Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @SteampunkDragon - I think it's a wasted opportunity for not making the card white, red, and black.

@Pepperoni - I don't think the mechanics would be used in so many cards that they need to be named, but that's just my opinion. Here's how I think the effects should be put so that they're balanced and in proper MTG language:

Zauba of Arenera:

Whenever an opponent attacks you and/or a planeswalker you control with a creature, create a Treasure token. (It's an artifact with "{t}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.")

Price—Four lands. (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they may exchange control of four lands they control and this permanent.)

Each creature your opponent controls has price—Two treasures.

Also, the artwork is kinda disturbing.

Dune Marauder:

Hire {4} (At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, they may pay {4}, if they do, they gain control of this creature.)

I removed the Treasure creating clause, since it alone needs a reminder text as well, and it also added unwanted complexity for the mechanic.

Here's mine. Post a constructive comment on the card or favorite it before posting your own:

• @Tenebrisnemo Thank you, but my question was wich of them was better. Altough I do get hire kinda gets lost when you remove the treasures, wich are imposible to remind, good observation.

Also, I find funny that you think Zauba's artwork disturbing among the kind of things we've seen in Magic xd.
    _________
    Also I will leave a comment on your card, It Is balanced but something's itchy...
  • edited September 2019
    @TenebrisNemo Solid card! I like it!

I’m testing out an idea- does this work?

• edited September 2019
    @shadow123

Yes, it works as intended. But I think you can lower the Strive cost to something like {1}{b}, since 6 mana to destroy 2 legendary creatures and/or planeswalkers is pretty weak. I've been informed that I have read the card wrong, so I'm re-evaluating my response. I don't think this works since Miracle is an alternate cost regarding the mana cost of the card, not it's strive cost. It'd probably be something like this :

Strive - This spell costs {2}{b} more to cast for each target beyond the first. If this card is the first card you've drawn this turn, it costs {b} more for each target beyond the first instead.

Up Next

Comment on or favorite this card, then post up to two of your own cards!
    (Personal preference for this card: I'd prefer that if you comment on this card, you do so in the Disqus comments in the linked card. This thread is a generic thread and I don't want the discussion on it to be all over the place.)
  • edited September 2019
    @Damnation Interesting ability. Will comment in depth on it soon via Disqus.

What say you bout this.
    imageimage

Pick one, or both, to give feedback on, then post one or two of your own.
  • Another spiffingbrit fan, I like it.
  • edited September 2019
    @Bowler218 Alright, before we dive in to this gloriously well balanced game, make sure you have your cup of tea, you better have a cup (Yorkshire Gold is preferable), and lets get on with the exploits. And if your really cheeky, and already clicked that like button, thank you you beautiful sausage. If we can get, say, 15,000 likes, that would be extraordinary. If you are one of the first 15,000 people to like this video, then the glorious Queen of England will visit you in your sleep. Yes, the glorious Queen Elizabeth.
  • @Revan I drink regular Yorkshire Tea, and the Queen will have to hop the pond visit me.
  • @Bowler She'd have to hop to visit me as well.
  • edited September 2019
    first competition card in like ages...and since I lost all my old cards...one of the few I got now xD

and this one to expand upon ishtyos

• Hey @Credius, so this is a spot where smiths can put there cards up to get constructive criticism. The person who posts next give feedback on the card before theirs, then puts their card up for criticism. In the case of multiple cards, you can criticize one, or both, or all, or any amount of them.
  • @Credius - Welcome back! A shame that you lost your old cards, but I'm sure you'll create new ones which will be just as good or even better! I've commented on both Ishtyos and Skyshroud Revelation.

Here's my card. Post a constructive comment on the card or favorite it before posting your own:

• @TenebrisNemo I really like it! Nice work!

Are these balanced, and can I fix the wording on any of them? I just made both mechanics.

imageimage
  • @shadow123 commented and favorited Destructive Deflection.

My thoughts on Focused Meditation and meditate:
    - The mana cost seems good. It's pretty balanced.
    - The ability is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too niche to warrant a keyword ability. You want a couple lines of reminder text AT MOST for a keyword ability, and a whole paragraph like this just doesn't need an ability attached to it. This card is cool and could be used in some combo builds, but meditate should NOT be a keyword ability.

Thoughts on this? Is it OP?

• @SteampunkDragon Thanks!! I made a new version!
  • @SteampunkDragon I left a comment on your creation, as well as favored it.

Here is one from me:
  • edited September 2019
    @Norzael I’d suggest making it legendary so that no cards can cheat it onto the battlefield. I really like it though!

How’s this?

• edited September 2019
    @shadow123
    I commented on your card.

Next Up:
    If you don't care about spoilers then you
    can follow the link in his comment section
    to figure out everything you need to know
    about adventures.

Comment on Illustrious Bard and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Pretty solid card. I could see a card like this for every color. Ability is pretty easy to comprehend.

Up next:
  • @Revan I’m not very good at judging un-cards, but I don’t think additionally is ever used on a card. The aura and equipment abilities should be separate. I like the idea a lot though!

How’s this?
  • @Shadow123 It seems pretty well balanced to me. I would maybe make it 2ww or 3ww? Other wise, pretty solid.

How does this look?
  • edited September 2019
    @shadow123
    That seems a little unfair. Once it was paired with another creature, it becomes very difficult to remove them. I think it shouldn't give another creature indestructible.

@Revan
    Creatures don't destroy creatures. It's the state-based actions of the game that destroy creatures as a result of effect or lethal damage. The first ability should say-
    "Whenever a creature dealt damage by Neighborhood Devourer this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Neighborhood Devourer."
    https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=sengir+vampire

2nd ability can easily makes players concede.. Whoever the person with the least luck loses the game. It doesn't let players play MtG and makes the game simply the competition of luck. It should be changed to "{g}{g}, Sacrifice a land:" (Then the cmc can be lowered to {g}{u}.)

If you want to add an effect that destroys a land chosen at random, I suggest you to increase its cmc to at least 5, and add red.

Next Up:
  • @Tomigon thanks! I was also worried about that.
  • @Tomigon - Simple and elegant design, and I like the style of the artwork. Well done, once again!

Here's two from me. Post a constructive comment on either card and/or favorite it before posting your own:

image image

Cheers to you if you check out both!
  • edited September 2019
    @TenebrisNemo
    I favored Vlad and Dracula's Castle, as well as commented on Vlad.

Here is one of mine:
  • @Norzael faved/commented.

I'm very proud of this card, but at the same time I've never designed anything like it before. Is it overpowered? Imbalanced? What can I do to improve it?

• @SteampunkDragon Awesome card! One thing, I’d suggest having it untap target wizard, because untapping each wizard can become overpowered.

Here are my two cards:

I’m not sure if bone prophet should be rare and for Gwen, I feel like she may be slightly too powerful.

imageimage
  • @shadow123
    Thanks to CR 702.15f, multiple instances of lifelink are redundant and don't stack how you want it to. You may as well spell the ability out. Without any evasion, this probably doesn't warrant mythic rarity either - it's an accessible design and it asks for a bit of setup before it really matters. There's an argument for using the "N life more than your starting life total" to avoid hyper-efficiency in commander.
    Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain life equal to twice its power.
    [cost]: ~ gains double strike until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you have 10 life more than your starting life total.

Compare Bone Prophet to Disciple of Bolas. Life loss is certainly worse as compared to life gain but this is still potentially quite strong.
  • @DomriKade Thanks for your feedback!