COLONISERS: Season 5!!! (Colonisers of Mystik)

Comments

• Read the first letters
  • The thundering footsteps of the Soulless Ones march onward, awaiting the determination of their fate...
  • After difficult hours of judging, we have chosen the least best faction. All of these entries were quality, but some obviously had to be worse than others, and even though they put up a great fight, @KorandAngels and the paradise of birds shall not go further. You feel your feathers burning. Your hatchlings being led away. It is too much to take. Wrap some foil around your wings, say farewell to your bird buddies, and HEAD HOME!

The rest of you, INSPIRATION! The jellyfish may be mostly gone now, but they left behind a residual magical energy that crackles and pops. You shall use that energy to create your OWN MAGIC CREATURES! This isn't elimination, so let your imaginations run wild.
    Deadline is next tuesday.

(P.S. We are having some technical problems with the map, but we will have it up ASAP)
  • I wasn't expecting to be out so soon. It was a pleasure to be here.
  • @KorandAngels

Pleasure to have you. Market is tightening, I believe :/
    Better luck in your other endeavours
  • Judging time increases.
    Card quality increases.
    Difficulty increases.
    Season 5 is the hardest yet.
  • @HeroKP, when you say "Create your own magic creatures" are you just wanting us to design a few random creature cards. Or, do you want us to bring new creature types into the MtG world?
  • @spookoops
    That is up to your interpretation.
  • I am kinda bad at making balanced cards, and I write so concisely that it's bad.
  • I already have an idea, I just need my brother's approval and edits. I feel pretty good about this one though.
  • @DrakeGladis I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm just an innocent bystander in everything I do.
  • "Journal Entry # 05401
    More odd events to record today. In the distance, we saw a ship. Apparently, we aren't alone even up here. However, the inscription on their ship "The Lost", is hopeful. Perhaps they will understand our goals, maybe even be willing to assist us in them. We don't know if they saw us, but it is possible. "
    From my jellyfish solution.
  • Gareth and his brother, Judiel, combined their knowledge and skills to form a new creature. They expected a new Saint to be born, likely one akin to the Saint of Supremacy Rukesiel, but in the end no Saint was born. Instead, a being of such unimaginable power that even the Gods shake at even a hint of referencing them. After all, how can you fight something that just denies a being it's very existence?
    That being said, it recognizes Gareth's leadership and is willing to join the Lost. It's first job is to see if the people on the (relatively) nearby ship we noticed a while ago are friendly. If they are then we are willing to work together should our goals align. This still relies on whether they are friendly though. After all, who better to see potential enemies than someone who can wipe them all out if things turn for the worst?

@DrakeGladis I think this answers your question well enough.
  • Yes, thank you.
    My story bit will respond.
    Not right now though.
  • @HeroKP, do the creatures created need stay within our color pie?
  • Skuleayr's Log #1

Not sure of the date in this place, but it's around dusk on a Thursday.

I'm not usually a "Captain's Log" kind of pirate, but things are ramping up pretty quickly out here, so I figure I may as well save some kind of record of the crazy stuff that's going on. A few days ago, we were assaulted by jellyfish, of all things. Mararro helped them into a humanoid zombie body through a process I hope wasn’t too painful so that they could walk on land, but even so only a few decided to stay with us (Although I suspect that Mararro may have kept one of the jellyfish for experimentation). The jellyfish that decided they didn’t want legs and went back to the depths left a strange magical residue. Mararro was saying something about it “maybe being the final piece.” He’s been in his quarters ever since. Not sure if I want to know, but I’m sure I will soon anyways.
  • 96 HOURS!
  • edited February 2020
    The power from the jellyfish was immense in the hand’s of the king’s scientists. Developments were mindblowing and constant, and in the end they managed to create an entirely new species, named the “Claw-Tooth Ravager”. What drives this beast to absolute, undoubted strength is rather simple — it’s tough skin and massive size.

• @ThatOneCat

As much as I like that card, it is, unfortunately, not in your colours.
    It also doesn't sound like your description. Are you sure that you posted the right card? :)
  • Skuleayr's Log #2

Midday Friday

Well, I said I'd know what Marraro was working on soon, and I was not wrong. He came into my cabin with a grin on his face that told me he'd gone and done something that involved quite a few things dying. "Hey there, captain! Boy do I have something to show you!" Marraro said excitedly. "My project is finally done! The magic from the jellyfish has allowed me to increase the power and efficiency of my projects tenfold at least, so it went pretty quick after they left!" Marraro didn't get this happy about just anything, so I was pretty interested. "Ok, show me. What have you made this time?" Marraro turned around and said, "Ok, come on in!" A hulking shadow loomed in the doorway. When it entered, I saw a strange sight. A large zombie, seemingly made from miscalanious parts; A metal hook on one side, coral growing out of the other. And it had a hole in it's stomach that it seemed his guts were falling out of. "Ok, so he's big and uses lots of different parts. How exactly is this groundbreaking?" Marraro's skeletal grin grew even wider. "Well, allow me to demonstrate!" He took a small dead bird out of his pocket and threw it into the gaping hole in the monster's stomach. The creature fell to the ground, and it's back began to... morph. Before I knew it, the thing had beuatiful wings sprouting out of it's back, and a few feathers on it's arms. "And it works with more than just bird's wings. Unfortunately, the effects wear off after a while when it's body has finished doing something akin to digestion." Marraro explained. We talked for a bit longer, and he left. The thing, which he called an "amalgam," should prove very useful, provided we keep a stockpile of things to feed it.

• @HeroKP Design was being weird. Is it the right card now?
  • @ThatOneCat

Deedle-dy, it certainly is, and what a regal card! :D
  • "The last of the jellyfish are obliterated, sir."
    Ezorael gives his lieutenant a scrutinizing glance.
    "Sorry, sir. Uh, I mean..."
    Ezorael waves the apology away, before asking, "Now, I heard that the jellies have left behind some energy to create. Is this true?"
    "Yes, sir. The mages are just waiting for your command."
    "This may sound old-fashioned of me, but I think we should stick with a dragon. Any ideas?"
    We have enough brawny dragons as of now. I think we should make a more speedy one., Nekrekkar calls from Ezorael's side. And give it a mental barrier. I don't like the thought of our warriors turning on each other should we confront those Ekishan Zealots.
    "Yes, Nekrekkar, you've raised valid points."
    Oh, shut up.
    "Well, you know what they should make. And give our warriors a mental barrier, too, if any magic is left over."
    "Sir yes sir."
    The lieutenant walks away as a courier enters the room.
    "Sir, I just got back from the Paradise of Birds. Their land is in ruins. They have fled."
    Ezorael is speechless for a moment, before replying with, "That's too bad. Before they leave the realm, send a message saying I'm deeply sorry that they had to retreat so early on. If we can spare any, give them some resources to replace what was burned."
    The courier nods.
    "Yes sir."
    As the courier leaves, Ezorael puts his face in his palms.
    "I keep telling them to call me by my name. When will they learn?"

• edited February 2020
    As the Zealots of Ekisha further their exploration, they happen upon an ancient temple. Never ones to forgo knowledge and curiosity, they delve in. Deep within the temples corridors, slumbered a Sphinx. Annoyed that it has been disturbed, but intrigued by the Zealots tenacity, he offers them insight and assistance, if they can solve his ancient riddle; or perish like the bones of past.

"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?"

This discussion has been closed.