Planeswalker's Journey 2.5: The Return of the Return

Comments

• @MonkeyPirate2002

We are going to have so much fun with this! :D
  • edited July 2019
    @Ranshi992
    1) Can I use an old PW that wasn't a previous entry? Yes, the only restrictions for planeswalkers are mono-color, 2-4 CMC, and not a previous entry.
    2) How niche are you asking for? Just a general thing of what your planeswalker will be doing. Doesn't need to be super-specific, but don't make it too general.
    3) Will we be adding colors as rounds progress? Yes, like the other PWJs you will be given the choice to add colors in certain challenges

• edited July 2019
  • @WickedShadow196 the enchantment should say nontoken creature. Right now it infinite combos with any sac outlet.
  • Also, your first two cards cost too much. Max cmc is 3.
  • @Aggroman15, look at my post above.
  • @Ranshi922 What do you mean? I was answering your questions from your previous post.
  • Oh... I didn't see the second page...
  • @Aggroman15, would you by any chance favor a card from the good ol days when we collabed briefly?
  • @Ranshi922 Yeah, sure. What is it?
  • Alright then... the gimmick is going up to an 11!!!
  • edited July 2019
  • Say @Aggroman15 , when's the deadline?
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 All submissions must be in by tomorrow at midnight. The first challenge might not be up exactly at midnight, but it'll be close to that time.
  • My Planeswalker:
    (I don't know if it is niche enough though)

Uncommon:

Common:
    image image
  • edited July 2019
    A niche of bouncing and the glamor mechanic (and by extension enter and leave the battlefield effects). I can see a great many ways that this could go wrong for me, the primary one being the lack of artwork that I'm already encountering. Ah well, here we go:

• Wait... I need other cards...
  • edited July 2019
    @MemoryHead... I am disappointed... use these set symbols; they seem fitting.
    Phantom
    image image image image
    Common:
    https://i.imgur.com/xA2dZux.png
    Uncommon:
    https://i.imgur.com/k6PvjHD.png
    Rare:
    https://i.imgur.com/4XXSIbJ.png
    Mythic:
    https://i.imgur.com/RTBWwpf.png
  • @Ranshi922 Ooh, that's neat. Updated. Who were they made by? You?
  • I designed and drew a draft of it and Tomigon finalized it.
  • Alright! The first challenge will be up in just a bit!
  • @HeroKP @KorandAngels @Spookoops @Derain2 @Sanjaya666 @ASubtleGhost @EmolgAn @MonkeyPirate2002 @Ranshi922 @Vardrus @MemoryHead

It's finally time for the first challenge!

Week One Challenge: The New World

You have just arrived in this brand new world, with no idea where you are or what you are doing here. The only information you have available is what you see, hear, or smell around you. You need to find out where you are, and fast.

THE CHALLENGE:

Create a card that represents gathering information or exploring. This could be drawing cards, searching for lands, searching your deck, or any number of other things, depending on what makes sense for your character.

Statistics Update

You will be granted:

-1 Common slot (For a total of 3 including your default slots)
    -1 Uncommon slot (For a total of 2 including your default slots)

You do not, I repeat DO NOT have to use these slots for the challenge. You can save as many of them as you want, or use all of them. It's up to you. Just keep in mind that cards made for challenges have the potential for 2 extra points if they fit the challenge.

Also, @Derain2, @ASubtleGhost, and @Ranshi922, you guys have still not created any starting supporting cards, if you want to use those slots for that.

And with that, Good Luck, Have Fun, and Happy Cardsmithing!
  • IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!
  • imageimage

Story coming later
  • edited July 2019
    Zafik looked around, slightly confused. He focused on the feeling of déjà vu he had each time he found himself somewhere.

He needed precise information though. Sewing together a few errant time strands, he assembled a few elementals to peek around, and check what the surrounding land had in store.
  • @aggroman15 I'm a little bit confused about the virtue of these card slots? Are you saying we get bonus points if we use one of them to respond to the challenge?
  • @Derain2 If it's the same as the last one, you can either use them for random cards or use them for challenges, which give you more points. However, they carry between challenges so you can theoretically do very little for a while (with sufficient card quality that you don't become the lowest-scoring player) and then use a mass of slots all at once when you get a challenge that your character's niche is really good for or something.
  • @Aggroman15, I have a couple of things to ask:
    1) With the first round, is there an increase of cmc maximum?
    2) How many people will be eliminated in the first round?
    3) Will you join the CS discord such that communication my be sought in an easier fashion? I have provided the link below.
    https://discord.gg/YBe7dtm
    Probably should have made this the uncommon...
  • edited July 2019
    Rem decides to study his environment and do some experimentation to get a feel for the world's fauna.
This discussion has been closed.