Deck Ideas

13»

Comments

• @Tomigon
    I can see why it got banned and I'm happy for everyone who's life just got easier.

That being said, I'm a little upset that all my decks just went down in viability. Literally every deck I play against I feel like is just removal, removal, removal, so my 3+ color decks have no way to consistently keep threats on the board. Field of the Dead at least allowed me some protection some times.

Personally, I feel like there are cards that need a banning a little more than FotD, but at least they're trying to keep the game even.
  • @RohanDragoon
    Oh no you had FotD deck? Sorry about that. I wish we could redeem banned cards into wild cards..

Yeah removals are annoying, but standard is always like that. Many creatures chosen in standard with cmc 3 or more have either ETB trigger, death trigger, haste or flash, so that they generate value or deal damage even if they soon got removed.

Btw I also built Kethis+Vannifar deck. It's really fun! I challenged a Twitch streamer the other day.
    1:27:00 is when the game starts. The match-up was unfair tho XD
  • I am also happy that Field got banned. From what I was playing against in Gold, you'd think that the only decks that existed were either some variation of Field of the Dead or Mono-Red Cavalcade (which, with Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, become almost as annoying). Personally, I'm running a blue/red burn deck with Ral, Storm Conduit and some other copy spells. When it combos successfully, it is so satisying
  • @Tomigon

Hahaha don't worry about me complaining about removals really! I'm far more suited to edh than standard anyways. I didn't have a FotD deck per se, but I ran it so that I could protect my planeswalkers since increased removal started getting me less and less value out of them.

I can't wait to check out the video though when my classes are done for the day! It'll be interesting to see your deck!

@TheWanderer

Combo is so cool! what do you usually use as the base spell you're copying? Do you use repeated reverberation cause I just saw that the other day and thought it would be awesome to run to turn Ral's double into a quadruple.

In my opinion, Mono-Red Cavalcade is actually the more problematic deck that I wish WotC would address. Maybe it's just me, but Cavalcade makes the game not fun. Like, by the time I can play my two mana two color spell I've already taken 5 damage? And the next turn my opponent has the chance to swing for upwards of 10+ damage? To me, that was one of the more problematic things as opposed to FotD
  • @RohanDragoon

For a base spell I either use Beacon Bolt for creature removal, Ral's Outburst for direct damage and card draw, or Invade the City for a late-game behemoth. I don't run Repeated Reverberation, instead using Expansion//Explosion for increased versatility and a lower-costing duplicator. A fun infinite combo that I've run into once or twice is to have Ral, Storm Conduit out, then cast a cheap spell like Shock, Expansion it, then cast another expansion targeting the first Expansion. Keep chaining Expansions until Ral's passive ability pings your opponent to death. It's a bit contrived, but a ton of fun when it works out right.
  • edited October 2019
    For anyone who wants a really fun deck to play, I'm currently playing a Bant control fortress deck that's a ton of fun (for you, not them hahaha)

Basically, the whole deck runs on Archon of Absolution

Why Bant? well, what you do is run things like:
    Quasiduplicate and Spark Double so that you can make more Archons. Plus, you run Vannifar, Neoform, and Vivien's Arkbow to pull Archons and Spark doubles out of your library directly onto the battlefield.

Multiple archons make attacking incredibly difficult. Once you get up to four or five archons on the board, your opponent can't attack and cast spells on the same turn, and if they want to attack, they can attack with one, maybe two creatures.

An added bonus is the Archon's protection from white! It can block loads of creatures while you're setting up without risking death, plus, it can't be removed by common removal like Mortify, Prison Realm, Conclave's Tribunal, etc.

You can also run other tax stuff like Dovin, Kasmina, and Smothering Tithe to make the game that much more unbearable for your opponent!
  • edited October 2019
    Here’s my list: 4x Oko.
  • Storng. Tounament-winning, even.
  • @RohanDragoon
    That's an interesting deck! I want to try that but I don't have Spark Double
  • Theros Beyond Death is just around the corner!
  • Behold! My monstrosity now has eight copies of its win condition!
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2654957#paper
  • edited May 2020
    Personally, one of my favorite decks is:
    24 island
    36 Persistent petitoners
  • A link to my budget meme EDH deck. Cards that should have been pu in it when i made it are Lightning greaves, and if you have money, Boseiju, who shelters all and Lake of the Dead.
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2969391#paper

• @jaceberlin
    Ah, a man of culture. Let's take this a step further.
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2254234#paper
  • try this planeswalker deck:
    Deck
    1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
    3 Swamp (IKO) 268
    1 Tibalt, Rakish Instigator (WAR) 146
    5 Mountain (IKO) 271
    2 Gideon Blackblade (WAR) 13
    8 Island (IKO) 265
    1 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
    1 Jaya, Venerated Firemage (WAR) 135
    1 Ajani, Strength of the Pride (M20) 2