Planeswalker's Journey 2.5: The Return of the Return

Comments

• And now for cards.
  • Can I make lands for free? Or do they count towards my total?
  • @DrakeGladis I would have preferred if you had asked me before entering. I would have said yes, but it's still polite to ask. Anyways, nonbasic lands do count towards your card total.
  • I apologize. I didn't realize there was a protocol for entering these things. Thank you for allowing me to continue. A pity about the land.
  • @DrakeGladis Normally it would be fine, but it's almost the end of the first challenge, and I prefer to be notified of people joining late. No worries, though.
  • ATTENTION, PARTICIPANTS! THE NEXT CHALLENGE WILL BE GOING UP AROUND MIDNIGHT TONIGHT! GET YOUR CARDS IN BEFORE THEN!
  • When are the eliminations?
  • @ThatOneCat Eliminations will be announced at the same time as the challenge.
  • This night, you feel a strange presence at the place where you sleep. You fall asleep, and are transported into the dream realm. You see a snake made of strange glowing strands, and recognize it as the Spark Eater you saw when you first came here. You are not alone here, it says, there are others like you. They also have this suppressed ability, and will also be fighting to get to the tower. However, in the end, only one can go home.

Two of these others have been removed. 12 of you remain.
  • Now, it's time to share who has been sadly eliminated from the journey this week.

imageimage

Rem, Master of Matter ( @Ranshi922 ) and Peleas, Wild One ( @DrakeGladis ) have been eliminated and whisked to some random place on a random plane.

The main reason you were eliminated was probably because neither of you used any of your three starting card slots. Those are pretty important slots, and I would recommend using at least 2 of them. Anyways, I wish you luck in other contests and sagas, and feel free to continue following this journey if you so please!

The Standings

After eliminations, I will be showing the standings so that you can see how close you are to being eliminated, and how many slots you have left. In later challenges I will also show the standings as of the last elimination to showcase any change in the ranks.

The rankings as they currently stand (Points out of a possible 64. I tried my best to fairly grade all cards based on the criteria stated at the beginning):

(Rank: Username - Planeswalker - Points - Remaining Open Slots)
    1st: @ThatOneCat - Nai, Lost Artificer - 62 Points - No Slots
    2nd: @HeroKP - Bagej, Eternity Feeder - 61 Points - No Slots
    3rd: @EmolgAn - Mayora, Vigorous Blaze - 59 Points - No Slots
    4th: @Murkletins - Mercy, Beyond Blood - 56 Points - No Slots
    5th: @Spookoops - Lord Drakemor - 52 Points - 1 Common Slot
    6th: @MonkeyPirate2002 - M-P Mk. 2002 - 50 Points - 1 Common Slot
    7th: @Vardrus - Vardrus, Scion of Wrath - 49 Points - 1 Uncommon Slot
    8th: @Sanjaya666 - Vulganos, Exiled Shadow - 47 Points - 1 Common Slot
    9th: @KorandAngels - La'Ayiv, White One - 43 Points - 1 Uncommon Slot
    10th: @Red_Tower - Redrewt, Saberpunk - 40 Points - 1 Common and 1 Uncommon
    11th: @MemoryHead - Nico, Partyheart - 34 Points - 1 Common and 1 Uncommon
    12th: @ASubtleGhost - Zafik, Ghost of Past Ages - 31 Points - 2 Common and 1 Uncommon
    13th: @Ranshi922 - Rem, Master of Matter - 22 Points ELIMINATED
    14th: @DrakeGladis - Peleas, Wild One - 17 Points ELIMINATED

Anyways, without further ado, here is the next challenge!

Challenge 2: Destructive Demon

You have been traveling for a while without anything interesting happening, when from somewhere in a nearby cave, you hear the sound of huge, stomping footsteps. Out of the cave walks a large creature, and as the nearest living being, it focuses it's attention towards you. Planeswalkers from planes with this species will recognize it as a demon.

The Challenge

You must create a card to defeat this demon. This challenge boils down to a demon-killing removal spell.

Statistics Update

You will be granted:
    -1 more max CMC (Bringing your max to 4)
    -1 Rare slot

You do not, I repeat DO NOT have to use this slot for the challenge. You can save as many of them as you want, or use all of them. It's up to you. Just keep in mind that cards made for challenges have the potential for 2 extra points if they fit the challenge.

• edited July 2019
    @Aggroman15 Did you forget you had a demon competing, or did you realise I'd do this and allow it?

In all seriousness, though, do the rules allow me to do this?
  • Darn it. Was saving them up. Guess that it was a poor choice.
  • edited July 2019
    @HeroKP Someone did a gain control when this challenge came up in PWJ2, and it was fine, so I'll allow it.
    @DrakeGladis Saving up some slots is not a bad idea, but using more than just one slot out of 5 may have been a good plan.
  • edited July 2019
    @Aggroman15

>>

It was a particularly clear night as V was looking for a hiding place, namely in a hidden cave, as suddenly a large being with a pair of bat wings emerged from it and swiped its claw with a vicious screech.

If the shade was still an ordinary human with an ordinary armor, he would be torn in pieces. But luckily he wasn't. So the shade just tumbled across the ground until the momentum was gone.

Instead he just stood back up, and smirked internally.

'Just a savage pit spawn it seems.' Scoffed the shade.

As the the time passed, the savage demon slowly flew from its hiding spot, then it landed a good distance away from the shade and unleashed its roar.

'And it seems like I found something to cure for my boredom.'

Then the shade readied his battle stance as the feral demon charged towards him.

• I'm still gonna create cards for these. Voice instant save me?
  • Dammit. I forgot to do stuff.
  • @DrakeGladis You can make story cards, but you’re still out
  • Using the demon's destructive nature to lure it into a false sense of security and then using the opportunity to strike.
    Let me know if there are any issues with my entry. I'm also probably going to post a few story related cards in a bit.
  • The shade-like demon floats out of the cave, the footsteps coming from a small host of lesser demons. La'ayiv raised his sword at the demon, and it began to evaporate.
    The small demons ran off as they saw their leader destroyed, only to be evaporated the same way.
  • Just a quick announcement, I will be at a boy scout camp leaving tomorrow morning, and I won't be getting back until Saturday, so the next challenge will not be up until Saturday or Sunday.
  • I don't understand . My card of last week count for my uncommon slot ?
  • edited July 2019

Maybe a little story later.
  • @Aggroman15, did you want storyline with our submissions?
  • @spookoops He said it earlier in a comment; stories are not necessary and are not counted in judging.
  • @Aggroman15 (EDIT: Changed my card.)
  • Nai and his crew stopped to refuel in a cave. A large monster emerged, and all Nai thought was that it looked like a big aetherborn. He quickly drew forth a spell to either exterminate or control it. He didn’t even care at this point.

This discussion has been closed.