Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Here's my NPC;
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/ceaselt-unbelieving-repairman
    Ceaselt is a Ystheria native who was raised by only his father. His father promised to tell him about his mother but before he could he was found dead;
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gruesome-scene-1
    Ceaselt had heard his father speak of Triskaidians before but lives in denial that his death was supernatural in nature and in denial of the supernatural world in general. He was then raised by his uncle until he moved to Yrntrn to pursue his hobby of artifice. The only item of his childhood he took with him was a pocket watch;
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/unfinished-timepiece
    It was a project he and his father worked on until he died and they never managed to get it to work. Ceaselt declined to work on it after his father died, he only keeps it to remind himself of him.
    Your main interactions with Ceaselt would be to repair and refine mechanical devices. Ceaselt doesn't deal with antiques or magical items so he isn't that useful and he will constantly discourage you from whatever magical mischief you're up to.
    Edit: After rereading it looks like I was supposed to just insert myself into the story. I might not be around to play Ceaselt, I created him for Tommia to use in the story if they want to and Tommia has full permission to edit Ceaselt to fit story needs.
  • Joseph is still having a hard time breathing. “Waaaa... ter...”

Verth pulls out his canteen and gives Joseph a drink. He chokes for about five minutes before finally being able to breath again. “Give... me a moment...” Joseph sits up and tries to relax. He closes his eyes, and he becomes surrounded in blue mana. After about a moment, he seems calmed down, but his breathing is still heavy. He looks at Verth with wide eyes as he stands up again.

“Verth... did you say... you can restore my humanity?! No... by now I should of figured it out, I’ve spent decades researching a more permanent solution than just keeping blessed silver near me. And I’ve failed. I’m... sorry for any thoughts I trespass, but I need to know for sure.” There he goes again, holding his fingers to his forehead, and he reaches out his other hand. Verth feels like his soul is being poked and prodded, and a sensation runs down Verth’s arm to his ring. Suddenly, Joseph lights up.

“Oh my god! It’s... true! Uvras, can fix me! Verth! I’ll do whatever the hell you want me to! Even if I die with these bastitiches, I’ll do whatever it takes to aid you!”
  • @tommia I love that you took the time to make the hilarious stories that don't even have quests to them, lmaaaaooo.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't such a good Idea to spend all the gold in weapons, being a spirit makes you forget what eating is like.
  • @KorandAngels I’m sorry it’s been slow this week. Major things going on, plus I just applied for college. I will be getting to everyone, hang tight!
  • // @EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 Forgot to mention you. See the above.
  • edited September 2019
    @EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 Joseph could barely contain his excitement. “Alright... If... that’s all for now, you can follow me. I have something I’ve entrusted Her Brightness Brocara with that I need to retrieve.”

Zarven flies back to Joseph’s hand to perch on it. All of the Birdseed is clean off the ground. “Anyways, I suppose I should introduce you to Zarven, the Owl That Cant. Cute little guy, isn’t he?”

Arlin chuckles a little at this nickname. Why can’t he? What can’t he?

“Oh... you might be laughing now, but this nickname actually translates to something that has kept my secrets safe for centuries. When I found this guy, I managed to teach him. Now, we’re the only two people who know it. Pay attention.” Joseph picks up a stick. His hand is finally revealed for the first time since he punched the tree, and it’s actually bleeding significantly, not that Joseph seems to care. He throws it. “Zarven! Go get that for me.” The owl leaves his arm in such a hurry that he leaves claw marks. Joseph is pretty calm about all this bleeding, and yet, he had a panic attack just a moment ago. This guy is weird...

The owl returns with the stick in his mouth, and Joseph pulls out a treat, feeding it to him and petting him. He grabs the stick, and throws it again. He waits. For minutes, Zarven doesn’t budge. He keeps looking around, occasional looking at Joseph. Eventually, Joseph says something, but this time, only one word is comprehensible. “Zarven! Henuh adi! Utsai odata saji bola!” Just as quick, Zarven leaves Joseph’s hand, grabs the stick, and returns. “Good work Zarven!” Once again, Joseph feeds him a treat, then he looks at Arlin, then Verth, then Vryx.

“So... do you understand it now?” All three of them give Joseph a puzzled look. He seems pretty capable, so what’s with the nickname. “Well... I guess I see why lycanthrope hunters get killed so much.” Verth gives Joseph a dirty look on this notion. “Cant... Ever heard of it? Devil’s Cant? Sea Cant? Thieves’ Cant?” That third one rings a bell. “All of them are nicknames for secret ciphers used to communicate important information in ways that seem incomprehensible. In my thousand years, I have managed to develop a Cant of my own that’s incredibly simple to translate and use, but nigh on impossible to trace without knowing the Cipher. If you expect to be working with me, then I expect you to learn it. That’s my only condition. Without it, you won’t understand a single word of my research.”
  • edited September 2019
    @Tommia

Verth breathed a sigh of relief after gaining Joseph's support. It seemed that these past thousand years have made this man a little less emotionally stable than Verth would've preferred, but an ally is an ally. Even though Joseph's state of emotional well-being concerned Verth, he wholeheartedly agreed to his terms. "Absolutely. I would be happy to learn this Cant that you have developed. It's rather impressive, I must say."
  • @KorandAngels You feel somewhat angered. What reason would the Six have to give you a demigod as a student?! It’s no wonder why she’s soaring through her classes like they’re elementary, and with flying colors. Lesson after lesson, she is learning well, and she has begun to learn some more advanced spells, such as ones capable of killing. So far, the only accident that has happened is a fall, when Kia overexerted herself during training. There are very few lessons left, and you think now may be the time for her to accompany you to the field.

Where do you start with the Cursed Rebirth? So many questions Nohel’s blessing answered, and yet it seems intentional that he left out any information about it. No leads. No clues. Not even a place to start...

Kia comes into your teaching quarters. An angel is trying to reorganize the books on the top shelf overhead, and as the book he’s holding falls, she casts a deflection spell. It rebounds, and thankfully the angel is able to catch it as it flies towards him. That... wasn’t exactly necessary, but you are proud she was able to perform the spell that quickly. This is the kind of talent that saves lives.

“Hiya, Ishka!” She sits at your table, eager to begin her next lesson. But you tell her that there’s something much more serious that concerns you. Today, you will be teaching her a lesson she won’t forget, one that takes her right into the heart of Padetra...

After using a portal to travel to the Beyond, then to Padetra, you arrive in Slavport. The prime territory for corpse laundering, and the most likely place to encounter a case of the Rebirth in action. People are brought here alive and healthy, assuming that grand things await them, only to be brutally murdered and sold to necromancers as slaves or liches as sustenance.

“Why... are we here, Ishka? This place is corrupted... twisted... I don’t want to be here one bit!”

She’s scared. If there’s one thing Kia hasn’t learned, it’s bravery. She doesn’t want to fight or kill, and she hates anything to do with death.

You arrive at the port to an incoming ship, loaded with passengers. The Glory of Padetra... these people are dirty. Slavport is the single most attractive place in Padetra, marketed by these demons and devils as a sort of resort. And then, when these victims to fraud aren’t looking, the best of them are murdered and turned into slaves, staying more permanently then they wanted to.

“Pay very close attention. I’m sorry, but you have to see this.” You and her hide behind a tree.

“Sooooooo... the neeeew recruitsssss are innnnnn....” A sluglike demon, carrying a very long chain, slowly squirms towards the boat. “Glaaaad to haaaave them on boarrrrrrrd.”

“What is this man going to do to these people?” Kia is wincing, and nothing has even happened. The demon’s chain begins to glow as he approaches the boat.

“Sorry, everyone! We can’t unboard yet!” A man, well dressed, is trying to keep everyone from leaving the ship. The demon stops behind them.

“I’ve coooome to do my... safety check.” The demon very clearly intends to do a little more than that.

“Alright then... we need to keep up to our standards, after all! Our safety is... to die for!” Both of them laugh as the demon enters the Glory of Padetra, and soon after, the screaming begins.

“Oh, gods! They’re killing these people!” Kia can’t stand to watch, so she turns around and covers her ears so she can’t hear the screaming.

“Kia... what did I teach you?” You can’t let her mess up now. An angel must always help those in need when they are available.

Kia grumbles a little. Then, she stands up and flies with you to stop this man.

Suddenly, a loud horn goes off at the dock, and demons begin to surround the ship. “ANGELIC INTERFERENCE. MOVE TO INTERCEPT. LEAVE NO SURVIVORS.”

Leave no survivors? It’s very apparent that this extends to the passengers on the ship; demons begin to start throwing fireballs at you, Kia, and the vessel. While you have trained her in combat, she was not prepared to be fighting here. Her hands shake as she draws her sword and begins to attack the demons. Her cuts lack determination. Willpower. She doesn’t want to fight, it’s obvious. She draws a large amount of mana, but instead of using it to, say, create one of her balls of light, she uses it to put the demons beneath her to sleep. Not all battles can be won peacefully, and if you don’t correct her quickly, she could learn the hard way.

You shout out to Kia, trying to remind her of the destructive spells you had taught her. The ball of light. A shot of white mana. A plume of light that destroyed everything around it. She isn’t getting the memo, as she tries to disarm a rather intimidating looking demon with a hammer. She tries, and the demon slings her away, and he’s about to bear down on her with the hammer...

Kia can’t gather the mana in time. The hammer comes down, and you are barely able to intercept it in time, You summon a barrier of light, followed by a shot of it from your open hand. However, the sheer power of the weapon causes the barrier to explode, which sends the demon back, but leaves you and Kia open. She seems to finally realize what she must do...

“I... I’m sorry. But I must do this...” She weeps as she casts a spell that kills the great demon in one attack. She has killed ravenous animals, and sparred with you and fellow angels. This is the first time she had to kill someone.

The screaming continues on the boat. Now that the area around the boat is clear, you cast a spell to stop it from being destroyed. Then, you and Kia board the vessel. The demon is swinging his chain around. It has taken on an ephemeral appearance as it collects soul after soul. This demon is a spirit chainer, and he must be stopped, but you realize he isn’t alone.

Make a card to deal with six Soul Keepers of Padetra. Points will given based on how well your response works against the enemy, as well as the realism of the card and how it suits your character’s colors and ideals.

You entry will be scored from 0-15. Any score below a ten will count as a miss, and you will take one hit for each point below 10 your score is. Your current HP is 10.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (WUR Jeskai)
    • 2 points for if the card would realistically do anything against the target cards in an actual game of Magic.
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).
    • You will lose three points if the entry is not new.
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
  • @Bowler218 @EpicBoss99 “Glad to see you understand. I couldn’t dare tell my secrets to anyone in common tongue. People... stalk me a lot. If I didn’t invent this when I did, my secrets would of leaked more significantly.” Joseph picks up his books from the ground. He holds up his notebook. “This entire thing is written in my Cant, and still is being written in it to this day. It’s my safety policy. I must warn you now. I’m a firm believer in mutually assured destruction. If any of you leak my private information, without my permission, I’ll know, and it won’t be pretty when I find out.”

Joseph carries the books with his arm wrapped around them. He sends Zarven home, and uses his open hand to begin tending his wounds as he walks. “Anyways, if we’re going to be working together, I should let you know what my plan is at night. At around seven, I start heading towards the plains in the South of Racrion, where there’s no one for miles. Thankfully, I live down there, so it only takes me about an hour to get to the plains. Then, I bind myself with chains of light, and go to sleep. If everything goes right, I can’t do enough to do any harm to anyone. There’s only been one worst case scenario, and that’s because a group of travelers didn’t get the memo. Even binded, even with my silver ring, one thousand years is a long time for lycanthropy to develop... that’s why I watch out for suspicious people among the elderly.”

One... thousand years... Verth has had an encounter with a hundred year old werewolf before, and despite his wereraven powers, it was an incredibly difficult battle. He knows well that as a werewolf grows older, their magic grows more powerful... upon this realization, no one notices, but he shudders a little as the group makes their way to the Dawnwood Hometree...

Encounter @sanjaya666 @Aggroman15

As you enter the top of the Hometree, you notice that everyone is panicking. A man walks out from the medical area, and he looks strikingly familiar. It’s Arne.

“Oh! Hello again, you three!” He turns and notices Joseph, and the smile on his face disappears a little. “Oh... hello Joseph.”

“How... do you know my name?” Joseph attempts to read Arne’s soul, and you can tell he’s having trouble this time. He flinches.

“I thought you were insane. What are you doing here, prisoner?”

“I have business with Her Brightness, thank you. Your soul is very powerful indeed. I could feel your aura before we even got near the Hometree... so... Arne the Retributionist... you’re here with Archangel Rafael, who’s in critical condition with a puncture through his chest, and Niyan, a leonin with a shoulder chip. And you didn’t bother to freaking treat them properly?!” Joseph is suddenly stomping towards the medical area, and Arne grabs him by his coat.

“We can’t treat them with holy magic! It’s not working!”

“I got that when I read your soul. Apparently, despite being the grandson of the gods, I have a better way of dealing with these people than you.”

What?! Joseph has got to be insane at this point. Here he is, standing in front of the most powerful demigod in the plane, and he claims he can heal people better than Arne?!

“See, it’s a pretty simple process. I’ve been working with these types of things for almost twice as long as you, Arne.” Arne closely follows Joseph to make sure he doesn’t do anything wrong, and the trio follows suit.

“J-Joseph!” A cleric walks up to Joseph and notices his wounds. “You’re hurt! Let me tend to your-“

Joseph walks around the cleric towards Rafael and Niyan. “I don’t care if I’m bleeding dry, I won’t stand idle while these men aren’t being treated!”

Niyan mentions he’s feeling fine, and the clerics protest, but Joseph shoos them away. “Watch and learn...”

Joseph pulls out an empty vial from a medical pouch he has dangling from his side. He then surrounds himself in a protective wall to prevent anyone from interfering with him. He as at Rafael’s stretcher, and he kneels down. “What a hackjob. This wound is barely healing, and you didn’t even savor a moment to dress him! Hold still for me, sir. This may hurt.”

Joseph removes his silver ring from his hand, and holds his hands together. They begin glow a bright red, and he places them on Rafael and forceful presses onto the wound. Rafael yelps, and Arne rushes over to interrupt, passing straight through the ephemeral wall, as the smell of burning flesh fills the room. Blood is running down Rafael and siphoning into Joseph’s vial. Arne grabs Joseph by the neck of his coat and slams him to the ground, restraining him.

“Stop it! Stop it! He’s healed!” Joseph yells out as Arne attempts to neutralize him.

“It’s not your place to interfere, Joseph! Mind your own business!”

Arlin rushes over, and she makes a startling revelation. Rafael looks down at where his wound used to be, and it’s completely gone. There isn’t even a scar where it used to be, or proof that it ever existed to begin with. Joseph gives up trying to fight Arne; he’s a mortal against a Demigod. No matter how old he is, Arne is clearly stronger.

Any of you may react or respond. Otherwise, the story will continue.
  • Wait, I’ve just realized something. Creepy horror setting, untrustworthy gods, and a curse that brings people back to life at a cost...

Is this the Dark Souls of Sagas?
  • // @MonkeyPirate2002 That would be a coincidence, because I’m a filthy casual that has never played Dark Souls.
  • "I am grateful that you to came to my aid, even if I have little memory of who you are. If what you say is true, then you are risking your very existence to save me from these... beings. It's obvious you're power is limited on this plane, considering the lack of time we have to discuss. Very well then. You are giving me a second chance at such a serious cost, and for me to throw it away would be foolish. I'll choose to go onward. Hopefully I can find a way out of this hellscape."

------------------

Let's do this.
  • edited September 2019
    @ThatOneCat

As you approach the cargo hold, where the corpses are, a guard notices movement, but he can’t see you. The darkness of the cargo hold makes you nearly impossible to see. He looks in your general direction, then turns away. You hear someone coming, and you look to see what appears to be a higher-up approaching the guards. You prepare to fight.

“Alright everyone! Shift change time! Come with me. We need to have a talk.”

Are they serious?! The guards that are at the door walk away... what a lucky little devil- erm- demon you are. With no one guarding the door, and no one coming at this moment, it’s the perfect time to spring into action. You awaken Demonsong, and it runs corrupt with a dark aura, threatening to take the soul of every living thing around. Good thing you don’t have one; while that may be your greatest weakness, requiring you to constantly feast on the souls of the dead and dying, it grants you a special advantage that not even the greatest demons possess. With a mighty bound, you hop through the door.

“Huh? What’s... going on? Who’s there?” It sounds like the guard just woke up. It’s a shame he did. He could of died dreaming, but now he’ll die in agony, watching his soul being drained from him.

The whole entire room seems to come to life as you walk in. About a hundred loose spirits make their way to Demonsong as the guard stands up and tries to activate an alarm. You attack him, pinning him in the chair he was resting in, biting with enough force to break his neck, and you siphon his soul. Someone else is coming. Hearing a bit of a ruckus, a guard turns the corner.

“What are you doing in here, little kitty?” Apparently he didn’t get the memo that they were searching for a car cat with wings. He gets mauled, and it’s onto the next one. With how heavy security looked on the outside, these guards seem to be a bunch of lightweights. Those that you don’t kill directly are being sucked in, one after another, by Demonsong. Eventually, once you’ve had your fill of every soul in the cargo hold, you go to leave, and... everyone is dead. Perhaps that was a little more effective than you bargained for. As you close Demonsong, you walk out onto the main balcony. You want to at least be sure there’s still someone operating the ship... and even they’re dead. Thankfully, you can spare one soul, so you eventually find the spirit of the captain among your massive collection, and revive them.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 When K’Trinop first got here, he was alone, with no idea what to do, or where to start. He had no meaning. No purpose. But in this night, he gained two things he didn’t have before; an ally, and valuable information. His fortune that Ysa gave him finally had a reason. He didn’t know how in the world he was going to do it, but it was readily apparent that he had made enemies with Gods, so he had no choice but to stand against them.
  • edited September 2019
    @EnvyReaper @Tommia
    (Didn't know if i could post so i did anyway.But I let you know so Idk.)

Schoren is finishing up his meal. It was a random put together meal. He waited for the others to finish up map-ing the area around Aranis. But he thought he might go exploring for his own. He had some supplies he had to get in order to make new poison and a way to buy a sword. He walked up to the nearest citizen and asked "Where is the nearest blacksmith? I have a new sword I want to buy and I don't really know my way around here yet." The citizen replied "Well there is one right down the path, but he is not that good. Go down and take a left he should be decent."
  • @BudGetTheCam

Draundr got back to the territory, he might need Schoren's help in this one.

He noticed that Schoren was not at his post, so he waited.
  • @EnvyReaper

Schoren found a decent sword and started to walk back to the post he was at earlier that day. He knew should have waited till someone got back to the post, but he had things to do. But when he was in the range of view he saw Draundr at the post. He ran up asked, "Draundr, I thought you wouldn't be back for a few more days?"
  • @BudGetTheCam

Draundr lifted up Darna's skull to show to Schoren, the words engraved in it still burning blue.

"This was as I anticipated, somebody had silenced Darna." Draundr said, "But this is even worse than I could imagine, the Six were the perpetrators of this."
  • @BudGetTheCam @EnvyReaper

I’m not sure if I understand what’s going on
  • @MonkeyPirate2002
    I don't know either. I guess it is a situational thing.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/zakarias-lich-of-nature
    I’m definitely a little late to the party here. Mind if I join in? I can get the other cards later once I find some art if that’s all right with ya @Tommia .
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mistborn-ii
    This ship was modern. Top of the line. Expensive, but worth it. She was not limited to the sea, as were most ships of her day, but she was home to her crew.
    (Note: the add two mana is similar in effect to a much cheaper legitimate artifact vehicle. Cultivators caravan. I looked it up to see if it was possible to tap an artifact vehicle to do mana, and there it was. With this ship costing 7 mana total, and a crew of 4, I figured it would usually be pretty hard to work with in game, even given the card draw bonus and the flying.)
  • edited September 2019
    I probably won’t have any time to do major Saga stuff tonight, but since I have a free moment, and we all know who we’re dealing with, it’s time for my character, Joseph’s, introduction!

Race: Human Lycanthrope; Never seen as a werewolf, since he binds himself in chains and surrounds himself in silver at night
    Mana Colors: WUBRG
    Alignment: Chaotic Good, does what he feels is best for everyone, even if he really shouldn’t do it
    Allies: None
    Enemies: Anyone he feels is a problem

This vigilante from Earthrealm has had quite an experience. At the measly age of 13, his longing for freedom and dabbling in the supernatural resulted in him accidentally igniting his planeswalker spark. However, after seven years of trying to save lives (and worlds), he lost it all. His actions resulted in the annihilation of Tommia’s futuristic technology, the complete collapse of Earthrealm, and the folding of Ephemera onto Tommia. When Tommia and Ephemera split into New Tommia and Stitia, the Interplanar God Otaimo sentenced him to suffer for eternity on Stitia.

For hundreds of years, Joseph looked for a sign, a chance at redemption, but he never found it. Even though he has remained true to his faith, he has contemplated giving up, madness, and even suicide. But he still carries on, bearing the memory of his lost friends, family, and comrades.

• Can you judge my result, even if not give me a new challenge?
  • // @DrakeGladis Just got on for the day. Brain is taking a moment to start up. *visible smoke*
  • // @DrakeGladis We’re just going to assume the wings broke or something on the way to the island. The boat being able to fly completely changes what would of happened.

It is entirely unacceptable for your vessel to be capsized. The wings had been cracked. The engine, the first and only of its kind, had been flooded. You had gone all the way to Yrntrn to procure this vessel, and spent half your fortune on it. Thankfully, you had a spell on hand that could restore it to full repair, and with your crew’s help, you cast it.

As the vessel rises into the air and turns over, wings and rudders snap back into place. Water leaves the engines as they unrust. Wood seems to work itself as the ship bends and folds back into its glorious shape. The mast rectifies itself, and the whole vessel is as good as it was the day you bought it. The spell played a bit of a toll on your system, but you still have the energy to continue your journey.

Where will you be off to next? There are new islands all around the coast, as well as Owu in the West. Or, you could stay and explore. Right now, it is about 4 PM where you are, and it would take an hour to travel to the next island. If you decide to go to Owu, that would be an overnight trip.

• 6 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 5 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Questionable about the mana ability, but I couldn’t come to an agreement with myself)
    • 4 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character

I... honestly forgot how powerful vehicles are. You can play an 8/6 with menace and crew 4 for 5 generic mana! This card seems to have a lot going on, but then you see Parhelion II...

I would of taken a point off for color pie for the mana ability, but then I remembered. It’s very much still an artifact when it’s not being crashed into flying orcas at speed. And with that, Firemind Vessel exists (although it enters tapped).
  • @Tommia @BudGetTheCam

"We need to do this together if we are to combat the Six, they are the reasons for this and I can't defeat them alone"
  • edited September 2019
    @Derain2 Well this is cramped...

After the incident at Wosy’s Bar, he isn’t able to gather his crew there. Since there are no better places to do it, you have allowed Wosy to bring them to your shop in Yrntrn after hours. Lanterns light the area as Wosy pulls out drinks for everyone. How many bottles does he have in his bag? Everyone, including you and Chertraum, pull out your own cups.

“Where did you get a bag like that?” Chertraum curiously asks Wosy

“Eh... I’ve got friends in low places. It’s just an interdimensional storage space that may or may not lead to actual damnation.” Wosy says as he pours out the drinks. Chertraum looks at Wosy, wondering if he was serious about the “damnation” part or not.

Demons and devils are gathered at the single table in the entire shop. The rest are standing around. You have to keep them from playing with your merchandise- some of this stuff could kill them with the merest touch if they aren’t careful. Wosy brought plenty of good spirits for the gathering, but he saved something special for you, him, and Chertraum.

Once the drinks are poured, you give Wosy a special gavel. One that’s capable of silencing any group. It’s actually one of the more interesting holy relics in your shop, because it’s the only way to shut someone up that’s completely harmless.

“Are you sure this thing isn’t gonna kill me when I touch it? I know some of your wares could end me days as a demon real quick.” You assure him it won’t do any harm to any of them, so he takes it, and with a loud, echoing thud, he hits the table with it, and the whole room is forced to quiet down.

“Alrighty then. Listen up, buttercups!... here we are. I never thought I’d finally see the day we’re back together. We’ve flipped markets. We’ve robbed banks. We even managed to steal from the Great Archdemon himself; think about that. We went to damnation to steal from this guy, and we came back! But until now, there’s only be one thing we haven’t been able to do. Not because it was impossible, not because we didn’t have the big boy pants to do it, but because we didn’t have the right people. No demon in the entirety of Stitia knows what the Beyond looks like... until now. Everyone! This is Pathos, newest friend of mine, and a former Watcher. And this is his friend Chertraum, also a former Watcher. Being up above, all high and mighty as they stalk us like a vulture waiting to eat your corpse, they know what the Beyond looks like. They know what’s valuable. What we can and can’t steal. They are familiar with how we’ve gotta act if we plan on staying alive for more than five seconds. What passageways lead where, and which ones we can and cannot take. For Archangels... this wouldn’t be a concern, but for petty little playthings like us, we’re gonna have to run like clockwork. The Six keep their people busy.”

“However, there’s a very major problem with pulling this off. A couple, actually. First off... how in the world are we getting in this place? Only angels with passage rights can go in and out. We’ll need to find angels that would be willing to... sacrifice their power to let us in. Then, there’s the problem of sigils. Without a sigil, they’ll know something’s up, and as much as we can glamour it up to become an angel, or even a bloody dragon, even do as much as do a 180 and change genders, we can’t fake the sigils. We’ll need real ones, and those are very hard to come by, Plus, higher angels have their sigils plastered on. They’ll likely have to be stolen from lesser angels, who wear artifacts bearing a sigil. Lastly, we’ll need the gear. Thankfully, we’re sitting right in the best place to find divine piecemeal. Problem is, trying to find divine piecemeal that won’t purify us the moment we put it on. Disenchanting divine artifacts is like trying to tell the sun to stop shining.” Wosy realizes what he said, and the fact that the sun, is, in fact, beginning to stop shining.

“Well, perhaps there’s hope then.” Chertraum giggles.

“Okay, I’ll admit. I didn’t think that one all the way through. Anyways, it’s pretty damn difficult. And we can’t just walk up to a divine artificer one day and say ‘Hey! Mind to betray your gods and disenchant 67 sets of armor, 67 weapons, and 67 sigils?’.”

“What if... you didn’t need to ask that question?” A deep, booming voice fills the room as a light appears in the center of it. “Such a ridiculously simple request, I would gladly fulfill for you.”

Someone starts to materialize in the room, with wings so large they seem to fill it. In their hand is a small box. A great bounty of armor plate covers this tall, towering woman. The leader of the smuggling operation in the Beyond makes her appearance. Your best friend, Gyr, the Archangel of Armament.

“I knew you’d need more direct assistance at some point, Pathos...”

“Woah! You aren’t here to kill me, are you?!” Wosy panics and pulls out the coin of Knifefoot. You try to calm him down.

“While I did not expect to be helping demons and devils rob the heavens, it is Pathos’s will, so I shall assist. Inside of this box... is everything you need.” That’s a very tiny box. About the size of your hand. “Open it Pathos...”

You click in the latch, and it slowly begins to open. A blinding light fills the room. You look inside it, and there’s nothing there except the light. Not even a bottom to the box.

“Is... that all?” Chertraum peeks into the box, puzzled.

You reach inside, and you feel a hefty weight as you grab, and pull out... a plethora of sigils. How many of these are there? Motion after motion, everything Wosy just mentioned comes out of the box, and then some. Shards of starlight. Rings for containing objects inside of pocket dimensions. Anti magic fields. It almost feels like this woman brought the entire Divine Armory with her in this tiny little box. And surely enough, none of these things bear the boons that keep them from getting into the wrong hands.

“I overheard your conversation, and figured I’d just bring anything I could think of down here. But a better thought was to create a box that has a link to my entire stash-“

“Wait a minute!” Chertraum realizes what this means. “This... has a link to your stash?! In the Beyond?!”

“Yes, Chertraum.”

“You know, Cherub, I think you might just be onto something.” Wosy knows exactly what she was thinking. “If I were to wanna go to damnation, just to stick my tongue out at that loser of an archdemon, I could stick my hands through this thing and pull myself through. And when I want to go back? Well, I can do that too.”

“And it took you this long to think about that?” Gyr knew what she was doing, alright. This single box just solved the biggest problems plaguing the heist. Now... it was time to plan. Gyr leaves the room in a plume of light. Maybe she’ll be luckier than Chertraum...
  • edited September 2019
    @spookoops Seemingly overnight, you’ve become a legend in Panc. Townspeople showered you with gifts. Some were poor, and gave you what very little change they had in their pockets. The rich invited you to lunches, payed you bonds, and gave you expensive gifts. The mayor of Panc caught word of your actions, and wanted to speak with you. There’s not much they could do, but if there’s anything you needed, you just had to speak...

A group of townsfolk lead you out of the town with horses and escort you back to Gothael. They kindly obliged when you asked for a set of horses to pull your wagon, and now, your traveling shop should be ready to go, with a group of four. They also are bringing some food for you to feed them, which will likely be in short supply for your first few days. With your newfound discovery, and the horsepower to pull your wagon, you can finally start accomplishing what you only dreamed of doing; curing the plague. But in order to keep a steady supply of your cure, you’ll need to find the source of this stone. A shortage could prove to cause more bad than the existence of a cure can fix.

Which will you prioritize first?
    A. Distributing a cure
    B. Finding the source of the rock

One more thing to consider. Such a priceless thing is very hard to give out willy-nilly. You’ll need to determine what price would be suitable for your cure.

- Free
    - Cheap
    - Average (For medicine)
    - Moderately Expensive
    - Expensive
    - Exorbitant
This discussion has been closed.