Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited August 2019
    @jpastor, can I have a box and can @ArinSka have one? (I am asking in their stead since they forgot.)

The name I want is "Noble Gas". (Please have the person have the same line of thinking as me.)
  • edited August 2019
    Welp. You caught me in a lichy mood. Looks like I filled a spot in the next modern set.

Challenge: Make a transforming card.

imageimage

@jpastor Okeh! I’m ready for another!
  • Ah, I would indeed like another mystery box.
  • M. Box Bitte?
  • @jpastor, box me, please.
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a nasty old Spider creature card:

@jpastor
    Another box for me! And as for the prize, I want you to favorite this card:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/harumi-landscape-painter
  • @jpastor

I've heard you sell boxes... Mind if I try one?
  • @jpastor Can I have a mystery box?
  • Green card, noncreature, normal rarity:https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/snipe-12
  • *Smashes mug* "Another!"
  • edited August 2019
    ANNOUNCEMENT
    Shout out to @spookoops for earning the Mystery Boxer Featured Card Winner for August

Mystery Box Prize List
    Please note that the Community Box prize list has no revealed prizes. The prize #'s are 0-142.

0. In your batch, no one will get their prizes, but everyone can create a card for as many of the challenges as they'd like. They must post all cards they decided to create before requesting their next box.
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. Two favorites of my choice -or- one of your choice
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10. Choose a name. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen name.
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. ?
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. ?
    20. ?
    21. ?
    22. ?
    23. ?
    24. ?
    25. ?
    26. ?
    27. ?
    28. ?
    29. ?
    30. ?
    31. ?
    32. ?
    33. ?
    34. ?
    35. Choose a color. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen color.
    36. Favorites on your two most recently created cards

37. ?
    38. ?
    39. ?
    40. ?
    41. ?
    42. ?
    43. ?
    44. ?
    45. ?
    46. ?
    47. ?
    48. ?
    49. ?
    50. ?
    51. ?
    52. ?
    53. ?
    54. Favorites on your three most recently created cards
    55. ?
    56. ?
    57. ?
    58. ?
    59. ?
    60. ?
    61. ?
    62. ?
    63. ?
    64. ?
    65. ?
    66. ?
    67. ?
    68. ?
    69. ?
    70. ?
    71. ?
    72. ?
    73. ?
    74. ?
    75. ?
    76. ?
    77. Reveal an unrevealed prize from either prize list
    78. ?
    79. ?
    80. ?
    81. ?
    82. ?
    83. ?
    84. ?
    85. ?
    86. ?

Mystery Boxes
    Remember that you can decline your prize to open the Community Mystery Box on for your next requested box.

@sorinjaceSo is your last entry basically, "Whenever a creature whose power and toughness aren't equal deals damage to you, destroy it"? Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: As chosen by Ranshi, create a card named "Noble Gas" that's an Equipment.

@Ranshi922 Great card! I thought you would like that challenge. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a [non-Human subtype] + [soldier].

@Tommia Nice work on your last entry. Your mystery box contains:
    - #54 Favorites on your 3 most recently created cards.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with a kicker or multikicker.

@ArinSka I enjoyed your last card. The art falls in line with the inspiration for the Darkest Day challenge. I pulled the name from a track on the Independence Day soundtrack. Your mystery box contains:
    - #36 Favorites on your 2 most recently created cards.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with base power and/or toughness greater than its converted mana cost.

@spookoops Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a quote in the flavor text.

@Ilmarinen Nice spider.. I mean nasty spider. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a noncreature card that creates creature tokens.

@AlexWright Your mystery box contains:
    - #35 Choose a color. One box at random from the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen color.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's a Contraption.

@shadow123 My dude, going back all the way to Page 59, you have an unconquered Mystery Box challenge. Here's your original challenge: Create a creature with Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)

@DrakeGladis Cheers to not getting #0 again. Your mystery box contains:
    - #77 Reveal an unrevealed Mystery Box or Community Box prize from the prize list.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's artwork's main color or colors don't match the card's color. For example
  • My need to fill more spots in the next Modern set is itching...
  • @jpastor I would like a mystery box!
  • @jpastor I'd like a mystery box!
  • Oof no reward still.
  • I will take one @jpastor

The aspect I intentionally made dynamic to be sort of like Goyf, but I like your idea of splitting them up too. It could be a neat uncommon cycle that encourages certain strategies.
  • edited August 2019
    @jpastor exactly! :)

(I'll edit the card to say the rules the way you asked instead.)
  • Obviously I can’t make a normal entry, so...

(Note: This card is cheeky)

Anyways, I’m ready for the next batch of boxes.
  • @EnvyReaper Your mystery box contains:
    - #15 Two favorites of my choice should you choose to accept them.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with an activated ability that uses Phyrexian mana. (Can be paid with either mana or life.)

@SteampunkDragon Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that mentions Benalia in its flavor text.

@fiskerton Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card themed after a song.

@Tommia Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with "song" in its name.
  • edited August 2019
    @jpastor sorry! I forgot about that. Here's the card.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/eternal-tormentor

Can you please fave Eternal Tormentor and can you fave 4 cards from @Ranshi922's collection?

Edit: Can I have another mystery box?
  • @jpastor, sorry I took so long. Can I have another?
  • @jpastor I can do song in the name, but if you don’t mind, can I use ballad instead? It would work better flavor wise for the card I’m making.
  • @Ranshi922 @jpastor

This was the original mystery box:

Aryanf's Hugs: You get 1 fave of your choice + 4 Hugs (Four faves donated to another cardsmith. Just name the cardsmith and I will provide the faves.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)

@jpastor can I have another, please?
  • @SteampunkDragon That card looks more Innistrad.
  • @KorandAngels I dunno, Dominaria's whole thing is that it keeps getting screwed over time and time again. I think this card fits the bill pretty well.
  • @jpastor I'd take a mystery box
This discussion has been closed.