lets talk strategies

card playing strategies that would help a player and combos

Comments

• If you run Control do your absolute best at being as oppressive as possible to your opponents
  • The more counterspells and smug looks the better for control
  • A general rule of playing magic is to play creatures without haste that won't be relevant to the current combat in the second main phase to bait removal on your already played creatures and to keep mana open on options.
  • On the topic of baiting removal, casting a threatening creature on the turn before casting the creature you really want on the battlefield.
  • If you keep lands in your hand and take time to think in response to opponent's actions, they think you have removals or counter spells. Sometimes it slows your opponents down.
  • If you are new to the game, my best advice for you would be to regularly attend Friday Night Magic at a local game store. I would say that the best way for a beginner to learn is to be absolutely stomped on by better players, for almost everything I have learnt about the basics of Magic strategy have come from seeing how people have beaten me.

If you're more of an enfranchised player, I would say that you should watch the streams of professional players. Streams by players such as Reid Duke, Ben Stark, Luis Scott-Vargas, and Andrea Mengucci are truly brilliant, and often contain a lot of insight on how you can get better at playing Modern, Standard, Legacy, or, nowadays, Pioneer.
  • Here's a weird and cool combo for modern (although you could adapt it to pioneer probably):

• thanks and no i'm not new i've been playing since ounsalagut
  • @diamoori000
    Then I believe you are the one that should be giving out tips and tricks.
    : D
  • but i want your opinion ok tell your friends hell the whole world please
  • thanks friends
  • I don't know how to do strategies.
  • Oh yeah, think I went to the pre-realease for "Ounsalagut".
  • A Door Opens. A Demon Awakens...
  • Close the door! Close the dooooooooooooooor!
  • Hold the door! Hold the door! Hordor!
  • guys this chat is about strategies and about combos
  • Hold the line!

Love isn't always on time!
  • Okay, level with me here this deck:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2264427#paper
    This deck has a combo where you use Rampage of the Clans to blow up your own Food tokens and turn them into 3/3 centaurs.
  • This is a good video on strategy in MtG:
  • I had an idea for a strategy but it turns out there aren’t enough cards to support it.

A white/green deck where as many white cards as possible give your creatures ‘protection from a color of your choice’ while as many green cards as possible just make your creatures bigger.

There’s not enough ‘protection from a color of your choice’ cards in Modern to make it work, so I had to change my tactics... turns out a generic, monogreen ramp deck is good enough to take out most decks.
  • @Mantis17 You’re probably not around anymore but jeez is that a good strategy. I may just make a deck entirely around that, especially when you take something like Felidar Sovereign into consideration.
This discussion has been closed.