COLONISERS: Season 3!!! (Colonisers of Krystel)

Comments

• 20 minutes left!
  • @MemoryHead They should've said something about that if they're away.
  • @MonkeyPirate I am going to be lenient here, actually. I am going to wait until it is thursday in every corner of the globe.
  • Wait, so that means you are gonna wait until Friday
  • It has been Thursday for 21 hours and 40 minutes here
  • edited July 2019
    @Axnoodle
    ha! I can figure out approximately where you live now!!!
    Any dimir agents near your house will not be real.
  • Well, I guess that's it. @pjbear2005, You've been gone for almost two weeks, and I'm afraid I've given you all the time I can. I hope that it's just personal stuff and that you're OK.

Call all your spirit doggos back from the skies, chase your soul back into your body, pack your spirit ocarina and HEAD HOME.

Everyone else, expect your map and challenge shortly
  • edited July 2019

TODAY'S KRYSTEL NEWS: @EmolgAn, that cheeky bugger! They dun' dun' done RELEASED THAT GOLEM THAT HELD THE ISLANDS, for reasons.

The church of cyni all evacuated, but the Striders took a heavy blow. All they have now is half of one island. The rest have been taken over by the sea golems once more.
  • Speaking of crazy projects, this week's challenge will be MAD ENDEAVOURS. Make me a card with the weirdest possible idea, and add it to the world!

Create an artifical island in the middle of the ocean! Make a statue the size of a mountain! Build a high-speed railway connecting you and your ally, or ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS A CRAZY PROJECT.

Deadline is next Thursday. Good luck, everyone!
  • Man, I've got so many cool crazy ideas it's going to be hard to pick just one. Another awesome challenge.
  • We have the pieces for a Fragment of our glorious K'Thrilia. However, we were unable to focus repairing the Fragment up to this point. We shall put the Fragment back together, and Salvation shall come ever closer for all.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002

Can't wait to see that on a card! :D
  • @Kandra127 Wait, are you a Dimir officer?
  • edited July 2019
    With power from the Eye and assistance from Jarkonailia, a great machine has nearly finished contraction. It is a machine capable of an ultimate polymorph, morphing creatures into Striders and showing them peace. May I present our crazy contraption:

(Might be useful against some aggressive golems...)
  • edited July 2019
    Construction is still underway, but we shall be complete very soon.

• (Also, as a side note, I changed the name of the second fragment as you can see above, but the editing function timed on the other comments, so I'll just post the fixed version of the cards here.)

Sprocket of Unity:

K'Thrilis, the Eternity Portal
  • edited July 2019
    @Derain2
    ". . .Very well. You make a valid point and request, and one I am open to accommodating. The, as you put it, Order of Vigilance shall be beholden to the local people that they serve and protect, to ensure fairness and proper justice in their actions so that they may best serve their roles as guardians. The last thing we need is chaos from an organization running amok on its own agenda with no checks or balances." Aishel smiles wryly.

(I, uh, couldn't think of a story relevant card for this one.)
  • edited July 2019
    "We need to take the light farther than we can go."
    "The darkness surrounds us."
    "Our light is restricted."

As time passed, anxiety began to spread among the capital town of the Flamebearers of Dusk as the residents grew fearful for what lay beyond their borders. "I've heard rumor of a beast called Dusksnare." "There are monsters that wait in the dark beyond our borders." These rumors and whispers gradually evolved into horror stories told at taverns when the night grew late. Something had to be done.

"I won't have our people living in fear while they reside in the safest part of our territory. Fear and worry only breeds paranoia and tyranny, like that of my late aunt Anesthylia. We must reassure them, even if it is with a false truth. They must know that our light is ever expanding, lest they continue to believe it is a candle waiting to be snuffed out."

"I may have a solution, my lady." A more recent addition to Aishel's inner circle of advisors speaks up. "If our utmost priority is for the light to spread, then why not let it do it itself?" He begins pacing the room. "Currently the spirits that aid us cannot survive long on their own without our assistance, but what if we could change that? I could design a vessel capable of responding to their desire to move that would still keep them safe and contained, allowing them to spread the light, without our assistance."

(Autonomous Lamp is my entry.)
  • @Lujikul

*lightbringer council all clap politely*
  • Crazy projects, eh? Well, I suppose Eiso's been recruiting some rather unique individuals lately:

On an unrelated note, I'm uncertain as to whether I trust @MonkeyPirate2002 or @AxNoodle less right now in terms of possessing and / or being in the middle of making doomsday machinery.
  • edited July 2019
    Entry:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/myrrh-celestial-way?list=user

Cyni want to create a rapid way to rally to go on the allied territory. But she wants to create some points for create outpost to stand guard on ennemies. Merren, one of them, is an example of one of this outpost. Myrrh rally up all outpost created and go to the outpost based on the Broken Cog's

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/merred-celestial-tower?list=user
  • Im almost crying that I wasn't here at the start. I really want to use my werewolves to do this. but, im not picking up the story.
  • @DrakeGladis

Save your werewolfs for Season 4. They'll be welcomed with open paws! :D
  • @Derain2 @kandra127

Only 24 hours left! Get a-crackin'!
  • I'm going to have spotty access to the internet for a while, so my posts my become less frequent, But I'll still try to make every deadline.
  • edited July 2019
    In House Elta’s inner chambers, two men and a woman gathered.
    “Fly?”
    Dame Almer smiled. Her aunt usually possessed a serene, detached demanor. A side effect, Dame Almer suspected, of sacrificing bits of yourself to a cruel and petty god over the course of three decades. But in this moment a wonderful symphony of surprise, sucpicion, and wonder played across Lady Elta’s face. In that moment, she looked human again.
    “Yes the leviathans once flew through the air as easily as they now swim through the sea,” Vorek said.
    “They told you this?” asked Lady Elta.
    “Yes.”
    “And you believe them?
    Dame ALmer and Vorek shared a glance.
    “Communion with the Vast is very… personal. I don’t belive they could lie to us even if they wanted to,” Said Dame Almer.
    “And you believe we can help them fly again?”
    “Yes. In exchange they would be willing to carry a supplies, and materials, and even people as we require.”
    “Could they assist in the evacuation of Pravor?”
    “Yes.”
    “What do they require?
    “You know the celestial lights, up to the north?”
    “I have never seen them personally, but I know of them, yes.”
    “Apparently it once flew much closer to the the surface. The Leviathans fed on its magical energies and used it to fly. When it retreated to to the heights of the north, they lost this ability.”
    “And how do you propose to address that problem?”
    “There is a mountain near the top of the world. The Celestial Lights flow righ through it. I will take a band of initiates and establish a monastery on that peak. From there we should be able to tap into the Celestial Lights and convey it to the Vast.”
    “You will do this personally?”
    “Yes.”
    Lady Elta considered this. Vorek’s role in saving everone from the storm had made him popular with a lot of people, but many others feared the strange new faith of the Vast he preached. Sending him him away on a mission would make a lot of people happy without angering his supporters. “Very well, you shall have whatever ships and supplies you will require. Good luck on your journey.”

“That went better than expected.”
    “Well your aunt trusts you. Besides I’m sure that some people think it’s worth the supplies and ships just to get rid of me.”
    “How long do you think you’ll be up there?”
    “I don’t know, at least two years.”
    “I’ll miss having you around.”
    “Well,” said Vorek, reaching towards Dame ALmer’s hand, “You know how to stay in touch.”
    Dame Almer pulled her hand away. “I don’t like doing that.”
    “I’m sorry, I’m just so use to communing with my acolytes, I didn’t think… Have you been having trouble? Since the ritual?”
    “No,” Dame Almer answered honestly. “I just… I spent a lot of time… crafting myself. A beautiful brave adventurious knight, just like in the story tales. That’s who I want to be, and that’s how I want people to see me. I don’t like the idea of that mask being pulled aside so easily.”
    “I understand. I won’t attempt commune with you again unless you ask me too.”
    “So are you taking the whole order?”
    “No. I’m leaving Norvin in charge of a small contingent to spread the word and perhaps earn a few more converts.”
    “Didn’t Norvin try to eat you?”
    “Only once.” Vorek smiled. “It was a temporary sideaffect from communing with the ancient storm. There have been no other incidents, and he is by far the most capable communioner in the order , so I would appreciate it if you kept that to yourself.”

New Cards

Second post to follow later tonight.

• edited July 2019
    Dame Almer smiled as yet another Leviathan swooped overhead. If people hoped that Vorek’s absence would diminish the Order of the Vast’s power and popularity, they were sorely mistaken. The streets and shores were full of spectators all coming to see these new flying guardians. In the docks, workers were industriously attaching huge harnesses to the leviathons and lashing it to dozens of ships. Boarding these ships were people from all walks of life. Farmers, merchants, soldiers, and craftsmen. Many of them were recent refugees and former slaves of Pravor, looking for a chance to make something from nothing.

Gasps rolled through the whole crowd when the first creature lurched into the air. The boat attached to it creeked… and lifted into the air. Cheers erupted as the ship rose higher and higher, and was soon joined by another. Dame Almer watched over the course of the day as each ship vanished into the horizon. In the same spirit that brought Dame Almer and her family into this plain, these new brave pilgrims have set sail for a new home.

Sadly I couldn't find any great art of flying whales carrying ships, but here we are.

With these ships we fly over the Frozen North, = to settle the isles once possessed by The Hive.
This discussion has been closed.