Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• How long do I wait for my next challenge?
  • @DrakeGladis I might not be able to get anything significant out until tomorrow, since Sunday is EDH night at the game store, plus I need to shower before I go
  • Ok. Good luck. Also, I looked up the colors, and they are usually sorcery's in the five to six cmc range, but I figured that what I was doing was making it less powerful because if you pay only three mana, you can only swing with the one guy. Make it five mana, and you can swing with three. After that, it is kind of a bad deal. You can't get any glass cannons out with that because they will die after one shot. And the buff might have been excess, but I didn't want it to be the same, or even too similar to other cards. Looking back, I should have made it a -1/-1 instead of the deal one damage. That would represent the injured state of the fighters. With that modification in mind, would my score have changed?
  • @DrakeGladis Yeah. There's nothing significantly wrong with the card. I’m just trying to make judging a bit harsher from here on out (since damage is enabled)
  • So if it might be op, drop it a notch. Gotcha
  • edited September 2019
    @sanjaya666 @Aggroman15 As one of you have taken too long to respond, the scenario is being auto resolved...

The evil doppelgänger gets back up, readying to strike Niyan. Puzzled, he doesn’t know what to do. This was highly unusual for the ace detective; he may not have any inherent magical prowess, but he has dealt with magic before. His loss for actions gets the best of him, as an injured parallel strikes Niyan with a mighty slash. One of his newfound wings is cleaved off by the attack, and he is hurt.

“You are learning quite well, young kitten. You are powerless to stop me, so... why even bother?”

Despite the massive power boost from Arne’s blessing, Niyan is powerless as he is forced to defend himself from blow after savage blow, each taking a little more of him away. Niyan isn’t used to protecting himself from such abuse. He tires from the onslaught and runs out of breath. The parallel’s last attack causes him to collapse, too exhausted to continue the fight..........

The parallel has no one to stop him. Arne is unconscious. Rafael is unable to move. Niyan can’t stand to fight any longer. All hope is lost as he closes in on Arne, and prepares to strike. He turns him over, and with a mighty bite, bones break, and Arne is defenseless as his parallel, a twisted version of himself, takes his life. And yet, unlike anyone thought would happen, this does not cause a paradox. Instead. Arne just disappears into a light and fades away, a great pool of blood left from his wounds...

The remaining Arne laughs maniacally. “The cycle... it’s over... and now, so will your lives be over...”

Arne approaches Rafael in his human form, and the parallel of Niyan follows suit, brandishing his knife to grab the real Niyan. Arne grabs Rafael by his neck, and the parallel of Niyan digs a claw into a pressure point, disabling his real counterpart.

A... pressure point... that’s it!

Niyan suddenly begins to glow in a white light as two claws, aimed straight, pierce straight into the parallel he faces. A surge of blue mana runs through the parallel’s body as they fall down, paralyzed, and Niyan rises with a newfound resolve.

“Heh. Child’s play! How about you face a man?!” Noticing Niyan’s actions, Arne follows suit, hitting Niyan with a chop to the same pressure point his parallel struck moments ago. This time, a surge of red mana is sent through, and Niyan loses control of his body as he wriggles to the ground. Then, Arne lifts a finger, and Niyan is forced to rise in a highly unsettling fashion. He tries to control himself, but he’s powerless to stop Arne as he manipulates his blood... every tissue... every muscle bends and flexes to his will.

“Now... if you’re done... you’re coming with me. I’ll make use of you while you’re useful, but don’t expect to survive...”

Niyan is forced to nod as, like he’s nothing more than a puppet on a string, Arne controls him, manipulating him to walk towards Rafael. Slowly, but with determination. Arne makes the motions for Niyan to perform a spell. Black mana corrupts him as a blade of darkness begins to manifest itself in Niyan’s hand. He is being drained of magical energy as the blade continues to form, until it seems like it could cut through the land. And then, with a motion-

“This is getting out of hand!” A-Arne?! But- is it? The winged being that comes to intercept the blade of darkness looks very much like Arne. However, his aura is much more powerful, and he carries a weapon, a blade made of starlight, which he unsheathes to stop the darkness.

“M-master?!” Master? Is this who this being is? Then... why does he look so much like Arne?

“I knew replicating their finest servant was never a good idea. Look at you! Corrupted by the darkness! Using sangromancy! Warrior of my blood... I have been sent here by the Six to intervene. You punishment is death!”

This new being’s hand glides across his blade, and in an instant, the blade of darkness vanishes, and Niyan is released from Arne’s control. Then, in one fell swoop, the starlight blade falls upon Arne, and he dissipates into an explosion of light.

“So... I suppose introductions are in order. You’ve seen three of me so far, so... I guess I should start by mentioning that I’m the real one.” He comes down to shake Niyan’s hand. “Nice to meet you, anyways. So... to clear the confusion, there were five of my, including myself... and now there are three. The man who sold his life to save you was Light Diviner Arne, and the beast that slew him, Warrior Arne. So, are we done with quantum hijinx? Oh wait... that... parallel.” Arne looks down to see the imposter of Niyan, disabled. “This is very weird. Anyways, I think we should be going. The Changing Arcanum is growing highly unstable. If we leave, it will likely cease to exist, but if we stay, we could be in for a nasty surprise.

Cease to exist... like... Niyan’s parents? Maybe the solution to his conundrum could be much more clear cut than he thought it was. But he’ll still investigate further. Arne uses a flash of light to revive Rafael. Then, he tries to mend Niyan’s wound, a cut to the shoulder. But it’s to no avail. “Right... I forgot about something. Let me take you to somewhere close. I’ll be able to tend your wounds there.” Rafael wakes up. “Same goes for you.”

// You are traveling to the Dawnwood Territory in Racrion...
  • I’m sorry, but I don’t have the will to continue onward. I’m dropping out
  • edited September 2019
    @Tommia

Gistix realized what was happening. He sighed. He had only needed to do this once before, but since it seemed to be necessary now, he would do it. With a dramatic meow, he spat forth a giant spirit monster, made of the essence of his last meal, that starving man, to combat the cleric. The cleric spirit attacked the cleric, absorbing her essence into itself, and then fading away into the smoke in the room, leaving nothing but a small, starving Gistix and his vial.

• edited September 2019
    @Tommia (Ok.... kinda weird but nice, so, what's next then?)
  • edited September 2019
    // @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos um... hi.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 // You will be given seven days to determine if this decision is final...

K’Trinop was flustered. Not even he could understand what was going on as the twins rushed towards him, each bearing a gift of incredible power, protecting them from his attacks. Their blades fell, yet, with some kind of supernatural resolve, he survived. Something wanted him to stay in this world. Some kind of unstoppable force. Suddenly, a black, oily smoke erupts, and a portal of light opens. Another spirit emerges, shadowy, but with a humanoid form, and suddenly, the two attackers cease to exist...

“K’Trinop! I’m here!” The being presents itself in a more tangible form.

“You... how dare you!” A omnipresent voice rings in both of their ears. Conse the Decider. “This is the realm of the Six! Cease your trespass at this moment, or face our wrath!”
    “How foolish of you to even consider such! In my protection, this being shall be, and your prattle, you shall cease!”
    “You seem quite bold for interrupting the act of six gods.”
    “Have you no shame? Do you not know who we are?!”
    “Fools. That’s who you are.”
    “We are gods, you scoundrel! Gods of the multiverse! Your acts against this individual are heinous! Do you seek the destruction of this plane?!”
    “You would threaten me?”
    “Trust me, you are vastly outnumbered here. I would suggest you leave us to our own devices.”
    “Hmph... very well. Don’t expect to be left alive...”

With a shake, the area around the two disappear, and they are left in the museum.

“So, K’Trinop. I’m sorry I couldn’t save you so long ago. But now I’m here. I felt you giving up, and I wanted to remind you you’re not alone. I suppose the secret’s out now... I have given you a chance at life. My power is the only thing keeping you alive at this point. It is up to you if you choose to accept it.”
  • this is the 13th page.
  • @EnvyReaper

Xataxji listened patiently to Draundr's request.

"I see. Bone reading. Tricky, but not out of my league. I will leave you with a subordinate capable in the matter. He will write down a contract for you."

The demon clicked his tongue twice, and a cloud of black smoke burst into existence. It cleared quickly to reveal a grim-looking figure.

"You called, my lord ?"

"Yes, Secundus. We have a client."

The lich turned around to face Draudr. "Ah yes, bone reading. Very well. Let us go to my office, yes ? I will need to formulate a contract. Come along, come along."

Secundus summoned a transportation circle, then held out his skeletal hand to Draundr, beckoning him to walk into the glowing circle's perimeter.

@Elmagici

"Now. Miss Oklein. I would like to know why in the Six do rogue, pompously arrongant vampires come crashing around my peaceful residence after you fail to deal with them ? I have been attacked twice in a matter of days. If things are going south in Padetra, I want in on any information. Most of my own agents have either gone silent, or outright betrayed me. Something is eating at the demonic organisations of Padetra from the inside."

He slithered closer to Mastiffa. "And it would be very regretable if you had anything to do with it."

He recoiled back. "However, I am a very reasonable individual, and will give you the benifice of doubt. You have never troubled me, and never interfered in my commercial affairs. So here's the deal: work with me to find out what's going on here in Padetra. Together, we might make the most of the situation, come out on top when the matter is resolved. Imagine that: we, the only Triskaidians in Padetra. The Oklein name back on top, were it should be"

The worm-like demon was whispering now. "And who knows, maybe something could be done about your daughter... Just maybe. Depends on the outcome of this whole situation..."
  • @Tommia

Let's do during the day. I know this isn't very surprising, but I have a plan. >:)
  • edited September 2019
    @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos Good. I thought so, but I wanted to be sure before I responded, which I will do tomorrow.

@Bowler218 @EpicBoss99 It’s time for a witch hunt. Uvras, realizing Verth’s great size, decides that... you may need something.

He spends an hour designing a saddle for Verth. While Verth objects to the idea, it will certainly make this trip a lot safer for Vryx.

You speed onwards towards Racrion. Verth’s newfound power is incredible, reaching speeds fast enough to make Vryx ask him to slow down. However, it comes at a cost; he is starting to get temptations. Every shiny object, be it a glint of water or an adventurer’s sword, distracted Verth. However, within mere hours (which is a remarkably short amount of time), Verth and Vryx arrive in Racrion. Now it’s time to search the plains...

Will you start in the North, South, East, or West?

Details to go by during the day:
    - Obese
    - Brown hair, likely short
    - Brown eyes
    - Bronzish, generic looking ring
    - Worships “Christianity”
    - Cannibal
    - Bite marks on lips, fingers, cut marks from drawing blood (Autophagiac/Autovampiric)
    - Drinks blood
    - Attracted to strong travelers, injured travelers, and blood
    - Lives alone
    - Triskaidian
    - Animalistic in nature
  • I'm laughing so hard right now because I'm tempted to go around asking "Is Jesus your savior?"
    My grandparents taught me well.

Anyways,
    If it's okay with verth, I can defend myself, so I can take south while he takes north.
  • @Bowler218

I had a plan regarding us being together, but if it means finding the werehyena faster I'm willing to split up. The thing is do we have a means of long-distance communication to tell each-other if we found him or not?
  • @EpicBoss99

No, but we can say something like we meet back in this spot in 48 hours.
  • edited September 2019
    @ASubtleGhost @Tommia

"Ok then, so how do we start?" Asked Draundr, hoping for something other than a pact as he stepped into the portal.
  • @Tommia @ASubtleGhost

"As far as you keep your part of the bargain, we can work together"
  • edited September 2019
    @EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 You reach an agreement as to how you will communicate with each other from long distance. Verth’s caw can easily reach as far as needed, so it was up to Vryx. However, Arlin had a trick up her sleeve; she can shoot an arrow of light into the air as a beacon. Everyone agrees to have eyes and ears to the skies, if they choose to split up.

// (Notes: @Bowler218 Um... pretty sure no one on Stitia knows who he is. You’ll have to resort to what information Uvras could grant; he worships a single god, and has a cross.

Also, since Arlin is technically a spirit, don’t worry. She caught.a ride on Thylinder :3)
  • @EnvyReaper

"For you, it's going to be quite simple," replied Secundus as they arrived in his office through the transporation circle. It was a large circular room with no opnenings except a a large hexagonal window. Large bookshelves covered the walls, filled with tomes and strange items Draundr couldn't identify. A large, ornate teak desk occupied the end of the room opposite the window, and a circular stone table stood in the center. As Draundr looked closer, he realized it was covered in minuscule runic engravings.

"Where are we ?" he asked.

"At the ziggurat of Jedam, my master's residence, and headquarters of his cult," The lich answered. "Now, set the bones here, he said while pointing at the circular table. In the meantime, I will redact a contract."

"What are the terms of this er, contract ?" asked Draundr cautiously as he carefully pulled Darna's remains from a cloth sack and set them on the runed table.

"Well, on one end, Mr. Xataxji vows that he ensures that the reading is done to the best of his or his subordinates' abilities, that would be me, and on the other end, you, Draundr, vow that you will pay the price for said reading, in full and in time." While he said that, Secundus scribbled on a bleached parchment, covering it with tight handrighting. "The contract is binding on signature, and unbinding on payment."

So it's that way then. Thought Draundr to himself. "And what payment would that be ?", he asked softly.

The lich looked up from the text, and looked straight at Draundr. His skeletal face betrayed no expression. "Well as you understand it, my master is a demon, yes ? You can pay with an... appropriate fragment of your soul. Or, five years of service in his cult, in a position corresponding to your abilities."

Draundr was beginning to regret his choice.

"But, continued the lich, my master is also a buisnessman. Or buisnessdemon, rather." He let loose a short cackle. "In a world of men, money is power, and bankers are kings. A monetary payment is also entirely possible and sufficient. An whole skeleton is a twenty thousand Kester crowns, new, of course, in up to eight payments."

"Twenty thousand ? It's a bit steep, don't you think ?"

"That's the price of quality expertise. Bone reading is, to be honest, an uncommon practice at best. There are other readers out there, but I can guarantee you you won't have the best results with them... far from it."

Secundus handed Draundr his pen, and slided the contract towards him on the desk.

"So, Mr. Draundr, what will it be ?"
  • @ASubtleGhost @Tommia

Draundr paused, he looked back on his past experiences with the Coven, he thought over it for a while, but in the end made an adjustment to the contract.

"I announce my decision, that in my decree I will follow this contract to the best of my abilities, I choose the second option to serve in Xataxji's cult, but I request to make an adjustment."

"After you read the bones and tell me your findings, I must go on a quest to find Darna's killer, I also must be allowed to venture to bring Darna's reincarnated self back to the Coven territory, after that, I will serve in your cult with the ability to periodically make trips to and fro the Coven territory to interact with the people there and make trades and small talk." Draundr said, displaying his terms.
  • edited September 2019
    @DrakeGladis Now that I have alone time, I can work on more challenges.

This island is bizarre. It is large and plentiful, but there’s nothing of interest upon it. You make it back to the Mistborne II, and notice that the ship is capsized, sideways. Unless you want to investigate the island some more, you’ll need a way to get it back upright.

Option 1: Explore the island

You aren’t sure whether or not to trust your crew’s judgement on if there’s anything on this island. You’ll investigate yourself

Option 2: Turn the ship upright so you can depart. You will have to do this eventually.

Create a card for the Mistborne II. No harm can come from getting a low score, but the lower your score, the lower the quality of the ship, the more damage it has taken, and the higher the likelihood that further damage will cause its destruction.

Criteria:
    • 6 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 5 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 4 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (GUR Temur).
    • You will lose three points if the entry is not new.
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
  • @ThatOneCat The cleric looks you straight into the eyes with unbound determination. It’s apparent she knows your true nature. She’s been planning this.

“Oh Zythl, oh Nohel, oh Sprot and Sith. Oh Faer and Conse, may your light be my gift.”

*sigh* She doesn’t even know who she’s up against. With a roaring noise somewhat resembling a meow, the soul of that man you consumed moments ago is released in a fractured form. The starvation of his life has turned him into a starving spirit, and he hungers for the cleric’s soul.

“Oh angels above, watch over this day, and- cast this cursed demon away!”

The cleric notices the spirit, and attempts to redirect her spell, but it’s too late. She begins to rush the prayer, and he technique is getting sloppy as the light begins to fade.

“Underneath your guiding light, curse this wretched beast of night, and when your power takes it’s toll, may you rest this creature’s soul, dear gods this isn’t working!”

You chuckle a little at this little girl’s desperation. Unable to keep her composure, she lost the only hope she had to kill the spirit, as it devours her and destroys her soul. With the nature of its essence, there is nothing left for it to feed upon, so it dissipates. Now you’re starving, as you look, and realize that your vial, Demonsong, is completely empty. That can’t happen, can it? With a simple, well aimed slice to the lock, you cut the cage open and escape. Looking to leave no evidence behind, you decide that something needs to be done about the cage, but thankfully, all that requires is for you to hide it...

• 4 points for overall effect and balancing. (Minorly overpowered)
    • 3 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Probably should be rare)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (GWUB Growth)
    • 2 points for if the card would realistically do anything against the target card in an actual game of Magic.
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).

Score: 13/15

Nice work! I couldn’t really find a good comparison for the ETB ability, so I gave the benefit of the doubt. The main problem is attaching these abilities to a 2/3 with flying and lifelink. Other than that, card looks good.
  • @Tommia @Bowler218

Now that we've set up a good means of communication, I'm going to head East, since the moon rises from there and I feel like this lycanthrope would want to be as close to the moon as possible since he embraced the curse.
  • edited September 2019
    I'll take the west then, so that I can track him for longer without the risk of night coming up on me for longer. Arlin will come with me.
This discussion has been closed.