Bend those libraries and split em up! challenge (Judged)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, myself have been searching through sets on other custom MTG card/set creation sites. When myself hopped onto the well known Magic Set Editor forums and found some incredible sets.

So what are we on about exactly? The goal to this challenge is to make Archive cards that function as additional face up libraries. You're probably thinking, "You're insane!". Well my future plans are madder than a hatter, but those are yet to happen. At least this finally happened.

Before we get into the nitty gritty, read the following before glancing at the reference materials.

Due Date:
The due date for this contest is the 7th of August. Late entries will be accepted as long as we haven't finished judging. If you want a time extension, just post a message in the contest with how long you need that @'s myself, @murkletins.

Prizes: (If we get at least 10 entrants, the prizes will be doubled, other than follows.)
The top three posted entries' creators will each win the following...
- 1 month of premium subscription.
- A follow.
- 3 favorites on cards of yours you choose.

Rules:
1) The posted card must be an archive.
2) The posted card must function as an additional library.
2) No entry limit.
3) Old cards allowed.
4) Make sure to credit the creator of the artwork on your cards.

For references from where this card type and the keyword mechanic came from, look below;

Creator: herziquerzi
Set 1: Carpe Arcanum (CAC) - January, 2018 - Set Thread - MSEM
Set 2: Memorium Arcanum (MAC) - May, 2018 - Set Thread

Original mechanic...

Catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, put the top N cards of a library you own face up on top of this card as a new library. As this becomes empty, put it into its owner’s graveyard.)

Here are some of their takes on their own mechanic:
imageimageimageimageimage

Happy smithing everybody!

Comments

• edited July 2019
    Some examples of how you can reimagine the catalogue mechanic.

But feel free to make your own versions of the catalogue mechanic or make new mechanics that allow the archive to function as an additional library.

Eternal catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, put the top N cards of a library you own face up on top of this card as a new library. As this becomes empty, if you own it, you may return it to your hand. If you don’t, its owner shuffles it into one of their libraries.)

Endless catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, perform the process of revealing cards from the top of a library you own without endless catalogue until you reveal N cards, put those cards face up on top of this card as a new library, then put the rest of the revealed cards on the bottom of the library revealed from in a random order. As this becomes empty, perform the aforementioned process. If you can’t, put this archive into its owner’s graveyard.)

Endless nonland catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, perform the process of revealing cards from the top of a library you own without endless catalogue until you reveal N nonland cards, put those nonland cards face up on top of this card as a new library, then put the rest of the revealed cards on the bottom of the library revealed from in a random order. As this becomes empty, perform the aforementioned process. If you can’t, put this archive into its owner’s graveyard.)

Endless enemy catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, choose an opponent, perform the process of revealing cards from the top of the chosen player's original library until you reveal N cards, put those cards face up on top of this card as a new library, then put the rest of the revealed cards on the bottom of the library revealed from in a random order. As this becomes empty, perform the aforementioned process. If you can’t, put this archive into its owner’s graveyard.)

Undead catalogue N (As this enters the library zone, put N cards from your graveyard face up on top of this card in a random order as a new library. As long as this library is empty, you can’t draw from it.)

Undead creature catalogue (As this enters the library zone, put the each creature card from your graveyard face up on top of this card in a random order as a new library. As long as this library is empty, you can’t draw from it.)
  • edited July 2019
    [Never Mind]
  • @murkletins but... it was still on page 1!
  • @KorandAngels
    Just wanted to make sure someone sees it. Because often that doesn't matter.
  • edited August 2019
    (Set stitch is a link)

THANK GOD FOR TYLENOL!
  • @Ranshi922
    It isn't @murkletins' fault, the mechanic was designed by someone else, I'm just not a fan of this idea or execution personally.

Not trying to be condescending, just engaging in conversation since I've been MIA for a while now.
  • Well, it has been brought to my attention that cache is less serviceable, on account of it being able to be rearranged at any time. The rules that you can't look at the cards except for when rearranging is silly, because you can rearrange to have the same...
  • @Ranshi922
    Clearly there is a misconception here (especially since the reminder token card specifically states that you can look at them at any time). Feel free to PM for clarification.

Just so we're clear, you aren't the only one that's jumped to false conclusions. The mechanic, unfortunately, appears to be complex when, as it stands, it is quite simple.
  • So is the case with this, after 30 minutes and a Tylenol...
  • edited July 2019
    @Ranshi922
    I've PM'ed you so we don't keep cluttering @murkletins' discussion.

Sorry, @murkletins! I shouldn't have posted those cards here. They've been removed.
  • But what's is in Off-Topic and not in Contest and Challenges ?
  • @EmolgAn
    Oops, that's an error on my part. Will see if Corwinnn or myself can fix that later.
  • Never get mana screwed again maybe

• Oh heck... competition...
  • Friendly bump.
  • edited July 2019
  • edited July 2019
  • edited August 2019

• I'm not sure I fully undertand the mechanic. If it triggers when it enters the library, does that mean it triggers at the start of the game? Or do you have to send it to the library from somewhere else? If you have two librarys, do you choose which one to draw from? Or do you draw from both?
  • @Brainifyer
    You cast it just like a normal spell, then it moves to that zone upon resolving.

If you have multiple libraries, you choose which to draw/refer from.
  • @murklentins thank you very much!
  • edited August 2019

This discussion has been closed.