Rashura (Action/Adventure Hybrid; LAST DAY TO JOIN IS NOVEMBER 22ND!)

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Sorry I forgot this for a week! Things have been complicated irl, so sneak in your last minute entries and I'll be judging this Monday.
  • it's okay
    wish ya luck!
  • One week later, I'm bacc and ready to attacc. I'll be working on judging now for round one.
  • Before I judge, we sadly have a DNQ and a few null submissions. DNQs sadly won't make it to the next round. Null submissions, you have used your only late pass, and will be kept alive. This won't happen again.

@kandra127 - DNQ

Null Submissions

@TezzeretofCarmot21
    @Schmoohawk
    @Blazin_Biscuit
    @Bowler218
    @Termite1
    @Mantis17
  • Everyone else passed! Round 2 will start as soon as I can get it up and running!
  • edited December 2019
    @Mir-151414

Round Two

Your encounters may of been troublesome, but the fight isn't over. Some of you only survive because of miracles, the interference of strangers or higher powers. No matter the reason you survived, you'll have to keep yourself safe ever further, especially as the outskirts of the world begin to crumble as the sky folds down...

- @shadow123 @HeroKP @ASubtleGhost

The Wrath is highly weakened by Yadgar's mental attack, taking its rage out on Lilac's image as the mage fled the scene. Erixmethane tries to tap into the creature's conscience as it begins to dissipate. Any other mind mage would be driven insane by the sheer trauma and insanity that fuels the undead Wraths, but Erixmethane is able to subdue it for a brief moment... before it suddenly explodes in a burst of flame. The library begins to burn down, and it's readily apparent that it will no longer be safe...

@shadow123 @HeroKP Decide if you want to ally, fight, or part ways.

- @Credius @Schmoohawk

As a torrent of illusory dragons surround the gargoyle, it is smashed to bits faster than it can reassemble. One of the illusions takes off its arm, and another steals one of its wings, and it plummets to the ground defenseless. It careens by the Manaflux, damaging them, but not significantly. The illusions attempt to feast on what remains of the gargoyle, before it crumbles into dust.

@Credius @Schmoohawk Decide if you want to ally, fight, or part ways. You can stay where you are or leave, since you are currently safe.

- @IzItTru @Blazin_Biscuit

The snake begins to coil around Solomon, restraining him. He quickly grows weak as he hears bones begin to crack, and he is unable to cast a spell for the life of him. Thankfully for him, Brion is already fighting the snake, and just in the knick of time, an ephemeral arrow kills the cobra.

@IzItTru @Blazin_Biscuit Decide if you want to ally, fight, or part ways. You can stay where you are or leave, since you are currently safe.

@Bowler218 @KorandAngels

Arcur is puzzled by the strange being approaching, but as it begins to sweep them off of their feet, they realize they need to act. Looking back on their magic studies, they gather a great deal of mana and attack, barely able to prepare the spell in time as they and Avariel are launched off the mountaintop.

@KorandAngels Giving you a free pass. I failed to correct you when I saw your entry was over the CMC limit.

- @sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos @Xero0

Des notices the sheer number of merfolk surrounding them, and decides it would be best if they fled the area. Charging mana into a strange device, they suddenly disappeared, and the water rushed in to fill their place. Alone, Mason had to improvise. Curving the mana in the water around the merfolk, he trapped them in a bubble. Struggling, the oxygen in the acidic water ran out, and the merfolk were suffocated inside the bubble as he fled. All in good timing, as the water begins to rush in, and waves form in the distance.

Good thing you fled. The area was compromised anyways.

- @JackDraco @Termite1

Ando flees the area, leaving Slefa alone. They are flustered by the sheer number of attacking golems, and one of them pick her up and slam her against the cavern wall, breaking several bones. Another slam, and Slefa fears it may be too late as she begins to cough up blood. On the third impact, however, the wall caves in, revealing a tunnel to the surface. Rocks crumble from above, blocking the golems from attacking her further, and she is thankful for this stroke of luck. It just saved her life.

- @ouser94501

The man reaches his hands out to grab you, an ominous aura surrounding them. Despite his resistance to your magic, his physical form is somewhat feeble. You push him away, donning your cloak as a countermeasure to his death magic. In one moment, his hand passes through your fading form, and you vanish...

- @Mantis17

You are helpless as the assailant unsheathes her sword.

"Silly, silly, naivet. Such strong, powerful creature brought down with mere chains. Your death won't be in vain, though. Your wares ought to fetch high price on market, as will corpse!"

As her blade bears down on you, you are startled as a red blast comes through the window, striking the blade and weaving through the chains that bind you. In a moment's notice, you're freed against the unarmed attacker, and she flees, quickly taking your belongings as she escapes.

Will you pursue her?
  • @shadow123

Erixmethane stares at Yadgar with her eyes as cold as ice and as blue as ice. She speaks into his mind, telling him as directly as possible without intruding into his mindscape.

"I am not here to make friends. One of such intellect as I has no need for companions. Yet, mathematically, we have higher odds of survival if we form a mutual aid agreement, helping each other survive until the time comes to part ways. So I propose we venture across this plane together, at least for the time being."
  • edited December 2019
    Sorry.
  • edited December 2019
    It's okay. I really should of said something.

Anyways, my brain is dead for storytelling right now, so I'll be thinking. For everyone who I'm not waiting for a response from, I'll work on challenges tomorrow when I'm not braindead.
  • What was my challenge @Tommia?
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21 To make a card, in general, just with an added challenge
  • @HeroKP

Yadgar responded with equal coldness and clarity in Erixmethane’s mind.

“I’ve given up this whole friends thing a while ago. But I agree. We just need to escape from this library first.”

“Of course we do,”
    the Sphinx replied curtly in his head.

The Sphinx soared upwards, gracefully dodging falling debris. She quickly turned and beat her large wings, directing the flaming debris to the opposite side of the building. Yadgar scapmered from shelf to shelf, grabbing as many un damaged books as he could find.

“Let’s go, the building won’t hold much longer.”

Both Yadgar and Erixmethane raced out of the building. Then, it collapsed.
  • @Tommia

From the looks of it, @HeroKP and I are teaming up :)
  • Welp. Still kind of braindead. I'll think everything over and get to work
  • My mind is alive! I can actually think straight! Time to get cracking!
  • edited December 2019
    CHALLENGES

Note: Unless otherwise noted, you do not have to make a direct response to the card if you are given a challenge to create a card. You entry's success is determined solely by score.

No cards with CMC higher than 4

- @Mir-151414 (Weyard)

As you run out the door, you realize that something isn't right here. The stairs in front of the building... lead to nothing. Nothing but a boundless sea of clouds. The building is floating on nothing. As you go to reenter the building, the doors won't budge, and everything begins to collapse as you are left tumbling towards the-

@sanjaya666 / @Fallen_Lord_Vulganos (Des)

As Des reappears in an open clearing, he encounters a sleeping barbaric warrior unlike anyone he's ever seen. It could be a Gruul berserker, but their appearance and war paint don't match up. As Weyard wakes up from his rest and looks at him, he is just as bewildered. He has never seen anything like Des, a metallic shell bearing a humanoid form.

Decide if you want to ally, fight, or part ways. You can stay where you are or leave, since you are currently safe.

- @shadow123 (Yadgar) + @HeroKP (Erixmethane)

As you crash through a window, soaring on Erixmethane's wings, the immaculate library behind you, filled with eons of sacred knowledge, begins to dissolve, as if it were never there.

"Who... who dares pervert the knowledge this world has come to bear?"

As the library fades into a swirling fantasia of glowing light, something emerges from it.

"You... this is your doing, isn't it?"

You will need to find a way to avoid the Avatar's wrath. Make a card representing your response. This is not a direct response.

Bonus Challenge: No effects to gain control of creatures, or cause players to discard cards.

- @ASubtleGhost (Lilac)

As you run down a set of stairs to the outside, you realize you're in a city. You look around, and soon, you realize that a group of soldiers are approaching fast.

"Freeze! Trespassing in the Arbiter's Library and burning it to the ground? You Idealist scum need to learn your place."

You are about to be captured and imprisoned. Will you fight the soldiers surrounding you, or let yourself be imprisoned?

- @Bowler218 (Avariel)

As you plummet down the cliffside, you strike the mountain multiple times, breaking several bones. As you tumble further and further, you realize that your wounds may soon become fatal.

Make a card that protects you in some way, or would otherwise end/break your fall. It must be an instant or have flash.

- @Xero0 (Mason)

The wave crashes into you, sending you slamming against rocks, flying through the air, and back down into the water repeatedly. Eventually, with one last launch, the wave throws you high enough to see the castle again, and you see a roguish figure in a mask, standing on the balcony. He sends down a rope, which is just within reach.

Will you trust this man to save you?

- @JackDraco (Ando)

As you escape the ruins, you notice something in the distance. A lit campfire.

Will you investigate?

- @KorandAngels (Arcur)

The recoil from the dispelling attack, in conjunction with the momentum from the whirlwind, sends you hundreds of feet into the air. Try as you might, you can't seem to find a way to slow your fall, so you brace for impact

@Termite1 (Slefa)

As Slefa emerges from the cave, she comes across a glowing blue font of water. She looks around, and there seems to be no other entrance or exit to the area. She looks up, and-

*SPLASH!*

Suddenly, Arcur slams into the water, sending the glowing aqua into Slefa and the cave walls. As Arcur goes to stand, he realizes he's glowing blue. He feels revitalized, and ready to take on anything that comes his way. Meanwhile, Slefa begins to glow as well. Whatever font this is has magical powers... *sublime* magical powers.

"To those who have entered the realm of the ancients... I welcome you. I offer to anyone a blessing of power and of knowledge... at the cost of one beating heart..."

The voice implies a battle to the death. Will you oblige?

- @ouser94501 (Montague)

After a moment, you reappear in the middle of a dimly lit wood. You're alone. Not even wildlife mingles with the silent, empty forest. You look around to make sure you're safe, when you finally sit down to rest.

"You know my secrets."

Secrets?

"You know where I live. You must die, unless you wish to stay with me forever."

Suddenly, your hazy form is interrupted by the appearance of an ephemeral being. Its first swipe feels as though it shreds through your soul, and you know there may not be a third if it were to land a second.

Make a card to deal with the Familiar. It does not have to be a direct response.

Bonus Challenge: Nothing that targets an opponent's creature.
  • @TezzeretofCarmot21 As the mare turns towards you, you prepare to defend yourself. Try as you might, the force of the sand pelting you forces you to stand down, hoping the mare's attacks will end.

Soon, the mare seems to have finally given up it's chase, but the sandstorm still rages on.

Make some kind of area effect spell. You can use a CMC of up to 6.

Bonus Challenge: No until end of turn effects.
  • @Tommia Do I have a challenge?
  • @IzItTru You have to decide if you want to ally with Blazin_Biscuit, fight him, or go your separate way.
  • edited December 2019
    @Tommia, oh right, sorry! Brion will split of from the Ogre attempting to find a way out of the forest.
  • @Tommia Then I shall introduce myself to the barbarian and see the response by saying 'Hello there.'
  • Best thing to keep you from dieing?
    Totem Armour!
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/helping-hand-17
  • I don't know what to do.
  • @KorandAngels You need to either agree or disagree to the voice's request for you to battle Slefa.
  • The wording of the Voice's request implies an evil sacrificial ritual. Arcur disagrees.
  • So, @Tommia. What exactly did you do? I see you mentioned my guy I made ( Weyart ) is that like an add-on to his story? I'm confused.
  • @Mir-151414 Yes. I needed to get you into a position where you would be with other players.
  • edited December 2019
    Montague recoils from the slash. He sees a smoky form darting between, no, through the trees. Why, you little- Montague thinks right before the form, now taking the shape of a cat, goes in for another blow. The angel unfurls his wings and takes to the skies. "Do you hear me old man?" Montague yells, rising high above the forest. "I gave you a chance to leave me alone, and yet you come after me. Do you even know what you're dealing with?" Montague raises his right hand. "My kind doesn't forget very easily, you know." The air fills with the smell of a coming storm as clouds start to brew over the forest. "I'll give you a promise, then. As soon as I can, I will come for you and personally see the life drain out of your eyes. But first," The sound of booming thunder fills the sky. "I think I'll kill your cat."
    Dozens, no, hundreds, no, thousands of bolts of lightning hit the forest below Montague. As the rain of electrical carnage devastated the woodland below, the corrupted angel sood in the center of the storm completely unscathed. Montague knew that the spell he casted, a spell that the people of his plane called the "Decree of Thunder", seemed to have a mind of its own. He knew that the spell targets every living thing in its radius, except beings it deemed "important". Montague had no idea how it judged who was "important" or not, but he knew by experience that he was one of them.
    The angel artificer landed on the forest floor. It seemed that the smoky apparition sent to kill him was no longer there. Whether it was actually dead or just ran away, he didn't know. He hoped it was the former. "That was your second warning. I won't give you a third.", he said. The old man did not answer. Without anything better to do, Montague continued on.
  • edited December 2019
    Alrighty. Looks like both of you passed! I'll give details on my scores, and exact corrections on any grammar or syntax errors.

@Bowler218 Helping Hand

- 6 points for overall card balance
    - 1 point for realism, proper grammar and syntax, and the like (-0.5 Punctuation -1 Grammar and syntax -2 Severe syntax error that renders the enchantment effect non-functioning -0.5 Should specify attacking or blocking creature.)
    - 4 points for following the color pie and the ideals of your color (combo).
    - 3 points for proper rarity and difficulty
    - 2 points for fitting flavor and overall card feel

It's a good thing I knew Estrid, the Masked existed, or else this would of been a little more difficult. Definitely balanced, but the syntax needs a lot of help.

Remove target creature you control from combat, create a token white enchantment called Helping Hand with totem armour and equip it to that creature.

If the combat removal is mandatory: Remove target attacking or blocking creature you control from combat. Create a white Aura enchantment token named Helping Hand attached to that creature. The token has enchant creature and totem armor.

If you intended for it to be optional: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Helping Hand attached to target creature. The token has enchant creature and totem armor. Then, if that creature is attacking or blocking, your may remove it from combat.

@ouser94501 Smite the Unworthy

- 4 points for overall card balance (-2 Slightly undercosted, ref: Urza's Ruinous Blast and other board wipes. I'd make this 5 cmc)
    - 4 points for realism, proper grammar and syntax, and the like. (-1 Minor syntax error)
    - 4 points for following the color pie and the ideals of your color (combo).
    - 3 points for proper rarity and difficulty
    - 2 points for fitting flavor and overall card feel

This one was pretty simple to judge, and other than minor balance/syntax qualms, it was a fairly good card.

Destroy all nonlegendary creatures. Smite The Unworthy deals 3 damage to each player who doesn't control a legendary creature.

Destroy all creatures that aren't legendary. Smite The Unworthy deals 3 damage to each player who doesn't control a legendary creature.
  • mason would grab the rope yes, should I make a card for him grabbing the rope?
This discussion has been closed.