Lakas' Desolation

Comments

• I've got these ones so far, huzzah! I can do the rest tonight after school. :D

@Bowler218 (easy)

The Dairi have suffered minor casualties from a recent ambush. Unfortunately, infection has spread rapidly among those injured. One member of the Dairi has already been killed by it, and it burst upon its host's death, releasing spores to infect others.

How will the traveling Dairi address this?

@ASubtleGhost (hard)

The Triarchs' recent encounter with vivid nightmares that manifested themselves into reality may have left them a little spooked (that is, of course, up to you). Today, however, it appears the last one has sparked up yet again. The third Triarch's core appears to come online for short bursts of time (less than a tenth of a second each) every once in a while, and whenever this happens, a handful of systems across the faction blink offline or otherwise fail for that period of time, and the duration is, on average, trending toward longer outages.

The two Triarchs probably need to address this in some manner...

@spookoops (challenging)

Zunesha has interesting plans. With the island phased out of existence, its inhabitants live in what seems to be...nothing. The island is lit up in all areas, regardless of any artificial light sources. Voices echo in the heads of the Zuneshans. Enticing voices. Soft voices. Sweet voices. Corrupting voices. They call to them, begging them to become beautiful biological beings alongside...whatever the voices are. Together, they are told, they can create a reality of nothing but perfection, where beauty is not in the eye of the beholder.

How will they address this? This will be a two-parter; a card is required for at least one of the responses.
  • edited August 2019
    I am preparing creatures to defend the Maviol. One of each Maviol color, of course.
  • I ended up having to make one multicolored, so you get four crettures.

imageimageimageimage

@SammySammyson Don’t know if I requested one yet, but using the new rating system I’ll take a challenging challenge... bleh.

Challenging challenges are challengingly challenging challenges to challenge.
  • In order to prepare defenses, the Emperor uses his popularity, which is surprisingly high, to rally his people. In order for their families to be protected, the people join the fight.

However, as he knows that there are still those sceptical due to the recent events, he calls upon the god Izohri and opens the temple even to the commoners.

As an additional defense, he gathers the barrier mages of his empire to create a massive barrier in case it is needed.

• Assaya has decided to seal all entrances to Lakas, as it has proven to be a plane too dangerous to be connected to any longer. However, the sealing process will take weeks, if not months, to complete successfully. For that reason she has decided to drastically the Infinite Aethenaeum's defensive capabilities by creating golems out of the multitude of books.

• Extending submission time for personal challenges (not the weekly challenge) to Wednesday since I can't seem to not be busy enough to post this for y'all at a decent time.

REMINDER: Less than 3 hours until submissions for the active challenge close!

@HeroKP (hard)

This is it. It's all or nothing. The bugs are going to face the greatest challenge - alongside the rest of the plane - they have ever faced. It won't be easy, but the amount of sheer power they could be granted if they gain control of the (or rather, create their own) monsters as planned...but it will come at a great price...

The Highbugs have found that some of their subordinates have begun to reject orders. That's absurd! Volug's pull alone should keep them in line, and yet some refuse authority! To add to it, some of them have begun to grow far more than they should. Their legs, however, are shrinking.

It's quite obvious what the Desolate is trying to do here. It's focusing large amounts of its resources to take down its biggest threat. Of course, this means the failure of this large-scale operation could mean stoppings the Desolate's plans dead in its tracks...

The challenge? Whatever basically! Get to the bottom of it, take advantage of it, whatever the bugs would do in this rather odd situation.

@DrakeGladis AND @Tommia (challenging)

With the new allyship between the Maviol, everyone finds themselves at an odd sort of peace. It's known very well by now that the plane of Lakas is changing for the worse, and yet they feel...relaxed. Even the Maviol appear to be unphased by the dark forces at work. Leadership has likely started to become unsettled by this, and attempts to get the public or military on guard fail left and right.

It seems as though, suddenly, not a soul believes what is coming.

The challenge for both of you is to figure out what the heck to do 'bout this!

@MonkeyPirate2002 AND @Vardrus (challenging)

As if on cue, after the rallies and cries from the people, Duritirum has found that the Desolate has managed to push itself within only a few kilometers of the empire's border. Observation towers on the edge of the empire reported this a few days ago, but word (of course) took time to reach the empire's beloved capital.

Further, it seems as though not only is the Desolate pushing its way to the heart of Lakas, but physically shrinking the plane, its edges crumbling and projecting outward to...who knows where? This shrinking has warped the physical distances between some locations, and the Athenaeum is now on the edge of Duritirum's view, seemingly overnight.

In the midst of all this, an old shadow has fallen over the plane - literally. The shadow is something creeping...distorting everything around it. Tendrils slowly move, their shadows following suit. There isn't a clear figure in the sky, but there's a clear presence that seeks nothing but to destroy.

Another interaction, huzzah! Y'all know the rules. Don't kill important figureheads, don't god-play, don't "haha i took down ur entire city haha" or anything like that (without the consent of the other individual). If you attempt to, they reserve the right to counter that by any reasonable means. Huzzah, have fun!
  • edited September 2019
    I'll issue bonus points (one each) to anyone who messages me (and correctly guesses) what they think is causing...all of this.

If I missed anyone seeking challenges, let me know. I think I covered all of the requests, however.
  • edited September 2019
    The conference of the highbugs is held. They speak to each other with agitated clicks. Day and night they speak, days grow into a weeks, but after a time of brainstorming, they get an idea. They'll deal with these defecting bugs later, but for now, they need to ensure the loyalty of the coming generation.

Volug taps the magic stone in front of him. He leans, and makes a series of clicks, meaning "Is this thing on?". Bubbles rising in the incubation capsules confirm that the not-yet-hatched bugs within are listening. Volug takes a deep breath, and telepaths a song into their minds.

[Rj'kqueh] is pronounced [Razhkoo]

"Rj'kqueh...
    So good and true...
    A paradise
    Of a million legs
    And a million eyes

Awake
    Not fish or snake
    But bugs
    A home for all the dregs
    And all the slugs!

All of you
    The generation new
    Bend your knee
    And then how great
    We'll be!..."

Volug detects an awakening inside the larvae... They understand perfectly. They understand what perfect world they can build together. Some hatch then and there, others still lie, but all are imbued with a sense of purpose. They will resist the pull. (card to represent this coming soon)
  • edited September 2019

Grow, my pretties!
  • Now that the loyalty of every bug is secured, then the leaders say let nature take its course. If some of the bugs wish to take shapes of wurms, as long as their allegiance is with other bugs, then they can go ahead.

After all, diversity is the Hive's greatest quality.
  • Ok. So.
    Chaemar: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/chaemar-alpha-of-the-packs?list=set&set=44598
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/inspiring-speechifying
    "Chaemar, we need to talk." Queen Rhysmerea approached him alone. "Do you remember the psychic attack? Well, I've been...seeing things out of the corner of my eye. They look like the beast from the fog. I think-" She steels herself. "I think that we will have a war."
    "I know what you mean." Alpha Chaemar's voice rumbles softly. "Is it my turn to take control?"
    "Yes."
    (one day later, in front of a throng of people)
    "Citizens of Beria, we have reason to believe that war lies on the horizon. Many of us saw what was hidden in the fog the day we met the Maviol, and know that this is our enemy. But also, the Empire of Duratim readies itself for war, one which we have seen on the horizon and hoped would pass us by. We do not know for sure that we are the target, but we must be prepared for the worst.
    "As per the treaty that was worked out between our peoples, I will take charge in this time, when war looms on the horizon. However, I look forward to the day when I can hand over the diplomatic reins to our queen, Rhysmerea, the day when war no longer threatens.
    "The threat of war is horrifying, especially so soon after our previous strife. Many will not want to take up weapons again. I understand and sympathize, however, we need our warriors to protect our way of life. No citizen is exempt from the threat so no citizen should attempt to sit out this threat. As for the refugees, we understand that this is not your nation, but we request your aid too in this time. ( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/courageous-civilian?list=set&set=44598 )Whether it is providing supplies or participating in a more direct fashion, we are grateful.
    "In my role as Alpha, it is my job to lead.( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/lead-by-example-7 )I shall personally lead our troops in event of a battle, however, we shall not be the agressors in this war. We shall not be the first to strike. Our lands are easily the most defensible around. Rather than a pitched battle, in which our enemies numbers and size would prove to be an advantage, we shall wage a war of attrition. The land is on our side( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/overgrown-undergrowth?list=set&set=44598 , https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/barrier-cliffs?list=set&set=44598 , and https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mountaintop-citidale?list=set&set=44598 ); it will not tolerate invaders.
    "In preparation, we shall start combining our patrols to take advantage of the capabilities of both races. ( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/joint-patrol?list=set&set=44598 ) Now is time to put old predjudices aside and work together to defeat the oncoming threat. Along with patrols, we will constantly have lookouts on the edges of our borders, never leaving ourselves unprotected. ( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/lone-lookout?list=set&set=44598 ) We will learn new skills, so as to be prepared for any eventuality. ( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/target-practice-4?list=set&set=44598 )
    (this is just my first move set)
  • (Sorry about the timing)
  • edited September 2019
    @SammySammyson

As the Zuneshans prepare for the challenges that lie ahead, the voices, visions, dreams... or whatever they are, grow more intense with time. Jaeger is at first hesitant, but after a short council with his lieutenants, he realizes there might not be a possibility to defeat these Desolate. He, reluctantly, sees where these dreams will take him and how far he must go to achieve ultimate victory.
  • And I will request another challenge personal. However, I need to post the rest of my responses to the other challenge.
  • A couple of days after receiving the bells from the Maviol and his speech, Chaemar was in his room, pacing. However brave he seemed to his people, he doubted that his measures would be enough. The creature from the fog was still looming in his mind, menacing him in his dreams. Each time, he would dismiss them, but they persisted. When Hegwin entered the room, what he saw was not a happy alpha.
    "Chaemar, you look worried."
    Chaemar glanced up. "Indeed, old friend. The night when we met the Maviol is still fresh on my mind."
    A small smile crept across Hegwin's lips. "I might have something that will help chase the blues from your face."
    "Oh? Pray tell."
    "Well, you know Nahri, my apperentice? I was grading his strategy papers today, and he had been doing awful. Apparently, he had caught genital mites after he and Brena( https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/brena-daughter-of-chaemar?list=set&set=44598 ) had celebrated spring together. Which was about a week before this. Anyway, the poor kid could hardly stand still. I gave him some lye soap and told him to go wash himself to get rid of them, and then also assigned him to come up with a viable new way to attack an opponent as a remedial exercise. His response, and here I quote. "If we could only weaponize these, we would win the whole damn war!""
    At this, Chaemar chuckled. Pretty much every werewolf went through something similar, and lye soap was the only way to get rid of the mites.
    "That isn't even the best part. At first, I took it as typical teen sarcasam, but the idea kept nagging at me. So I decided to try it. And it works!"
    Chaemar's mouth dropped open. Hegwin looked about to burst with glee.
    "You're kidding!"
    "No, not at all. I even field tested it. According to my sources, the Emporer of Duratim himself is scratching. You know how often they bathe, so he's probably never getting rid of them! With a little work, they could actually be used to win the war!"
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/plauge-of-mites
  • The Maviol will pretend they didn't hear that.
  • Hear what? You guys wash as well, right?
  • We are water.
  • So no problem, right
    What appears to be the issue here?
  • Seriously @Tommia , what is wrong?
  • edited September 2019
    We don't want people jumping in our summoning pools. Then we'll get mites when we use them.

On a serious note, I laughed my face off.
  • If you love it, put a ring on it! And don't worry. They won't leave unless it is with lye soap, and then they are dead.
  • The mites, not the people using the soap.
  • Sorry. My life’s been really cluttered lately, I think I’m dropping out.
  • Noooooooooooo….…………….
  • I HAVE RETURNED

Am big sick so I've been checked out. Rest in peace @ThatOneCat :( Good luck in sorting everything out!
  • Plan over the next several days:

1. Rank submissions. Duh.
    2. Give the weekly report. (Biweekly this time! Better than monthly...)
    3. Issue a new challenge, nyoom!
  • Imma have to drop out, I have al lot going on and I want to focus more on school and the Stitia saga.
  • I’m going to drop out too
This discussion has been closed.