Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @jpastor, I gladly accept!

Can I have another, please?
  • @DrakeGladis what did you mean by "I'll take four of yours?" Or was that comment meant for @jpastor?
  • @jpastor He offered me two faves of my choice or four of his.
  • @DrakeGladis Only new cards bud
  • edited September 2019
    @sorinjace Your mystery box contains:
    - 23: You can open a Community Mystery Box for your next box.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card with small font. (Hint: This means it must have a lengthy ability text)

@Ranshi922 Looks like you were the only one to post an entry in time. You win! Unfortunately you didn't win any prize since you didn't beat any entries. Maybe next time. Your mystery box contains:
    - 78: 3 favorites of my choice + 2 of your choice (should you choose to accept)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a land card that's template is hybrid-colored.
  • @jpastor I'll have another go.
  • @SteampunkDragon Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a red creature with flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
  • Here it is!

@jpastor I'll have another, please, but don't rush yourself.
  • @jpastor, I will gladly accept the reward. (Can it be taken for granted that I will be accepting whatever rewards come my way, or will I continue to have to state it?)
    Please fave Death of a Bachelor and Quest for the Colossus.
    Can I please have another box?
  • @jpastor
    I'm enjoying these challenges, stepping out of my color identity a lot here!

I'd be willing to bet this isn't an original idea, but I thought it was clever.

Can I get another challenge?

• Create a land with small font:

For my next challenge, of course i'd like to open a community mystery box @jpastor :)
  • Create a spell with an additional casting cost that starts with "As an additional cost to cast this spell, choose a number between..."

Having to do a lot that I have no experience with, first Arcane and now this. Well here it is:

@jpastor I'd take yet another one!
  • @jpastor, I will be taking @TenebrisNemo's challenge: Create a permanent card with an ability that deals damage to you.

Another box, please!
  • Noncreature spell with X in the ability text. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shocked-awake
  • And another one
  • So... how does this work...? So: I ask for a challange.
    Is that right?
  • edited September 2019
    @jpastor Here is my colorless creature with converted mana cost 7 or greater.

Also, I would like to reveal prize number 12 and name it "The Doozie."

And lastly, another box please.
  • Make a legendary creature with the Orzhov watermark:
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wikael-orzhov-guerrilla
  • edited September 2019
    Community Box Prize List #12 Revealed!!!
    1-11: ?
    12: The Doozie: JPastor opens a mystery box that everyone in the batch gets instead of each their own individual box. JPastor also participates in the box and must submit an entry before making new boxes.
    13-143: ?

Mystery Boxes

@SteampunkDragon Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Urza card.

@Ranshi922 Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a mono-blue creature that morphs (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.)

@ArinSka Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with a Hellbent ability.

@sorinjace Your community mystery box contains:
    - A Community Mystery Challenge: Create a March card. Then post an additional criteria for other cardsmiths in this batch to folow. Any cardsmith who submits an entry for their challenge that fails to also meet your criteria forfeits their prize to you. For example, post something like "Whenever another cardsmith submits an entry that doesn't have flavor text, they forfeit their prize to you."

@ChuchTesta Your mystery box contains:
    - 79: Create a new way to open the Community Mystery Box. Draft it to me in message or post, we'll revise together and rock and roll.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a common white instant card.

@JoeMoose Your mystery box contains:
    - 76: 2 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with two or more abilities with their explanations. For example

@DrakeGladis Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a really big Wurm creature.

@ThePhantomJoker Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with mana cost 2 or greater that has power/toughness 1/1.

@AlexWright Your mystery box contains:
    - 78: 3 favorites of my choice + 2 of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Praetor... and make it deadly.
  • @jpastor, can you stick around for a second? I want to have another box without waiting all too much.
  • @jpastor, can I have another box?
  • Heeeeere's Urza!

@jpastor another box, por favor.
  • @Ranshi922 You just gave me an idea. P. Message me real quick
  • @jpastor um. hackhem. I have no bloody clue what you are asking me to make. That makes no sense putting the criteria on a card, sooo am I supposed to post the criteria along with a march card that i create? Conversely, does the march card just have to have march in its name to count?
  • @sorinjace reading over I think jpastor means this:
    1. Make a card in the vein of Bloodbond March, Funeral March, and Mirror March.
    2. Post a criteria for all others who post after you to follow. Consequences are described above.
  • @sorinjace Post a criteria - something for each other cardsmith to follow. Whatever your criteria, it doesnt matter for your challenge. It is for others to follow. You'll post your card for your challenge seperately.
  • Boom! Edited. Hope that helps.
  • edited September 2019
    Create a March card:

This batch, whenever another cardsmith submits an entry that is rare or mythic rare, they forfeit their prize to sorinjace.
This discussion has been closed.