Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• @ThatOneCat You will have to retreat and find the soul of a healer in order to heal.

If you will keep fighting, submit a new card through PM. I will roll for Kia’s next Action. (60% chance to attack, 20% chance to stand by, 20% chance to flee)
  • @ThatOneCat Kia has decided to keep fighting.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sophia-deluca-first-mate
    As it says, Sophia is Enerew's first mate for the ship. She was from a noble family, the DeLuca, but preferred sailing to politics. She ran away, her family disowned her, and Enerew took her on. Rapidly rising through the crew, she was a natural with a sword, quite often had some rather ingenious ideas, and refused to put up with any harassment from anyone. So yeah.
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia (So who would write the poem down? I believe it's you then, boss. Mebbe just imagine that Rafael would only give Xataxji a scroll, contained with the message, but it's not a direct message, but it's a riddle about the conflict and aftermath between the angels and demons against the gods that would happen shortly.

And it will be more accurate if you're the one who writes the meeting...)
  • @sanjaya666 @ASubtleGhost “So... you said you had something to tell us?” Ugalon is loathing the thought of towing an angel around. Rafael is writing on a scroll, and Ugalon notices. “You spying on us?”

Rafael can’t really explain to him, can he? If he told why he had to write this... it was a lot better this way. Rafael tells him that he need to think of a good way to word what he wants to say, so it does not come out sounding rash.

“You’re testing my patience. Why won’t you speak?” Xataxji is starting to grow firmly suspicious. A myriad of strange occurrences have happened lately, so he shouldn’t have a reason to trust this angel.

Finally. Rafael had finished writing, and with a sigh of relief, realizes that the page still bears his writing.

“It’s better I communicate this through writing.” Rafael puts away the pen he “found” and rolls up the scroll.

“Are you sure it will not kill the moment I read it?” Xataxji responds.

“I have seen the reason why this man cannot speak. Trust him.” The whispers fill the ears of Xataxji once again. Xataxji stops the nightmares, and reads the scroll. What awaits him is a poem that beats around the bush.

For centuries too long
    Our races stood divided
    Our allegiance sworn at birth
    And our fate once decided
    But in my time alone
    I found something new
    The border drawn between us
    Is nothing but a ruse
    Set by the gods
    So we may fight forever
    And never see the day
    That we may stand together
    Please heed my word
    For the better of us all
    If we don’t fight united
    Then together, we will fall

I hope that with my plea
    An alliance forms, and soon
    If you need my proof
    You will find it in the moon
  • @Derain2 @MonkeyPirate2002

Wosy’s Plan:

Obviously, Wosy can’t fight without being a little destructive. In fact, his entire crew can’t. Thankfully, Pathos has a ward that keeps the shop from being destroyed, so he lets Wosy carry on. He bears a bottle of his specialty cocktail, set as an incendiary explosive.

“You might wanna get really far away from this one. It burns all the way down.”

Wosy flips another one of his bloody coins, and of course, it lands on heads, and once again, he transforms into his more powerful, pure demon form.

Lighting the bottle on fire, he sends it hurling at one of the angels, and the blaze cascades as the room is filled with a terrifying vapor. So... what is in those cocktails anyways?

After that, everyone is surprised to see that Wosy is not charging headlong into the plethora of angels. Instead, he grabs some of the falling feathers and presses them into a coin.

“I don’t think Chertraum wants to watch me brutally murder these people, so I think I’ll go easy on them.”

The coin emits an aura of death. As it flips into the air, some of the angels seem to begin to fade into darkness. As though they cease to exist.

• @Derain2 @MonkeyPirate2002

Otaimo’s Plan:

Otaimo was no stranger to pain or hatred. All of the gods were supposed to detach themselves from the dealings of mortals. They were supposed to abandon emotion, suppressing it in the name of their duty. However, Otaimo was the exact opposite. Vengeance was his purpose. Peace and justice to the living and the fallen.

“So... they really do mean war against us? To outnumber us with damned minions? Very well then. The gods of this world picked their enemies, and they will have shame knowing they picked me.”

Suddenly, Otaimo’s blade begins to shimmer and ring as he runs his fingers across it, imbuing it in an aura. The same aura begins to surround him, and he prepares to strike.

Otaimo whips his blade, and faces it towards Rei, an evil eye sizing them up.

“You come here seeking the blood of an angel?” Otaimo’s blade seems to want to leave his hand, as though it wants the angel’s blood more desperately than he does. “You are no enforcer of righteousness! You are a damned scoundrel with a twisted mind, corrupted by the very essence of hatred and betrayal, and given life by hands that feed nothing but sin and debauchery! Wicked pretender, have at me!”

The room around Otaimo and Rei fades even darker, an unseen force keeping anyone from approaching. Otaimo’s judgement is upon Rei, and his verdict is death.

• edited October 2019
    // @EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 Judging is taking longer than planned and I have nothing to do. May call the judging off and take the current ratings, averaged out with whatever I would of given your cards myself.
  • I would totally be cool with that
  • // Well, every party is available at the moment, so I’ll judge your guys’ cards and use the scores the panel gave so far for my cards.
  • @Tommia (Okay, so I'm just gonna wait towards his response right?)
  • @Tommia @EnvyReaper
    "I think we should pick the third option. It will be cheaper and easier that way. What do you think Draundr?" Schoren asked "I mean your the leader, I guess."
  • @BudGetTheCam @Tommia

"I disagree, I think the second option will be the best one, we should try to keep all of our identities secret if we want to evade detection, keep in mind there might be people that would be interested in Lilith, as she is royalty."
  • - Don’t actively partake in the running of this business. You will be called upon if something comes up.

"I understand little one, let's give the business some room to develop itself",

If It's legal: Before leaving the Inn, Mastiffa hangs a portrait on the wall of a blonde woman, the eyes are painted with a special paint with pearls, that pearls will act as scrying mirrors to take a look of the inn from afar.
  • edited October 2019
    Archenemy Battle

@Bowler218 as Vryx, @EpicBoss99 as Verth, @Tommia as Arlin, Joseph, Konrad, and ???. Guest staring Timmy and Nelson.

“I’m going to prepare a spell to seal away his soul.” Joseph says as he gathers mana. “You guys do what you do best!”

Verth and Vryx take the cue. As the werehyena emerges from the well, he lets out a deafening roar. “What’s the matter with you people? I just wanted a meal!”

Suddenly, Vryx grabs the hyena from behind and unsheathes his knife. With the hyena distracted by the massive number of people in front of it, he hopes he can leverage an opportunity to catch it off guard.

What was he thinking, trying to grab the supernaturally powerful beast? His lycanthrope nature may grant him some extra power at night, but it’s not match for the full force of the ferocious hyena. Before he can even stab the creature once, it turns on him, tossing him hard against the well. Then, it prepares to immediately go on the offensive.

Pinning Vryx down with its hands, it bites into his left shoulder, crushing the shoulder bone. With incredible desperation, Vryx manages to force it off with a hard kick to the groin, and manages to get a single knife wound in before retreating. There’s no way he can outrun the beast, and he apparently isn’t strong enough to outmatch it on his own.

“Can’t you unchain me so I can do something?” Arlin is attempting to restrain a wriggling Timmy. “That guy stole my blood!”

“I’m sorry, but we can’t trust you.” Arlin says as she holds him by the neck. “You’ll have to stay back for now.”

Verth has reached the peak of his venture. He prepares to dive at the hyena, when the moon hits his bronze ring at just the right angle.

The ring... it’s... so tempting...

This hasn’t been right. All day and night, Verth has been tempted. When he first became a wereraven, he had absolutely no control over himself. Attacking innocent civilians. Stealing things from everyone, regardless of status. And here he was. Now, he was in control, and it’s his wereraven form crying out, trying to take control of his body. He takes a moment to clear his mind, then realizes something. “The ring!” That was part of the mission. It was to be taken to Uvras, so he could dispose of it properly. That bronze looking ring, capable of granting control over lycanthropy, in addition to a power boost. It had to go, and...

I have to have it!

He doesn’t know if it was by his own will or not, but he dives down, faster than ever. Completely cloaked from sight, he dive bombs towards the werehyena, and his full attention is locked on the ring.

The hyena closes in to attack Vryx once again. Joseph sees him struggling, but he cannot break his focus. Whatever spell he’s preparing must be big. Arlin wants to help, but Timmy has gotten way too close to escaping his shackles. No one seems to be there, when suddenly a swift movement breaks from the shadows.

“You’re my mark, Timothy!” Another werehyena?! The second hyena viscously attacks the first, drawing blood. “Stand back! All of you!”

“That’s not possible!” Joseph’s focus breaks, and the spell dissipates from his hands. Joseph notices that the new werehyena also bears a bronzish ring. “No! There’s no way!?”

“Quiet, you lazy slob! Here you are dead, when you could of solved this problem when it started!”

Joseph’s eyes gleam again, and suddenly, the second werehyena collapses in agony. The first sees an opportunity, and begins to maul away at it. Verth is confused; to him, there are two targets. To his wereraven side, there’s two rings. Flustered, he tries to focus on the original target, but it’s too late. His talons barely nick the first as he crashes into the second, breaking his beak and severely injuring the second hyena.

“What have you done?” The second hyena crawls away, coughing up blood. Verth is dazed, and barely able to stand after the disorienting landing.

“Who are you?!” Verth holds down the second hyena while the first tries to recover.

“Nelson, you idiot! I’m a lycanthrope hunter! Now unhand me at once!”

“I’ll deal with the party crasher. You just kill that son of a *****!” Joseph materializes into a humanoid form, lifting Nelson by the neck with one hand. “Now give me one good reason why I shouldn’t snap your scrawny little neck, you fool! Do you realize what you could of done?!”

Verth is locked down by the hyena. Sure, he is not in immediate danger, but he cannot fly away as the werehyena grabs his enormous wing. Taking a gamble, he transforms back into a human to escape his grasp, then back into a wereraven to fly away. Vryx looks, and Arlin is gone. Timmy is shackled to a tree, and is beginning to break away at it. This battle needs to end before anything else can go wrong...

Suddenly, a cage of pure light energy surrounds the hyena. He tries to break away at it, but it’s to no avail. With a glint in the distance, Vryx notices Konrad and Arlin, both with bows drawn, ready to strike.

A barrage of moonlight arrows fly at the hyena, slowly sapping away its energy. Verth and Vryx see a wide open opportunity, so they come over to cage. Verth transforms into his human form. Verth draws his bow, while Vryx unsheathes a sword, and both of them mutilate the werehyena, defenseless against its four attackers. Broken, it lets out a small note of laugher before collapsing to the ground, dead.

Results:
    - The Werehyena has been slain, and the bronze ring has been recovered
    - Verth took 2 damage (8 HP remaining)
    - Vryx took 4 damage (6 HP remaining)

Here is a summary of the judging.

To keep the pace of the Saga, the rest of the panel has been skipped. Only MemoryHead got a chance to vote.

- Maul For the Moon: 11/15
    Common Complaints: Second effect is strange

- Coordinated Ambush: 13/15
    Common Complaints: Doesn’t feel like an ambush, requires a complex boardstate to work around

- Precise Dismemberment - Panel: 8/15
    My Vote: 10/15 (9/15 Average)
    • 3 points for overall effect and balancing (effects do not tie together well)
    • 2 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Blue cannot destroy artifacts [Hybrid Mana Cost Break], effects likely would never be printed together, should be uncommon)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 0 for flavor (Flavor does not fit the effect of the card)

- Hunter’s Backstab - Panel: 6/15
    My Vote: 8/15 (7/15 Average)
    • 2 points for overall effect and balancing (Overcosted, doesn’t feel like a legendary to me)
    • 1 point for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (Effect isn’t black [Hybrid Mana Cost Break], effect likely would never be printed, too many hybrid mana symbols, doesn’t feel mythic)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 0 for flavor (Flavor does not fit the effect of the card)
  • edited October 2019
    // @sanjaya666 Basically, lol

// @EnvyReaper @BudGetTheCam “You actually have a good point.” Lilith says. “I normally tend to get away with things, since no one around here knows me from a random girl they just killed. However, being in the city could be dangerous...”

“No no no! NO NO NO! Please! No! Never!” Danny shrieks over the thought of flying to Hitcherald. He must really be afraid of heights.

“I’m sure you can live through the flight.” Scarf mentions. “I’ll carry you on my back if I have to. Can’t guarantee you won’t fall into the first big hole I find, though!”

“Can you leave Danny alone before he dies from a heart attack?” Jessica says.

“Now I don’t quite fancy this, but whatever works works. Hey... we may draw a lot less suspicion as griffins. Heard a place in Hitcherald has a griffin courier service.”

“Griffins it is!” Lilith says. “So... a party of seven. Glorious! Three of us would need glamours. Presuming we glamour up the most suspicious among us, we’ll be transforming Draundr, myself and... Scarf.”

“What?! I was only kidding about-“

“Why would a brat like you ever go to Hitcherald?” Jessica has a point. “The only reason you’d go is to see how an angel reacts to have a firework strapped to their wing!”

“Now that’s an idea! Okay! I’ll do it!”

“I wasn’t being serious!”

“Aw... gods... why?!” Danny protests.

“I’m sure I could get a sleeping potion so you won’t have to worry about falling.” Lilith says. “Now, how are we making these things?”

Jessica pulls a small black bottle out of her pocket. “I’ll make them. Can’t say I don’t have experience in the field.”

“Hey! You were the one who stole my lunch, weren’t you?!” Scarf gives her a grumpy look. In her hands is a glamour, but of what nature?

“Jessica, you are brilliant!” Apparently none of them knew until now that Jessica could make glamours. But what will you need?

“I have everything in my pouch... except for an item close to a griffin.”

“So, say... a griffin feather?” Schoren pulls a couple of large feathers out of a small drawer. Only two of them.

“Yes! Now we just need one more!” Jessica is excited. But where are you getting the last one? Where did Schoren get the first two?

You talk to your allies among the Coven, and there are three places nearby you can search for a third feather. Choose one.
    - One of the griffin couriers went off route, getting killed. This is where Schoren got the first two feathers.
    - A convoy carrying common supplies for making glamours crashed heading to Slavport. A special order was put in for a Griffin feather.
    - Rumor has it that a Doctor that recently moved out of Padetra left some interesting items behind.
  • @BudGetTheCam @Tommia

"I think me and Jessica should investigate the Doctor's quarters, even if we don't find a feather we can always benefit from extra ingredients and medical supplies."

"Schoren and the others, you will go to where the fallen griffin still lies, keep close to Schoren and if you don't find any immediately start heading back, got it?"
  • @Tommia @EnvyReaper

"I think it's a great idea, but do you think it is wise to split up? I mean I'm ok with it but, just wanting to make sure." Schoren replies. "But like I said earlier, you're the leader. But anyway who am I taking?
  • @BudGetTheCam @Tommia

"Scarf, Danny, Rusty, actually I will also take Lilith with me just so you won't have to watch over too many people."
  • @tommia Well, I'm already in Padetra, lets look around the south if anyone needs a job done.
  • @ElMagici As you leave the inn, you take a moment to ensure the portrait works before heading back to Padetra. Here’s hoping the business does well from afar...

Arriving back at Oklein manor, you notice that some of the guards are missing. You walk into the door, and a devil immediately rushes to you.

“Mastiffa! Y-your omnipotence! Have mercy on us!” What could of possibly happened while you were gone? “A party went out to grab some materials, and some of them deserted their duty! They stole from us!” That shouldn’t of been possible. “There were casualties among our men. We’ll make sure something like this never happens again!”

You remember the girl you captured... Ana. “Yes... her obedience training is going well. She should be fit for duty in a matter of days. We interrogated her, and she said there’s a demon hunter named Bahn Gheshin heading for Descour. Think we should keep an eye out for him?”

Would you like to find your missing guard members, or take care of the demon hunter?
  • @Pepperoni Your crew’s search for work leads you to Hedstone, the capital of Padetra. This definitely seems nothing like a city to you; small shops line a very small town. A building lies in the center. A legal building, but it definitely hasn’t seen use. You are approached by a shady being with no apparent form, only a robe to cover them.

“You... you are a wicked man. Death follows you everywhere... You would be the perfect one to avenge my death. I can show you where to find my possessions, if you can bring to me the body of the man that killed me. He has long, orange hair and green eyes, and kind of looks like a girl. You won’t miss him.”

Meanwhile, you just so happen to find a man fitting the description. Looking through a collection of jewels, he notices you.

“Oh! You’re Teegar, aren’t you?” You confirm this. “Very well. I have 1000G waiting for you if you could do me a really big favor. There’s this man who’s been following me. I’ve been doing so well to keep to myself, fooling him into thinking I was a girl, and he just figured out my identity! If you don’t do something about him, I’m dead!”

Whose request will you take?
  • @Tommia @sanjaya666

Xataxji read the poem, then looked up at Rafael.

"Poetry ? An unusual means of communication... especially in this situation, if I understand correctly."

"What do you mean, a poem ?" blurted out Ugalon. "Is it some kind of joke-"

"Silence," interrupted Xataxji, raising his hand sharply. "I do not pay you to think. Not that you would understand the gravity of the situation anyway,"

Ugalon grumbled unintelligibly, but kept his thoughts to himself.

"The way I understand this, Rafael, you dug up some dirty secrets, and realised the gods of Stitia aren't as trustworthy as you used to think, hmm ?" Rafael didn't dare nod, but Xataxji could see the agreement in his eyes. "Ah, faith. An angel's greatest weakness. Here is the major difference between your kind and ours: we demons know we cannot trust each other. That is why we pursue selfish goals, seek to strengthen only ourselves. Even when cooperating, we always expect to be backstabbed at every turn."

He and Ugalon glanced at each other.

"The backstabbing part is delayed by pacts and contracts. As long as each party provides the other with something interesting, they stick together. Your kind, on the other hand, relies on oaths, promises, grand speeches of honor and trust, all absolutely worthless."

"That's a bit harsh, demon," answered Rafael. "Hitcherald society has worked this way for millenia. And besides, don't you bow to the Archdemon ?"

"We don't bow to him, we cower in fear. At least most of us do. He only promises obliteration to any competitor, and those are not empty threats, I can assure you."

Xataxji sighed. "Anyway. Essentially, you are proposing an alliance against the gods. In any other circumstance, I would have called you a madman. But you are, or were, the Lord Arbiter, and if what you found made you a turncoat, it has to be something big. I want in, so I accept this... cooperation."

Rafael felt a surge of elation, which he thought was strange, considering the fact that he had just allied with a demon.

"But be warned, angel. If we succeed, the gods will leave a void. A huge one. Chaos will ensue, something we demons thrive in. The face of Stitia would be changed forever... and, chances are, not in your kind's favor."

"I know. But this must be done, lest we all face..." The angel searched for words that wouldn't instantly kill him.

"An extremely unpleasant fate ?" suggested Xataxji, smiling under his mask. Rafael agreed.

"Prophecies of annihilation. My favorite. We need to gather power, and allies. It turns out I'm heading to some forsaken ruin in search for the former. Will you accompany us in this quest, my dearest ally ? It would benefit our cause greatly... if it's what I think it is."
  • @Tommia @BudGetTheCam

"So, the decision is made, I will take Lilith and Jessica to the Doctor's quarters, and you will take Rusty, Danny, and Scarf to the fallen griffin."

And with that, the two groups head off to their destinations
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia so Timothy's out of the picture now?
  • edited October 2019
    @tommia what...? If my journey wasn't bizarre enough by now...

1000 g sounds like enough to make it for now, but first.

"Lucky you, I happen to be looking for some easy money. But something isn't adding up, the man following you might have contacted me first, he claims to have been murdered by someone that either looks exactly like you or is you. I will beat a creep for some gold any day, but I need to know the full story before I get myself into trouble."

_(Quick question: I suppose I still have the armor and weapons from the assault to the Caravan in my inventory, right? Could I sell it or use it later if I want to do something else with it?)_
  • Wow, this saga got pretty busy pretty quick! Quick responses for now, I'll be free later.

@EnvyReaper @BudGetTheCam Poor Danny. He's probably going to get tortured >;3

@EpicBoss99 @Bowler218 I'll get to the nitty gritty later, but yeah. The other hyena was the researcher you saw earlier. His gun is with him, so you can tell it's him.

@Pepperoni your armor was damaged. The rest of the supplies can be sold
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia (Can Rafael just show him all of his other visions via poetries and be done with the whole secrecy things?

I can make the poetries too, but I think they are gonna be weird, lol.)
  • edited October 2019
    @Tommia @Bowler218

It was finally over. Timothy, the savage werehyena that terrorized all of Racrion, was no more. Thanks to the combined efforts of himself, Vryx, Arlin, Konrad, and the strange hunter, they avenged Bob and everyone who was hurt by Timothy's rampage. After collectively dealing the final blow to Timothy, Verth covered his face, writing in pain. Blood streamed out of his completely shattered nose, and the whiplash from his impulsive dive left him dazed and disoriented. Clutched in his right hand was the cause of this entire bout: Timothy's bronze ring. How did he even get a hold of it? Unlike the controlled, precise movements he usually takes in combat, the last few minutes were all a blur. When Verth regained consciousness, there lied a dead Timothy and in Verth's hand was the werehyena's ring.

Suddenly, a familiar feeling washed over Verth. As inhumane as it may seem, Verth has become more and more accustomed to his cravings for jewelry and shiny objects over the course of these last few days. "How pretty! A shiny ring! How beautiful! See it shine! It glistens in the moonlight. Noone would care, right? Noone even knows you have it. It's YOURS! IT IS YOURS! GET MORE!" Verth's mind tormented him. Verth's desires became more and more sporadic with every passing moment. Thankfully, the fact that he could still push these thoughts aside meant that it wasn't over for him. Verth and Uvras planned for this, after all. It was inevitable for the ring to lose its effectiveness eventually, and so a contingency plan was made should the ring lose its power. However, if Verth wanted to salvage his humanity and remain in the fight against the evils of Stitia, he needed to get to Uvras, and fast. Checking to see if no-one was watching, Verth pulled Vryx aside and told him of his urgent situation.

"Vryx, listen. I need to return to Delvad as fast as I can. The ring that is controlling my powers is beginning to weaken, and I can't let myself become another Timothy. You can come with me if you want, but should you stay with the others, this is between you and me. I don't want anyone else getting hurt because of my actions."
  • @Tommia @EpicBoss99

"I understand. I will stay here and continue to track other lycanthropes. If it works for you, we can meet on the west border of Descour in three days time, unless you need more time than that. And don't worry about me, I'll handle myself."
This discussion has been closed.