Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @TheWanderer Is that image a clickable link?
  • I am confused bout how this works exactly
  • just copy paste the text that is highlighted in yellow and follow the other directions
  • "Create a card that meets the criteria of part 1 of the Princess Sophia Encounter."
    Determine The Culprit.

When did Susannah begin to obsess with Immortality?(If I'm doing this properly.)

Another box please.
  • edited December 2019
    Mystery Box Prize List
    Please note that the Community Box prize list has only "Prize#12: The Doozie" and "Prize #122" revealed. The prize #'s are 0-145.

0. In your batch, no one will get their prizes, but everyone can create a card for as many of the challenges as they'd like. They must post all cards they decided to create before requesting their next box.
    1. ?
    2. ?
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. Two favorites of my choice -or- one of your choice
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. ?
    9. Double prize contents in your next box
    10. Choose a name. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen name.
    11. ?
    12. ?
    13. ?
    14. ?
    15. Two favorites of my choice
    16. Five favorites of your choice
    17. ?
    18. ?
    19. Three favorites of your choice
    20. ?
    21. ?
    22. Create a Community Mystery Prize
    23. Open the Community Mystery Box.
    24. ?
    25. ?
    26. ?
    27. ?
    28. Create a Weekly Challenge. This challenge will be posted at the top of the Mystery Box prize batches for 1 week. Anyone who creates a card for their Mystery Challenge that also satisfies the parameters of the Weekly Challenge will have the option to open a Community Mystery Box for their next box.
    29. ?
    30. Two favorites of your choice
    31. ?
    32. 1 favorite for every box with a prize this batch
    33. ?
    34. Create a Mystery Box prize
    35. Choose a color. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is also to create a card of the chosen color.
    36. Favorites on your two most recently created cards
    37. ?
    38. ?
    39. ?
    40. ?
    41. ?
    42. One favorite for every box with a prize in this batch
    43. ?
    44. ?
    45. ?
    46. ?
    47. Name any revealed, unnamed Mystery Box prize.
    48. ?
    49. Create an encounter
    50. 3 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    51. ?
    52. ?
    53. ?
    54. Favorites on your three most recently created cards
    55. ?
    56. ?
    57. ?
    58. ?
    59. Trade 1 favorite for a random prize
    60. ?
    61. ?
    62. Pick a set of 10 prize #'s; You get 1 prize at random from that set.
    63. Favorites on your five most recently created cards
    64. ?
    65. ?
    66. 4 favorites of my choice -OR- 2 of your choice
    67. ?
    68. Gifted Premium
    69. A randomly chosen box in the next batch will have a challenge that is to create you.
    70. ?
    71. ?
    72. ?
    73. Make a Daily Challenge
    74. ?
    75. The Mystery Box Avatar
    76. 2 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    77. Reveal an unrevealed prize from either prize list
    78. 3 favorites of my choice + 2 of your choice
    79. Create a new way to open the Community Mystery Box.
    80. ?
    81. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list.
    82. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get that prize.
    83. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get to name that prize.
    84. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Mystery Box prize list. You get to name that prize and you get that prize.
    85. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the CMB list
    86. Reveal an unrevealed prize from the CMB list; you name the prize.
    87. ?
    88. ?
    89: The Cardsmith Hapax Legomenon

Mystery Boxes
    In this batch, twighlight8 has given us an additional daily challenge. If you submit your card by EOD and successfully complete your Mystery Box challenge while creating a card that meets twighlight8's challenge criteria, you will guarantee a prize in your next box. The Daily Challenge is: Create a card that can return itself from your graveyard to your hand or to the battlefield.

@sorinjace Your mystery box contains:
    - 34: Create a Mystery Box prize
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a non-Aura Enchantment.

@twighlight8 Your mystery box contains:
    - 59: You may trade 1 favorite on one of my cards for a random prize.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Equipment card with an activated ability that costs colored mana to activate. See Sunforger for example.

@sammysammyson Your mystery box contains:
    - 9: Double prize contents in your next box
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that creates food tokens (A Food token is an artifact with "{t}, {2}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")

@Fantastickill7 Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with
    defender (This creature can't attack.)

@TheWanderer Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Tribal Instant.

@Amnorasmus Susannah's interest in immortality sparked not long after her best friend was found to be the carrier of a deadly plague virus. A few years ago, she began her research on death and dying, reading everything she could get her hands on in wizards' spell books and texts regarding afterlife. Her family caught on to this new found interest a couple years ago. It wasn't until this past year that this interest escalated into an obsession. She'd spend days and nights in the family basement. Within recent months, she'd come and go from the residence, spending at least one night abroad and usually returning with a large trash bag full of unknown items. Her family began to worry when a couple times she'd return with scratches on her face or hands and dirtied clothes. Your mystery box contains:
    - 85: Reveal an unrevealed prize from the Community Mystery Box List
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that's artwork features a mostly red hue. for example

"Create a Tribal Instant."

Also, if this qualifies for the encounter, I'd like to know how Art died.

One more box, if you don't mind!
  • edited November 2019
    "Create a card that's artwork features a mostly red hue."

If I am deciding the number for reward 85, I choose to reveal number 71.

Another box, please. No rush.
  • @jpastor
    Also just favourited Combustible Memories (https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/combustible-memories), awesome card. A prize and another box please!
  • @jpastor, can I have another box?
  • @jpastor
    Can I have another mystery box please.
  • no, I ment like, this contest, I'm not sure how this contest works lol
  • @TheWanderer No one knows when Art died or how. His first documented murder was only a few years ago, but since then, similar cold cases and accounts of graveyard disturbances may link Art to over 1,000 murders and grave vandalisms. These date back hundreds of years which may mean Art is centuries if not millennia old. Some have hypothesized that the acts Art has done are so evil, he may not even be a Zombie at all, but a Demon possessing a corpse. Your mystery box contains:
    - 87: You can decline this box's mystery challenge to open the Community Mystery Box.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with Sarpadian Empires in its flavor text.

@Amnorasmus You've decided to reveal prize 71 from the Community Mystery Box prize list. #71 is "1 favorite of my choice + 2 favorites of your choice". Your mystery box contains:
    - 61: One favorite of your choice should you chose to accept.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Kavu creature card.

@twighlight8 Your mystery box contains:
    - 33: You may reshuffle this box's Mystery Challenge.
    - 80: Rename a prize that's already been given a name. (Note that there is only one prize that's been given a name: Prize 89: "Gotcha?") You may rename this prize from "Gotcha?" to something else.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card named Foible.

@Ranshi922 Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact card with small font.

@Dizzydude Your mystery box contains:
    - 79: Create a new way to open the Community Mystery Box
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a rare spell with Chaos in its name.

@Xero0 You can view the description on page 1. All you do is ask for a Mystery Box.
    2. I give you a mystery box.
    3. It may contain a prize, but will always contain a challenge.
    4. You must create a card that meets your challenge.
    5. Then you can ask for another Mystery Box.
  • Not sure what the community mystery box is, but I'll open it, declining this challenge. Can I still request another mystery box?
  • edited November 2019
    @TheWanderer It works the same as a mystery box. You'll need to complete this challenge before you request another box. Your Community Mystery Box contains:
    - 131: Tag this discussion in a comment on the card you make for this box's Mystery Challenge for a guaranteed prize in your next box.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature card that has an intentional and slightly obvious flaw in its design, text, or formatting. Then post it here and to the following discussion: Post Your Cards Here - Actually See What Others Think.
  • Foible:
    Bonus points if you know where the quote and art are from!

I will rename the prize, while we're on the subject of obscure words, to The Cardsmith Hapax Legomenon - one of my favourites, and (hopefully) appropriate.

Another box please!!!
  • okay, and what was all that bout the extra challenges, how does that one work exactly?
    also, give me a mystery box plz haha
  • It is done.

This was painful, and yet so funny to me. Another mystery box?
  • edited November 2019
    "Create a card that creates Food tokens."

Another box, aye?

Also, I'm not 100% sure how this works yet, so I do apologize. Am I still allowed to submit a card for the "Create a card that can return itself from your graveyard to your hand or to the battlefield" challenge, or has that ended (you mentioned until EOD when talking about it)? Thanks in advance!
  • @jpastor
    So I’m not quite sure what I’m supposed to do with prize 79, but I made the card.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/chaos-power
  • @jpastor 'Create a creature with defender.'

I'll have another mystery box.
  • @jpastor, due to technical contrivances that I am dealing with, I can't use Cardsmith itself right now. Could I have a challenge that isn't Cardsmith specific such as one involving font?
  • edited November 2019
    Challenge: Create a permanent card with a Core set symbol.

Entry:

@jpastor - I would like a regular mystery box, please.
  • Oof, forgot about this for a bit! I'll try to post my card within the week! Juggling some things rn
  • As a reminder, we have an ongoing Encounter. We are starting to run out of time. Whoever took Princess Sophia must be found, captured, and then we must rescue the princess. If we do not find the culprit in time, their plan may lay waste to the Mystery Box plane. This won't be good for us. We are currently on Step 1 of 3. Below is the additional criteria. Remember that this criteria tacks on to your Mystery Box challenge. If your Mystery Box challenge is "Create a green card," then to fulfill this Encounter's challenge, you'd need to create "A green card that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard." I've started to include optional tack-on challenges in colored font.

1) Create cards that investigate, search, look, or cycle through your library, hand, or graveyard. (The clues to learning more about each suspect and determining which one is the culprit are in our library. We just need to make cards that, like in a Magic game, find the cards we need. With each card we create that meets this criteria, you can ask a question about a suspect or piece of evidence from the case.)

@twighlight8 Nice rename! Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature that's a ghost (aka a Spirit). [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a creature that's a ghost with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@Xero0 The additional challenge works like a tack-on. See your mystery challenge as an example. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a red and blue permanent. [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a red and blue permanent with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@TheWanderer Your Mystery Box contains:
    - 13 Name a subtype. I will choose a random challenge in the next batch of boxes to also include the subtype as part of the challenge.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent with "Pay # life". [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a permanent with "Pay # life" and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]
    ]
    @SammySammyson That additional challenge tacks on to your Mystery Challenge. You would have needed to make a card that "creates food tokens and that can return itself from the graveyard." Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Remake any card created by any Cardsmith from the year 2014. (To remake a card, choose similar art, and make any changes you feel necessary to the card. Be sure to credit the Cardsmith in your entry.) [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead remake any card created by any Cardsmith from the year 2014 with or to include an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@DizzydudeThere are currently only a couple ways to open the Community Mystery Box. One way is that you can get a prize in your Mystery Box that allows you to open it. Another way is that you can decline your Mystery Box prize ("I don't want this prize, I'd rather open the Community Mystery Box for my next box."). With your help, let's find another way to open the Community Mystery Box, because those are quite fun and not as common.

@Fantastickill7 Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with P/T 1/1 that's mana cost is greater than 3. [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a creature with P/T 1/1 that's mana cost is greater than 3 with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@Ranshi Still having difficulties?

@TenebrisNemo Nice job fulfilling this and a circuit entry with one card. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that enters the battlefield with a set number of any type of counters on it. [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a permanent that enters the battlefield with a set number of any type of counters on it and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]
  • @jpastor, to an extent.
  • @jpastor, at this very moment, if I complete the previous challenge, could I have a full new box before you depart?
  • edited December 2019
    @jpastor, can I have a quick box?
This discussion has been closed.