Mechanix Challenge - 41 - *Circuit Challenge*

Comments

• edited October 2019
  • Entry #7 Deconstruct
  • edited October 2019
    Deleted.
  • edited October 2019
  • I decided to take a new spin on Fury by @Battlesocke:

• Materialize, tweaked to reflect modern card design.

• Entry #8 Azzsha, Gripping Night
  • edited October 2019
    My first entry for this challenge (and any challenge on this forum for that matter):
    I want to do the full 15 entries thing (one for each mechanic), but I can't decide if I'll post them individually, or just edit this post to included them all in one. Any advice on that? (I figured it out)

So, I just realized that I unintentionally (and unknowingly) made a similar card to a previous entry. Namely "Stolen Essence," by @seaspray4TF3. There are still a decent amount of mechanical and flavor differences, but I felt it would be best to still point out the coincidence. Sorry about that seaspray.
  • edited October 2019
    @theran_baggins I usually put them in packs of five. That way they're together so the judges can track all my entries, but I still bump the thread to the top after a bit. Also there's not so many people's eye just glaze over when they see them all. I'd imagine some people are like wall o cards, and skip your post. Some people put them all in a single post of 15. I just prefer to bump the thread, but both are acceptable to do. You can ask the judges if they have a preference, but I've never seen them complain about either way.
  • edited October 2019
    @Lastjustice Ok, I don't know if its 'cause I'm a bit tired or I just don't understand some of the terminology, but are you suggesting:
    1. One at a time
    2. All in one
    3. 5 at a time
    4. Something else
    It sounds to me like your suggesting number 3, which kinda makes since. Regardless, thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Looked back through the previous submissions and I think I get it now. I see what you were talking about the 5 card thing, but I think I'm gonna go with one at a time. Thanks again for the advice though.
  • edited October 2019
    Second entry
    Though not necessary, I would advise reading my comment on the card on its page. Primarily the bit regarding its modal mechanic (modal is the term for "choose one" effects).
  • edited October 2019
    Third entry
    Now here is a question, if an aetherborn is a vampire for siphoning aether from other aetherborns, would that logic make this a vampire construct?
  • Using my version of Kickash's mechanic.

Original: Mighty N (This creature enters the battlefield with N +1/+1 counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you gained life last turn, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

My version: Sacred (At the beginning of each end step, if you gained life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

• Un-keyworded Slayer by Lastjustice & Dechujoh64

• Entry #5:

Resist by @Lastjustice

Ria Ivor is actually an existing creature in mtg. Her real card? Hero of Bladehold.

I just did a little extra digging on her to create this version of her. I always liked that card, and her character is kinda awesome.
  • Entry #9
  • edited October 2019
    Modified Erode by Jarnefeldt
    I'm not sure if it counts for the contest because it's not technically a static ability like this, but can work with other things with erode.

• edited October 2019
    I made a cycle of mages with resist, by @Lastjustice. If you want them on Cardsmith I can do that; just tell me. My favorite is Worldfreeze Mage.

imageimageimageimageimage
  • @Je_Suis_Oluwa I like your cycle, but the mindcoil mage needs have it's discard ability only able to activate when you could cast a sorcery speed or during your turn. Otherwise you could do soon as someone draws a card.
  • Three entries featuring Slayer by Lastjustice and Dechujoh64:

image image

Two entries featuring Unseal by Megalomalice:

image image

Two entries featuring Fury by Battlesocke:

image image

Two Entries featuring Materialize by FangQuil:

image image

One entry featuring Revel by pjbear2005:

One entry featuring a variant of Host by Ranshi922:

• Ok, is the passive planeswalker abilities feature a premium-only thing?
    Last time I tried to make one with a passive ability, cardsmith wouldn't let me. (tbf, has been awhile, so if that feature was recently added, that would explain it)
  • @theran_baggins You have to leave the Ability Modifier field empty. I think this has been the case since shortly after War of the Spark's release, but I could be mistaken. (I'm certain that it isn't a premium feature, though, because I don't have a premium membership.)
  • edited October 2019
    Forth entry
  • Fifth entry
    I made a small edit to the mechanic, allowing it to also effect non-creature permanents
This discussion has been closed.