday is ÆNCĪENT LØRĘ.

A lot of you have descriptions of your recent past, but what about the FAR past? What gods did you worship back then? Who was your leader? What was your empire like? Answer me these or other questions like them in a card.
  • @HeroKP Haha! I built from the ground up, so ÆNCĪENT LØRĘ has already been crafted!
  • This is an awesome challenge! I've been meaning to get into this anyways...
  • Oof, I won’t be able to participate in this challenge because I am in France for vacation. I won’t be getting back till July 2cnd.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Well, it isn't elimination, and you should just be able to make a card for the next challenge and avoid getting kicked out.

Wish you luck with all the time management!
  • 120 hours left!

First Entry WOO
  • @pjbear2005

Niceeeee!

Will you be posting a story to go with that?
  • @HeroKP Yep, it will come soon
  • edited June 2019
    Ancient lore within the Striders doesn’t really exist. They are a new people compared to others, starting out as draft chaff. Now, they have evolved in the Ultimate Eye’s presence to become half of the spirit of Jarkonailia, home to the dragons that took them in after leaving Edgerim. As Jarkanolt himself was the avatar of the plane, his power was split. Half was his, the Eye’s first creation.
    The other half belonged to an avatar created in his image. Tlonakraj. Yes, that is Jarkanolt spelt backwards. He embodies the other half of the now peaceful plane. But altogether, after the plane was introduced with Striders, its full essence changed. May I present the creation of the soul of the plane that could only be done when the Striders evolved:

• @AxNoodle

It's strange that it doesn't have flying (considering dRaGoN and wInGs and all), but the card itself is very interesting, good job :)

I almost forgot! @Derain2 and @pjbear2005, since you both lack official, host-sponsored allies, you form

BLOODRITES IN THE SKY!
  • WAIT. So, if @pjbear2005 is making threats to @MonkeyPirate2002... and the sages are allied to @Derain2... and House Elta is allied to @AxNoodle... and the Striders are attacking @EmolgAn... who is also an ally of K'Thrillia...

Am I smelling a world war?
  • edited June 2019
    @HeroKP I wouldn't say "attacking", more "persuading"...
    The Striders' part in a world war would be to stop it.

I didn't think of that with my card. I was basing it off of the "Souls of Planes" cycle. I have changed it now, as with multiple colours it is less easy to use, and so deserves flying. I think.
  • @HeroKP
    And I will bide my time, and then pick off the last stragglers after the war. >:)
  • We won our freedom, long ago. We broke the emperor's hold and left him slain. All but Kosho, and even he did his part in the end. Some might even argue that his part was the greatest of them all.

This discussion has been closed.