Midnight Mansion

124»

Comments

• edited December 2019
    cards smithed, story and entries being officially submitted tomorrow yeet
  • I might need a little more time to find art for my card.
  • It’s fine. Extending till 6 entries.
  • (Both entries are linked to their Cardsmith equivalents.)

Azuteth stares down at his plate. Sitting upon it is his most prized possession: Akz'n. With great caution, he moves his head into a position where he can lick the book. Sure enough, it's not Akz'n, but rather some strange food replica. Whatever the case, he starts gobbling it down (perhaps appearing rude due to his lack of ability to use utensils). As stated, it doesn't stomach too well, but it does sort of make up for it by causing Azuteth to feel oddly empowered.

• Why does everyone have to eat books?
  • I'll come if people invite me here out... always feel free to ask.
  • @Tommia

Seeing as how this mansion just grabbed Niyan from non-existence, is it safe to say we might have a crossover in the Sitia thread?
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cream-of-stone-soup

As the bowl was put in front of Terin, there was a rattle coming from in it. When he looked in, there was a stone in it! A very familiar stone...
    Reaching for his pocket, Terin tried to grab his shadow stone. It was gone! And now he was forced to eat it.
  • @EnvyReaper We already have a crossover between Lakas and Stitia. As for this? Well, no one said why the Arcanum was so unstable.
  • :O Is this going to be one big connected universe????
  • @Tommia

Hold on, where did Rafael go again?
  • edited December 2019
    @EnvyReaper About 5 people went to a different plane. Think on the level of Serra's Realm or the Meditation Realm
  • @envyreaper I have connected Clancularis and Krystel.
  • For some reason I thought we kind of got plopped here from various places in the multiverse. Oh well, Azuteth is still from post-Desolation Lakas.
  • Y’all I need (at least) one of these two:
    -More submissions
    -Some refreshments (blood)
  • *Is being tempted to try and join late because crossovers*
  • Why isn't anyone doing this?
  • hmmm, I might join, it depends on whether or not finals are gonna be a weight on my back like a tumor.
  • “ALRIGHT, CONTESTANTS! That challenge didn’t seem to attract much attention, somewhat rightfully. Anyone who submitted gets an extra health point. Now, your next challenge begins!”

You are forced into an open door into the beginning of my “maze” of sorts. What is your character’s reaction to the first room, which is slowly filling with sand?
  • edited January 2020
    Athmel is vomiting from eating his spellbook earlier, though he couldn't tell if it was from eating that which was inedible, or being sickened by the loss of the one thing he prized above all else; his life, the very thing he lived with, and his whole life's work.

As he knelt down on the floor, trying to regain his composure, Athmel was yoked up by his collar.

"Unhand me, you freaks! You can't expect me to stay here- ACK!"

Athmel felt drained from having to eat his spellbook, plus he wasn't a fighter anyways. He was helpless as he was forced, with everyone else, into the next room.

"Oahhh!"

A thud can be heard against the door as it closes, and suddenly, Athmel appears from having used an invisibility spell to try to escape. He collapses on the floor.

"Syr Grym, what is the meaning of this?! First you try to hide your secrets with magic, then you destroy my spellbook. What do you have against me-"

A mechanical click echoes in the room, and it suddenly begins to fill with sand. Athmel looks to find an exit, but nothing works. He tries to destroy the door, but to no prevail.

Now, the sand has rapidly risen to Athmel's chest. It won't be long before those in the room become trapped under the silky grains. But that's when an idea comes to mind,

"Everyone! I have an idea, but it could be dangerous. I need to ask everyone to get as low as they can!"

As those in the room duck down, Athmel prepares a fiery blast. The sand is up to his shoulders, but it begins to turn to glass as fire surrounds him. Then finally, with a desperate wave of his hand, the room is set alight.

The walls are covered in a thick layer of glass as the spell smelts it. He isn't sure if anyone got hurt, but he does find some satisfaction when he realizes that no more sand is coming.
  • edited January 2020
    Vita is used to sand, living in a pond. When more sand breaks through the glass, Vita uses her ice-like breath on the sand. The heat from the glass melts the ice and so the sand is wet.
  • I'm not in charge here.
  • Erm, if you do what you need to.
  • I think I was the only one who really enjoys this.
  • Korand, I appreciate it, but let me handle it — sometimes, you may not realize it, but your comments come across a little rude.
This discussion has been closed.