Mythint, Plane of Malevolent Gods

Comments

• Any chance this is continuing/going to update?
  • @zephyr6066 Yeah, but we only have 6 contestants as of now and I at least want a few more.
  • @Aggroman15
    I think 6 is a good start, I barely handle 3 in my dnd campaign, couldn't handle everyone in the reboot A Journey of Awesomeness, and Tommia has a hard time keeping track of everyone in Stitia.
    Just my thoughts though.
  • @Aggroman15

I can try to join, but my creative power is tapped right now as I am attempting to build a custom faction's mechanics whilst I flesh out a story AND also write a gigantic script.
  • @EnvyReaper I may start giving out story sometime this weekend. If you don't have time to join now, you can join later if you want.
  • Sorry for the delay, I’ve been busy. Beginning story should be out tomorrow.
  • @Ranshi If you have a computer, you can try Magic Set Editor. The version that comes with all of the templates has one for levelers.
  • edited January 2020
    @Aggroman15 Here I come!

Long ago, there was a family that lived alone in a secluded section of Hayt Forest. The father, Fen, was a skilled blacksmith, capable of imbuing magic in weapons, but many people turned away from him and his services. His wife, Mozu, was a notorious witch, said to take many forms, normally a black cat or a raven. Things were going well, until their son, Jin, became a Herald of Hope. Fen forged him a blade of Mythium, and Mozu imbued it with deadly magic. However, on his first trip back home, he was followed by a servant to one of the gods, who eventually attempted to kill him. When they failed, they plagued his parents, leading to Mozu's death.

As Mozu lie on her death bed, Jin asked her for her final wish. She grasped the blade until it cut into her skin, and she said "I wish for vengeance on the gods..."

With her dying breath, she imbued the blade with her very being. Little did Jin know her being's true nature...

As it turns out, Mozu was a shapeshifter. With her gift, she gave Jin her power. But such power came at a cost. Enter Satoshi, a samurai from Jalk, a thief, and a highly talented assassin. Rumors spread about the all powerful blade Jin wielded, capable of killing gods, stealing forms, and allowing the user to shapeshift at will. The leader of the thieves' guild he worked for ordered him to retrieve this blade, so he set out to claim it...

After mere days, Satoshi found Jin and killed him effortlessly, taking the blade as his own. However, Satoshi was folllowed. The leader of the guild was one of the gods themselves, and Satoshi quickly saw the error of his ways as the god attempted to kill him. Angered by deceit, he tried to fight the god, only to nearly die in the process. However, in a moment, he was imbued with the power of the blade. Transforming into a fickle form, he was able to escape, but...

Forever transformed by the power of the blade, Satoshi now lacks an identity, forever a shapeshifter. Unwilling to return to Jalk, he remains in Hayt Forest, and has since become a Herald of Hope himself. While Mozu is angered by Satoshi's killing, they have since bonded for a mutual purpose; vengeance against the gods.

Name: Satoshi Yoro
    Race: Shapeshifter (Formerly Human)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Strengths: Skilled in swordplay, trained assassin, decent at stealth, able to mimic anyone he's killed, some minor shapeshifting abilities
    Weaknesses: The spirit of Mozu still has hold of Satoshi's power. While he can shapeshift, he has loose control over his powers. Unlike most shapeshifters, he has trouble shapeshifting into non-humanoid forms, unless he has killed the creature whose form he wants to take. In addition, shapeshifting frequently leaves him in a weakened state, unless he uses the power of the blade to shapeshift (into the form of a creature he has killed).
  • Ha! You underestimate my lack of autonomy! I only have a chromebook.
  • @Aggroman15 Has this been abandoned? It's fine if it has been but I'd like to at least know if it has.
  • @Bowler218, @spookoops, @zephyr6066, @Daedalus_The_All_Father, @Ranshi, @Stryk3r

Wow. So I'm now looking back on this and thinking, "Huh. This is actually a really cool idea for a saga. Why did I not actually follow through with this? That was dumb of me." So I want to know if any of you would actually be interested in still doing this. 
  • I still really want to do this!
  • Yeah, it'll take me a bit to get around to it (and everything else I'm doing on here) due to what's going on in my life right now but I am still interested.
  • I personally wasn't a fan of the mechanic you had us work with.
  • Is it ok if I rewrite Stafa and his staff to be at least better worded?
  • @Bowler218 Yup, you can do that.
  • edited May 2020
    @Aggroman15 You forgot me...
  • @Tommia Oops! My bad, I thought I had gotten everyone. You are of course welcome to return as well, if you want to. 

On an unrelated note, if new people want to join, they certainly can! Simply follow the character creation guidelines detailed in the saga description.

• Sain

Name:Gingame
    Race:Artificial
    Strengths:Smart, optimistic
    Weaknesses:Emotionless, loud, small
    Abilities:Can rewire the dead to serve him as idiotic slaves

Gingame was made by Dr. Julius, but was abandoned after he summoned a horde of zombies to kill the scientist. He now makes locks for people, and other protective items. No one knows of his true nature, and no one will ever know.

• I love my Damascus Stone, I would enjoy continuing this.
  • @Aggroman15 I'll be keeping my existing character, though I may resubmit the backstory when I touch up the cards during my days off.
  • Ok, very sorry for the delay (again). But before we begin, I figured that I'd shine a spotlight on the gods you are trying to defeat. There are 10 of them, each in a different 2-color combination (Although the cards will come later. I'm keeping those a surprise for when you eventually fight them!) (Gods in question are smaller than they appear, at least when they come down from the God-Realm):

Name: Solton
    God of: Light
    Colors: Red and White
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Description: Solton is a being nearly entirely made of light, and wields fiery "sun-spears" as favored weapons. He is known for bringing droughts and fires with him wherever he goes.

Name: Nekilon
    God of: Madness
    Colors: Black and Red
    Description: The subject of many cults, Nekilon encourages blood, sacrifice, and his followers going insane to please him. When he doesn't get enough sacrifices, he brings his wrath down and gets some carnage himself.

Name: Yilinos
    God of: The sea, and the monsters within
    Colors: Green and Blue
    Description: Cities who disappoint Yilinos, and many who don't, are overwhelmed with destructive tsunamis and enormous sea creatures. Ships must be extra careful, as Yilinos is prone to destroying seafaring vessels on a whim.

Name: Ralith
    God of: Solidarity and Animals
    Colors: Green and White
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Description: At first thought, you may think that a god of solidarity couldn't possibly be evil. Then you get attacked by hoards of beasts working in perfect harmony, and your mind is changed. Ralith is rarely seen without Tylin, his canine companion.

Name: Ultoth
    God of: Death and Law
    Colors: White and Black
    Description: If you break a law in his presence, he will punish you severely, usually by using the other thing he's the god of. He sometimes will see entire towns as unlawful, and unredeemable, and destroy them.

Name: Lagrhe (pronounced Lag-ree)
    God of: Wilderness
    Colors: Green and Red
    Description: Towering over even most gods, Laghre despises civilization, and as such is one of the most destructive gods. He protects nature, dispatching of those who would interfere with it.

Name: Surtith
    God of: Trickery
    Colors: Blue and Black
    Description: Surtith's form of destruction is more subtle than the other gods'. He can shapeshift to look like whoever he wants, and destroys mortal kingdoms from within. (@Tommia The godly leader of the thieves guild mentioned in your backstory was almost certainly Surtith.)

Name: Egrin
    God of: The Sky
    Colors: White and Blue
    Description: Egrin enjoys sending tornadoes or flocks of deadly birds to towns and cities that dissapoint her. She is one of the gods most often seen in the mortal realm, as she enjoys the wind in her feathers and the ability to seek out towns fit for punishment herself.

Name: Rohnix
    God of: Plagues and the Underworld
    Colors: Green and Black
    Description: While Ultoth is the god of death, Rohnix controls what happens after the fact. He occasionally feels the need for some more souls in the underworld, and sends terrible sickness to wrack parts of the world.

Name: Wyrin
    God of: Storms
    Colors: Blue and Red
    Description: On Wyrin's good days, he is relatively calm. However, when he's not in a good mood he relentlessly exerts his power over the mortal realm, causing devastating thunderstorms or storms of lava from an active volcano. 

Alright, now you know what you're up against! Obviously you've got a long way to go before you can kill one of these guys, but that's the goal! Starting story should be up tomorrow, as I won't be able to get on my computer today.
  • Also @LordTachanka123 you don’t have all the neccicary parts of your character submitted. I still need your Mythium weapon, and until I get it I can’t technically give you any challenges because you don’t have a complete submission. Also, this isn’t neccicary but a starting sector would be very nice. Otherwise I’ll just put you somewhere random on the map.
  • edited June 2020
    (Blue black shapeshifter blue black shapeshifter

Looks like I should at least be on equal footing, relatively speaking)
  • Haha, I forgot how fun it was to write Stafa's entire backstory!
  • @Aggroman15 I think @LordTachanka123 did make, and submit, it and give the starting location (Sain). I think there was just something wrong with how they submitted the card that made it not show up. This is the link to the Mythium weapon, it's just missing the equip cost: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/mechanim-arcanim?list=user

Edit: Wording
This discussion has been closed.