Stitia, Plane of 13 Deaths (RPG Style Saga/My First Saga)

Comments

• @MonkeyPirate2002 @Pepperoni As the lantern draws on the essence of the spirits, they are left helpless by the pulling of the lantern. Suddenly, Tiel's spirit is made tangible.

"What in the name of..."

Def shuts the lantern, but before he can speak again, a scream is heard in the distance. K'Trinop is gone.

"Tiel-"
    "Silence, Davi- wait! Where'd K'Trinop go?!"

The cultists in the room divert to find the source of the scream, but what they find is something they regret looking for...

A dark angel, blade held firmly in hand. Even before the blade was corrupted, but now, it has twisted into a greater and more cruel form.

"I do not know who you are... but your blade is mine."

The blade dripped with the blood of a freshly slain cultist. His eyes were filled with the burning rage of a madman enthralled.

"You know K-"

*CRAK!*

Lightning strikes Def, and in the blink of an eye, he is gone. His knife and lantern fall to the ground, and his basin spills oily, ephemeral blood all over the floor.

"GAH! Def!" David rolls onto his knees and crawls over, but everything is gone, reduced to dust. Loyalty begins to go on a frenzy, slaying cultist after cultist. "Stop it! Please!"

The angel turns to David, riding on wings of shadow.

@MonkeyPirate2002 What will you do with the remaining cultist?
  • @Tommia @Bowler218

Sowwy about that. Real quick, creatures are allowed, right? I have one for my allies, but I don't think I'd be using a bow anytime soon.
  • @TAHMURAS Yeah. You can submit cards of any type except planeswalkers.
  • For me:

Using my ability to forge fire, I create a phoenix to attack Vyrx.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wildfire-phoenix-1

As for my allies, I'll order them to launch a flaming volley of arrows.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/burning-arrow-1

Anyways, how are the people posting images of their cards?
  • edited December 2019
    // @EnvyReaper I think you'll probably say no, so I'll start preparing the next part of your adventure for that, but...

This Zanletesh seems to be very knowledgeable. Will you ask them about anything before you leave? If so, what will you ask them about?
  • @Tommia Wait, I’m confused as to what form I took
  • edited December 2019
    @MonkeyPirate2002 Right now you're still possessing Loyalty's sword.

(UPDATE: And technically possessing Loyalty through the sword.)
  • Kill... Everyone...
  • New post @Tommia
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete-explanation
    too sick to know if the new stuff is good.
  • edited December 2019
    @Tommia

I want some info that can point me towards an undisclosed agent from Zanletesh before we leave
  • edited December 2019
    // @EnvyReaper Sorry for the typo. Zanletesh. I can assure you Zanletesh has no connection to Khantsievth. I was sleepy yesterday and urgently trying to wrap up what I was doing. I assume that changes nothing though.
  • Oh, @Tommia
    I promise I didn't mean to steal the idea, but I just realized that in the Inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini, this idea is basically the same one that finally takes down Galbatorix. Oops. It still works, right?
  • @DrakeGladis I don't even know what you're talking about XD
  • @TAHMURAS Here's how to post the card as an image. Replace { with < and } with >.

{a href="insert card link here"}{img src="insert image link here" width="35%"}{/img}{/a}

This will create an image that leads to your card when clicked!
  • edited December 2019
    *idk why it didn't post the first one until I posted the second. Oops!*
  • Ok. Just wanted you to know that that was a correlation, not a causation.
  • (is eager for results…)
  • edited December 2019
    @Bowler218 @TAHMURAS

The vampire lies on the ground, barely holding on for dear life. He has been bound with vines, the best restraint the Bloodwood had access to. Vryx and Arlin had come to save him, but it was clear they weren't facing mere Bloodwood. Vryx prepares to attack, while Arlin vanishes, bow and quiver seeming to float through the air as though ethereal. The elves ready their bows and aim. It was life or death for everyone, and one life hung in the balance. The saviors knew not what the Bloodwood intended to do to him, but it likely involved him not being alive.

Tahmuras is the first to attack, going in close to strike Vryx. However, he dodges. While Tahmuras may certainly be stronger, this advantage meant nothing against Vryx. His newfound power allowed him to swiftly avoid each and every attack, parrying whenever he got a chance. Tahmuras is flustered by the werebird's speed, and Vryx tries to take the opening to rush him. Just before he strikes, Tahmuras counterattacks, retaliating with a clothesline. As he goes to punish Vryx's failed attack, Vryx quickly moves out of the way. While a simple blow may not of done much to harm Vryx, he couldn't afford to take another chance like that.

Vryx quickly stands back up, and tries to think of a strategy. Then, he remembers. Gaining his bearings, he lifts up into the air and begins to ascend, just in time to avoid another savage strike. As he flies to gain speed, Tahmuras tries to think. Unlike the elves, he had no access to weaponry. He was a berserker, a shaman. He was trained to fight barehanded, armed with nothing more than the potent pyromancy that had been passed through the ages. And summoning magic. Left with no other reasonable method to attack Vryx, he summons a phoenix and orders it to attack...

Meanwhile, Arlin appears in a sheltered tree and aims Thylinder at the apparent general. She's confident Vryx can take care of Tahmuras. She draws, and in the blink of an eye-

"AH!" How did they already find me?

An arrow pierces her shoulder, and her aim falters from the burning pain. Normally, even an arrow through her string hand wouldn't be enough to phase her, but the arrow burned with magic fire, singeing her skin and leaving her in extreme pain. The arrow slips out of her hand and leaves the bow, missing its target. However, as it flies, another arrow intersects it. Her arrow splits it, but in a moment, her arrow burns to ashes.

Arlin retreats, leaving the bow aside and flying away in her spirit form. Arrow after arrow flies past her former location, setting trees and brush on fire. She tries to find an opening in the enemy's defense, some kind of weak point she can exploit to gain the upper hand. But just as she finds a new vantage point...

"I think I see her!"
    "GAH!"

Even in her spirit form, the fire burns at her very soul as two more arrows strike Arlin. She falls out of the tree and onto the ground, now again in her elven form. She scurries away, dodging arrow after arrow, but her retreat is interrupted as one more arrow strikes her, this time directly in the knee. She screams, rolling over, but she quickly corrects herself to get to cover, avoiding what would of been a fatal arrow, had it of met its mark...

The scream drew the attention of Vryx. He looks behind him, and notices a burning presence pursuing him. A phoenix. He looks down, and sees Arlin. She isn't visibly bleeding, but he can tell something's not good. She limps as she tries to flee, and the elves below are closing in to surround her. She needs help.

Vryx beats his wings as hard as he can to gain up speed. While he was originally going to flank Tahmuras, there isn't time for that anymore. Tahmuras focuses his attention to the fallen Arlin, and moves in with the elves. He raises his hand, and with an invocation of flame and a battle cry, he and his allies charge her location. Vryx's heart thumps faster and faster as he desperately picks up his pace. He can't afford to lose her... not here... not today...

"Well well well! It looks like we have unfinished business..." One of the Bloodwood elves has made it to Arlin. They pick her up and restrain her. "...we can't have you coming back from the dead again, now can we?"

The elf pulls out a ritual knife. Everything seems to go silent around Vryx, except a loud thumping in his head. This can't be it. As if the whole world depended on it, instinct takes over. Going faster than his eye can see, he takes down the two elves holding Arlin, which attracts the attention of the rest, along with Tahmuras. Despite its smaller size, the phoenix can't seem to catch up, so Tahmuras braces to counterattack Vryx as he turns and swoops in. Sadly, all he accomplishes is taking the brunt of the attack. Vryx comes to a dead stop as he collides with the great figure. While Tahmuras barely budged, he could barely hold back a grimace as Vryx's talons penetrated his abdomen, drawing a moderate amount of blood...

@TAHMURAS You took 1 damage. You have 9/10 HP remaining.
    @Bowler218 Arlin took 3 damage. She has 2/5 HP remaining. It is advised that Arlin retreats, as another encounter could leave her fatally wounded, if not killed.

You may each decide whether or not you want to keep fighting, and you can issue your allies orders.
  • Rating Breakdown

Vryx - Gut
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 2 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (-1 Should be the creature dealing the damage; -1 should be Common)
    • 3 points for fitting the colors and themes of your character.
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 1 point for flavor

13/15

This one was a bit tricky, but Fall of the Hammer basically does exactly this without the tap, and it's always the creature dealing the damage.

VS.

Tahmuras - Wildfire Phoenix
    • 3 points for overall effect and balancing. (-1 Undercosted; -1 Ability is too hard to trigger, and extremely powerful when it does.)
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity.
    • 1 point for proper grammar and syntax (-1 "Whenever a land is destroyed..." should be "Whenever a land is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, If it wasn't sacrificed...")
    • 1 point for flavor

12/15

This one was very difficult to find a reference for. There are plenty of cards that track lands being put into graveyards, but none referenced this kind of effect, and none made copies of themselves. Only problem is, this can get out of hand. When a land gets destroyed, you'll create a copy. The next time a land is destroyed, if the copy is on the battlefield, its ability will trigger, meaning, assuming all of the copies plus the original stay on the field, you'll get exponential returns. Plus, this isn't to mention that land wipes will be catastrophic (Although only the phoenixes on the battlefield when the ability resolves will see the lands be destroyed.)

Overall, at worst the copy ability is niche, and you have a 3/3 flyer, which is meh. At most, however, you have a replicating army of phoenixes. Just a single land destruction will set you up with two 3/3 flyers.

1 Damage to Tahmuras

Arlin - Snapshot
    • 4 points for overall effect and balancing. (-1 Undercosted [Probably safe at 3 CMC])
    • 3 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity. (-1 should be uncommon)
    • 1 point for proper grammar and syntax (-1 Should specify "Attacking or blocking creature")
    • 1 point for flavor

12/15

Things were even tricker this go round! Removing creatures from combat is something that isn't touched much, and only on a couple select cards did I see it done against creatures you don't control. However, I could say with certainty that the combat removal effect would probably be two CMC on its own.

VS.

Bloodwood - Burning Arrow
    • 5 points for overall effect and balancing.
    • 4 points for realism, following color pie, and proper rarity.
    • 2 points for proper grammar and syntax
    • 1 point for flavor

15/15

This seems to fight right in a nice cranny. It's a perfect blend of Fell the Pheasant (No food as a drawback) and Lightning Bolt (Can't target players as a drawback). This is a plain and simple modal spell I could see Gruul using regularly.

3 Damage to Arlin
  • edited December 2019
    @Tommia

Sorry, I am sick right now and I accidentally put Kantsvieth instead of Zanletesh, I still am asking the same thing, though.

Is it ok if you can try to get the prompt by the end of the day? I have a test tomorrow and the only time I can get back on after sleeping off my cold is 11:00 PM
  • @Tommia, when can I expect my prompt and results?
  • Sorry everyone. I was very busy yesterday. Was working on a video. I'll be getting to more people to day, in chronological order like before.
  • Ok. Still doesn't tell me where I am...
  • @Pepperoni @MonkeyPirate2002

When K'Trinop arrived on the plane, he didn't know why he returned. As time went on, he discovered his past as a crusader, trying to fix this world and take down its corrupted pantheon. 600 years later, mere weeks ago, he set out to do the same thing. To change this world for the better. But it was very apparent this world wasn't changing any time soon.

When the lantern pulled on him again, K'Trinop remembered everything, every last drop of pain and agony. He had fought them before, back when there were only five gods... and he lost.

But now, here he was again, desperate grasping at what little time he had left. Once again, he was going to be sealed away, but this time was going to be the last...

Tiel and K'Trinop were helpless as their souls were taken away. Everything began to stretch and fade. K'Trinops allies were helpless as well, their souls ripped from their aqueous forms. But in this moment, something cried out to K'Trinop. It screamed, as though he was one of its own children, dying before it. It writhed and bellowed, begging to be released, and all it took was a moment of rage for its presence to finally be known...

In the moment, no one seemed to notice as K'Trinop took in the Worldsoul of the plane, breaking free from the grasp of the lantern. Ever since the Six made this world profane, Hilfmir clawed at its prison, trying to escape and seek its vengeance. For centuries, it failed, but now, K'Trinop's dying wish, his last cry for help, tethered it to him, and they both came forth with anguish unfurled, seeking nothing but bloodshed as K'Trinop possessed a nearby angel of darkness...

Now...

David's cries fell on deaf ears. It was readily apparent that K'Trinop had no second guesses as the blade fell on David, cleaving him in two. Armed demons began to storm the room, one after another, but they fell as well, failing to restrain the possessed angel.

"Everyone! Call off the summoning!"
    "Who would dare say this bloodshed does not appease me?"

Everyone except the angel freezes. A voice, colder and darker than the Promised Night, grimmer than the suffering of the world, and deeper than the chasms of Hell. Many of the cultists had heard it before when they made their vows... their contracts... it was unmistakable. Khantsievth.

"K'Trinop... I see you have found the errors of this world. How it has wronged you. I feel no anger towards you for slaying my misguided servants, interloper. Release your rage. This world is yours to claim. Spill their blood for me, and I shall build your throne upon their bones."

More cultists fall, but eventually, the angel begins to grow weak. He is suffering, feeling the pain of a thousand deaths as his body fails him. He falls to his knees, unable to continue fighting, and he dies, scattering like ashes to the wind. Much the same, his blade follows suit, and in a moment, the ashes turn to flames, and a twisted being emerges. An amalgamation of a world that had been wronged and a hero that died trying to save it. It stared down at the bloodshed before it, nearly emotionless as it turns to face the Maviol...

@Pepperoni David is dead. However, with chaos unfolding around you, now might be a good time to act.
    @MonkeyPirate2002 What will you do?
  • edited December 2019
    // @DrakeGladis Please be patient. Stuff like this takes time to think and type out, so I try to get to everything in chronological order. Right now you're next in line.
  • Ok. That was all I wanted to know. Thanks.
  • @MonkeyPirate2002 The people you came with (the leonin and the vampires)
  • edited December 2019
    Got finished with my test! I should be able set some time aside now!
This discussion has been closed.