Creature Planeswalkers

Comments

• First submission: https://mtg.design/i/gite13

I’ll make a version on mtgcardsmith soon
  • Having spent nearly an hour on this, I realize that I have no life.
  • @Undead you are allowed yes, by the rules it's either make a planeswalker into a creature or something that results in something that's both a creature and a planeswalker
  • @ihu your submissions fit the criteria of the contest

tho I think u deleted the fifth one haha
  • all very nice designs, I like em
  • since I'll be quite busy today and tomorow I'll be moving the finishing date to the 2 of january and I'll be judging cards then (and since it's vacation I go to the beach with my family during the day so I'll judge em at night haha) so:

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY 2ND TO SUBMIT NEW CARDS
  • edited January 2020
    EDIT: Adjusted this a little.
  • Last day! the deadline fast approaches!
  • edited January 2020
    This constest has been closed for judging!
  • I am finishing up the judging, and god there are so many good cards that were submitted for this I wish I had made more than 3 winning places haha
  • edited January 2020
    Final Results!

So I had a lot to judge and a lot I liked and found very well made, so the overall quality of the cards and how central was creature planeswalkers were to the card mattered a lot when choosing the winners.
    and here they are!:

First Place: @Faiths_Guide 's Charlotte Voldaren
    I love this card, the the simple mechanical design on it makes it feel like a full on vampire in mtg, with lifelink, deathtouch, even a sorin's thirst as an ability, fits so perfectly with it.
    It is a very simple idea implemented perfectly.

You get 5 favorites of your choice, a follow, and two honorable mentions of your choice!

Second Place: @TenebrisNemo 's Snuff Out the Spark & Siofra Demetra
    imageimage
    I simply couldnt decide wich one of this I liked the most, both are very well made cards, and since there were so many good entires I didnt want to put the same cardsmith in more than one place, so I put both here.
    The first one is again a very simple idea implemented flawlessly, the flavour text wich fits very well with the art, mechanic, and name made it win over another very similar card in this contest.
    And the second one is also a very simple idea, a planeswalker that turns into a creature one's it's run out of loyalty, and to complement that has no way of gaining loyalty, a very fitting and well made card, with some very nice red abilities that at it's high mana cost would allow for non control red decks to have some control in them if they're delayed and control red decks to have even more control haha.

You get 5 favorites of your choice, and an honorable mention of your choice!

Third Place: @shadow123 's Ervin, the Lavalord
    I really like this guy, tho I personally think targetting anything may be a bit stronger than he should be I think he's the most balanced 1 mana planeswalker I've ever seen, here being a creature is both a big downside and upside, as he's almost allways a creature and thus being able to be targetted by lots of things, and using his loyalty abilities makes him a weaker creature, while not using them could waste some very nice value, in addition the fact that he's a 0/1 creature makes it so unless you have something to support him he's gonna die in 1 hit.

You get 3 favorites of your choice and an honorable mention of your choice!

Honorable Mentions:

@zephyr6066 's Gideon's Legacy
    A very nice card that very fittingly builds upon gideon's legacy of creaturewalking haha.
    It's a very nice support for planeswalkers, specially for ones that dont have abilities that increase loyalty, as it provides 2 different ways of increasing loyalty, and it's a very fitting enchantment for white.

@Undead 's The Watcher of Eternity
    This is a very nice design, I'd say a very balanced way to make extra turns, since there are multiple ways to get rid of or delay the effect, the fact that he's not a planeswalker means that during extra turns you can use it to attack or block without it loosing loyalty, as long as it has +1/+1 counters on it haha.
    You also may have to decide wether you want to inmediatly take an extra turn with it or do the +2 one more time to get the effect so it doesnt die, wich is a good choice to have to make.
    It's a very nice card with built in restrictions that make it a, in my oppinion, very fair extra turn effect.

@benw 's Mimirror, the Corrupted
    A very nice card that shows many different ways a planeswalker can turn into a creature via activated abilities and can get you some very nice value, and the art fits it's mechanics very well.

Will add the other honorable mentions when the winners choose theirs.

All honorable mentions get 1 favorite of their choice!

Sorry for taking a bit to finish this I was forced to turn off my pc last night before being able to post it.
  • there were so many good cards I wish I could choose for more places haha, some specially so, next time I'll be making more than 3 winning places cause I wont be able to forgive myself otherwise lmao
  • @Xero0 Thanks so much!! I’ll make a cardsmith version when I get time! And my HM choice is @Undead’s The Watcher of Eternity!
  • Congrats to all winners and mentionables!
  • yee
    and agreed that card is very good
  • Congratulations to all the @winners and @mentions, and thanks to @Xero0 for hosting the contest
  • I had already favorited 3 of those haha
  • edited January 2020
    Ooo... So I need 3 more?

Are there three you haven't faved in here?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Faiths_Guide/sets/16057
  • yea haha
  • Thanks @Faiths_Guide for the HM!

@Xero0 Please favorite any card from this set: https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/benw/sets/47989
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/old-mother-trouble-1

Thanks for the favourite and congrats to all the winners.
  • @WarriorCatInAhat the contest has already ended, but that would indeed be a possible entry for it haha
  • @Xero0, Okay.
    Welp... *tear falls down face*
This discussion has been closed.