Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    @LuckyLeopard665
    -Deserting Swordsman
    Mana isn't sacrificed. I think what you meant is "When Deserting Swordsman enters the battlefield, at the beginning of your next upkeep, sacrifice all permanents that produced mana spent to cast this spell."
    This causes memory issues. Players might forget which permanents are used to produce that mana.
    My suggestion is "When Deserting Swordsman enters the battlefield, sacrifice two lands." I would also make it {r}{r} 4/3. Haste, sacrificing lands aren't in white color pie, and 3/2 is too weak for that drawback.

-Shot in the Back
    Black does -N/-N to creatures rather than dealing damage, and green spells deal damage only to creatures with flying. I think the right color for this card is UR. Dealing damage is R, and making them unable to attack is U.
    The last part can simply say "Each creature dealt damage this way can't attack until your next turn."
    "Shot in the Back" sounds like instant spell to me. Personally I would make it {2}{u}{r} Instant, and reduce the damage from 6 to 3.
  • Ok, will consider those changes. Especially to Deserting Swordsman.
  • edited June 2019
    @LuckyLeopard665, I second @Tomigon's advice except with Black not dealing damage. Recently WotC has been printing black cards that deal damage, so I think Shot in the Back would still work.

I was inspired by @ThatOneCat's Summer of Invigoration, so I made my own cycle of Seasons. Each can play as powerful standalone engines, or they can be combined to form a Seasons deck. Thoughts on the cycle?

imageimage
    imageimage
  • edited June 2019
    Deserting Swordsman
    I'm pretty sure green cards are known for sacrificing lands @Tomigon.
  • @Temurzoa
    But when black deals damage, it also lets you gain that much life.

Those season cards are very cool!
    I know if an opponent put out their Season card, yours is sacrificed. But I think you need to think about when they don't have any season cards in their deck. Your season cards just become normal enchantments. I especially worry about the power of Frigid Winter. If you put many snow cards in your deck, Frigid Winter can let you draw 4 cards each of your upkeep. Evocative Autumn is also powerful. (And I think it should only return creature cards unless you add green to it.) Harsh Summer is the most balanced I think.

And some minor nitpicking..
    -There's no subtype in Spring.
    -"to" isn't in the text box on Autumn
    -"Put all Season cards revealed this way"
    -"the rest on the bottom of .."

I just got an idea. We can make a custom card type now, so-
    Seasonal Enchantment - Spring (or Summer, Autumn, Winter)

@LuckyLeopard665
    I think when green sacrifices lands, it lets you search lands afterwards. Some cards sacrifice lands and give you something other than mana, but those are old cards. I still think red is the right color. But I'm glad you took my suggestion and edited the card!
  • @Temurzoa I mostly like them! One thing is (3 out of four instances) they’re universal effects.
  • edited July 2019
    @LuckyLeopard665, Deserting Swordsman is nice, but has some color pie issues. Most notably, I don't see why White is part of its color identity at all. Also, haste is typically not given to green or white. For more information, check out Mark Rosewater's article on color pie mechanics:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/princess-of-frightful-frost-1
  • @Temurzoa - That's cool. Methinks the abilities should have required snow mana, but other than that, I like the card.

What are your thoughts (and prayers) on this one? Created for @Orzhova and for @murkletins's challenge in Cardsmith Camaraderie Discord forum.

• Let's make some noise!

• edited July 2019
    @TenebrisNemo I recognise that card! :D I'll be judging that contest in the next 24 hours so good luck to you!

Seeing as I like to make cardboard abominations, here's one for you. Try to guess what 40p (50c) card it's based on (from Magic 2013).

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/trading-post-of-futility

• edited July 2019
    And, more stupidity :D

And finally, a (serious) homage to one of my favourite cards (collected company):

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/corrupted-company
  • @Temurzoa I mostly like them! One thing is (3 out of four instances) they’re universal effects.
  • edited July 2019
    @Madstokie

Revenge of the clown shoes is overcosted, but I like the card.

Give me Corrupted company for my zombie deck

• @DARKSTEEL - I think I've seen the artwork from a real MTG card, but I can't remember its name. I'm not a big fan of using art from real MTG cards on custom ones. Everything else in the card seem interesting, though.

I want to know what people think about this one:

• I originally read this as "put the exiled card under your control." Once I realized what it actually said, I thought it's a really cool downside. Neat card in general.

what do you think of this monstrosity?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bhaman-head-of-wish?list=set&set=44125
  • edited July 2019
    Does the cost of this too much?

• @sanjaya666 Please read the rules before posting.

Same as the other "Post your cards" discussion except you must comment or favorite the card above yours to post your own.

Ignoring that, really weird card. I think you can keep it at its current cost but others might argue that it should be 4 mana. Pair it with blue and have a field day with Fact/Fiction.

Next Up

Comment on it or favorite it, then post up to two of your own cards!
  • edited July 2019
    @Damnation Thanks, I guess.

Also about the comment, guess I'm gonna say something about your card then instead.

Yea. That seems kinda busted if you have a board full of artifact creatures. But it's also a mythic so... I believe it's okay?
  • edited July 2019
    @Damnation
    The artwork and overall design don't feel quite at home in MtG to me. However, a big impactful red mythic artifact creature lord is cool. Energize seems simple enough and has fairly large design space, so bonus points there. You've already got some feedback, so I'm gonna leave this short.

Next Up:

Leave a fave or comment on this card then post up to two of your own!
  • edited July 2019
    @Faiths_Guide - I've already favorited the card, but it doesn't hurt to say that its design is smart. I also like to see cards with eye-catching names.

Here's two from me. I want to know what you think about them and the mechanic which I'm using in them:

image image
  • @TenebrisNemo, nice artwork!

I feel like the servant ability is out of place with both angels. They are leaders of their own faiths, and should be served to. I feel like this ability would fit better with Clerics, Thrulls, Humans, Goblins, etc. Otherwise, I love the ability!

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/councils-mercy
  • @Temurzoa - I like the overall theme which the name, artwork, and the effect puts together. Even though it might not save you most of the time, it's a well constructed card with an excellent artwork to boot!

Here's two more cards with the mechanic I've been working on, and I would like to know what you think about them:

image image
  • @TenebrisNemo
    Both cards look a little weak. There aren't so many creatures with power 3 or greater with cmc 2. You cast a 2/2 with servant in turn 3, then you cast a creature with greater power in turn 4. Turn 5 is the first turn that those creatures can serve a creature. It feels very slow.
  • @Tomigon - I see. At first those two were at CMC 2, but as I showed them to some people, they thought they were a bit too powerful and we decided it would be safer if they were at CMC 3.
  • @sanjaya666, Astral Cycle should be a Curse because it enchants a player. Otherwise it looks good.

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bedlam-incendiaries
  • @Temurzoa
    - Riot is already a keyword.
    - Bedlam Incendiaries has haste as long as you control three or more other red creatures. OR Bedlam Incendiaries has haste as long as you control four or more red creatures.
    - While the last ability is creative, I'm afraid of what kind of things you can pull with it.

Next:
  • @Temurzoa But Wheel of Sun and Moon isn't a curse. Technically speaking.
  • edited August 2019
    @Ilmarinen Cool card. Probably good in mono white or if you have mana fixers. Highly situational though.

Every anti mono red card is nice, in my opinion at least. If I've got overrun by creatures, I'll Settle the Wreckage instead of using that card, though.