Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @KalamMekhar
    love the way it would play, would destroy me against all my modern and pauper decks
  • @TheWanderer, those Asian based cards are always pretty cool!
    Thoughts? https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/syr-aeridan-the-upholder?list=user
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/flame-imbued-blade?list=user
    Give each a fav and/or a comment and then post up to 2 cards of your own.
  • @Mir-151414 I think there's too much going on with Syr Aeridan. Vigilance and first strike are fine, but then he also comes with at least four 1/1 soldier tokens? That are also lifelinkers? And he does that on death as well? And he's also got Gavony Township stapled to him? And all this for 5 mana? That's way too much. Not only that, but there's also nothing red about his design; he could simply be green-white or even mono white. Regarding the other abilities, you've got to select maybe two or three of the best ones and drop the rest, otherwise you have one card that does everything: he's good against spot removal, mass removal, aggro, control, everything! I'd start by reducing his power to maybe 2 or 3 (8 power across 5 bodies is too good for 5 mana) and either drop the death ability or drop the lifelink from the tokens. I might drop the lifelink, since the death trigger does have interesting synergy with the pump ability. Lastly, consider making this mono white, costing maybe 2WWW and the pump ability at 2WW: everything about this card screams white to me, and mono white could use some more powerful commanders!

Thoughts? I (as well as other users) have concerns regarding power level.
  • edited January 2020
    @KalamMekhar left a fav ;)
    I think that it is a little overpower considering that it will always have flying and lifelink... maybe if you replaced flying with vigilance... but other then that awesome card

Next up; Give it a like and/or comment, then post up to two of your own.
  • @Mir-151414 I like the look and feel of Syr Aeridan. Lovely work there. Angel of strength's art is Serra Angel. Don't know if you knew or know that, so I thought i'd let you. I would possibly have Aeridan create Knight tokens instead of Soldiers so you can take advantage of the Knight Tribal and synergy bonuses that a lot of the cards in Eldarine provide.

Next, give it a like, and/or comment, then post up to two of your own.
  • @Revan I really like the flavour, and the card overall reminds me of No Mercy, except that this one is strong in the situations where No Mercy is weak (against a wide board of small creatures) and vice versa (this doesn't do much against, say, a Gurmag Angler). It's situationally quite powerful, and the added draw is always welcome in a colour pairing that often lacks draw.

I have two changes to suggest. The first is one of wording: I think the first ability should read "pays 2 life" rather than "loses 2 life", since the opponent is required to make a choice here, so that seems more intuitive. Secondly, I feel the second ability should be restricted to your own turn: it feels unfair to yank Monarch status away from an opponent who worked hard to gain it from you on their turn, denying them a card. You won't always have fodder, yes, but in decks that want to maximize this card, you probably will. Just seems fairer to at least give the opponent a crack at one card.

My take on Yato from Noragami. The explanation behind the design is in a comment on the card page. Feedback appreciated.
  • @KalamMekhar Left a fav
    Awesome, I personally would've made him cost more and move the sacrifice down to 4 artifacts.

• @KalamMekhar Thanks for your feed back. Originally I had the second ability only activateable during your turn, but changed it at the last minute.
  • edited January 2020
    @fantastickill7 left a fav.
    Redid Angel of Strength. ( changed the name )
    Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/giver-of-strength
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/sunlit-expanse?list=user
    Give these a comment and/ or a favorite then post up to 2 cards of your own.
  • edited January 2020
    @Mir-151414
    Commented on Giver of Strength and Sunlit Expanse.
    I've got my own white card now!

Next Up:
    I couldn't find Lammasu (or lamassu) artwork that I liked, so I quickly combined artwork from a couple of different artists in MS Paint. I think it's passable at this scale.

This was made for an order in My Restaurant . Feel free to swing by and place an order yourself!
    All of the past orders can be found on The Menu.

Comment on Abis and/or give him a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • edited January 2020
    @Faiths_Guide
    Left a fav.
    love the flavor... no pun intended ;)

image image
  • edited January 2020
    @Fantastikill7 Both cards seem okay. I would definitely make gothmog a 4/4 instead of a 5/4. Instead of a comma before “you gain that much life” there should either be a period or “and”. Credit the artist if possible!

My cards:

I am using a mechanic that was scrapped from @ningyounk’s set: Rezatta.
    image image
  • edited January 2020
    @shadow123
    I would agree, but Josu Vess, Lich Knight is a 4/5 menace that costs 4... comparatively I feel that adding 1 to the cost and making it a 5/4 is perfectly reasonable.

will fix the punctuation.

couldn't find artists names :( otherwise I would've credited them.

@shadow123 Decent cards, they look balanced enough to me, and I like the flavor. But you need to capitalize the "art" in Evala's first ability. And shouldn't Hall of Legends be gold framed? It is very similar to "Command tower" and that is gold framed... I believe that if a land could produce mana of any color it is framed in gold... correct me if I'm wrong.

• edited January 2020
    @Fantastickill7 I won’t put a gold frame on it until we have proper gold land frames. Thanks for the capitalization thing.

Also, I would make it even less than a 4/4 maybe. Your card can repeatedly destroy other creatures, and the cost is only a lot for high power creatures. Even then, you can gain back life lost with this card anyways. It’s what black does.
  • edited January 2020
    @Fantastickill7
    I commented on your card.

Next Up:

Comment on the sphinx and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @shadow123
    ok, you have made a valid point. how about 3/4 (that would weaken it against white with all the destroy target creature with power 3 or less stuff) or 4/3 (That would weaken it against red with cards like lightning strike)
  • @Fantastickill7 I’m personally in favor of 3/4. I think both work fine though.

Also, I edited Evala!
  • edited January 2020
    Sure like sphinxes @Faiths_Guide.
    Oh man I'd hate to play against that card ( I hate mill decks. ) Awesome card though. https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/kiana-deaths-edge
    Comment on this card and/ or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • I faved your card @Mir-151414

Made this for your tavern @Faiths_Guide

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/tavern-competition

Comment on Tavern competition and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • edited January 2020
    @Dizzydude
    left a fav.
    I think it's a little overpower considering that you will always know what's on top of your library... but I love it still ;)

image image
  • edited January 2020
    @Fantastikill7 A bit of a syntax error on the charm. it should say "When [cardname] enters the battlefield, scry 1, then draw a card if you control a Bird." Otherwise I like these cards.

Comment and/or favorite, then post up to two of your own!
  • @ouser94501
    Commented and dropped a fave.
    Thoughts? Please do comment; faves don't improve my skill. Even if you don't see a problem with it, say so. It helps.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/greater-exploration
  • @DrakeGladis
    Left a fav.
    For starters, the additional cost should've been pay X life, not lose X life. Secondly, I most definitely would've made this mythic, also probably would've made it cost {3}{u}{b} if not {4}{u}{b}. I don't really see the point of making this an instant, probably would've made it a sorcery myself. All in all, overpower, but still I really like this card.
    Hopefully that was helpful

please comment. Why? See @DrakeGladis's point above
  • @Fantastickill7 absolutely a blight. Love *cough* hate the ability. But man, that's a great ability. Left a fav.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dragon-of-ruins-abode
    Leave a comment and/or a favorite on Dragon of Ruin's Abode then post up to two cards of your own.
  • @Fantastickill7 of course you know how popular Aven Windlord's Charm is by now. I did comment and fave it.

Pouncing Yeti is just perfect. It's so very Temur. It could definitely see print in a real set, at uncommon, just as you have it.

Guys when can I post a card
  • @Mir-151414 Commented.

My two cards:

image image