Mechanix Challenge - 41 - *Circuit Challenge*

Comments

• edited October 2019
    @seaspray4TF3
    Very nice. Maybe having the two costs be equal would be cool? Maybe making it a sorcery with {1}{u}{b} & {1}{u}{b} would be the "sweet spot?"
  • edited October 2019
    Materialize:
    Did I pull off a common?
    Better name suggestion?
  • edited October 2019
    Resist by Lastjustice, renamed Resistant, and Slayer (with a twist) by Lastjustice and Dechujoh64

• edited October 2019
    Entry 6

Materialize by FangQuil

Entry 7

Solidarity by fiskerton

Solidarity (This creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control that shares a creature type with it.)

Host by Ranshi922

Host (This creature has all activated abilities of creatures with host counters on them.)

Entry 8

The adventure mechanic is a new ability in Throne of Eldraine and for another contest. http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4773/on-an-adventure-circuit-challenge#latest

Resist by Lastjustice

Entry 9

Resist by Lastjustice

Revel by pjbear2005

Entry 10

Unseal by Megalomalice

Slayer By Lastjustice

• edited October 2019
    Deleted.

Materialize by @FangQuil
  • Entry #3, "Resist" by @LastJustice, renamed "Resistant".
  • Entry 2: Materialize by @FangQuil

• @Faiths_Guide It's difficult. The even cost sorcery is certainly something I was considering. It's all about how it would play in constructed. I really wanted it to be a sorcery for obvious reasons (exile an attacker and block another situations.) I was a bit rushed to finish it at the time. Maybe I'll change it at some point.
  • @seaspray4TF3
    Understood.

Any thoughts on Outrank?
  • @Faiths_Guide feels like a misnomer for a name. Outrank, is when you pull rank on someone. Like I'm a Captain and tell a lieutenant to stand down. It feels like from the art you wanted to call it Outflank...but they just made a card named that in Eldraine. I'd go with Marshal Strength, Tactical Awareness, Commander's Presence or something implying some sort of tactic manuver or superiority of skill. The card seems fine outside of that.

• @Lastjustice
    Thanks. I did consider using "maneuver" in the name, but there are quite a few cards similar to this one using it. I think I might do something along the line of Commander's Presence. Thanks again for suggestions.
  • @Faiths_Guide I commented on the card page.
  • @Lastjustice @seaspray4TF3
    Thanks guys. Updates to Outrank: now Tactical Orders.
  • edited October 2019
    Entry 11

Host by Ranshi922

Bloodletting N by saveria201

Entry 12

Erode by Jarnefeldt

Erode (This deals damage to creatures in the form of erosion counters. It gains "At the beginning of your end step, if this creature has five or more erosion counters on it, sacrifice it.")

Unstoppable By Lastjustice

Unstoppable N (When this creature attacks, it doesn't receive combat damage
    unless it is blocked by N or more creatures.)

Entry 13

Mighty by Kickash

Entry 14

"Halted" by sorinjace

Resist by Lastjustice

Entry 15

Fury by Battlesocke

Bloodletting N by saveria201

I've hit my 15 entries and all the mechanics used atleast once.
  • @LastJustice , that Collette, The Colossal...lol thumbs up for flavor
  • @Credius I was going for maximum irony/ridiculous factor heh. Glad you like it.
  • edited October 2019
    Entry #3:

Erode by @Jarnefeldt

I used erode by way of erosion counters. I found that in the reminder text while creating this card that it referred to the counters as erosion counters, and it gave me this idea. I hope you enjoy this!

Erode (This deals damage to creatures in the form of erosion counters. It gains "At the beginning of your end step, if this creature has five or more erosion counters on it, sacrifice it.")

So the other creatures die, but the surviving creatures while still die after they get 5 erosion counters.

I got the name of this card by the song Torn Between by As I Lay Dying on their newest album.
  • @Lastjustice You made all 15 entries already!? Wow.
  • @shadow123 It's typically the contest I go all out on if I happen to notice it's going and have the time to do it. The issue is now I have play the waiting game since I knocked out all my 15. Granted there's been a few weird ones where I struggle a bit more on how make them work. I just don't like leave any ideas on the table had I brainstormed more, I could have came up with a better card. So I challenge myself to use every option atleast once if I can. Ultimately quality not quantity wins these things, but I have a lot of fun trying regardless of the results.
  • edited October 2019
    Entries 1 through 15

Credits to -
    • Slayer by Lastjustice & Dechujoh64 (slightly reworded text)
    • Enlightened by Jarnefeldt
    • Splendid by Kickash
    • Resist by Lastjustice (which I renamed resistance, and slightly reworded text)
    • Host by Ranshi922
    • Materialize by FangQuil
    • Solidarity by fiskerton
    • Jump-scare by DeepSky
    • Unseal by Megalomalice

Entry 1
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Entry #1 Decaying Army
  • edited October 2019
    Entry #4:

Fury by @Battlesocke

Fury - (This spell costs {x} less to cast, where X is the total life lost by a player during combat this turn.)

• Entry #2 Mind Wyrm
  • Entry #3 Summon The Thunder
  • Entry #4 Shade's Touch
  • edited October 2019
    entry #5 Sylvia, The Forgotten Witch
  • Entry #6 Resurfing Horror
This discussion has been closed.