Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• edited December 2019
    "Create a creature that's a ghost with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard."
    Another box please!!!
  • @jpastor could I have another mystery box?

- A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with P/T 1/1 that's mana cost is greater than 3. [Optional: To fulfill the Encounter criteria and receive a prize in your next box, you may instead create a creature with P/T 1/1 that's mana cost is greater than 3 with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

"Create a permanent with "Pay # life" and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard."

And for "- 13 Name a subtype. I will choose a random challenge in the next batch of boxes to also include the subtype as part of the challenge." I choose the subtype Shrine.

I would also like another box, please.
  • edited December 2019
    @Ranshi Your quick mystery box contains:
    - 4 favorites of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Fungus creature card [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@twighlight8, @Fantastickill7, @TheWanderer, please let me know which suspect you have a question about and what your question is.
  • Oops. Alright, then - my question is this:

Have the limits (potential holes, resilience, etc) of the barrier around Io's laboratory been thoroughly tested? If so, are there any odd features about it?
  • @jpastor
    I'm confused... what am I supposed to be doing?
  • @jpastor, another quick box thing!
    Now what's with this suspect thing?
  • @jpastor is the virus that Io is preparing for the same as the one that Sophia carries? And if so, might Io have her in quarantine somewhere?
  • @Ranshi View the previous pages for the encounter. Your quick mystery box contains:
    - 1 favorite of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Lair.
  • edited December 2019
    @jpastor, when is the next regular box volley incoming?
    My question pertaining to the case is "Who is the perpetrator?"
  • edited December 2019
    @jpastor, can I have a quick box?
  • edited December 2019
    @Ranshi Your quick mystery box contains:
    - jpastor's choice: Challenge Reshuffle (You may reshuffle this box's challenge.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell with Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.) [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]
  • Mystery Challenge: Create a permanent that enters the battlefield with a set number of any type of counters on it.

Entry:

@jpastor - Does my entry fulfill the requirement of the optional challenge? It returns creature cards from graveyard, but doesn't specifically "search" it. Anyhow, I would like a new mystery box, please.
  • @TheWanderer No, the limits of the forcefield haven't been tested. Which is why we are going to embark on a mission to investigate the island. We'll need a couple cards though. Your mystery box contains:
    - 35: Choose a color. A random mystery box in the next batch will have a challenge that uses the chosen color.
    - A Mystery Challenge: We will need to determine if Io's island poses any threat. To do this, you'll need to investigate the forcefield. If passable, we will then need to investigate Io's laboratory to see if she may have anything to do with the Princess' disappearance. Create a card with cycling that also investigates or explores.

@Fantastickill7 You'll need to read up on the previous pages about the Princess Sophia Encounter. Your mystery box contains:
    - 73: Make a daily challenge. This will appear as an optional tack-on challenge for 1 day.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Simic-colored hybrid card [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@twighlight8 There is a good reason to believe that the virus Io is preparing for is an airborne virus. This would explain why the island's forcefield appears to be an impervious bubble - to keep the air outside from ever entering inside. Princess Sophia's contagion is an airborne virus. If Io is preparing for this vary virus, Io would likely be keeping Princess Sophia captive in her laboratory where she may be experimenting with ways to distribute the Princesses virus throughout the plane. @TheWanderer is leading a team of investigators to the island to scope it out and determine if Io is the perpetrator. With any luck, Princess Sophia will be there too, and we'll be able to find a way to rescue her. Your mystery box contains:
    - 86: You may reveal and name an unrevealed prize from the Community Mystery Box Prize list.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with the Boros clan watermark on it [Optional: and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

@TenebrisNemo Your mystery box contains:
    - 3: Provide a link to artwork. A randomly chosen Mystery Box in the next batch will have a challenge that must also use the chosen artwork.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with a line separating the ability text from the flavor text [Optional: and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]See example

@Ranshi Your mystery box contains:
    - 68: Gifted Premium (You may gift to another player.)
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an instant spell with "rather than pay this spell's mana cost" as part of its alternative casting cost [Optional: and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

• "We will need to determine if Io's island poses any threat. To do this, you'll need to investigate the forcefield. If passable, we will then need to investigate Io's laboratory to see if she may have anything to do with the Princess' disappearance. Create a card with cycling that also investigates or explores."

"Choose a color. A random mystery box in the next batch will have a challenge that uses the chosen color."

I choose red.

Can I get a quick mystery box?

• @TheWanderer We've determined that the forcefield is nothing more than a shimmer. Apparently the captain's tale of wyvern crashing into an invisible wall is just a tale of fiction. As we made our way into Io's lab, we found the place to be mostly abandoned. The lights were on, but nobody was around and rooms were more or less empty. As we were leaving the premises, we came across an empty well on the edge of the property. We cranked the barrel up only to find that a platform was attached, not a barrel. This was no water well, but an elevator shaft. One-by-one, we cranked our way down. Once at the bottom, we made our way to the only passage in the tight space and walked our way into a well lit chamber accompanied by the smell of death and ammonia. In the corner of the room, Io lay deceased. Her body surrounded by mud and insects and flesh-eating vermin. She had a few stab wounds in her abdomen and a blood-stained knife clenched in her cold, dead hands. Her wounds appear to have been self-inflicted, though they were quite deep and enlarged as though she had not only stabbed herself, but twisted the knife a couple of times with each insertion. All this with no sign of the Princess. Io can be eliminated as a suspect. Your quick mystery box contains:
    - 5 favorites of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Wall creature [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]
  • edited December 2019
    @jpastor

Another box please!
  • edited December 2019
    @jpastor
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Simic-colored hybrid card [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]

• edited December 2019
    @jpastor, does revealing count as searching in hands?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/electrostatic-freeze

Can I have a quick box?
    I'd also like to wait and think about who to give the premium to if that's alright!
  • @Ranshi Your quick mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Dragon [Optional: with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.]
  • @jpastor where is this princess story thing?

make my daily challenge thing be "Create a card that creates 0/2 token/tokens"
  • @jpastor
    can I have a quick box?
  • edited December 2019
    @Fantastickill7 Your quick mystery box contains:
    - Two faves of my choice
    - A Mystery Challenge:
    Create a card that mentions a subtype [Optional: and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard,] [Optional: and that creates 0/2 creature tokens.] Example
  • Where was the last place Lo was seen? and was she behaving oddly?
  • - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card that mentions a subtype [Optional: and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard,] [Optional: and that creates 0/2 creature tokens.]

@jpastor can I have another quick box?
  • edited December 2019
    Mystery challenge: Create a card with a line separating the ability text from the flavor text and with an ability that investigates, searches, looks, or cycles through your library, hand, or graveyard.

Entry:

@jpastor - I'd like a new mystery box, please. And here's the artwork link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XBXrWy
This discussion has been closed.