COLONISERS: Season 4!!! (Colonisers of Turmoil)

Comments

• @HeroKP

Colonisers has come a long way, and, I think, for the best. It has gained a certain quality which wasn’t quite there for the start.
  • @AxNoodle

Thanks! :D

It's certainly getting more and more fun to host as the seasons go on. And the cards seem to be getting better and better as well!
  • when does this one end?
    I wanna know if I still have time to participate on it, been kinda sick when I wanted to work on it haha
  • @Xero0

It really depends. Probably around christmas, maybe a little later. Anyhow, do you want me to notify you when S5 starts?
  • @SammySammyson @SteampunkDragon @ThatOneCat

Well, the deadline is up, but since 3 people have not posted yet, I will extend it by 24 Hours. If you can, do it by then!

>._.<
  • The Children of Ruin turn their heads once more to the depths, connecting with ancient horrors deep below the surface not unlike their elders.

• edited October 2019
    @AxNoodle I wouldn't do that if I were you...

“What was that...” Luna said as she awoke from her vision. Ren turned towards her. “I’m... not sure.”
    “You saw it too?”
    “I did. What... what do we do?”
    Luna and Ren soon decided they would be blunt. They fired a giant laser at where they were in the vision. The laser did no harm, but removed all of the fog, and flooded everything with light.
  • edited October 2019
    @HeroKP aaaa, sorry. I always forget about time zones and forget that it's not necessarily the time Sunday for you as it is me asksksks

I have the card made. Just gotta w r t iii t ee and POoS T.
  • edited October 2019
    The looming presence of a necromancer is not going to stop Gnash. Rather, it's going to motivate her. A necromancer could be an invaluable ally, and if Gnash knows one thing about most of them, it's that they tend to prefer bluntness and courage over tiptoeing and cowardice.

Much to the dismay of her soldiers, she sends them straight into the unexplored. Armed, but without the air of threat. Just defense. It's going to drain her of her life force and power, but the growing of her ranks will raise both overall with time.

Should this operation be a success, Gnash will find herself a wonderful ally. Hopefully, this necromancer will find her handiwork impressive. After all, having total control over a vast army of both living and undead slaves is some tough work.

Her troops march blindly into the forests. They don't know what is to come, and neither does she. Her most trusted friend (who is not under her direct influence), Leviathina, emphasizes concern.

"You are mobilizing ranks mid-war, Madam. We have defenses erected still, but that does not seem very wise."

"Nonsense," Gnash declares, clearly overconfident. Or, perhaps, masking her own concern and dwindling power. "As you have stated, we continue to hold a defense. I have only mobilized a chunk of our offensive units, and am creating more along the way."

And so it continues. Ten minutes. A half hour. An hour. Two. Three. Eventually, their conversation ends in a bitter silence. Leviathina is in control of her own mind, and she is not convinced...

• edited October 2019
    Well, the deadline has not technically passed yet, but since everyone has posted, I will reveal the results now!

https://i.imgur.com/MirQOq2.png

Let's go over what is happening bit by bit.

@SteampunkDragon is still marching forward into the steppes, but the goblin alliance of @spookoops has allowed the Rangers to conquer the western coast, which creates a new front, and new strategic possibilities.

@KorandAngels and @IzItTru have advanced into the woods to the south, but the northern tip was burned, and so colonised by @AxNoodle. New quarrels begin.

@ThatOneCat and @SammySammyson bravely march inside of the swamps, but outrunning both of them by just a few days, @Lujikul finds the temple of the Lych King.
  • But there is a problem, which our northern colonisers have discovered. At their arrival, the lych's army is already in shambles. Unanimated corpses are strewn all across the marsh. When Chulane speaks to the Lych directly, he can barely reply. A few words escape his mouth.

"Power... gone... King... of Turmoil... no more... new... generation..."

He then crumbles to the floor. After which, his body, and his throne disappear into nothingness. Little does anyone know, that throne was a special throne. It was the Throne of Turmoil itself.

image.
  • Oh the suspense!
  • Immediately, portals open in every throne room of the 8 Great Empires still standing. A voice beckons. An arena is seen on the other side. A date and a time are mentioned.

Which is your challenge this week! To loosen up a bit, we are going to have a Tournament of Champions-style (huge thanks again to @Jonteman93 for being an inspiration) melee brawl!

For next sunday, submit a legendary creature with CMC 6 or less to be your champion! At the end of the deadline, they will all battle to bring the throne into your great house. The person who wins this challenge will get HALF of this week's ELIMINEE's land!

Now, get smithing, and I promise that a huge battle scene lays in wait!
  • @HeroKP I didn’t actually enter the lych’s land, I just chilled with my mega-laser.
  • @HeroKP for reference, is this legendary duel decided how the cards would interact mechanically, or is the champion more decided on flavor and design rather than what would win logically, either realistically or in MTG *gestures to Emrakul, then tentatively points at some squirrels*
  • @ThatOneCat, Wait...What... you have a mega-laser?!! @SammySammyson, a swarm of squirrels could totally take Emrakul...
  • @spookoops precisely my point!
  • I forgot that posting would erase my draft...whOOPS
  • @SammySammyson

That second one. Otherwise people would just make Ravenous Chupacabras with 'Creatures lose Hexproof, Shroud, Protection and Indestructable' and call it a day.
  • Yeah that's what I figured, but just in case lmao

Thanks!
  • "The word has come from an ancient place, that a tournament will be held." Another meeting was called, and Al'a was stating the reasons. "I saw the place, and it looked staggeringly like..."
    "You don't mean we've found it?" Asks Alon, in shock.
    "Yes."
    "Tyrome." Say all three together.
    "But who is to be the champion?" Asked Kuk'ta slowly.
    "I believe, that the only spider that could possibly win this is the Oldest spider we have."
    Al'a, Alon and Kuk'ta entered Alas' Chamber. They unclasped the chains.
    "Thank you, Council of Webs. I will not disappoint you."
    "However, winning the tournament will not give us the Item we came to get." Said Alon inquisitively.
    "We will send some groups into the city, to try to find the thing we seek." Replied Al'a
    (I might post a card to represent the searching).
  • edited October 2019
    @HeroKP, is this a one on one melee tourny, are a battle royale free for all? I guess what I'm getting at, is will I have one opponent or multiple?
  • @spokoops

Battle royale!
  • Will there be a black hole as well @HeroKP?
  • @EnvyReaper

one more *THE GAME WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED* reference, and you are fired
  • @HeroKP and @EnvyReaper can my entry have a mount? (Can I submit a legendary dragon rider?)
This discussion has been closed.