COLONISERS: Season 4!!! (Colonisers of Turmoil)

Comments

• Wow. Did I just wright that? I didn't even make my real entry.
  • @KorandAngels

I would recommend you redo that card
  • edited September 2019
    @EnvyReaper it isn't for anything, it's just a card to show an idea that was put into action but not very good. I know it's probably not well made.
  • Ohhhhh, alright then, so you aren't submitting this?
  • No
    (But pay attention to the poem. I like the poem.)
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/bait-5
    Here's my entry.

As the dragon come forth, they are surprised to find a single zombie, a lowly foot solider awaiting them. They converge on him, as he appears to be a rather plump and tasty morsel. Suddenly, their appetiser grows, swells into a monstrous giant of a creature. He crushes a dragon in his fingers, and stomps on another. The zombie rampages, killing dragons left and right. Finally, when all but one of the dragons remain, he whips out a knife and fork. The last dragon is confused. What could this gigantic zombie be doing? He finds out soon enough. The zombie knocks him unconscious, puts him on a rather large clean stone (a gigantic dinner plate?), and starts cutting him into bite-sized pieces. After a rather pleasant meal of dragon, the zombie burps, grunts, then wanders off to find the rest of the horde.

We will use your new warriors to lead the charge, and my old warrior to melt down the enemies and make them our covenant. The resources of this plane will make much use in our new plan.

• Old Champion is my entry
  • edited September 2019
    Phelthik twitched with anxiety. After his conversion, what, a year ago? A month? A decade? It didn't matter. After the conversion, he had never met with High Prophet Hastyr alone, only catching glimpses of his savage glory through the raging crowd during his great preachings. As he weft his way through the dense latticework of Revelahk's tunnels, now anchored on the side of an impressive mountain, he felt his heart thud beneath his discolored chest. What if the High Prophet was displeased with him. The awful feeling resurfaced as he recalled the terrifying stories. Body parts warped into nothing, eyes turned to dust, hearts skewered and ripped apart.

He relaxed himself, moving deeper still. The fleshy walls comforted him, breathing, like being inside of a living organism. High Prophet Hastyr was wise beyond measure, and would clearly see Phelthik's slaving devotion. He came to the cavernous maw-like cavern that marked the entrance to Hastyr's cove. Without hesitating, fearing repercussions for even the slightest signs of fear, he pushed onward.

There he was, in all his shining beauty, tall like a house, a stunning mass of writhing flesh and eldritch magics draped in ghostly, ethereal, yellow robes. Hastyr did not turn. He had been staring directly where Phelthik had appeared already.

"My child," his words echoed in Phelthik's mind, burning themselves into his consciousness. "I trust you bring me good tidings."

"Yes, Father Hastyr." The thrall spoke defiantly. "The Ancient Council has conferred. They agree with your proposal. The hellkites must be dealt with, no matter what the cost."

"Of course they do, my child." Hastyr boomed into his mind. "Then we may as well begin." And with that, the ghostly, gorgeous monster that stood before him turned, waved one of his many hands, and sent blood pouring into the runes spread out around him. The corrupted blood pooled in complex patterns, in the end refracting around an interlocking device in which laid a pile of grey dust. The High Prophet turned. "You might want to look away, my child."

"W-why? What is this?" Dared Phelthik, regretting the words as soon as they left his mouth. But Hastyr simply turned back, just for a moment.

"My child, we are sending the mountains to ash. And with them, the dragons will fall." He paused. "This is our land. We do what we wish with it.

"And where will we go?"

The High Prophet smiled a twisted smile, teeth appearing all over his body. "Below." He simply said.

And with that, Phelthik turned away, hearing harsh words of ancient magic, a flash of red light, and then a wave of soft blackness. It engulfed him. It happened slowly and quickly at once. He couldn't see. Then move. Then breathe.

He never got to turn back.

EDIT: Fixed card
  • All entries pretty noice so far!
  • edited September 2019

The Rangers, usually explorers of conquest, do know when they are outnumbered. Seeing the sheer volume of the Gargoyles that fly the gulf, Jack and company do their best to befriend the gargoyle horde. If at best they can become indifferent, it will save the colony from extermination and possibly protect them if not further there expansion.
  • "Your majesty" Alon addresses the spider king, although he is not in the temple.
    "Yes, Alon. I hear you." Says the king, who's voice comes from everywhere. "I cannot talk to you here. I know a holy place. A canyon. You will learn there."
    The pilgrimage was short, the canyon was nearby (Only very hidden.)
    "Alon. You know what to do." The King of webs' voice was louder here.
    image(Lore)
  • Vsi-Tharah stood overlooking the coast she could still see the coiling serpent below it's surface. It was jut three days ago that the Clans had set sail upon the seas, only for the leviathan consume the three ships leaving nothing but wreckage and blood. Now any attempts to set sail had been blocked off by the serpent.

"Marked-One!" a voice called out pulling Vsi out of her thoughts. "The Exiled Hunter has returned with news!". Vsi-Tharah turned around to face the messenger, a young warrior from the Tho Village in the mountians "He says that you needed to see it immdeiatly!". Vsi sighed it had been a long time since The Hunter had come back she wasn't even sure that he had come to Turmoil with them.

"Well then, Let's go see him" she said walking down to the village.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Vsi-Tharah walked into the center of the Clan's capitol ,Foothold Crest, she saw The Exiled Hunter sitting in the center around the firepit he looked up to meet her gaze "Good to see you Sister"

(Lore Card)

"Crev" the Marked-One responded "Good to see you made it across the planes I thought you would have stayed behind."

"No, I came" The hunter responded "How could I resist the chance for a new hunt"

"It's hard to believe that you would take a break in a hunt to come to the village", "So what is it that you need?"

"Well I heard you were having trouble in with an oversized water snake and I'm here to help!" Crev said standing up, turns out this plane is brimming with dragons and I've managed to find something special!"

Before Vsi-Tharah could interrupt him she heard a loud roar from the edge of the village all of the guards turned to see a group of Clan Ren members riding in with horse sized blue dragons next to them.

"I found their nest abandoned, I think something killed their mother!" Crev said smiling at her surprise "I fed them and they started following me they remind of the drakes from back home!" "There were at least ten of them that I left with Clan Ren, If you are cut of in the sea might as well have pets that can help you travel by air!"

Vsi-Tharah smiled and turned to the Clan Tho guard "Go and get the strongest riders we have from your village!", he nodded and ran off. "We will start training and feeding the dragonlings tonight!"

(This is my entry)

So basically Clan Nelthoren begins trains the orphaned dragonlings to fly in order to avoid the sea dragon.

• edited September 2019
    Three unique members of the colony vonlunteer for the plan.
    (So, the hydrae get deathtouched.)
    (Webfolk's Actions is my entry)

• edited September 2019
    @HeroKP yeet. I'm here. I'm alive.

Hey @IzItTru, want to work together to submit cards that complement one another. If that's fine to that given we're allied n' everything.
  • @SammySammyson since I already submitted for this challenge I think I’m gonna keep it but if we are both in the next one then we should try to do that.
  • Roughly 46 hours left!

Get your card in unless you want your head on a chopping block!
  • @HeroKP to clarify, what is happening with my card is that the Children of Ruin are destroying the dragons' habitat and descending into the caves and catacombs of the mountains to avoid the blast.
  • @SteampunkDragon

Great! Are you going to make tunnels *under the sea*?
  • "Serise, we have a slight issue."

"I believe 'slight' may be an understatement, Chulane. The winged beasts are pestering the crew at our every move."

"So you are already aware of the situation, then. How should we combat them?"

Serise sips her tea before setting both the cup and its saucer down on her desk. "We will need to employ the first of the six Celestial Mights."

Chulane sputters as he scrambles to piece together a sentence, barely able to believe what he heard. "You must be joking! Expose our hand so soon? Once the others become aware surely they will cease to trust us!"

"You must calm yourself, Chulane. The others who have arrived here are similar in power to us. There is nothing to fear from them. For now, our most important issue is the beasts flying overhead. Prepare our countermeasures as soon as possible."

"...I understand. But Serise?"

"Yes?"

"Don't be upset later when the skies smell of burning flesh."

• Yes, that great beast of the sky
    Is surely worth a Tale.
    But how about one of greater use,
    Of Mastery of the Skies?

• @HeroKP maybe something even more nefarious...
  • @Vardrus @ThatOneCat @SammySammyson @Mtg_Sappy

you better watch out,

yOu bEtTeR wAtCh oUt,

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT,

Ÿ̶̧̨̛̪̖̝̱̰͇̜̯́̈́̈́̈́̚͝O̶͕̲͉̱̯̝̱̱̣̪̔͒̑̌͌̋́͒̀̌̽̚͘͘͠Ű̷̡̠̯̥̘̙͍͎̘̠̅ͅͅ ̶̢̬̗̲̯̈́͋̍̌͌͑̀̉̏̈͝B̵̘̹̗̬̐̈́E̷̢̨̖͎͓͍̱͕͇̯̻̰̘̾̇̑̏̀̽̑͘͜͝͝T̶̡̰̦̻̳̈́̇͂̑̾̆͑̈́̓̏̕T̶̢̧͕̜̭̙͍̻̫͉͇̋̒̽Ẽ̴͓̌̌̿̿̕͠͝Ṙ̸̨̢͍͈̝̙͈̲̭̟̝͉̦͙̗̿̉́͑̇̒͐͌͒̕ ̵̦͖̃͑͌̔͘̚Ẉ̶̮̙̤̆̑͐͂͂Ǎ̸̧̢͍̻̜̫̝̗͉̱͈̪̻͓͍̿̎̂̈́̀̉̓͆̑͑̀̀T̴̢̢͉̤̜̩͓͕̠̫̫̖̜̏̔̊̒͋̑͘͠C̵̢̩͍̠̻͔͚͉̦̮͖͎̓̏̀̌͠Ḥ̵̨̭̣̜̙̙̟͎̞̐͂̀ ̶͋̎͊̀͋̓́̿̒̑͒͘̚͠ͅO̸̰̮̰͚̲͇̦͕̘͛͌̔̉́͝U̷̮̬̞̲̟̘̜̺͇̍̔̃̈́̇̐̈́̐͘Ţ̴͖͙̹̯̘̀̈́̉̈̓̂͘͝

Luna and Ren saw the massive dragon first, before the rest of the astrals. They knew what to do. They ordered an emergency evacuation into their massive blockading ship, to escape.

On board, the Dragon began lurching at them. They organized the ships halting rays to ho,d the Dragon in place, then used their technology to secure it. It kept getting out and they kept re-securing it. This broadcast was recently sent out.

“Help! Help! We’re holding off a massive dragon! Send help! Please!”

As they continue to battle the dragon, this is sent all across the plane.
  • Phew, made it
  • edited September 2019
    While the spirits indeed have the possibility of combat, they choose to simply erase the hideous creature from existence. A body with no soul only lets them experience what they have lost as spirits.

Thus, when they saw the zombie dragon, they were overcome with sadness and anger over their misery. One of them chose to sacrifice their memories to remove the dragon from the sights of their comrades.

• edited September 2019
    @Vardrus

Step 1: Make a Mardu Hellbent deck
    Step 2: Put this in
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

Really cool card! :)
  • A SMIDGEN LESS THAN 3 HOURS LEFT!
This discussion has been closed.