Post your cards here. Actually see what others think.

Comments

• @Scott_Anderson
    Thanks!

you just have to comment and/or favorite the cards posted immediately before yours and then you can post up to two of your own for example, you would fav/comment on @shadow123's lightcaster and/or eternal watchman, then you would post up to two of your own.
  • @shadow123
    I feel that Lightcaster is a little over priced. I would probably of made it {1}{w}{w} instead of {3}{w}.
    Eternal Watchman's ability should be "Exile Eternal Watchman: Exile all cards from target opponent's graveyard. You gain 1 life."
    Otherwise I think that they're great.

Next up; Give it a like and/or comment, then post up to two of your own.
  • @Mir-151414 Commented.

Thoughts on this card?

• @shadow123 it’s ever so slightly behind the power curve. A 3/3 for 3 in two colors is not efficient.

That’s not a bad thing. Not every card has to push the limit.

It’s got great flavor from name to art to flavor text so I like it a lot.

You don’t have to say “their exile.” “In exile” is okay.
  • edited January 2020
    @shadow123 left a favorite. I really like the card, could probably be costed at {W}{B} since the second ability isn't the easiest to have active. Flavor win too.

Looking for thoughts on a cycle of cards aimed at multiplayer using a mechanic revolving around a player losing the game ("Sparkfueled"). These are aimed to help turn the tide against snowballing, or winning more after defeating a player (but still very niche)

(2/3 in the cycle)
    imageimage
  • @Shadaar you can only post up to two cards after commenting/favoriting a card...
  • edited January 2020
    @Fantastickill7 sorry, I felt weird posting 2/3 of the cycle. I can remove one or I'll favorite/comment on the next card(s) posted to even it out

Edit: fixed, removed 1 :)
  • @Scott_Anderson @Shadaar Thanks for the feedback!
  • edited January 2020
    @Shadaar
    I really like the creativity of both cards. I don’t think the cards need to be legendary because it makes the casting cost too hard, especially if you can only cast these spells when a player loses the game. This also makes both cards only playable in multiplayer formants, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. The wording “all players accured” is wrong. I would say “all players are cured” instead. I don’t think you need “from all sources are reset to zero.”

This is my Sphinx for Temurzoa’s Sphinx contest:

• @tookie1 This seems like a reasonably balanced card. You always have to be careful when making a flying creature that has other abilities that you don't make it too expensive or too cheap, and I think you nailed it here. I would almost, (almost) say that after looking, you may cast an instant or sorcery from it for free until the end of your turn, but that's kind of a Nicol bolas thing, and this sphinx doesn't look very Bolasy. Its good, great job

Next up; Give it a like and/or comment on it, then post up to two of your own.
  • edited January 2020
    @Mir-151414 Porahk is way too overcosted as a 7 drop. I think you could get away with it being 5 mana. as for Pyrotanos, having permanents gain keywords permanently is frowned upon,mainly because it's difficult to keep track of. for a more realistic version of this effect, you could say: "Whenever a red or white creature you control escapes, it gains your choice of flying or lifelink, and is an avatar in addition to its other types for as long as you control [Cardname].

Here's my card. Leave a comment and/or a favorite, then post up to two of your own!
  • edited January 2020
    @ouser94501 I see nothing white about this spell... I feel like your copying Sai, Master Thopterist with your first ability. But yours isn't as good. There should be an "a" in between Create and colorless. Other then that good card.

• Theros: Beyond Death is now gonna be in standard, and I had an itch to make more members of the Titan line. We only got 2 in the main set. 2! Freakin' why?! lol

Needless to say, I thought there had to be more potential with this kind of concept in the plane, which is why I'm thinking of making more of them. This is the first one that I had in the works until now.

Everyone, meet Malgor, Titan of Restless Pain! Fresh from the card forge! Tell me what you think! ^.^

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/complete/full/2020/1/22/1579746033316267.png
  • @blackmage740

It looks fair.

But why has it got a nonzero converted mana cost if, when cast, it can’t stay on the battlefield? Why 1WB in particular?
  • edited January 2020
    @BlackMage740 Unfortunately Malgor is a one card infinite combo. Here's how it works. Play Malgor, than order the ETB triggers so that the sacrifice ability goes first. You sac it, and then return it to the battlefield with its other ability, allowing you to repeat the process. This eventually results in all of your opponent's creatures dying. Maybe make it so that it can't target itself? Even then, all you would need is another copy in the graveyard to combo off.

Here's my card. Comment and/or favorite it, then post up to two of your own!
    C'thalpa, The Internal One
  • edited January 2020
    ouser94501 left a fav.
    For legendary creatures you only have to use the cards full name once(in this case "C'thalpa, The Internal One") and then you can use its name name(in this case "C'thalpa"). also it's just exile, not exile zone. over all great card.

• @Mir-151414
    Commented on both.

Next Up:

Comment on the Curse and/or give it a favorite, then post up to two cards of your own!
  • @Faiths_Guide, left a fav.
    Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/krymia-blade-of-death-1?list=user
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/horikos-deathly-animator?list=user
    I guess I was rather thinking of making a cycle, but is it still a cycle if it's more than five cards? In any case I guess I'm making a card for each two-color-combo.
    Comment and/or favorite these two, and then post up to two cards of your own.
  • @Mir-151414 Faved both
    why did you add "â" to the end of escape? (you had it Escapeâ)

• @DrakeGladis
    Thanks for the feedback! I edited it (had to change heavens to stars in the name cause it was overlapping the mana cost)
  • @DrakeGladis An interesting and refreshing new way to make a zombie. I like it. It doen't seem too expensive for what it does. I will ask, is the sacrificing a cost or an effect?

Next up: give it a comment and/or like, then post up to two of your own.
  • @Revan Left a fav.
    In my opinion it fits the tribal Rat theme very nicely
    I feel that scrying 4 is maybe a little much... but I'm not sure...
    other than that great card!

Next up: give it a comment and/or like, then post up to two of your own.
  • @Fantastickill7 so, basically if you have land untapped when you cast The Forges of Asorath, then you have one turn to player something(s) before you're all tapped out?Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/purakos-from-the-pit?list=user
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/pritos-giver-of-undeath?list=user
    Give these a like and/or comment and then post up to two cards of your own.
  • @Mir-151414 I think these are great additions to the cycle, however the cycle as a whole does not seem very interesting. Sure, giving your creatures keyword abilities is useful, but it doesn't seem like any of the creatures in the cycle stand out at all. If you look at other recent cycles like the gods or the hybrid color knights from Eldraine, you can see that each of them does something different from the others. Perhaps if you make only one of them give keywords and have the others do something different when a card escapes? Here's an idea: Purakos, from the pit can be the same stats and all, but you can replace it's second ability with something like "Whenever a creature you control escapes, target creature card in your graveyard gains escape until end of turn. Its escape cost is equal to its mana cost plus 'exile four other cards from your graveyard'." P.S. Is Purakos from the Therosian equivalent of Tartarus? If so, that's pretty cool.
    Next up: Favorite and/or comment on this card, then post up to two of your own.
    The Nameless Mist
  • edited January 2020
    @ouser94501
    I don't think Eldritch is a creature type, and I don't really understand the many exiles.
    Next up:
    And/or