Cardsmith Mythos

This is not strictly a Saga as far as the contest type goes, but it is story oriented and I want participation for some parts. For a summer course I am taking, I was asked to write a myth that attributed some group to some divine help in its formation. I wrote a myth about this community (obviously, I have no life). But I want to further expand the Pantheon.

I want to write more myths in a pseudo-history format of the site. I want people to tell me what they would be; god(dess), demon, or demigod. Then what your power would be over. This may result in some people being mythologically related to one another but let's ignore that.

The Pantheon thus far is
Agrta Drohaw: A creator deity who created the world and made a few prophecies.

N'nicownr: A god of nature who maintains balance in the world. Divine symbols include squirrel...

L'Kujiul: A storm god, who creates literal sparks of imagination.

Franya: A goddess of law and justice, who maintains a balance in the lives of mortals

Jironacse: A god of learning and ingenuity. The husband to Frayana and the patron god of philosophers.

K'trinop Eayem: The god of Sovereignity and creator of mortals. He functions with the idea that all should maintain itself.

Ashnir: The god of uncertainty and chaos. A trickster archetype who fooled other gods into allowing him to give the boon of magic to mortals.

Ntao: The goddess of cats and the subconscious. The younger sister to Megolna.

Megolna: The god of dogs and the conscious. Older brother to Ntao.

Blaung: The goddess of fun. Has an epithet named Forive, who embodies the natural seeking of enjoyment.

Srankai: A demon of temptation, primarily the temptations of gluttony, lust, and greed.

Glimgneph: A demon of order who viewed mortals wielding magic as a mistake. He seeks to destroy those who misuse magic and those who condone the misuse.

Fallax: A demon of deception who causes distrust between mortals and corrupts the thoughts of mortals and gods alike.

Help expand the Pantheon. A divine name must be an anagram of your username, or an incomplete anagram.

Comments

• All hail Browler, the Demigod king of the city of (whatever you have as a big city right now)
  • edited July 2019
    @Ranshi922
    My entry for myself, Mercy... would be the following...

Merse, of the Forsaken. Myself am a hearse driver born from a marriage between an Angel and a Demon. Myself tend to those that are lost in the afterlife and before in some cases. My goal is to prevent souls from becoming lost completely.

Myself am kind and gentle, non-intruding for the most part. As well as, one hell of a driver. XD

(Anime reference!? Maybe.)
  • edited July 2019
    Any art you use doesn't require the Hearse in the image, there isn't a lot of Hearse art to be honest. If you use my idea...
  • Akornael, Demigod of literal thinking and charity.
    Akornael is not strictly linked with the other immortals. (S)he takes the form of a white cat with blue eyes, or a puddle of white light.
    Most gaks are h(is/er) creations, mostly out of need to make an unnamed creature.
  • Redrewt, Transforming Duality
    Both male and female, light and dark, empathetic and apathetic; deity of binary divides and dualities. As an idea, but open to other interpretations.
  • Behold ... *sigh* ... Sebtasoth'Gul.

God of the unknown and of forbidden knowledge, Curator of the Infinite Vault, the library of the pantheon. His purpose is keeping safe all knowledge the gods have of the multiverse, be it from the past or the future. As such, he delivers prophecy content to the few mortal oracles that were selected by the pantheon council.

Once, he lent a couple of documents of eldritch content to Ashnir, who had gained his trust. The prankster god then promptly let them loose in the mortal world.

Learning that, Glimgneph punished Sebtasoth'Gul in such a way that he is now also the god of dishwashing.
  • @ASubtleGhost are all of the major gods on the counsel? (Context: I’m Ntao)
  • @ThatOneCat I haven't nominated anyone. Surely the big boss Agrta Drohaw is on it, anyone else is free to apply, I guess ? I mean, we're all litteral gods here. Everyone is important.
  • Guys... even gods have limits and from what I’m reading so far, many of y’all are getting “nerfed” in this...
  • "K'trinop Eayem has mysteriously disappeared from the coucils for eons now. Where have they gone?"

(Also would it be okay to change K'trinop Eayem from he/him to they/them?)
  • @ASubtleGhost, sorry about the dishwashing thing... being that Ashnir brings magic to mortals, and it is through the mortal use of it that Glimgneph is created, Ashnir is sorta kinda doubly responsible for the demotion... XD

@MonkeyPirate, yes. Also, they weren't actually part of the council, taking to watching over mortal affairs between nations.
  • @Ranshi922 Nah don't worry, Sebtasoth'Gul will be doing that for only a couple of eons, he keeps his original job. He learned the lesson though.

On a side note, how come Glimgneph condems the use of the same magic he was born from ? I mean, it's great mytho content, but what's his motive behind that ?

And by nerfs, you mean we're too powerful in a general sense ?
  • Well, gods are supposed to be specialized. They have certain domains of rule and the older can result in broader things.

The most powerful things that are going on are general creation things, which I already covered, and the general hacks that will form in divine intervention in mortals.

The thing about Glimgneph is that he is a being born from misuse and inspired by someone who hates it when things are done wrong. It just seemed right...
  • edited July 2019
    Idea for the gods and demons: All of them have a special type of planeswalker spark, which allows them to reach the entire multiverse. The spark is called a Godspark. The Godsparks have their own conscience.
  • Presenting Calinova, grixis aligned deity of freedom, power, and individuality. Cali was once a meager human, living in the slums of some city. Their greatest wish was to have power over themself. They made a deal with a powerful being, pledging their eternal servitude in exchange for power. They labored as an enforcer, retriever, and assassin for years, but they were not content. They killed their master, and inherited their power. They reveled in their freedom, and traveled the worlds, doing whatever the heck they wanted. Eventually, they decided to install themself as a minor deity. Calinova despises worship, and teaches that those who they have gifted with power should not waste their time thanking them, and should instead live their life to the fullest.
  • Kedgar'Ilsad, Bant god of Growth. He appreciates mortals in ways most gods cannot, seeking to live among them and learn. He doesn't buy into the idea of religion himself, and is unsure about his own orgins, knowing there must be more. That work? If not, I can fix it
  • @DrakeGladis, I completely forgot about my little pet project.

That'll probably work, but like all of these, I will be taking my own spin, so as to better interlock things and create the wonders of symbolism and whatnot.
  • ok. Let me know if you ever need any more assistance with this
  • Mind showing your work?
  • :3

Otaimo is the god of honorable combat and vengeance. Many see his methods as cruel, and don’t see eye to eye with him... though that could be because of his “eye for an eye” mentality. He believes those that have caused suffering upon others should pay, often with their life.
  • The mythology
  • Would you mind sharing it with the rest of us?
  • Share with us your myths!!!
  • @DrakeGladis, I will, when I have things sorted out. Life has been way too hectic, and the myths are still scattered notes. Give me time, & I will do my best to not disappoint!

A mass of writing flesh filled with agony, fear and despair. Sircude is a hulking mass constructed out of hundreds of grafted-on, half-digested bodies. He himself no longer remembers what he used to look like millenias ago, but in the end his hunger is only equalled by his madness.
  • I know the feeling. Rough eta would help improve my patience, as I love mythology, but no rush.
This discussion has been closed.