Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• Done. This will be tricky...
  • @Tommia
    //Not sure about this being super balanced. The only reason I put it so cheap was because your opponent can just cast creature spells...
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/prompted-recall
    Can you grade me on it as well? I would like to know how bad or good it is.
  • @Tommia, @MonkeyPirate2002

"Well, I have no intention of facing the six directly," Pathos said before taking another drink. "Wosy and I aren't exactly united by a... cause just this particular mission. Many of my insiders, including the angel providing us passage to the beyond are sympathetic to my plight, but would never want to see the six slain. Wosy's people probably wouldn't have a problem working with you, but my people would. If we are going to work together we are going to have to keep it just between the five of us. I presume neither of you are familiar with The Beyond? Chertraum and I are. She can even give you glimpses of it in your dreams. I'm prepared to allow you to cross with us. I can identify which weapons in the divine armory can aid you in your quest. I will even help guide you towards the six with minimum resistance. As for facing the six directly... I'm afraid that's not my mission. Even if I was certain I would succeed, I'm not sure I'd want to, and I'm far from certain I could succeed. However, if you bide your time for us to strike, and seize what we're after, we will greatly disrupt The Beyond. In that time would be your best chance to strike. I will provide confusion and cover for you to attack, and your attack will provide confusion and cover for me and mine to escape. Do we have a deal?"
  • edited September 2019
    @Derain2 @MonkeyPirate2002 “That would be splendid. I am confident that we will stand a fair chance in toppling at least one of these tyrants alone. If we could teach these fools a lesson, then we may teach the world the error of their ways. I do wish... we had more manpower though.”

“Welp.” Wosy takes a mighty swig from his glass, emptying it. He slams it down, breaking it in his hand. Blood runs from it as he clenches his fist. “I could be gettin’ a little ahead of myself, but I think I’m at my prime. If you two really think you can take on the gods, then I’ll go with you.”

“But what about your crew?” Chertraum gives Wosy a frightened stare.

“If they didn’t get it the hundredth time I told ‘em, they’re hopeless anyways. I’m sure they’ll live. Most of ‘em, at least.”

“Then, it is settled.” Otaimo’s blade glows again, this time with a blue light. “I... do not know if they will heed my call, but I will try to rally more allies.”

Suddenly, lighting strikes the roof of the shop, and the room grows dark around the five. Bells ring as a portal opens above them. From it, emerges an angel, unlike anything the five had seen. It bore horns. One of its eyes is glowing red.

“Pathos. Chertraum. Wosy. K’Trinop. Otaimo... all five of you have made a grave error coming here. Conse’s patience has run bare.”

Pathos realizes who he’s looking at. An old ally of his. Rie. His wings, once gleaming like alabaster, were black, and his once proud blade was now aimed towards him.

“Pathos. I used to be proud of you. I aspired to be just like you. But now, you’re a fractured shell of mortality. I’ve seen scoundrels more redeemable than you. Not only are you unforgivable, but you have corrupted one of our sisters. May damnation bear no mercy!”

The jagged blade whirls as it makes its way towards Pathos’s neck. With a fell swoop, the blade cuts deep, slicing clean through an angel, but not it’s target. In a desperate gambit, Chertraum had pushed Pathos out of the way, and took the blade herself.....

“Damn you!” With one hand, Otaimo flips the table with enough force to smash it to bits. His blade suddenly glows a deep red, and vibrates rapidly. An aura of crimson makes its way through as Otaimo sets his sights on Rie. “Whatever fate awaits you, know that your gods cannot save you!”

Suddenly, the entire room fills with the angels. With Chertraum dead, all of the demons and devils awaken, and gang up on the angels.

It’s about to be a bloodbath. There are a total of about 50 angels in the room. Each of you (Otaimo and Wosy included) must make three cards to represent your actions against them. Points will given based mainly on balance, realism, and syntax. Your card does not have to be capable of doing anything to Judge of the Black Wing. In fact, it doesn’t even need to be damaging in any way. Effectiveness is determined solely by score.

Each of your entries will be scored from 0-15. Any score below a ten will count as a miss, and you will take one hit for every two points total below 10 your scores were. Every point above target will kill one of the angels. Each player’s current HP is 10.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.)
  • @Tommia 3 each or 3 total?
  • @Derain2 3 Each. I updated the rules since I wasn’t specific enough on some things
  • @Tommia, I'm gone in 25 minutes.
  • Back. Post please?
  • edited September 2019
    In a flash Wosy dived over his bar and crouched down. Above him, he could hear the cries of anguish and the sound of metal grating on metal. Wosy scooped up a huge armful of bottles and boxes from under the bar, and applied his infernal flame.

Wosy smiled as the vapors filled the room, and the sounds of coughing and a few drunken steps trickled to his ears. His lot was bound to fight better under the influence then those stuffy angels.
  • (More to follow later.)
  • edited September 2019
    @Derain2 (I’ll take it, but it’s me who’s doing the entries for Wosy and Otaimo. My panel of brutally honest judges will judge our entries instead of me)
  • @Tommia
    Sorry, I misunderstood again. I thought I would be responsible for Wosy's actions since he's my ally. Is this first chain of events cannon or should I delete the post?
  • edited September 2019
    @Derain2 I’ll keep it canon and use the card. Having trouble thinking of cards for Wosy anyways.

(Nice to know you have had a bar, anyways. In case that was a goof, feel free to fix it. [We’re still in your shop])
  • @EmolgAn @Tommia

"Now you mention it, no, but I will provide the ships some black flags with the Oklein banner on them"
  • @ElMagici @Tommia

"Good, we have a deal. So guys , return them tresors we picked in this boat. We have a deal with our new friend....."

ALyssa keep the strange piece of 500G hidden in her pocket because she wants to explore this mystery.....
  • edited September 2019
    // @DrakeGladis Sorry for the delay. Card has been judged. I was just waiting for a good time to write the next part. (Alone and not getting interrupted every 2 minutes.)

As you hold on to the minor grasp you have on reality, something takes you over. The motions feel so similar, but from where did they come? Your memory falls back into place, and you realize what’s going on. You rise to your feet, and the sigil beneath you begins to glow. You feel yourself being taken away, but you won’t have it; off of the sigil, you notice Cleyeft beginning to stumble in pain, mostly from the shoulder wound, but in part due to the collapse of his mind under the weight of the mind mages.

“Cleyeft! Cleyeft!” One of his guards runs to him. “You’re shot! Are you okay?”

“Perhaps... we are more prone to corruption than we thought. Enerew... your very presence causes disorder among us. You... are a threat... that must be stopped.” More tears fall from Cleyeft’s eyes. “By trying to save you from the corruption that plagued our kingdom at the time... I could not save you from the corruption of this world. I also see... you refuse to agree to... be absolved by our teachings... so now... you... must be... absolved by our weapons. Guards... engage...”

Cleyeft collapses to the ground, and the guards surround you. The barriers keeping you from your crew dissipate, and as though by instinct, you climb on top of one of the guards and hop across the swarm with unmatched agility. You find your captive crew members and quickly unshackle them; you know a battle is about to start, and you’ll need everyone you can get. You get outside with your crewmates and fire your flintlock into the air, hoping the rest of your crew notices...

Score: 12/15
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing
    • 3 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Blue can’t fetch lands from graveyard)
    • 2 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (Temur)
    • 1 point for proper grammar and syntax (Return target noncreature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).

Excluding Recall and cards that can retrieve artifacts, only two blue cards allow you to return cards other than strictly instants and sorceries at will, and both were printed in Tarkir (One in Khans and one in Dragons). In their cases, they made sure to indicate that they had to be nonland as well.

I’m thankful I did not judge this sooner, since I noticed you fixed one of my biggest qualms with the card before (exile return).
  • edited September 2019
    @DrakeGladis As your crew runs to find an exit to the city, it seems as though your signal worked. Bearing through the veil of this world is the Mistborne II. The moat is just high enough for the upper bridge to reach one of the exits, and your crew prepares to attack. Suddenly, the moat begins to drop, eventually leaving the Mistborne II to have to leave. You may not of made it out, but at least you have reinforcements.

Vs. Army of Owu - Phase One

Your bravest warriors have disembarked your ship to support you. Submit five cards depicting crewmen that would be highly likely to support you in a situation like this. This time, the score will mainly be based on realism, sticking to your colors, and making cards that just work overall.

Your entries will each be scored from 0-15. All of your scores in this three part showdown will be added for a percentile, with 135% being the highest possible score. For every 10% below 100% you are, you’ll take a hit. Your current HP is 10.

Criteria:
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 5 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. You may lose a point if the effect of the card is unclear.
    • 2 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character (Temur)
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 1 point for flavor (text not required; mainly checking if overall fell of the card fits its art, name, etc.).
    • You cannot submit any card you’ve submitted so far for this contest.
    - EXCEPTION - You submitted some crew cards to me through PM. You may use any of them for this challenge with no penalty towards you.
  • @Tommia

Me and @BudGetTheCam picked Kerial, we are waiting for Klavis to give his tools to find Kerial
  • @EnvyReaper You are next in line. Need to take care of something important...
  • Alright, good to know
  • MAJOR EVENT - First Major Triskaidian Death

I have made ample effort to contact @Aggroman15 in regards to the contest. Due to their failure to respond, they have been eliminated.

Fully recovered from his conflict with Arne, Niyan is ready to head out, deciding to go back to the Arcanum to continue his investigation. With spare funds, he buys a boat, and sets out to port.

Upon arrival, Niyan decides to start by gathering his things from the fractured safe house. However, what awaits him is a fate worse than death. Finally awake and recovered from his injuries, Niyan’s parallel had stalked the city for his counterpart, and today, he had found it...

With unprecedented stealth, Niyan’s parallel jumped from a roof. Niyan notices at just the right moment and dodges his sneak attack, but the parallel has a sword this time, and it knicks Niyan’s hand. Niyan draws his stake and tries to knock his parallel out, but they respond with a clean guard, followed by a slash to the neck. Blood spurts onto the ground from an arterial wound, and Niyan’s minutes left are counted if he can’t escape and tend to his wound immediately.

Niyan has to think. What does he have to work with? He notices an unlit lantern next to a bottle of oil. Left with no choice but to kill his parallel, he strikes the lantern, pours oil to block the path, and lights it aflame. The parallel must clearly be insane; instead of going around, they charge Niyan straight through the flames with a brutal stab, puncturing Niyan’s lung. Weak, he begins to cough up blood, falling to his hands and knees. He realizes that there’s no choice in the matter any more, so he extends his claws, and charges his parallel, taking them into the flames. He is going to die here anyways, to the least he can do is hope that he doesn’t die first...

“The cycle... is broken.” Grabbing at Niyan’s wound, his parallel digs further, drawing enough blood to send Niyan to unconsciousness. With one final strike, Niyan is dead. Time flickers. A paradox has been caused. Every presence of Niyan up to this point fades away, as does Niyan and his parallel. All of his actions are undone, and the last person born in the Arcanum perishes, leaving its mystery forever unsolved...
  • edited September 2019
    MAJOR EVENT - The Arcanum is Forsaken

There is officially no one left alive in the Arcanum. The apocalypse has begun...

Sector Status:
    Arcanum: Forsaken
    Nasita: Plagued
    Etsane: Criminal Takeover
    All other Sectors: Fine
  • @Tommia Apocalypse ? Well damn, that's a grim omen.
  • Is it bad that I'm about to cry even though this is just a fictional world?
  • Is it bad that I asked this question earlier on (like, towards the beginning) and I’m running the saga?
  • edited September 2019
    @EnvyReaper @BudGetTheCam

“Very well. Kerial it is.” One of Klavis’s eyes is a black crystal. He removes this crystal, and begins to perform an incantation. It floats out of his hand and into the air.

“Klavis... you hunt one which is not of ordinary prey. No mere angel. However, as I try to look deeper... my visions are clouded. I will need... blood for this...”

“EEP! I knew it!” Danny tries to run, but Rusty yokes him up by the collar and pushes him into a seat.

“If you keep it up, the thought’a gettin’ rid o’ you might be temptin’!” Rusty gives Danny a look, and he’s getting pale.

“Um... by blood, how much do you mean?” Jessica is curious. “If you need a full body’s worth, the average human can easily survive having half of their blood drawn.”

“NO NO NO! NO BLOOD!” Danny breaks free from Rusty’s grip and tries to attack Klavis with a stick. Lilith draws her sword and strikes Danny with the flat side, knocking him down. She accidentally drew a little blood, which begins to flow into the air around the orb. “NO! WHAT’S HAPPENING-“

“Can it!” Scarf comes over and slaps Danny in the face.

“I will need... a minor sacrifice.” Klavis whispers. “So... I could split it between us, and none of us would be hurt.”

“See, Danny? There’s seven of us who can give blood, so you won’t even feel weak!” Jessica is enjoying this a little. Danny faints, which is perfect, since he won’t be able to argue. “We kind of owe Draundr our lives, after all, so a little blood is a small price to pay for... you know. Not being dead.”

“So... how is this blood being taken?” Lilith requests.

Schoren mentions a ritual stone he has. He finds it, a triangular pyramid shaped stone with spikes on the corners. He shows them how to use it, pressing it into his hand until it begins to glow a little. Only a pinhole is left in his hand. He holds out the stone, and blood flows from it to the black crystal. Scarf is the first to take the stone, and inspects it.

“Hey, this kind of looks like a D4.” Scarf is rolling it in his hand. Schoren tries to stop him, but it’s too late, as the stone falls on the floor. The dark color of the stone is made worse by the darkness of night, so the entire group scurries around to find it. A yelp is heard, and Lilith realizes she stepped on it. It glows again, so she picks it up. Scarf laughs. “Well... you kinda did it right- OW!” Lilith chops Scarf in the neck, and he rubs where she hit in pain. She holds it up, and the blood flows out again.

One after another, everyone who can bleed takes turns giving blood, until eventually, it’s time to take blood from Danny. Suddenly, he’s awake again, but not in top to stop his hand from being punctured.

“AH! NEEDLES! STOP IT!” All four of his allies are restraining him as Schoren attempts to use the stone on him. Finally, it glows, and that’s the last of the blood needed for the ritual.

“See! It wasn’t that bad after all, now was it?” Jessica is smiling at Danny. He is upset to his stomach.

“I... see now... a manticore, flying towards Hitcherald... he is able to transit through the Beyond, and flies incredibly fast, so he will likely be the most slippery target you’ll ever see. Good luck catching him...”

You see something in the crystal. The manticore, flying over the Center of Prayer. He intends to land there, when suddenly, a mark forms on his side. An X.

“I have branded him, so that you may find him more easily. You’ll feel it when he’s close. Draundr. Schoren. The best of luck to you.”

Klavis withdrawals the stone to his eye socket and walks out of the room. With the new info in mind, preparations are made...

“Um... angels? Don’t you think that’s dangerous?” Jessica asks.

”Only if you’re a fool.” Lilith looks at Draundr. “This may seem sudden, but I think we might be able to help you. Do you want us to come with?”
  • edited September 2019
    @BudGetTheCam

Shoot, looks like we have a dilemma
This discussion has been closed.